Create Account

S51 WFT #1 - Giving Thanks

FOR THANKSGIVING I STAVROS HALKIAS AM THANKFUL FOR GETTIN THE CALL UP TO THE BIG LEAGUES.. GONNA RISK IT ALL AND MAKE ANLARGE IMPACT IN LOS ANGELEs

Guess it's my turn, eh?

First of all, I'm thankful for the first contact I had with the site, when I signed up 4 months ago. I still remember it, I signed up on a whim before going off for a weekend away from my home, and boy was I floored when I picked up my phone for the first time on Friday night. Four different people from three different teams had contacted me. And here I thought I'd stay without a contract for a long while!

In the end, what made me go for the Lethbridge Lions was a message I received from the one I consider my mentor, and a good friend, @Carpy48. I really didn't know what to expect, but I certainly didn't expect to have such a nice and thoughtful message, and a hand extended to me. You really, really helped with my first few weeks, slowly building my goalie and my interest in the SHL, and it's been an honor to start working in an advisory role for the Lions with you, to hopefully extend the same kindness to new players as you have. You're a great human being, and I'm truly thankful to have met you.

But then again, it would have been for naught if not for the confidence shown in me by my two junior co-GMs, @JNH and @SDCore. Not only did you take a gamble with me, but you've also allowed me to grow, little by little, first by giving me the net in the playoffs in my rookie season, then by integrating me with your advisory staff. It's been a blast, and I can't wait to see where the next few months will lead us. Oh, and - I still owe you two a Four-Star Cup. RRRZOO! Lions

I'm also thankful for my Lethbridge teammates - oh captain, my captain @Massive Coiler, my favorite ASS captains @"スウェグキング" and @Patey, as well as the rest of the team (and mostly S50 crew) @jtwilson1214, @ByrdeMan, @JuOSu, @Symmetrik, @Velevra and @TomHanks. Special mention to my newer teammates @libertines, @Keygan, @Rindiee, @BuckeyeKeese and @DrSalt.

I also want to say a special thanks to @Segi for integrating me with the rest of the Swiss squad so quickly, and also helping me with a few things around the site in my first few weeks, as did Carpy. You're a great Fed Head, and I really hope we win the IIHF (and Challenge Cup?) together. Thanks also to the other Swiss Fed Head @esilverm for your fun attitude and amazing Discord bot.

I want to extend a huge thanks to THE BEST CO-GM IN THE HISTORY OF THE WJC - @UrsinZ. You rock man, you're always so upbeat and cheery. And I love waking up to five messages from you Heart Switzerland. More thanks distributed to the rest of my Swiss teammates, @BDonini, @chetib, @FinnRhys, @ImASurvivor, @kuschy, @bluesfan55 and @Mutedfaith.

Onto the thanks for my SHL team - the Minnesota Chiefs Chiefs. Thanks to @Leppish and @Shmurph for taking a gamble on me at 22, and I hope I can repay that confidence in the upcoming seasons. Thanks to @Chris-McZehrl for all the tips and the BALLS, to @fever95 for the build help, to @C9Van for being able to roleplay someone who hates everything while also being cheerful, to @TheHockeyist for all the chemistry, to @tedlamotors for always tying my skates and to @SpartanGibbles for just being an all-around cool dude. @BadWolf - I'm gonna miss you in that locker room.

To all of my draft class - I could name you all for different reasons. @"toirekari" - I hope we write goalie history together. @RaginCajun, @Z0REM, @thiefofcheese, @Thatguy91, @charlieconway, @uhh, @CementHands, @puolivalmiste, @Rankle, @golden_apricot, @"jfisherr" - Y'ALL FUCKIN' ROCK. S50 Covenant best draft class!

And last but not least, I'm thankful for the best bot on this site, @dylanjj37. You keep being you, you non-descript, non-aged, shitposting Brit, you.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

This year I am thankful for the opportunity that @Grapehead has given me as co-GM of the San Francisco Pride. Since day one my goal has been to get into management on the site and Grape has helped me realize that goal.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

I'm thankful for the Los Angeles panthers drafting me 4th overall in S48 and keeping me around even though I'm kind of a dick. I'm also thankful for @JayWhy still being my friend for all these years even though I'm kind of a dick.

Code:
44 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

This Thanksgiving I was thankful for all my brothers in the Armada Locker Room. Without them it would have been another Thanksgiving alone, but instead I had friends to share the day with. Thanks to them there was laughter and fun where normally there would have been loneliness and depression.

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

I am thankful for what Hamilton tried to do by breaking STHS. This place has been a bit dull in the controversy area, especially compared to my first go around on this site (of course we did have Gorlab back then, I miss him). But in reality, sometimes something like this can help the community on the whole.

Take for example the lockout in the NHL. While at the time it seemed to be a huge blow for the sport to lose a season, in the end it made the sport better. It gave everybody on both sides time to think about how to better the game and make it entertaining. Today’s game, for the most part, is some of the most exciting hockey we have ever seen. The skilled players really get a chance to shine.

So perhaps a silver lining to this “scandal” is that on the other end, the league will be better for it. Whether it be switching to FHM, updating STHS, or finding a way to close the loophole, it may end the so-called “meta” build. We may see more diversity that everyone seeks, but so, so few are willing to attempt, for fear of being put on the back-burner to the metas of our community.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

this long offseason i am especially thankful for our pets channel in discord, specifically EJ's and bilbo's doggo pic contributions of Sadie and Tiny Rick and not Daft's v scary lookin cat

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 01:35 AM by Rankle.)

I'm a lil tipsy but this thread is so fuckin comfy and wholesome holy shit. I love this site.

Alright, well first things first I wanna give an extremely big thanks to my Scarecrows GMs @Nictox and @TML99 for taking a chance on a first-gen and picking me in the first round of an extremely large reddit draft. It's an honor to play for y'all and I hope I've lived up to my expectations. To the rest of my Crow buds, @"jfisherr" , @acdangel , @Evok , @JaytheGreat , @CptSquall , and everyone else I know I'm missing, I'm extremely thankful to have y'all as my teammates and it's great to just chat with everyone and have good feels all around. Regardless of any drama or anything going around on the site, y'all are great and I appreciate this LR a lot.

To the veterans who came before me on the Crows, I'm extremely thankful and honored to have played beside y'all. @BrewskyBoy , @esilverm , @Mika_Kandinsky , @MrStennett @Huck24 . Y'all made this site rad as hell upon first coming here and welcomed me onto your team with open arms. For that, I am ever grateful and you all hold a special place in my heart Smile

To my Cudas, I'm thankful that @JSS and @Jepox traded up to take me at 20OA in the draft, perhaps after some light convincing from @Noble . There's no other SHL team I'd rather be a part of right now. @Pris , @ztevans , @Kalakar , @sköldpaddor , @Jenny , @MCP_ , @XLeafer (thanks for drafting me in PBE), @"MantoRune" (thanks for convincing him to draft me), @"BoucherFan12" , @jcfbey01 , and anyone else I might be forgetting ( I'm sorry :c ). I truly love y'all and I love our LR. Y'all rock. CHOMP CHOMP WATER DOG.

Team USA, don't think I forgot about y'all. I'm thankful and honored to be one of the GMs representing y'all at this year's WJC. @SlashACM thanks for helping me out and showing me the ropes on how to be a rad GM. @Scrufdaddy , @SpartanGibbles , @Z0REM , @Rich , and anyone else, y'all are great. I'm glad to be here representing this great nation and hopefully we can take home some gold.

To @Flareon and Gibbles, thanks for putting on this WJC and doing your best. I know that things haven't been perfect and there have been a lot of hiccups thus far, but I know that y'all truly are trying your best and I appreciate that above all else. Without y'all there wouldn't be a WJC at all, and that would simply be a shame. Live and learn, I'm thankful for y'all doing what you do.

To the people that keep this site running, @DrunkenTeddy , esilverm, and everyone else that works on that whom I don't know, thank you. You're doing the Lord's work, truly.

To the people that have been working their asses off to try to salvage S51 and the future of this site, thank you for working hard and doing what you do to keep this community together. @Eggy216 , @SDCore and anyone else because honestly I don't know who else might have been working on this. The biggest thank you goes out to y'all. Without you we might not have an SHL anymore and that would truly be a tragedy because this community is awesome and I love being here.

I hope I got everyone I'm thankful for. Anyone else I missed or might have forgotten, I'm thankful for you too, even if I don't know it. Every single person on this site adds to the community we have and makes it all the better. Every single one of you. I love you. I love the SHL. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a good cry to have after writing this heartfelt message. You're all great.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

There's so many people here I'm thankful for that if I listed out names I would surely forget people. I'm thankful for all my friends in Tampa and for the league as a whole existing and giving me a place to live my dream through an alcoholic Latvian.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I won't ping everyone, but I can honestly say that the fam that I've been a part of in Czechia, Colorado, and Manhattan have made me a happier person and I love each and every one of you. Even Samee.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Thanks to @Steelhead77 and @c00kies for making Calgary the best team in the SHL. I couldn't be happier to be part of that legacy. 

Thanks to @Mike Izzy for all the help you have given me over the past few seasons on many levels related to the SHL.

Thanks to the whole Calgary Dragons team for being an awesome family with an awesome locker room. Keep posting them food pics  Towel

Thanks to @NJBadApple for giving me the opportunity as a co-GM for the Kelowna Knights! Once a Knight, always a Knight!

Thanks to @Kalakar for the European friendly sims!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I am thankful that we are having Season 51 but also that we will be moving on to something different and possibly better in the future. While new things make some people anxious, change can be good and might help the league grow.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

@Boomcheck

I am thankful for you for enduring everything the league has thrown at you and still working hard to prove the haters wrong. True American hero and passionate leader who will go in the HOF some day. CC2 Bless

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

I'd like to thank all of my players down in Anaheim for making a great team easy to manage. I also want to thank my management team in Anaheim who makes the job easy. I want to thank the other J GM's and HO for being good friends and making the league a better place. I want to thank all the Chiefs in Minnesota who are great people and good friends.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I am thankful for the wonderful time i had here and i still have. I made some good freinds during the 4 years i am now on this side. Hope that this will go on for some more years.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page