Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay

Dom was itching to play hockey, but as a hockey player and sailor, he didn't mind having a little more time in the water to show Lockhart his favorite places around the Bay Area before the season would inevitably start. He chilled quite a bit on his boat at the local fancy-people marina, went hiking on local trails, and even hit up some higher up places on the west coast. He didn't want to stray too far from San Francisco or plan any big trip, but some nice time outdoors in the early fall was exactly what Dom needed to feel ready for this season. Especially because passing apparently isn't a thing or whatever, idk he's just going to do his thing. He stuck to his diet for the most part and probably skated a little/made sure he was in town for any team practices that might have still been happening, but yeah, he did all that other stuff otherwise. Fun times.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

The S51 Simulation Hockey League has finally gotten underway after a tumultuous period of uncertainty after the Hamilton Steelhawks constructed what was eventually deemed to be an illegal roster. During this 'lockout' phase, the league did not completely shut down, as some events, such as the awards show, continued as planned. Andreas Kvalheim was fortunate enough to be nominated for the Dar Trophy and he enjoyed his free trip to Vegas to attend the annual awards gala. Having just signed a big new contract in the offseason, Kvalheim had lots of cash on hand, and enjoyed himself at the poker table. Apparently Vegas gamblers are much better poker players than Kvalheim's Renegades teammates, as he found himself losing stacks and stacks of chips. Things went better for Kvalheim during the awards show though, as he walked away with his first ever Dar Trophy, an award he had aspired to win ever since he was a young boy.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

When Toner was in his earlier years in the league, he probably would have stuck around in LA and continued to skate and workout every day while waiting for the lockout to end. But now, further into his career with an aging body, the rest was much welcomed. He took the time to make a trip down to San Diego with a couple of friends, he didn't want to go too far in case it was suddenly announced that the lockout was over and the season would begin. Although he wasn't on the ice, he did make sure to continue working out every day in order to stay prepared for an eventual season start. But during his time in San Diego he enjoyed some nice boating and fishing, checked out some of the local restaurants and made a day trip to the famous San Diego zoo. His favorite exhibit there was the panthers, of course.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

This offseason there has been a lockout in both the SHL and the SMJHL. So far in the offseason, Daniel Bischoff has been very busy as he has been off playing in the IIHF World Championships for Switzerland where they unfortunately did not receive a medal. However, he has also been selected yet again to play for Team Alpine, the successor of DACH, at the World Junior Championships that are being held in Finland. These seem to be so late into the offseason that Daniel Bischoff hasn't even noticed the lack of games due to the lockout. In fact, the SMJHL games have now started and so he is having to fly between various American and Canadian cities and Finland in order to play for Team Alpine and the Anchorage Armada. He seems to be good at it though and so do his teammates considering that two of the three top scorers in the SMJHL season so far are both Swiss. So yes, Daniel Bischoff hasn't even had time to stop and worry about the lockout.

Peter larson kinda saw the whole lock out in slowmo coming straight towards the league.

He is close to Sid Renfrew on the awards committee, so he knew how much impact advance stats were starting to have. His former team world manager and second cousin is the assistant coach for the rage, so he knew there was something higher performance going on with the Hamilton coaching. And then he knew from the anchorage LR that there were some interesting requests being made, no details but hints at a larger plan for sure.

So when the news hit that the entire Hamilton team had undergone severe reprogramming to change their game up, Peter knew this would cause a stir. At which point he called up some buddies and did the only thing sensible to do, as a millionaire with down time, went to the beach. But not just any beach. Rarotonga, coral sand crystal water, island time. Plenty of time to enjoy a relax and check out from the league untill his agent or coach tracked him down.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

The offseason involved a lot of lazy days on the beach. Days of swimming beach volleyball and surfing dragged in and while it was fun at first it quickly became a repetitive experience. I was bored out of my mind. Soon it was more interesting to head to the beach but lie down on a towel in the burning sun and read a book. There were a lot of horror and mystery novels that I had been meaning to read so I brought those. And of course I brought some ice cold beers to enjoy as I relaxed and some picnic lunches, mainly sandwiches and chips. That helped to survive the lockout but it still got annoying and I hoped it would end as quickly as possible. I missed the SHL a lot, after all nothing compares to hockey. I found out I would sure rather hit the ice than the water and I am pumped for the new season.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Every season seems to get tougher and tougher for Artemi Berezin, he has now been in the league for 12 seasons and the grind of the SHL is finally starting to show even though he is still producing with the up and coming Chiefs.

Last season Berezin was still able to put up some respectful numbers with 35 points in 50 games, but this season he looks to take a step back because of up and coming players, so this off-season and the delayed start to the season were a blessing for Berezin.

Berezin worked very hard in the off-season in the states and skipped going home to visit family which he usually did because he realized how quickly the next season comes and how much he needs to keep his skill up to compete at this level, but with the delay happening Berezin found time to head home and spend some quality time at home with family and really get a full reset on the upcoming season, so we expect some good things from him.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

EVO: I just want this to be stated that i did not join the SHL just to experience a taste of the 2004 NHL lockout. As for what I did during the delay, well I kept myself sharp in the UK in my old stomping grounds of Bracknell. There I met up with an old friend of mine, the now retired Savoli Tankovic @ItssYoBoiDaLegend. Here in Bracknell, we had a good conversation regarding being called up from the J, what might be going on with the SHL HO and how the Franciszeks are going. After that quick catch up, I headed over to the British Isles WJC training camp It was very good to meet up with Wolfe, Doyle, Bobcalf, Halkias and Sarantez. I even got to see Doyle duke it out again one of the new boys, Luca Del Vecchio. The rest of my free time was spent just keeping in shape and travelling to as many fighting game tournaments that I can reasonably afford.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Alex just used that time to go back to his home country of Germany and visit some extended family as well as get some personal training from his older brother Eduard in some departments of his hockey game. Even tho some say Alex has more talent than Eduard the on ice performance so far paints a different picture so far. Alex also took his time to make a few trips to the nightlife and Germany and there have been rumors going around that one night Alex was absolutely hammered and embarrassed himself quite a bit. Apparently there was vomiting and a torn jeans involved as well as him needing an IV to get going the day after.

Alex also spent a bit of his time purchasing a hockey game which highlights the managerial side of the game called Franchise Hockey Manager. He spent some ours on there as well to create a league which really closely resembles the SHL.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Jonas Larsen took his time during the lockout to explore the beautiful city of San Francisco. He sampled some of the local fare and explored the nooks and crannies of the city he had been too busy to previously during the hockey season. Jonas even took the boat over to Alcatraz prison and toured the facility. While there he met the ghost of Al Capone, who gave him some tips on how to commit tax fraud and insider trading. Jonas would use this information to grow his wealth immensely and become a billionaire. When Jonas himself would eventually be sentenced to ten years behind bars he would credit Al Capone's ghost and be labeled insane, allowing him to serve less prison time. Chad Johnson, however, would use the lockout to travel to the French Alps and thwart a terrorist plot the likes of which the world has never seen. This can be read all about soon in the upcoming SHL media - Chad Johnson 2 - Chad Harder

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

The stingray that Killed steve irwin was working hard during this super long delay, thanks to Coach Wilson. The stingray that killed Steve irwin is always ripping pucks into the net practicing his hard shot haha yeah man. He was also eating some big turkeys with his big family, yum yum yum I love turkey espicially with gravy wowie that stuff really hits home. Of course he loves taking a dip into the big ocean this delay. Hit a couple waves doing some flips and shit kinda bonkers how talented The stingray that Killed steve irwin is, what cant this man do? Nothing he cant do nothing, thats right, hes the perfect man. However he is really excited that the delay is coming to an end since he loves playing hockey! The stingray that Killed steve irwin is always working on his craft, and im not talking about hockey, im talking about baking! he loves to bake for all his friends!

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

With the knowledge that the offseason was going to be taking a bit longer than expected, DeMaricus Smyth and many of the other past, present, and future Czech sensations, such as Brady McIntyre, Slappy McDoodle, Marian Potoczny. This inaugural season saw the Moravia Eagles shock and surprise all of Czechia as they upset the regular season champs, the Bohemia Lions, in the Semi-Finals. The Eagles went on to upset the Kladno Lynx in 7 en-route to winning the first ever DeMaricus Smyth Trophy. Dionyz "Dildo" Vyskoc, known for his stellar post-season performances, once again did it as he sealed the fate for Klando, burying 2 goals within 2:24 in the second to put the Eagles up 3 going into the last 20 minutes on the road. Goaltender Christoffer Bjornsson, was able to put up a brick wall for Moravia facing 369 shots and shutting down 93.8% of them.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

The lockout season was easy for Nathan Explosion. He got to make a short tour with Dethklok, touring across Canada, USA, and Italia. Spectators noticed Explosion's beer belly was gone, most likely due to how seriously he took his training for the upcoming hockey season. Explosion has been working a lot on his faceoffs as he will be assigned to drive the Pride's defensive line, playing at the centre position. He was also seen trying to hit on every girl but without much succes, it seems ladies are not like it was back in the 80's, so he will have to work out hard if he wants an amorous relationship to develop. Also, the lockout season, brought up by some forbidden passing technique, lit up some interest in the occult by Nathan Explosion. Rumors that everyone was living in a simulation, or conspiracy theories, were starting to arise. Explosion tries to understand the meaning of this by playing the blackest metal ever, to no succes. At least a new song was created, the title is Black Simulation times infinity. Should become an instant classic of the band.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The lockout was hard for LPLL. He had just got settled into his 3rd north american league and now he might have to look for another one already. With no dedicated minor league system, and his VHL eligibility already played out, he decided to take some drastic action.

Without his old Philly team to cheer for, LPLL decided to look to England for a hockey playing alternative. He found himself on the Belfast Giants, where he would play 20 games in the EIHL and accrue a ridiculous 191 penalty minutes. He helped lead the Giants to a first place finish in the league and an EIHL finals berth, but sadly they lost to the Cardiff Devils.

After getting wind that the league was nearing a CBA agreement, LPLL made his way back to St. Louis for training camp, since he was told by his GM that he would be sent down again. He met with fellow returning defensemen Tucker Centennial and Marian Elsner to work on getting acclimated back to the north american ice

When the lockout began Lil’ Manius was bummed to say the least. He was not viewing the lockout as positive for the league. To pass the time Manius had numerous ideas on how to pass the time until the season began. First Manius figures the he would train like a mad man and start the season totally jacked but the more he thought about it he realized intensive training might not be the best idea because if he got injured training he would be on the injured reserve list. He did not want to be that idiot that starts the season on injured list. He brief thought of doing nothing. As nice as that sounded he knew that would be a bad idea. Because he did want to be the guy who starts the regular season completely out of shape and is mocked by the fans, that would be calling him “Fat Manius”. So to pass the time Lil’ Manius just continued his offseason training.

Words ~ 165

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius