Create Account

S51 WFT #1 - Giving Thanks

@Waters You are a good pal. Haha love ya buddy.
@"ThatDamnMcJesus" I like you too haha :D
@nour love ya buddy and i am really thaknful for you.
@Gwdjohnson i am really thankful for you penis. Eat a big turkey for me big boy.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 07:45 PM by charlieconway.)

I'm thankful for my great teammates in Halifax and Winnipeg, both current and former. People like my boy my dude the legend @CementHands, @FinnRhys and @Rublic and @Steelhead77, and newer folks like @mxman991 and @sailingdrumstick. You guys have kept the locker rooms interesting even during off seasons.

I'm thankful for the great Raiders locker room alumni that helped me learn the game, including (but I'm sure I'm forgetting a few people) @Flareon, @Citizen of Adraa, @JR95, @BadWolf, @TheDangaZone, @slothfacekilla, @Kalakar, @ztevans and others.

I'm thankful for being able to brainstorm with @StadiumGambler and @ImASurvivor about the future of the Jets.

I'm thankful for all the people that do underappreciated work in the SHL, who maybe don't get the credit they deserve. In particular, updaters like @SDCore and @SecondSucks22, key feature runners like @ErM (PbP) and @StamkosFan (PGS) and @hhh81 (SMJHL Allstar Committee), and literally anyone that has ever worked in HO for either league.

I'm also thankful for the people that made the league so fun even when I was a rookie that had just joined and had no connections... especially the rookie mentor committee, people that went above and beyond in the S50 rookie LR to answer questions us newbies had. In particular, the aforementioned sloth and jax, as well as @Tomen, @WannabeFinn, @Pris, @Eggy216 and @DrunkenTeddy. It's a small thing but the message you get as a rookie when you first join the LR (or even create a player page for that matter) can really make you feel welcomed, so thanks for that.

And bonus shoutout to Anchorage for the pre-S50 draft discord server where a few key members helped a lot of us out with builds and advice. Never wound up being drafted by the Armada but I haven't forgotten about that, thanks @Acsolap, @artermis, and @Gwdjohnson especially.

And I'm thankful for the community and having a place where I can nerd out about fake hockey. It's been a joy joining this community, a lot of great posters and people. I count myself lucky to have stumbled upon that reddit recruitment thread this past July, and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would feel the same way if they get the chance to join as well.

Pretty sure I could name pretty much every member on the site (if I haven't already) so I'll stop here.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

12-01-2019, 06:35 PMTomasnz Wrote: Going to give thanks first off to @Acsolap  for bringing me into this game. Thanks dude. Loving it still.

Then to my first team mates as a rookie who got be addicted. @Weretarantula @BadWolf @Jenny @ej27 @Mac and then a bunch of IAs who I miss.. and also all my anchorage boat buddies.

The entire s46 draft class but especially my goalie buddies, only three and a half of us left I think... @chetib @Fluw @oddly_colored_beef also to @Carpy48 who is kinda an honorary s46er in the goalie discord, big thanks to everyone in there!

Then a big thanks to all my Manhatten mates, way to many to mention so I will just call out @JayWhy for building a great bunch and @Citizen of Adraa and @ImShiny for being my draft Day newbie buddies.

Also thankful for shl dad's @Wasty and @thiefofcheese

Been lovely to see all of these and read them. Very thankful for @hotdog
I remember when we were told you were joining and acsolap was like ya he won’t be to active... now your in HO! I’m so happy to see you stick around Smile

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

12-01-2019, 07:44 PMcharlieconway Wrote: I'm thankful for my great teammates in Halifax and Winnipeg, both current and former. People like my boy my dude the legend @CementHands, @FinnRhys and @Rublic and @Steelhead77, and newer folks like @mxman991 and @sailingdrumstick. You guys have kept the locker rooms interesting even during off seasons.

I'm thankful for the great Raiders locker room alumni that helped me learn the game, including (but I'm sure I'm forgetting a few people) @Flareon, @Citizen of Adraa, @JR95, @BadWolf, @TheDangaZone, @slothfacekilla, @Kalakar, @ztevans and others.

I'm thankful for being able to brainstorm with @StadiumGambler and @ImASurvivor about the future of the Jets.

I'm thankful for all the people that do underappreciated work in the SHL, who maybe don't get the credit they deserve. In particular, updaters like @SDCore and @SecondSucks22, key feature runners like @ErM (PbP) and @StamkosFan (PGS) and @hhh81 (SMJHL Allstar Committee), and literally anyone that has ever worked in HO for either league.

I'm also thankful for the people that made the league so fun even when I was a rookie that had just joined and had no connections... especially the rookie mentor committee, people that went above and beyond in the S50 rookie LR to answer questions us newbies had. In particular, the aforementioned sloth and jax, as well as @Tomen, @WannabeFinn, @Pris, @Eggy216 and @DrunkenTeddy. It's a small thing but the message you get as a rookie when you first join the LR (or even create a player page for that matter) can really make you feel welcomed, so thanks for that.

And bonus shoutout to Anchorage for the pre-S50 draft discord server where a few key members helped a lot of us out with builds and advice. Never wound up being drafted by the Armada but I haven't forgotten about that, thanks @Acsolap, @artermis, and @Gwdjohnson especially.

And I'm thankful for the community and having a place where I can nerd out about fake hockey. It's been a joy joining this community, a lot of great posters and people. I count myself lucky to have stumbled upon that reddit recruitment thread this past July, and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would feel the same way if they get the chance to join as well.

Pretty sure I could name pretty much every member on the site (if I haven't already) so I'll stop here.
Keep it up Charlie! Love your company.

12-01-2019, 07:25 PMAcsolap Wrote: I mostly keep to myself so I am thankful for the two locker rooms that have made the shl like a second home to me.

Anchorage: @ml002@artermis@Boomcheck@Tomen@Sleepy@Tomasnz@Weretarantula@Jenny@Toivo@Jepox@Gwdjohnson@frithjofr@DaftRaincloud@Ferda@golden_apricot@"toirekari"@JayWhy@hotdog@BadWolf@spooked@"BoucherFan12"@Fordyford@mdubz@rangersbruinslightning@dylanjj37

West Kendall:
@JR95@.bojo@twils@Rabidsponge21@Zoone16@Thelastheraclid@Wongy@Glyc
Anchorage will always be my first love ?

I am thankful for the whole update teams. My colleagues in the team are doing a formidable job, they update a lot more than I and I admire that, I know how tiring it can be but these guys are machine : @bk1689 @esilverm @Tomen @Flareon @Nerio @SpartanGibbles @Esso2264 @SecondSucks22 @SDCore @BadWolf KC Phillip @bbjygm @TnlAstatine @Mika_Kandinsky @Zombiewolf and everyone else I missed.

Also HUGE shootout to @ml002 and @Blastmeaway thanks to whom the Updating departement is in good hands. Never heard them complain about hteir work, they do everything so the machine works softly and beyond. The updating sheet, the audit trackers, everything was created by a dedicated team of individuals and hard work goes a long way.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I am thankful to be part of some great locker rooms in this league. I joined SHL not knowing what to expect and landed with the Anaheim Outlaws. Everyone in the team has been si friendly, helpful, and welcoming. I really feel at home with this team. And now I'm also part of the San Francisco Pride, which seems to be another locker room full of fantastic people. The connections I've made have really made my SHL experience wonderful so far.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

12-01-2019, 08:03 PMmicool132 Wrote: I am thankful for the whole update teams. My colleagues in the team are doing a formidable job, they update a lot more than I and I admire that, I know how tiring it can be but these guys are machine : @bk1689 @esilverm @Tomen @Flareon @Nerio @SpartanGibbles @Esso2264 @SecondSucks22 @SDCore @BadWolf KC Phillip @bbjygm @TnlAstatine @Mika_Kandinsky @Zombiewolf and everyone else I missed.

Also HUGE shootout to @ml002 and @Blastmeaway  thanks to whom the Updating departement is in good hands. Never heard them complain about hteir work, they do everything so the machine works softly and beyond. The updating sheet, the audit trackers, everything was created by a dedicated team of individuals and hard work goes a long way.
The updating team really is amazing. Blast and ml are killing it!

I am thankful for the friends I made in Halifax and Calgary. They helped my SHL experience be much better. Some of them even helped me in real life, whether just with advice or with giving me a friend to play chel with

I really want to be greateful to everyone i know on this forum, but i just really don't have the time to find everyone i know here. So i'll just be grateful broadly.

I'm grateful for my S36 Raiders, My friends in the wolfpack and the blizzards. I'm grateful to have spent 5 seasons in NOLA. I'm also grateful to St. Louis and Buffalo and im looking forward to what we can do together. I'm grateful for Ireland to have welcomed me and that we can keep growing together. I'm grateful for the simmers, the head office and the GMs, i miss my time with you all sometime.

I'm grateful for my PBE, NSFL, GOMHL, VHL and many other sim leagues. We might have lost touch, but y'all still in my heart.

Finally, i am thankful for @ztevans, @Pris, @TheDangaZone, @BadWolf, @JKortesi81, @storm, @Zoone16, @enigmatic and even you @maxcrazy. I got the change to meet you all at some point in real life and those will forever be memories i'll cherish.

Peace Out World!
Evok

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

12-01-2019, 08:17 PMEvok Wrote: I really want to be greateful to everyone i know on this forum, but i just really don't have the time to find everyone i know here. So i'll just be grateful broadly.

I'm grateful for my S36 Raiders, My friends in the wolfpack and the blizzards. I'm grateful to have spent 5 seasons in NOLA. I'm also grateful to St. Louis and Buffalo and im looking forward to what we can do together. I'm grateful for Ireland to have welcomed me and that we can keep growing together. I'm grateful for the simmers, the head office and the GMs, i miss my time with you all sometime.

I'm grateful for my PBE, NSFL, GOMHL, VHL and many other sim leagues. We might have lost touch, but y'all still in my heart.

Finally, i am thankful for @ztevans, @Pris, @TheDangaZone, @BadWolf, @JKortesi81, @storm, @Zoone16, @enigmatic and even you @maxcrazy. I got the change to meet you all at some point in real life and those will forever be memories i'll cherish.

Peace Out World!
Evok
I love you baevok <3

I love EVERYONE on this site. Yes, that means you! I love everyone here for making this site such a special place for me and for allowing me to spread my joy everywhere I can.
I can't @ everyone that I want to @ specifically so I'm sorry to all my boat buds, my water dog chompers, and everyone else :3

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Far too many people over the past 5+ years to be thankful for, I couldn't possibly tag everyone and write a blurb about them. I'm thankful to the S20 group in Kelowna that got me first started here, thankful to everyone who has been a part of Detroit since I came back to the league in S23. Thankful for the people who made LAP so special for the 14 seasons that I was there, it was a really special locker room that helped keep me active and happy in the league even when we didn't have the best sim results. I'm thankful for having the opportunities to lead Buffalo, Detroit, and Finland. Coming to Buffalo as an outsider to be the GM is the best thing I've ever done on this site and I can't imagine how the last 2+ years would have gone if it weren't for the Buffalo locker room and everyone that I've had to pleasure of bringing in to the team.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

s/o to my cudas @Jenny @sköldpaddor @ztevans @Kalakar @Rankle @JSS @Jepox @"BoucherFan12" and many others for keeping me sane on this hellhole of a site and taking me in like one of your own, y'all the real ones and I'm looking forward to winning a cup with y'all

s/o to russia @Slowpoke @Mika_Kandinsky @Sleepy @wumaduce @Wally @RaginCajun @JaytheGreat @TheHockeyist @thiefofcheese and all the babies, y'all are always the reason I stick around no matter what, y'all are my family 

s/o to my Manhattan boys even though I literally don't play for y'all @JayWhy @"luketd" @Inf1d3l @39alaska39 @Citizen of Adraa @Esso2264 and a ton of you whose on-site usernames I don't know but talking to y'all is always such a blessing thank you for loving me like a member of the team even though SOMEONE wouldn't trade for me when I went on the market lmfao

s/o to my boys down in Colorado, I miss y'all especially @hhh81 (I mentioned most of the rest elsewhere up here) hopefully at some point I can feel alright to come back to Colorado y'all are a good group I'm so proud of how far y'all have come

s/o to my rookie mentors I know I'm a shit boss but y'all are fabulous and lovely and I love y'all dearly y'all keep this place spinning @Tomen @SecondSucks22 @Segi @WannabeFinn @DrunkenTeddy @slothfacekilla

s/o to my man @adamantium for putting up with me for life even though I'm an ass, you're the best

and tbh s/o to toronto (@ml002) for picking me up with old volks and giving me a place to retire where I felt loved and happy in my swan song season with her stupid ass, y'all were great and I'm glad to still be in your LR 

if i forgot you and you expected to see your name in here ya i probably love you too, i just woke up and i'm sleepy as fuck so hpns

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

i am thankful for everyone on the texas renegades for being great friends and a great place to be

thankful for dan for not trading me even though ive been inactive for like a year rendering vlad konstantin a complete disappointment

not thankful for byrde for telling me to try fighting oggdo bogdo when i had just started the game (just kidding)

thankful for tylar for always being a breath of fresh air in the discord

thankful for the draft class of s69 even though i haven't met you guys yet (it'll be a fun time for all of us!!)

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho