Create Account

S51 PT #5 - In The Kitchen

Mika is the master of meats and pasta in the kitchen. Before each game he's having some protein and pasta to help him have enough energy to play at the highest level possible. He'll make a steak at home that puts high end steak houses to shame. He enjoys cooking for himself and does it before every game day, but he also likes to cook for fun on his off days. He'll slow cook a pork shoulder or make an involved stir fry from time to time. He takes inspiration from a few cook books lying around and he likes to flip to a random page and then take on the challenge of making whatever he lands on. While his meats and pastas are top notch, don't expect to get any baked goods out of him. He doesn't do baking or desserts and just doesn't have the knack for it. He tries to stay on the healthy side if he can anyways, so there is not to much room for sweets in his diet anyway.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

I consider myself an average cook, I have the amazing ability to read and follow instructions found on most frozen meals. I do have the ability to cook one type of food very well. Every Fathers/Mothers Day, me and my brother would wake up early and make breakfast in bed for my parents. My brother would make the bacon and toast, and I would make my specialty: Omelettes! According to anyone who has ever tried one, I make the best Omelettes they've ever tasted. I believe I have the ability to make a lot of meals, but I choose to make the ones I have no problems with. I've only ever had one accident in the kitchen. One time I was making a roast beef dinner, I was taking it out to check on it. I was putting it back in, when my hand touched the burner on the top of the oven, I still have the scar on the back of my left hand.

I have few go-to dishes that have so far served me well. Pretty simple stuff though, basically just quick homemade cooking like pasta and meat or chicken and some kind of salad next to it. I cant make sauces, so I just buy something from a nearby supermarket, for example, tomato sauce is something I usually always add into the pasta/meat combo. I can eat a couple of days out of one batch, so if we are home in New England for couple of days I might cook some pasta and meat, which will keep me going for couple of days. Easy, fast tastes nice and saves money - what is there not to like?!

That is it really, cant cook anything too complicated even if I´m quite happy to spend time in the kitchen, you could just follow the recipes, but I´m too lazy to even try the fancy stuff, I stick to my pasta and chicken dishes.

I was thinking about trying to bake my own bread, but the few times I tried the result was not as good as I hoped, but that is one thing I would like to learn - fresh homemade bread right out of the oven = good stuff.

NSFL AFFILIATE

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

If we are using Guy Fieri as the metric for the world’s greatest Chef then Tor Tuck is a top tier candidate around the league. Not that Guy Fieri is not a decent dude, but in terms of culinary skill there are many that would blow him and his food out of the water. Tor Tuck often keeps thing simple with meat and vegetables but on the appropriate occasion Tor Tuck will whip up something special. His most famous dish is grilled tilapia with a secret seasoning of his own design that has been a huge favorite of just about everyone that has tried it. He also gets regular requests for his homemade croutons that can work with just about any salad they have been placed in. Of course, Tor’s true talent lies in the drink mixing that he has honed over his time as a professional athletes mixing up cocktails and recommending fine wines, depending on the occasion.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Prince Devitt only knows how to cook Irish delicacies when he's in the kitchen through out the season. Of course he once in a while he would have @Steelhead77 's Chicken Parm but that secret recipe is only exclusive to DBC members and the Calgary Dragons Organization. But back to the Irish delicacies, through out the SHL Season Prince Devitt cooks the following meals. When it comes to breakfast he has some Irish Belgian Waffles without the powdered flakes cause of the excess sugar that it brings to the dish. But it contains regular waffles, some kiwis, Canadian Maple Syrup and some whipped cream on top. For Lunch he has some Irish Stew which has Lamb Broth and Lamb pieces in the stew and it also contains potatoes, onions and parsley. And for his final meal of the day it's some Coddle that originates from Dublin and it's usually made from leftovers from the Irish Stew that Devitt sets aside, each day that he has the Irish Stew.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Markus has never been the most prolific cook, but he can hold his own in the kitchen. He's had a lot of help from his grandmother (may she rest in peace), his aunts and mother when he was growing up - instead of running around in the kitchen, like all younger boys would do, they sat him down and tasked him with simple things to help. He would be the one in charge of making the meatballs one day, and cutting the bread for the fondue the other. He developed a knack for efficient planning for his meals, and it has really helped him when he started living alone in Lethbridge. Coming into the SMJHL and SHL, he was given a list of meals to prep by the teams' dietitians, and he's been mostly able to keep up. The meals were fairly simple, thankfully - who wouldn't be able to make pasta, or pork chops? Still, there are times where he longs the olden days of family gatherings, when several people were coming together to make a huge meal. Maybe he'll get his teammates to do that before the SMJHL playoffs..? That would be a great team bonding activity!

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Olivier is actually a pretty good chef - he has a lot of practice from living with Leo Lockhart in juniors, and his grandma is always sending him new recipes to try, which she will absolutely get on his case about not doing if he doesn't send pictures as soon as possible. Some of his kitchen staples include the classic chicken and pasta, served with various sauces depending on his mood; a lamb dish that he always goes for when he's feeling homesick for Nain; and coq au vin when he wants to be semi-fancy. Olivier has a bit of a big head about his ability to cook, mostly because his boyfriend can't cook at all and gets excited if Olivier makes him a grilled cheese. However, despite his cooking skills, he's not as good at baking, which is endlessly frustrating to him. He can stress bake some muffins, but that's about his limit. He once tried to make souffle and nearly burned his and Gunnar's apartment building down.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Bo Kane hasn't quite nailed down the diet aspect of his life. While he does cook healthy meals throughout the week he is also very prone to caving in and eating out. Some meals he regularly cooks throughout the week are simple such as lean ground chicken mixed with some vegetables and seasoned with some garlic powder, chicken breast seasoned with paprika, stuffed with cream cheese and spinach with either asparagus or green beans, or the classic chicken and rice with some hot sauce. Being a hockey player involves a very busy schedule and sometimes it's just such a hassle to be able to prepare meals like this, especially on the road. That is where Kane's diet tends to fall apart. He's a huge Wendy's fan and loves the spicy chicken burger combo large sized. He also will either grab a son of a baconator or some chicken strips on the side with it. Some other restaurants he enjoys are Five Guys, Montana's, The Keg, Subway, and McDonald's from time to time. This is definitely an aspect in his lifestyle that might need some improvement to take his game to the next level.

Falcons Canada

I think I’m actually a pretty decent cook. I love making everything from pasta to pastries to curry and I’ve really impressed some teammates at dinner parties. I watched some Hell’s Kitchen and that got me to look up recipes and try to hone my craft. At first of course it didn’t go great but I got the hang of it with practice. The right touch of seasoning is all you need to make a masterpiece and it’s something that impresses people, so I would definitely recommend learning it. I invest a lot of time in making meals sometimes but the end result is better than just eating out it’s so worth it. I can keep it simple when I’m short on time but that’s definitely not the limit to my skills, I consider myself quite a good chef, better than most people and certainly most of my teammates. My holiday meals went great this year so it certainly pays off around thanksgiving and Christmas!

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Today on Nicolaj Cooks we will be making the favorite...

Noodle Weenie Dogs.

[Image: 6c6167efd73dd9082efdd1d54c522ec8.jpg]
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: noodle_weenies.jpg]

Yes that is right, Noodle Weenie Dogs. The favorite. So prep is easy, buy your favorite pack of pasta noodles. Spaghetti for those who are cultured enough to read Italian. Then you buy your weenies. Pick up your favorite pack of Kosher dogs since we are catering to everybody and keeping kosher is important for some. We are inclusive in this household. Next you get a pot of water and dump so much salt in there that you physically cringe when you attempt to taste it. If you don't have any reaction it ain't salty enough. Mark my words. Next cut the hot dogs into fifths. We gotta feed a family here we ain't putting them in full. Keep things interesting, ya hear me? Aight so now we take the rock hard dry spaghett and stab it through the hot dogs. When we have several of these bad boys done, put them into the water for 7-8 minutes until they got that mmph or basically whatever the box says for al dente which is an italian word but i don't expect you to know that. Next we takee them out and serve. Use whatever you want to top it and bon ape tit we are done.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Anthony Archer's favorite meal is dinosaur nuggets with ranch and a side of a mac n' cheese. But he's not actually too bad of a cook. Usually in the morning he'll throw on some sausage before he gets his day going. He eats very high in protein. Lunches usually consist of a turkey sandwich or leftovers from the night before. For dinner he'll generally grill some chicken, but these are just his routine meals. When he's looking to cook something up for the night he'll do all kinds of things ranging from salmon to pulled pork to steak or just any kind of seafood in general really. One of his favorite treats is either king crab or lobster rolls. He'll usually pass on dessert per diet standards, but every now and then when he's having a craving he'll sneak in an oreo or a poptart, maybe make a batch of cinnamon rolls.

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]

[Image: 75M0QLq.png]

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Gabe Johnson is notoriously not a great chef by any stretch of the imagination. He once wanted to make some grilled cheese sandwiches along with the rookies, and raised a lot of eyebrows when he turned the stovetop element to maximum temperature before throwing the sandwich on, where it was, to the shock of no one, seared instantly and burned beyond being edible. There was another incident where Johnson misread temperature listed in Celsius as in Farenheight when making fish, and sure enough gave himself awful food poisoning by eating the fish even though it didn't taste quite right. Despite learning a lot about properly preparing food since those times, the damage was done to Johnson's reputation, and no one around the Steelhawks really trusts him anymore when it comes to the food side of things. After all, why should they trust him when they have Jax Duggan, who would be a professional chef if he wasn't a hockey player, there to make meals already.

(168 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

While Atlas rush is known more for his abilities to create a delicious liquid diet he has actually been dabbling in the food world more and more recently. He is actually working out one of his New Years Resolutions to spend more time in the kitchen. He is putting together 40 different recipes and will spread them out over the year but must make on of these recipes once a week for a full year. He only selected 40 just in case he found a recipe he really like and wanted to make again. So he is leaving 12 weeks up in the air for those recipes. His first goal is to learn from the master himself and learn how to make the PERFECT chicken Parm from @Steelhead77 . Once he has mastered that he will obvious create a cocktail to pair with it. He will obviously attempt to make holiday themed dishes once they roll around but his main focus is to be more comfortable with cooking on a regular basis. He also hopes this will enhance his cocktail game as well!

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates