Create Account

NYE SHL UPDATE
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 08:22 PM by SDCore.)

So, I was told I needed to post this and because there is 0 chance I do this tomorrow here goes....

With S51 coming to a close and the league going into the off season soon, I was asked to update everyone on what was going on. S52 will be simmed on STHS. We are keeping with the same version, same everything for the next season. We know there are issues with this, but every change we have looked to make haven't helped with out current update scale, builds, maxes, and the like. We aren't looking at changing all of those things with the potential of moving over to a new sim engine for S53.

Regarding a new sim engine. We are currently exploring the option of moving SHL over to Franchise Hockey Manager, this is a game developed by Out Of The Park Developments, our affiliate PBE use their baseball sim to some really great results. There are some limitations to this however as they have a different game dev teams. Included in these challenges are, index, updating players, build, update scales, and a few other minor issues we have found.

There have been some great members working on building a game file and index for us. This is being made from the ground up and is taking some time, this is why we didn't even entertain the idea of switching for this season. The index is being made for us, with specifications that we want and need for SHL to run. Drunken Teddy and Slash have been working on getting all SHL teams into the game, with player likeness, stats, team pages, logos, and colors. This is almost complete.

[Image: unknown.png]

Here is an image of what Chicago looks like in FHM, we have pictures of many teams.

[Image: unknown.png]

Here you see the league as a whole.

The next big step with this once we have all team input and ready in the sim engine is to run a multitude of tests. We are going to do this by adjusting an update scale and trying to push the limits of what should be possible. This will give us a better idea and indication of how the game will look and feel for SHL players. Once we do this we will work on an update scale with the PPT team to see how we can adjust what we do to work for FHM.

The next biggest thing we need to get over is how updates and updates will be put into the sim. There is an option to export player builds in FHM, but there is not to upload them quickly like we do in STHS. This will change both how we update and how we sim. Small things like line changes and strategy changes are going to be become a bit more complicated then in STHS. This is both a good thing, you have a very HUGE variety of what can be done, including an in game manager that will allow you to prioritize players. Unlike in STHS, your best players will play at the biggest moments. FHM also allows you to have a depth chart at every position and line. So you can make sure if your 2nd line PP center is out or tired, the sim chooses the next best player to do that, not just someone it randomly feels like.

The downside is that it will be a little more critical for those inputting into the sim to make sure all things are done correctly. If you are a part of the PBE you know how deep of a mechanics system it can be. There are some sheets and work arounds for this, which we will provide to all GMs and I believe have already been posted somewhere on the site by Cal or Teddy.

What...else... what... else... I guess ask me any questions you have, as I am blanking now. I might not answer today or tomorrow, being as it's NYE and tomorrow is NYD, but I will get to them if I can, if not definitely on the 2nd.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

but then we need new builds for any player or not?

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

12-31-2019, 08:23 PMChris-McZehrl Wrote: but then we need new builds for any player or not?

Most likely yes, we would have to rebuild players. This is one of the big undecided factors.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

12-31-2019, 08:25 PMSDCore Wrote:
12-31-2019, 08:23 PMChris-McZehrl Wrote: but then we need new builds for any player or not?

Most likely yes, we would have to rebuild players. This is one of the big undecided factors.

but then you would need our view of the player builds we would like! all other options wouldnt make sense or not? maybe in the way of PMs? so no one can copy the other ones? then we have more different builds!?

just an idea Smile

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

12-31-2019, 08:25 PMSDCore Wrote:

I think that’s okay though. It lets you build a player the way you want them to be. This solves the issues of everyone being the same.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Thank you for the update!

Out of interest, when all the players get converted to FHM statistics- would everyone be able to freely completely change their numbers, or would there be some sort of attempted restrictions on where your stuff can go?- for example, making it so that at least a certain percentage of your existing TPE assigned to passing can only be sent over to skills related to passing?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Thanks Corey you're the best

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Thank you for the update.

The thing I really like about FHM is the different roles that are available when building a player. A lot of people complain about a same-ness in SHL buillds. I encourage everyone to go look at all the different player types in FHM 6 and consider how much more dynamic that makes the league.

Also unlike Simon T takeaways, turnover, etc are tracked and with the attributes available a defensive build will actually be fun and viable for people who want that.

Longterm I am very excited for what FHM could bring to the SHL and this could breathe new life into the league.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

This is good stuff @SDCore Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Thank you for the update Corey

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Good shit Corey! <3

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Worth adding that FHM 6 is half price on steam for just over 24 hours, if anyone is interested in picking it up and getting to grips now would be a good time to do it

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

01-01-2020, 01:46 PMdankoa Wrote: Worth adding that FHM 6 is half price on steam for just over 24 hours, if anyone is interested in picking it up and getting to grips now would be a good time to do it

I got it for myself! thank to @Segi

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

In Corey i trust

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History