Create Account

S51 PT #5 - In The Kitchen

I love baking. Working with dough as a base can allow you to go in a million directions. I particularly like making appy-style dishes and breads that are an easy crowd pleaser. One thing I like to do is make garlic knots. First I like to shape my dough, and then add lots of garlic butter that will then be baked on. I really want to get that garlic butter in there, so I'm passing 40 times over that son of a bitch with a basting brush. It's also important to use a fork to score your knots to add some design and texture, plus extra surface area for those dips! I'm scoring 99 times per knot, at least. The last ingredient is a dash of salt, which luckily can be found just about anywhere around these parts. Bake until golden brown and serve, preferably with some nice marinara. Enjoy!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

I enjoy cooking in my downtime. It's important to eat the right food but sometimes it's okay to go all out. I made Boston Creme Pie Pancakes the other day and they were pretty good. Took quite a while to get everything together and to actually make them took quite a bit of prep. But it was worth it.

Costco makes these this called chicken bakes. It's chicken, bacon, Caesar, cheese, and a bunch of other stuff rolled in dough. Again, very unhealthy but tasty.

I'll go on the food Subreddit from time to time and just for me something that looks good. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can spend a bit too much money on good ingredients but you can't skimp on certain things.

Other times I'm a bit lazy and I'll just make a breakfast sandwich or a grilled cheese. But even then I don't go cheap. Gotta have good stuff.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Thomason really likes to cook at home and on the road. One of the main meals that Thomason loves to make is from nice steak with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob during the summer. He goes out to the grill and likes to plop down a nice steak on the grill, getting it to a medium rare steak, a long with grilling corn on the grill. In the house I whipped up my mashed potatoes. I Bring a couple teammates over as well to enjoy the meal that I prepped for them. Another meal I like to cook on the road is more of a traditional pot roast, putting in some chicken breasts into a slow cooker. I also throw in regualr potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and thyme for that extra flavor. I also put brusselsprouts onto a pan with some olive oil and some black pepper and cook them to be tasty as well. Those are 2 meals that I cook

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Maxime is a gourmet chef at night. All he does is cook up the most extravagant meals that he possibly can. I have no idea whether they taste any good, but he puts in a lot of effort to make sure he on top of the presentation game. Just the other day he went out and dropped $2500 on a teaspoon. A TEASPOON. Honestly I have no idea what you could possibly put into a teaspoon to make it $2500 but Tiffany's will get ya that's for sure. Anyway that night he used said teaspoon to pour the gravy over the roast beef he had freshly taken out of the microwave. People say that you should use an oven for a 3 kilogram roast but they don't realize the microwave literally says oven on it! One day they'll figure it out. Anyway Maxime didn't defrost it first so the center was cold and he ended up getting McDonalds instead.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Alex Selich's cooking skill level is the kind of one of a typical guy in their mid twenties that is living by himself. He is capable of doing some fairly basic dishes like his favorite foods which don't require too much skills but also a select few dishes that are a tiny bit more complex. Alex is the kind of cook that tries to follow the recipe at all costs if possible but a few times here and there he strayed away from the path with mixed results. His favorite things to "cook" are Tiramisu as well as cooking some decent sunny side up eggs or starting up a grill and do a typical Russian barbecue and add some nice steaks on top of that. His worst result was once upon a time he forgot about about some cookies in the oven which resulted in a bit of a burned smell filling his apartment and ruining the cookies.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Conor Tanner is notorious for only eating takeout, whether that be fast food or restaurant takeout whether that be somewhere like McDonald’s or Wendy’s and his training has suffered as a result of it. Sadly he was neglected by a father who was constantly on the ice and on the road because of it, whether he was in Prince George, Vancouver, St. Louis while in the juniors league, or in Winnipeg, Florida, Seattle or Los Angeles while he was with Edmonton, he was an absentee father who never taught Conor the life essentials such as cooking, and as a result Conor struggles creating even the most simplistic of dishes. His kraft dinner macaroni and cheese always has limp mush noodles because he never understood the difference between high and medium on the cook top. His peanut butter and jam sandwiches get made with only crust pieces because his father was never around to tel him those pieces suck.

All in all Tanner hopes to start a healthier diet once he reaches the major leagues as he will have enough money to start hiring a private chef.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Poopity Scoop is a great cook in the kitchen yeeaaaaaa baby. He be cooking pies in the kitchen. He also cooks many other things too because he is a good cook. Sometimes he will cook nice meals and sometimes quick meals and sometimes bakes desserts. He is very good at making the best egg sandwiches ever. If you have never tried one you must do that soon, they are nice and have special ingredients so not all can be revealed but there are vegetables, meats, cheese, and even well toasted bread. It's like a work of art and sometimes he will make them for the team when they have parties after games. They will go in the kitchen and eat poop egg sandwiches. He also can make many other things and loves to cook with meat and eat delicious fresh meat like goat. He also like fish like salmon and raw fish too but he leave that one for the sushi chefs. He once try to make sushi and it was falling apart but at least the taste was okay.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

My player has a very rough time cooking a meal of any kind. If he were rich like some SHL players he’d have hired a personal chef and staff to prepare all his meals, but unfortunately he’s dirt poor and is currently in debt so that’s not an option. What is an option, however, is anything that delivers through any sort of delivery app. Uber eats is a big one that he likes to use to order cheap fast food straight to his house without having to leave. Whenever he throws parties for Chicago, which is often, he normally does this and has tons and tons of Burger King or Wendy’s delivered and spread all over a table for his guests. While not glamorous, it avoids him having to cook anything as he doesn’t even know how to make ramen plus it’s cheap since he’s very poor right now. If any kind soul out there would like to donate to the Connolly Foundation, it would be much appreciated.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Tony Pepperoni may not be a master chef, but he's slowly learning to cook better and better food for himself. The main issue for Tony is he needs to eat healthy but he also refuses to eat at any restaurant that has a salad on the menu (for obvious reasons). Early in his career Tony ate out nearly every meal, Mostly sticking to hole in the wall restaurants the specialized in only one dish. Tony started off slowly with breakfast. He'd make eggs and other breakfast foods because they were pretty easy. Tony would grab lunch at the rink after morning skate and then order in some relatively healthy food for dinner (usually burrito bowls because there's vegetables and chicken and stuff, it can't be too bad, right?). This season he's started watching some cooking Youtube channels and experimenting with making dinner. It may not be great but the other day he had his family over for dinner and they didn't die, so it's going pretty well.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 08:06 PM by vbottas17.)

With the busy schedule that a SHL player is accustomed to, Thomas Bathory doesn't have a ton of time to prepare his meals. Luckily the Los Angeles Panthers have some of the best nutritionist in the entire league. Still, on the road, the players are not always afforded this luxury. Bathory had an instantpot but that didn't really work out so well. The insurance company was not too thrilled when Bathory blew up the kitchen of a hotel room in Calgary. Since "the instant incident" Bathory has been sticking to the basics. Thomas makes a mean home-made frozen pizza. He's capable of making many different combinations including Hawaiian, Pepperoni, and Supreme. Bathory is also known for Thomas' famous tater tots... Although he did overload them with chili and cheese to the point where he set an oven on fire in Manhattan. Perhaps his best dish in slow cooked bacon and lettuce sandwiches. Bathory doesn't believe in tomatos. Thomas uses a top secret setting of medium-low or 4 for those with a 1-10 stovetop. Perhaps the top gourmet chef in SHL history.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Mathias Seger is a decent cook. Definitely not on the level of a chef in a restaurant, but he can handle himself in the kitchen without burning it down. He has some recipes that he cooks regularly for family and friends. Some of which are old family recipes that he has already enjoyed as a kid visiting his grand parents. His favorite one of them is a pasta casserolle that consists of spaghetti, peas, ham and sausage which sounds weird at first, but is actually very tasty. It also often happens that he is just picking random things out of the fridge to combine them in a meal, since he hates throwing any food away and always tries to use everything in some way. Almost anything either goes well in a frying pan or a salad. In some cases even both works. This also ensures that there is always some variety when Mathias Seger cooks dinner.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Nicholas Owens is an ok chef. He can't make anything that will blow your mind, but won't make anything that will make you never want to have dinner at his place again. Unfortunately with how much hockey has consumed his life as of late, his skills in the kitchen probably won't get any much better. A lot of his recipes come from his family as his mom was the one who had taught him how to cook from a young age. Some personal favorites from those recipes include curry, miso soup, and takoyaki. 
Oddly enough however Nicholas is a pretty darn good baker. He use to bake cakes here and there when he was little to satisfy his siblings sweet tooths which got him pretty good at it. Sadly the desire for baked goods just isn't there with becoming a pro hockey player but every now and then Nicholas will go all out making some of the best pastries you will ever eat.

Otis B. Driftwood is not much of a chef. He can scramble some eggs or other basic kitchen maneuvers. He knows his way around a grill and doesn’t over cook his protein. Basically though, his skills are limited at best.

Where Otis shines is behind the bar. Otis B. Driftwood knows his booze. He worked as a bartender throughout his juniors career to make some extra dough, meet girls and mostly, to support his massive drinking habit. Early on, he showed a real knack for mixology. Before he was legal drinking age he was already shaking up some precision martinis and pushing the boundaries of cocktail creation. His artistry in the making of the “Dirty Russian” is still spoken of in hushed and respectful tones .

Otis B. Driftwood enjoys eating. Anyone with eyes can see this giant of a man puts away some serious calories. He is not all that interested in making said food himself. His passion lies in his stogies and especially in his liquor.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

LPLL is a very interesting person on the ice, and that behavior is reflected off of it. He is an expert with the grill, always seasoning up a storm and cooking to the perfect medium rare, his preferred way of grilling. He can make brats with ease, and any chicken he grills is the perfect tenderness.

However, LPLL has no idea how to use a stove. even the simplest things he has done often dont turn out right. He always loved the glorious kraft blue box mac n cheese, but he managed to burn it every time. He actually had to resort to get a chef just to make that for him. He also loves to have microwaved chicken nuggets, but doesnt know how to read, so he constantly puts the nuggets on for way too long and they end up burnt. Luckily for him, he enjoys them burnt, so he is ok with this development

Is Stan Hanson any good in the kitchen? IS HE ANY GOOD IN THE KITCHEN??? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT, HE IS!! At least when it comes to making doughnuts, anyways. But then again, would you really expect anything less for a man who dreams of one day having his empire of tasty doughnut shops? No, you would not. But if you want anything else from the kitchen, its hit or miss. Stan himself will tell you how it is with his culinary skills. "I can make a mean bowl of ramen noodles, cereal, or ice cream. I do pretty good with frozen pizza, or tv dinner. I can microwave the hell out of some popcorn, too. Or I can slap together a decent sandwich as long as you don't want nothing too fancy. Peanut butter and Jelly, Ham and Cheese, I got you covered. But if you want real, true, Hanson home cooking, then its time to make the doughnuts."

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread