Create Account

Alas, Minny.

[850 words. Ready to be graded]

So this probably does not qualify as a drama but if giving my two cents earns me a bit of media cash, why the fuck not? Most of you will not care.

First off the boring stuff to you guys.

Jon Forty-One personally does not give two shits. Shocking I know. He is only friends with Igor Volkov on the Minnesota Chiefs so me doing an interview with him would just make my scottish angry baby boi tell me to "fuck off I do not give a fuck." so indifference just means it does not matter. However the following will mess up my whole revenge thing but anyway.

Now for the real part. There is an actual huge difference between a few of you guys who are not in the Minnesota Chiefs and those who are. From an outside point of view we are just a heavily shit team with a few decent/great players but nowhere near the quality to compete. Well, you are 100% right. We could not even tank properly and I have heard we have a future draft in which we have once again not gotten a 1st round pick. Dunno if that is true and I do not really care to fact check but would it shock you?

Inside the Chiefs is a fun locker room. Leppy, to me, is a really nice guy and I have zero issues with him. Dylan is...Dylan (But I love you <3) and I like the active players.

I should just also mention somewhere (It'll make my point and honestly I want more cash) I have been a proud Colorado Yeti player since getting drafted in the National Simulation Football League and they had been dreadful for waaaay longer than I got there. But since me and a few others joined we have always made Play-offs and we are starting to hit our primes.

I bring this up to show, I love rebuilding teams. But the Yeti had hope. We had a system in place that made us know what we needed and whilst we may end up not winning anything, we're above a contender which is better than the vast majority of the history they have had.

Compare it to the Minnesota Chiefs. We had one person who truly gave 2 shits about this team. Chris McZehrl. He was all in on this team and wanting to rebuild this team into something like the Yeti could be regardless of the time it took. Imagine that for a second. Not a troll at all:

Someone in Simulation Hockey League legitimately caring for this doomed franchise. (I realise Chiefs have a decent history and some really good former players. That I am not making points on. But I am talking about recent Chiefs and none of you ever looked at an upcoming fixture against us and thought "Oh fuck! Not the Chiefs!")

To see someone put all this effort into trying to make a team competitive to be cucked by a head office when he CLEARLY is the correct man for the job just kills any motivation I have to put up with 4-5 seasons of continuing to just being another team in the league. If I'm going to be 1 of the more forgettable people in this league by the time I stop playing, I want to at the very god damn least want to be having some fun.

I was 100% planning on leaving the Minnesota Chiefs when Head Office picked someone else (Because we all knew this would happen, admit it lol) that would give barley any hope. Well, excluding Aaron Wilson, you're my boi <3

But Gibbles is not the right man for this and if what I heard is true then that just makes me not want to play even more. (Having said that, congrats Spartan and good luck. I have nothing personally against you cause I do not think we have ever talked but you will need all the luck you can get lol)

I dunno if I can be traded or something in my contract stops it but I will be asking for a trade. If that is not possible you got in Minny for however long my contract lasts and then I will free agency. I do not think you will get much for Jon anyway to be honest but reddit draft Mr. Irrelevant pick could be worth it!

Which brings me back to IC Jon Forty-One. I still have 12 teams on his revenge list! Jon hates all 12 of you remaining teams cause he loves to hate. Which is quite a lot admittedly so where ever I end up I may just have to ignore/knock them off cause what can you do? lol

If I was still in that little rookie discord I would say to all the junior players, do not come here. I probably have lost the right in getting this to happen but I would honestly say the motto of the Minnesota Chiefs is now "Abandon hope."

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

kind of counter intuitive to wish Spartan the best as GM of the team and then write a media post and capping it off with “I’d tell every junior player not to come here lol

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Do I get extra money if I reply to these? Or is that just in pressers with people who do not edit original post? Probably not but worth asking lol

01-08-2020, 07:55 AMnour Wrote: kind of counter intuitive to wish Spartan the best as GM of the team and then write a media post and capping it off with “I’d tell every junior player not to come here lol

Maybe. But I do not hate him personally and seems like a nice guy so why would I not wish him all the luck he will clearly need. Wouldn't it be weirder if I suggested every rookie come to the Chiefs after writing this? lol

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I will second how much Mcz did care for this team. We had multiple conversations about how this team is on the up and what he was building for the future. He always offered help before I even knew I needed it.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 08:26 AM by Acsolap.)

Personally I'd take the guy that GM'd a team to a championship in a league where it's a constant rebuild (smjhl) over a guy that isn't even on the team (with no experience of being a GM) and a guy who has been fired as a GM (twice) and who clearly favours their own player.

Just me though.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

01-08-2020, 08:02 AMC9Van Wrote: Do I get extra money if I reply to these? Or is that just in pressers with people who do not edit original post? Probably not but worth asking lol

01-08-2020, 07:55 AMnour Wrote: kind of counter intuitive to wish Spartan the best as GM of the team and then write a media post and capping it off with “I’d tell every junior player not to come here lol

Maybe. But I do not hate him personally and seems like a nice guy so why would I not wish him all the luck he will clearly need. Wouldn't it be weirder if I suggested every rookie come to the Chiefs after writing this? lol

You could just leave the part addressing rookies out entirely, you’re not legally bound to tell them where or where not to go. I won’t comment on whether Spartan or McZ deserved the job, but Spartan is a great GM, more than qualified. Arguing that you’d go out of your way to tell people not to play for the team he just took over just comes across in a way that makes your sentiment wishing him the best being incredibly hollow and meaningless.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

01-08-2020, 08:24 AMAcsolap Wrote: Personally I'd take the guy that GM'd a team to a championship in a league where it's a constant rebuild (smjhl) over a guy that isn't even on the team (with no experience of being a GM) and a guy who has been fired as a GM (twice) and who clearly favours their own player.

Just me though.

SpartanGibbles has not regressed his own player even once in this league, not even once. That is a fact. How can you possibly think a rookie SHL - SHL GM is a better option than someone like McZ? You need to start from somewhere and I get it, gotta give the new members a chance too, but what about the older ones? If we look at this Minnesota case - I don´t see it, I don´t see how Spartan is the better option.

Then the way this show was organized tells even worse story - clear bullying and league leadership is part of it.

Justice 4 McZ

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

With all due respect (not really though), this is the worst take I have ever seen on this site.

SpartanGibbles cared about the Chiefs before you knew what a Chief was, he cared about the Chiefs under different management groups, he cared about the Chiefs through the Daco shit, he cared about the team enough to give up a job he absolutely loved in Anaheim so that he could care about the Chiefs in a more official capacity.

But McZ who only stayed with the Chiefs after his trade because he was offered a coaching position (where his main goal was giving himself as much time as possible) apparently cares more than Gibbles? b u l l s h i t

I really hope Gibbles trades you because you don’t deserve to reap the benefits of him fixing Minnesota.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

01-08-2020, 08:48 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 08:24 AMAcsolap Wrote: Personally I'd take the guy that GM'd a team to a championship in a league where it's a constant rebuild (smjhl) over a guy that isn't even on the team (with no experience of being a GM) and a guy who has been fired as a GM (twice) and who clearly favours their own player.

Just me though.

SpartanGibbles has not regressed his own player even once in this league, not even once. That is a fact. How can you possibly think a rookie SHL - SHL GM is a better option than someone like McZ? You need to start from somewhere and I get it, gotta give the new members a chance too, but what about the older ones?  If we look at this Minnesota case - I don´t see it, I don´t see how Spartan is the better option.

Then the way this show was organized tells even worse story - clear bullying and league leadership is part of it.

I wasn't going to comment because this is silly and you are all upset, but NONE of you saw the applications. Did you? Gibbles not doing regression? Are you serious? He was a lead updater for 3+ seasons, he has seen more regressions then most in this league. We didn't bias pick this, despite what you believe. His application was strong, he was a good candidate already in Minnesota Management.

Gibbles has been a good member of Minnesota for 5+ seasons, longer than McZ or any other candidate, he has a ton of recommendations. Please give the guy a shot instead of immediately trashing him.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

01-08-2020, 08:48 AMjRuutu Wrote:

Just me though.

SpartanGibbles has not regressed his own player even once in this league, not even once. That is a fact. How can you possibly think a rookie SHL - SHL GM is a better option than someone like McZ? You need to start from somewhere and I get it, gotta give the new members a chance too, but what about the older ones?  If we look at this Minnesota case - I don´t see it, I don´t see how Spartan is the better option.

If your only argument is pulling the older member card then you have no argument

01-08-2020, 08:54 AMSDCore Wrote:
01-08-2020, 08:48 AMjRuutu Wrote: SpartanGibbles has not regressed his own player even once in this league, not even once. That is a fact. How can you possibly think a rookie SHL - SHL GM is a better option than someone like McZ? You need to start from somewhere and I get it, gotta give the new members a chance too, but what about the older ones?  If we look at this Minnesota case - I don´t see it, I don´t see how Spartan is the better option.

I wasn't going to comment because this is silly and you are all upset, but NONE of you saw the applications. Did you? Gibbles not doing regression? Are you serious? He was a lead updater for 3+ seasons, he has seen more regressions then most in this league. We didn't bias pick this, despite what you believe. His application was strong, he was a good candidate already in Minnesota Management.

Gibbles has been a good member of Minnesota for 5+ seasons, longer than McZ or any other candidate, he has a ton of recommendations. Please give the guy a shot instead of immediately trashing him.
The point was on him never going through these bumps on the road with his own player. I´m sure he was/is a good candidate, but I don´t believe for a second that McZ was not the right man for the job.

Of course Spartan has recommendations, his friends are sitting in the HO, you included. Conflict of interest in my eyes and surely there has to be some value on the fact that McZ has applied for these jobs more than once before with a strong application? If not, why not just tell him he is never going to get hired? You guys bullies - simple as that.

01-08-2020, 09:05 AMBDonini Wrote:
01-08-2020, 08:48 AMjRuutu Wrote: SpartanGibbles has not regressed his own player even once in this league, not even once. That is a fact. How can you possibly think a rookie SHL - SHL GM is a better option than someone like McZ? You need to start from somewhere and I get it, gotta give the new members a chance too, but what about the older ones?  If we look at this Minnesota case - I don´t see it, I don´t see how Spartan is the better option.

If your only argument is pulling the older member card then you have no argument
So you don´t put any value on experience?

gonna throw my hat into the ring here
seeing what SG has done for Anaheim, it makes every sense that he was chosen to be Minnesota GM. The dude cares and he’s a proven winner at the juniors level. He’s the right person to actually bring stability to Minnesota.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

01-08-2020, 09:06 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:05 AMBDonini Wrote: If your only argument is pulling the older member card then you have no argument
So you don´t put any value on experience?

When that experience involved being fired from 2 different GM jobs, why not take a chance on the guy who’s been to 2 finals in the J (and won one), been with Minnesota longer and was part of the Chiefs previous management group longer.