Create Account

Alas, Minny.

01-08-2020, 09:06 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 08:54 AMSDCore Wrote: I wasn't going to comment because this is silly and you are all upset, but NONE of you saw the applications. Did you? Gibbles not doing regression? Are you serious? He was a lead updater for 3+ seasons, he has seen more regressions then most in this league. We didn't bias pick this, despite what you believe. His application was strong, he was a good candidate already in Minnesota Management.

Gibbles has been a good member of Minnesota for 5+ seasons, longer than McZ or any other candidate, he has a ton of recommendations. Please give the guy a shot instead of immediately trashing him.
The point was on him never going through these bumps on the road with his own player.  I´m sure he was/is a good candidate, but I don´t believe for a second that McZ was not the right man for the job.

Of course Spartan has recommendations, his friends are sitting in the HO, you included. Conflict of interest in my eyes and surely there has to be some value on the fact that McZ has applied for these jobs more than once before with a strong application? If not, why not just tell him he is never going to get hired? You guys bullies - simple as that.

Guy has been fired. Twice. How many GM's have been fired in shl history? Two? Maybe if he wanted to prove that he had changed and could put the needs of them team before himself he wouldn't have played himself first pairing with the lowest tpe d man on the team?

Just because you don't like something doesnt mean that it's bullying. Yelling about an HO conspiracy just makes you look like a nut when anyone with common sense could see the way the wind was blowing on this one.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

01-08-2020, 09:06 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:05 AMBDonini Wrote: If your only argument is pulling the older member card then you have no argument
So you don´t put any value on experience?

Do you not value 4+ years as an SMJHL GM as experience or being on the update team, including doing 500 players updates INCLUDING regression, in one season, as experience? How about being with the team since being drafted, through the loss of picks from Daco, Mulitple GMs, and many other things? What about being in management for that team? We can debate this all day, but at the end of the day WE believe that SpartanGibbles was the right hire. I am sorry that McZ did not get this job, I understand that is a hard thing to accept, but sometimes decisions are made that some people don't like. I will 100000% stand behind the decision to hire SpartanGibbles as we all felt he was the right person to lead Minnesota.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

01-08-2020, 07:35 AMC9Van Wrote: So this probably does not qualify as a drama but

~hottest take on the site in about 12 seasons~
[Image: 9BdwGYj.jpg]

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

01-08-2020, 09:14 AMBDonini Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:06 AMjRuutu Wrote: So you don´t put any value on experience?

When that experience involved being fired from 2 different GM jobs, why not take a chance on the guy who’s been to 2 finals in the J (and won one), been with Minnesota longer and was part of the Chiefs previous management group longer.
I thought the point of J was on the players getting a chance to play a lot, learn about the game and build their players, teams winning cups and GM´s building their resumes comes second?

Or has the ´rules´ changed and we should start going for the J jobs and start building our resumes?

01-08-2020, 09:17 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:14 AMBDonini Wrote: When that experience involved being fired from 2 different GM jobs, why not take a chance on the guy who’s been to 2 finals in the J (and won one), been with Minnesota longer and was part of the Chiefs previous management group longer.
I thought the point of J was on the players getting a chance to play a lot, learn about the game and build their players, teams winning cups and GM´s building their resumes comes second?

Or has the ´rules´ changed and we should start going for the J jobs and start building our resumes?

Go ahead. I wish you all the luck in the world, you will absolutely need it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

01-08-2020, 09:16 AMSDCore Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:06 AMjRuutu Wrote: So you don´t put any value on experience?

Do you not value 4+ years as an SMJHL GM as experience or being on the update team, including doing 500 players updates INCLUDING regression, in one season, as experience? How about being with the team since being drafted, through the loss of picks from Daco, Mulitple GMs, and many other things? What about being in management for that team? We can debate this all day, but at the end of the day WE believe that SpartanGibbles was the right hire. I am sorry that McZ did not get this job, I understand that is a hard thing to accept, but sometimes decisions are made that some people don't like. I will 100000% stand behind the decision to hire SpartanGibbles as we all felt he was the right person to lead Minnesota.
That is experience absolutely and I´m honestly sure Spartan will be a good GM, BUT it was not his time now - that is my opinion.

On the hiring part, would it be possible to see the Spartans application? OR see some examples on lines/comments that pushed you to choose Spartan over other members?

01-08-2020, 09:22 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:16 AMSDCore Wrote: Do you not value 4+ years as an SMJHL GM as experience or being on the update team, including doing 500 players updates INCLUDING regression, in one season, as experience? How about being with the team since being drafted, through the loss of picks from Daco, Mulitple GMs, and many other things? What about being in management for that team? We can debate this all day, but at the end of the day WE believe that SpartanGibbles was the right hire. I am sorry that McZ did not get this job, I understand that is a hard thing to accept, but sometimes decisions are made that some people don't like. I will 100000% stand behind the decision to hire SpartanGibbles as we all felt he was the right person to lead Minnesota.
That is experience absolutely and I´m honestly sure Spartan will be a good GM, BUT it was not his time now - that is my opinion.

On the hiring part, would it be possible to see the Spartans application? OR see some examples on lines/comments that pushed you to choose Spartan over other members?

I believe he is going to be posting it for all concerned parties to see.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

01-08-2020, 09:22 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:16 AMSDCore Wrote: Do you not value 4+ years as an SMJHL GM as experience or being on the update team, including doing 500 players updates INCLUDING regression, in one season, as experience? How about being with the team since being drafted, through the loss of picks from Daco, Mulitple GMs, and many other things? What about being in management for that team? We can debate this all day, but at the end of the day WE believe that SpartanGibbles was the right hire. I am sorry that McZ did not get this job, I understand that is a hard thing to accept, but sometimes decisions are made that some people don't like. I will 100000% stand behind the decision to hire SpartanGibbles as we all felt he was the right person to lead Minnesota.

Or rather, could we see McZ's applicatiom and some comments on why you didn't pick him.

01-08-2020, 09:22 AMAcsolap Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:17 AMjRuutu Wrote: I thought the point of J was on the players getting a chance to play a lot, learn about the game and build their players, teams winning cups and GM´s building their resumes comes second?

Go ahead. I wish you all the luck in the world, you will absolutely need it.

Wat

Dude didn’t say he was personally going for a job

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

That could be interesting for transparency. When a hire is posted, publish a list of the responses (or even the top 5 in the case of highly sought-after roles) and a short comment on why they were/were not chosen.

Time consuming, probably, but transparent and interesting.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

01-08-2020, 09:26 AMSDCore Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:22 AMjRuutu Wrote: That is experience absolutely and I´m honestly sure Spartan will be a good GM, BUT it was not his time now - that is my opinion.

I believe he is going to be posting it for all concerned parties to see.
And I hope there will be timestamp visible, when he posted it or sent it to you guys before the deadline. Without any edits, because lets not forget that final application should be without errors Smile

Hey Gibbles love you dude you’ve got a proven track record of success as a GM, you were a part of Chiefs management for many seasons, you know the ins and outs of what being a GM entails and are a great fit for this job!

BUT you’ve never regressed your own player, and that immediately disqualifies all of this. I missed the part in the hiring thread where SHL HO made regressing your own player at least once a requirement for GMing at the SHL level. Sad but you just don’t deserve this job Undecided

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

01-08-2020, 09:29 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
01-08-2020, 09:22 AMAcsolap Wrote: Go ahead. I wish you all the luck in the world, you will absolutely need it.

Wat

Dude didn’t say he was personally going for a job

This, but worrying to me if the feeling in the league now is that we need to go to juniors to win championships, then use them as main achievements when going for SHL GM job. What was the point of juniors again?

SHL HO is cool until they do something I don’t like and then theyre biased bullies who faked the moon landing and hate veteran members obviously

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

HO is fucked for giving a new enthusiastic, qualified GM a chance over someone with a notoriously spotty GM record when will they learn!!!

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]