Create Account

Hissing in the grass

01-08-2020, 01:40 PMml002 Wrote: Nothing more qualified than multiple firings, messing up on regressions, talking to FAs without knowing what their positions are, talking to ppl who aren't free agents about joining your team etc

McZ lost out to capable candidates for years now because his past shows the GM he is and cause ppl who care just as much about their teams put in the time and effort here to move up. Quit throwing a tantrum cause he didn't get the job
And here you are, a general manager of a team throwing shots at a member who clearly just wants to run a team. Way to go

01-08-2020, 01:48 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 01:39 PMJNH Wrote: That’s exactly my point, I don’t think they’re under a duty to tell him “you’ll never get hired”.  I say that mainly because I don’t think he’s explicitly blacklisted.  I just think that he’s continually being passed over for better candidates.  Is his past being factored in? Probably.  But I don’t think HO has to say they’ll never hire him because that’s more or less untrue.  They may hire him, but it’s hard when there’s fresh faces who also have the experience and tools for the GM job and don’t have his history of being dismissed (twice). 

Basically, I think the issue here is that McZ needs to realize that he had his chance and needs to do something more than re-applying to get a head GM spot back.  Whether that’s trying to get in at the ground floor by joining SMJHL management and working his way up or some other way, I’m not sure but what’s going on now isn’t working.  He’s applying based on experience in the league and as GM, but his management past isn’t exactly squeaky clean.  If I was HO, I’d need to see him successfully hold down a managerial position for a substantial period of time before even considering allowing him to take over control of a franchise that needs strong leadership right now.
When you look at the comments today for example, you get pretty good idea what is going on and it´s in my opinion fair to say McZ is blacklisted OR at very least many share the same view on McZ - he should not expect to get hired for GM job, which is pretty much as close to being blacklisted as possible. If and when that is the case - it´s absolutely the HO´s job to let him know what is going on, there are people who still care about SHL, it´s only fair in my opinion to handle it like a professional on the leagues side and stop taking McZ for a ride around if it´s 100% sure he is not getting the GM jobs, honestly cant understand why so many don´t see that as bullying. McZ is a good dude, stop hanging on to something that happened 5-7 years ago.

The times we are at in SHL right now is pretty much perfect time to let McZ have a go and see how it goes, is it not? The problem with proving yourself is pretty hard if nobody is hiring you in the first place, if you think about it the options are pretty limited, it´s been years without any problems. McZ throwing some rookie center to 2nd line and taking the 1st line center role himself is not one of them.

He's not blacklisted. He's just complete shit and continuously outshone by better candidates.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 01:53 PM by jRuutu.)

01-08-2020, 01:51 PMAcsolap Wrote:
01-08-2020, 01:48 PMjRuutu Wrote: When you look at the comments today for example, you get pretty good idea what is going on and it´s in my opinion fair to say McZ is blacklisted OR at very least many share the same view on McZ - he should not expect to get hired for GM job, which is pretty much as close to being blacklisted as possible. If and when that is the case - it´s absolutely the HO´s job to let him know what is going on, there are people who still care about SHL, it´s only fair in my opinion to handle it like a professional on the leagues side and stop taking McZ for a ride around if it´s 100% sure he is not getting the GM jobs, honestly cant understand why so many don´t see that as bullying. McZ is a good dude, stop hanging on to something that happened 5-7 years ago.

The times we are at in SHL right now is pretty much perfect time to let McZ have a go and see how it goes, is it not? The problem with proving yourself is pretty hard if nobody is hiring you in the first place, if you think about it the options are pretty limited, it´s been years without any problems. McZ throwing some rookie center to 2nd line and taking the 1st line center role himself is not one of them.

He's not blacklisted. He's just complete shit and continuously outshone by better candidates.
Is this some of that vile behaviour @Grapehead talked about earlier?

01-08-2020, 01:48 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 01:39 PMJNH Wrote: That’s exactly my point, I don’t think they’re under a duty to tell him “you’ll never get hired”.  I say that mainly because I don’t think he’s explicitly blacklisted.  I just think that he’s continually being passed over for better candidates.  Is his past being factored in? Probably.  But I don’t think HO has to say they’ll never hire him because that’s more or less untrue.  They may hire him, but it’s hard when there’s fresh faces who also have the experience and tools for the GM job and don’t have his history of being dismissed (twice). 

Basically, I think the issue here is that McZ needs to realize that he had his chance and needs to do something more than re-applying to get a head GM spot back.  Whether that’s trying to get in at the ground floor by joining SMJHL management and working his way up or some other way, I’m not sure but what’s going on now isn’t working.  He’s applying based on experience in the league and as GM, but his management past isn’t exactly squeaky clean.  If I was HO, I’d need to see him successfully hold down a managerial position for a substantial period of time before even considering allowing him to take over control of a franchise that needs strong leadership right now.
When you look at the comments today for example, you get pretty good idea what is going on and it´s in my opinion fair to say McZ is blacklisted OR at very least many share the same view on McZ - he should not expect to get hired for GM job, which is pretty much as close to being blacklisted as possible. If and when that is the case - it´s absolutely the HO´s job to let him know what is going on, there are people who still care about SHL, it´s only fair in my opinion to handle it like a professional on the leagues side and stop taking McZ for a ride around if it´s 100% sure he is not getting the GM jobs, honestly cant understand why so many don´t see that as bullying. McZ is a good dude, stop hanging on to something that happened 5-7 years ago.

You keep saying its 100% sure he’s not getting the job and I’m saying that’s not true. I believe he always has a chance, but it’s never good enough. Sure HO could say something, but isn’t McZ equally responsible to reach out and be like “Hey, how can I improve my app for next time?” or “Hey, what steps do I need to take to make myself a better candidate?”.

I don’t like this argument that “the times in the SHL right now” mean it’s okay to take a chance on a wild card. The SHL is at one of its most active points, regardless of sim engine controversy. We’re on the brink of a reddit draft next season, which will bring an influx of new members. If anything, it’s more important now than ever to have someone in Minnesota who HO can be sure will steer the ship in the right direction.

And as to the point of no one hiring McZ, if he was as qualified as you say he is, you have to think someone in the SMJHL would bring him on. It’s not that hard to form relationships with those in management in the SMJHL and work with them. This is about McZ needing to be proactive to fix his image. He can’t sit back, keep living his SHL career, doing what he wants while expecting time to fix his mistakes.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

01-08-2020, 01:49 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 01:40 PMml002 Wrote: Nothing more qualified than multiple firings, messing up on regressions, talking to FAs without knowing what their positions are, talking to ppl who aren't free agents about joining your team etc

McZ lost out to capable candidates for years now because his past shows the GM he is and cause ppl who care just as much about their teams put in the time and effort here to move up. Quit throwing a tantrum cause he didn't get the job
And here you are, a general manager of a team throwing shots at a member who clearly just wants to run a team. Way to go

wow its almost like gms know what makes a great gm

01-08-2020, 01:49 PMjRuutu Wrote:

And I want to be rich, but that's not how it works. McZ has continued to prioritize his own success above his teammates. You don't get fired two times from being a GM for nothing. Honestly it's impressive considering how little you can do in this league as a GM without being fired. McZ doesn't deserve to be a GM just cause he's been on the site longer than others. His reputation hasn't changed because he hasn't changed, and until he figures out that GMing is more than just being successful at all costs, he won't be a leading candidate for any GM roles

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 02:15 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

McZ staying persistent, I like it

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

01-08-2020, 01:58 PMefiug Wrote:
01-08-2020, 01:49 PMjRuutu Wrote: And here you are, a general manager of a team throwing shots at a member who clearly just wants to run a team. Way to go

wow its almost like gms know what makes a great gm
Hearsay  Confused

01-08-2020, 02:11 PMml002 Wrote:
01-08-2020, 01:49 PMjRuutu Wrote: And here you are, a general manager of a team throwing shots at a member who clearly just wants to run a team. Way to go

And I want to be rich, but that's not how it works. McZ has continued to prioritize his own success above his teammates. You don't get fired two times from being a GM for nothing. Honestly it's impressive considering how little you can do in this league as a GM without being fired. McZ doesn't deserve to be a GM just cause he's been on the site longer than others. His reputation hasn't changed because he hasn't changed, and until he figures out that GMing is more than just being successful at all costs, he won't be a leading candidate for any GM roles
More than likely fair to say the league is different these days. Just because the modern HO allows you GM´s do whatever starting from abusing the sim engine does not mean it was like that back in the day. Hard to change reputation when you refuse to even hear him out, hard to change reputation when you don´t even give him a chance to change it, funny to me how some want to see him prove it in some kind of management role, but you don´t even hire him in the first place.

01-08-2020, 05:14 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 01:58 PMefiug Wrote: wow its almost like gms know what makes a great gm
Hearsay  Confused

01-08-2020, 02:11 PMml002 Wrote: And I want to be rich, but that's not how it works. McZ has continued to prioritize his own success above his teammates. You don't get fired two times from being a GM for nothing. Honestly it's impressive considering how little you can do in this league as a GM without being fired. McZ doesn't deserve to be a GM just cause he's been on the site longer than others. His reputation hasn't changed because he hasn't changed, and until he figures out that GMing is more than just being successful at all costs, he won't be a leading candidate for any GM roles
More than likely fair to say the league is different these days. Just because the modern HO allows you GM´s do whatever starting from abusing the sim engine does not mean it was like that back in the day. Hard to change reputation when you refuse to even hear him out, hard to change reputation when you don´t even give him a chance to change it, funny to me how some want to see him prove it in some kind of management role, but you don´t even hire him in the first place.

Funny enough he did have a management role in Minny where he was the coach. Where he loaded himself with minutes on the top pairing and partnered himself with one of the IA roster fillers to funnel points to his player.

Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames

01-08-2020, 05:18 PMml002 Wrote:
01-08-2020, 05:14 PMjRuutu Wrote: Hearsay  Confused

Funny enough he did have a management role in Minny where he was the coach. Where he loaded himself with minutes on the top pairing and partnered himself with one of the IA roster fillers to funnel points to his player.
And how did that work? Was the team playing well/badly?

01-08-2020, 05:22 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 05:18 PMml002 Wrote: Funny enough he did have a management role in Minny where he was the coach. Where he loaded himself with minutes on the top pairing and partnered himself with one of the IA roster fillers to funnel points to his player.
And how did that work? Was the team playing well/badly?

They missed the playoffs

01-08-2020, 05:30 PMml002 Wrote:
01-08-2020, 05:22 PMjRuutu Wrote: And how did that work? Was the team playing well/badly?

They missed the playoffs
Oke, well if tanking was the goal or plan - worked pretty well? If roster was good enough for playoffs - maybe not so.

01-08-2020, 05:31 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-08-2020, 05:30 PMml002 Wrote: They missed the playoffs
Oke, well if tanking was the goal or plan - worked pretty well? If roster was good enough for playoffs - maybe not so.

They didn't own that year's first cause they traded it for McZ in the the most lopsided trade of all-time

01-08-2020, 05:46 PMml002 Wrote:
01-08-2020, 05:31 PMjRuutu Wrote: Oke, well if tanking was the goal or plan - worked pretty well? If roster was good enough for playoffs - maybe not so.

They didn't own that year's first cause they traded it for McZ in the the most lopsided trade of all-time

no ml, they were tanking for BUF, dont you understand

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

01-08-2020, 05:47 PMluketd Wrote:
01-08-2020, 05:46 PMml002 Wrote: They didn't own that year's first cause they traded it for McZ in the the most lopsided trade of all-time

no ml, they were tanking for BUF, dont you understand

So what you are saying is... we burn down Buffalo???