Create Account

HOmilton

01-10-2020, 09:10 AMWaters Wrote: I really do feel strongly that people are justified in being angry at us so I don't want this to come across like I'm shitting on everyone who dislikes us and not just this particular buffoon but there is no way even the staunchest enemies of hamilton think that firing management, banning players(members? or are you suggesting auto-retiring players?) who regressed out of passing and handing out 2 season suspensions to the "main glitchers" is a more than fair punishment. And that's disregarding the fact you are actually suggesting that HO is involved in a conspiracy to protect us cause why? they want their shooting players to be seen as good? ???
Surprisingly easy thing to do though? At least to me sounds less of work than moving everything to new sim engine. Suspend/fire/ban everybody who clearly tried exploit the sim engine.

01-10-2020, 09:20 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: I think the biggest flaw in all your recent conspiracy suggestions is that no one on this site has the time to actually be the evil masterminds you suspect them of. It's hard enough getting people to stay motivated as HO as is, adding "Must secretly conspire to ensure certain teams win the Challenge Cup" to the list of responsibilities just seems like overkill. The effort to draw in more activity to the forums is nice tho
Thats the thing, I don´t think they did enough. Where is Eggy? 3 of the owners are inactive, who is in the HO? Argarbargar said he has lost interest, Danbyrem does not have a player in the league, when you start to go down the list, how many non Hamilton members were there to decide on this whole thing?

fucking Danbyrem

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-10-2020, 09:57 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-10-2020, 09:20 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: I think the biggest flaw in all your recent conspiracy suggestions is that no one on this site has the time to actually be the evil masterminds you suspect them of. It's hard enough getting people to stay motivated as HO as is, adding "Must secretly conspire to ensure certain teams win the Challenge Cup" to the list of responsibilities just seems like overkill. The effort to draw in more activity to the forums is nice tho
Thats the thing, I don´t think they did enough. Where is Eggy? 3 of the owners are inactive, who is in the HO? Argarbargar said he has lost interest, Danbyrem does not have a player in the league, when you start to go down the list, how many non Hamilton members were there to decide on this whole thing?

I'd be inactive too if everything I did while trying to help the site was scrutinized as being a conspiracy

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I’ve been a harsh critic of Hamilton during this whole process, but really? Did you strain something reaching for this take? @notorioustig hit em with the meme

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 10:13 AM by Mayuu.)

01-10-2020, 09:57 AMjRuutu Wrote:

**WARNING NON IRONIC POST, THIS IS NOT THE MEMEs YOU ARE LOOKING FOR**

I'm going to try to be level headed with you, but I doubt it will work. But lets try anyway.

You have to remember that this is a game, and people will do whatever it takes to win. Some will try to cheat, some will try to push the limits as far as possible within the rules.
Some GM's/Players limits are closer to the borders of the rules then others, but everyone tries their best to increase their chance of success, this is true for both SMJHL and SHL.
Some users will say that the J's should be more about creating a good user experience for new players, we all know that winning is the best experience a GM can provide for their users and them self so this holds true just as much here as anywhere else. Low passing, high scoring is a grey zone just as much as playing inactive's over actives in juniors. Only difference is that the latter give a much smaller edge to actually win shit then the former. Users are just as outspoken about playing inactive's over actives in juniors as they are about this issue.

There's no conspiracy to this whole shit show. Team found a edge that was in the rule book, executed their strategy and is reaping their rewards. Is it fun? Nope. Does it feel like you are being tricked out of your "best years"? Absolutely.

I don't blame Hamilton for trying their best to win, I don't think anyone saw the potential impact the strategy would have on the league.

Still doesn't change the fact that a lot of users feels like they wasted their time on their players since they are now known to be flawed.

RETIRED

This is a thoroughly researched conspiracy theory.

Netflix has now bought the rights.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 10:23 AM by Waters.)

01-10-2020, 09:54 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-10-2020, 09:10 AMWaters Wrote: I really do feel strongly that people are justified in being angry at us so I don't want this to come across like I'm shitting on everyone who dislikes us and not just this particular buffoon but there is no way even the staunchest enemies of hamilton think that firing management, banning players(members? or are you suggesting auto-retiring players?) who regressed out of passing and handing out 2 season suspensions to the "main glitchers" is a more than fair punishment. And that's disregarding the fact you are actually suggesting that HO is involved in a conspiracy to protect us cause why? they want their shooting players to be seen as good? ???
Surprisingly easy thing to do though? At least to me sounds less of work than moving everything to new sim engine. Suspend/fire/ban everybody who clearly tried exploit the sim engine.
and then what? people keep using sths as if there isn't a massive bug in the system?

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

01-10-2020, 09:23 AMnour Wrote:
01-10-2020, 09:21 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Yes, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
reading this gave me a stroke but ay love u mute

I know CPR.

And the love is mute-ual.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

this dude is going to hit 100 million simbucks just from posting shit takes

don't you dare tell me the american dream is dead

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

01-10-2020, 09:51 AMjRuutu Wrote:
01-10-2020, 09:13 AMnour Wrote: Idk guess I was trying my luck in hopes that you were capable of a take that isn’t nonsensical but unfortunately capable reasoning avoids your brain once again.

I’ll address this. I’m done defending the Hamilton stuff for the sake of the league as these flame wars and arguments are just getting silly now. To insinuate HO was doing this is brainless. Most of their build gaps are 10-15 points between passing and scoring, which is something people have been doing since I joined the site in S35, and I’m sure well before then too. A lot of them were also like that before the scoring/passing debacle was even a thing. You basically just linked a bunch of shoot first players and made a really dumb connection thinking you just uncovered the site’s biggest conspiracy.

Anyways I know you’re just trying to stir up drama to make the forums busier, because apparently its better for new members but idk, I can’t really see how throwing out a dumb take in every thread is gonna drum up activity personally speaking.
Mister ´64PA/90SC´ over here expecting reasonable things. Point I had was to show the league is not really even trying to fight back. Big part of that is the Hamilton influence in the HO, either directly trying to down play it and/or risk of for example annoying DrunkenTeddy who has done a lot for the site was too much, so they give little slaps on the wrists instead of responding with similar fire when for example someone uses certain words in the forum.
I don’t think you should be reasonable because I’m expecting it, I think you should be reasonable because behaving like an idiot really isn’t a good look for you.

What Hamilton influence in HO? They reverted our regression last offseason and they’ll probably change the rules further this coming offseason to combat all of this stuff. They obviously weren’t going to introduce a rule change in the middle of the playoffs.

If I’m reading this correctly, you’re saying the SHL HO should have the same fire to crack down on how we build players as they do to crack down on people using homophobic, racist or ableist slurs? Those are of equal importance to you? HO should put low passing on the same level as saying the n-word? Grow up lmao

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Hey listen, I'm here to warn people, you keep telling me to shut up! This isn't a game! Okay? Our government, the SHL head office, is building FEMA camps. We have an SHL where they disappear people now. You have this "arrest for public safety", life in prison. It's basically off with their heads, disappear 'em, take 'em away. Infowars dot com. Liberty is rising. Liberty is rising! Freedom will not stop! You will not stop freedom! You will not stop the Republic! Humanity is awakening! Infowars dot com! No, you guys are crazy, thinking that the public's too stupid! You're crazy, thinking the public doesn't know! You're crazy, thinking the public isn't waking up!

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I've made a point to not take any @jRuutu posts seriously for about a year now, but it's worth noting that I hate Hamilton a lot and even MY PA-SC gap is 14 right now because I put zero effort into my last update thinking we'd be on FHM for next season so why should I actually try on something I'm just going to have to re-do? Oops.

I'll add some passing next time, don't worry kiddos.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-10-2020, 10:43 AMztevans Wrote: I've made a point to not take any @jRuutu posts seriously for about a year now, but it's worth noting that I hate Hamilton a lot and even MY PA-SC gap is 14 right now because I put zero effort into my last update thinking we'd be on FHM for next season so why should I actually try on something I'm just going to have to re-do?  Oops.

Excuses, you’re obviously trying to game the system. Is it a coincidence you used to be in SHL HO? I think not

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

01-10-2020, 10:45 AMnour Wrote:
01-10-2020, 10:43 AMztevans Wrote: I've made a point to not take any @jRuutu posts seriously for about a year now, but it's worth noting that I hate Hamilton a lot and even MY PA-SC gap is 14 right now because I put zero effort into my last update thinking we'd be on FHM for next season so why should I actually try on something I'm just going to have to re-do?  Oops.

Excuses, you’re obviously trying to game the system. Is it a coincidence you used to be in SHL HO? I think not

I gamed the system all the way to a 19 point season because life is suffering.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page