Create Account

My Thoughts on All This Shit
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 05:32 PM by awils13.)

I should probably address the screenshot that everyone has seen by now. I said it out of frustration with what was happening at the time and I am sorry for lashing out. I care about the league and I don't want it to die. I don't have a lot of experience with FHM and I will try to learn how it works just like every other GM in the league, but if I find anything that can be considered an exploit, I won't use it and I'll report it to the HO. With that said, FHM is a very good engine and I don’t think it can be solved or broken like STHS. It’s going to be fun and personally I’m looking forward to the switch.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

01-10-2020, 05:24 PMnotorioustig Wrote: This is an incredibly level-headed post given what's been flying around so thank you Donini. We did have a really productive conversation about it and I'm fully willing to talk with anyone else who would like a similar dialogue to understand our side of things, just hit me up. Perspective can help smooth over tension and fuck knows there's a lot of tension.  Perspective goes both ways in this case too, we understand that people are upset and this isn't me saying "just hear us out," I'm willing to earnestly listen to what anyone has to say about us and what they are thinking provided we're given the same. If you want to slide into my DMs and yell at me for a bit then do so if that's what you need. Let's actually have a productive discourse about it as a community and move on whatever your thoughts and emotional responses are. When everyone starts flinging shit we just become a bunch of monkeys. I think all of us are ready to get back to normal and that starts with a general understanding to move forward together.

eat poopoo you stupid metal bird

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I don't agree with everything here but I think this is a really great post and I appreciate it

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

01-10-2020, 04:28 PMBDonini Wrote: While I've still lost some respect for their GMs and coach and Narconis who's barely active except apparently to tell everyone about how legitimate this Cup is and how salty they are that literally two entire seasons are being thrown away, I do regret attacking the whole team early on (except the memes, memes are fun).
Also want to say a little more publicly what I've already expressed on private fronts: I completely understand the sentiment behind the hate and I empathize with it. I think my and many other hamilton players' behaviour was fueled by being put on the defensive immediately and had we taken a step back to think about it we would have approached it much better.

I'm sorry that you lost respect for me, and you are justified in feeling that way. I hope that all of us can prove over time to eachother that we are better than this.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

01-10-2020, 05:53 PMWaters Wrote: I don't agree with everything here but I think this is a really great post and I appreciate it

Fair enough, I think we're probably all beyond a point of changing our minds but hopefully some productive dialogue will at least tone this shit down before Reddit on Monday

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Wow are ppl being understanding and shit? Wtf shl don't grow up

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

The hero we need right here!

But seriously, this is well said for coming off the top and just writing and I couldn't agree more with it. I was basically inactive during all of this, but reading back through it and the last few days I've gotten a grasp of it, and I think we should all be slightly happy that FHM is coming just because of the builds, because even with my last player when I dumped everything into checking and defence because that's what I wanted, I still heard, "oh that wont work, do this or that" and the fact that FHM can have so many different roles is exciting.

The ethics thing has always been an issue around here to me, even when I was GM down in the SMJHL, I can't remember the specifics, but we did something outside of the rules, that we missed, it wasn't malicuous, and when it came to my attention, I turned it over to HO for punishment with my name all over it, and knowing that it prolly wasn't going to get noticed by anybody else and we could have gotten away with it, and also knowing that most other people would have never said anything about it, but anyway, there needs to be more accountablity for things like that, ethics, plain and simple.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 11:40 PM by Narconis.)

01-10-2020, 04:28 PMBDonini Wrote: While I've still lost some respect for their GMs and coach and Narconis who's barely active except apparently to tell everyone about how legitimate this Cup is and how salty they are that literally two entire seasons are being thrown away, I do regret attacking the whole team early on (except the memes, memes are fun).

1700 TPE and never missed an activity check, but OK. Look at it from MY perspective. I been in the league for 7 years and this was my first cup. You assholes have sucked every ounce of enjoyment I've had out this league to the point I am pretty likely going to retire my player and quit altogether. I'm pissed off about it. You won't miss me, but that's fine by me.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

i didnt read the post because im lazy and inactive but i think the real takeaway here is gecko good JY bad

will read later

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

01-10-2020, 11:39 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: i didnt read the post because im lazy and inactive but i think the real takeaway here is gecko good JY bad

will read later

ok i read it

key takeaways:

hamilton did an oof, but blaming and flaming the entirety of hammy is not the answer

doing things that dont make sense in real hockey = bad sim hockey

be less toxic so that recruitment goes well

be nice to each other (ok that one is just me)

Gecko good JY bad

e

wait shit reddits on monday

e

I mean... it's the equivalent of figuring out some glitchy goal in a video game. Like the SNES one where you can lob the puck from just inside center ice or something and it'll just go over the goalies head and land in the net every time. Nobody's going to want to play with you, but congrats on figuring it out.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

01-10-2020, 11:34 PMNarconis Wrote: You assholes have sucked every ounce of enjoyment I've had out this league to the point I am pretty likely going to retire my player and quit altogether.  I'm pissed off about it.  You won't miss me, but that's fine by me.

This is the definition of tone def

01-10-2020, 11:46 PMGrapehead Wrote:
01-10-2020, 11:34 PMNarconis Wrote: You assholes have sucked every ounce of enjoyment I've had out this league to the point I am pretty likely going to retire my player and quit altogether.  I'm pissed off about it.  You won't miss me, but that's fine by me.

This is the definition of tone def

Not really. Fix the rules. We basically had HO come into our LR last night and say that we couldn't respond, but now it's just become listening to a nonstop bitch fest of "cheaters" and other attacks, but we're not allowed to respond. Shut the fuck up and move on. If you have issues with the GMs, then take it up with them... but leave the rest of us out of it.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 11:58 PM by Grapehead.)

01-10-2020, 11:55 PMNarconis Wrote:
01-10-2020, 11:46 PMGrapehead Wrote: This is the definition of tone def

Not really.  Fix the rules. We basically had HO come into our LR last night and say that we couldn't respond, but now it's just become listening to a nonstop bitch fest of "cheaters" and other attacks, but we're not allowed to respond.  Shut the fuck up and move on.  If you have issues with the GMs, then take it up with them... but leave the rest of us out of it.

Whatever. Congrats.