Create Account

Alexis Metzler.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 09:55 PM by Avakael.)

Alexis Metzler will retire at the end of S52.

~~~

At the end of S51, Alexis Metzler ranks 5th all time for points by defencemen, and 3rd all time for shot blocks.

Captain of the Buffalo Stampede, S38-S52.
Alternate Captain of the Buffalo Stampede, S34-S37
Co-Captain of the Detroit Falcons, S31.
Alternate Captain of the United States of America, S38-S46.

SHL 1st All Stars Team, S39, S42, S44
SHL 2nd All Stars Team, S48
SHL 3rd All Stars Team, S43.

IIHF Gold, S34, S40.
IIHF Top Defenceman, S37.

Scott Stevens Trophy Winner, S39, S42.
Scott Stevens Trophy Runner Up, S43, S44.
Damien Littleton Runner Up, S35, S39, S41.

And finally, after a very long wait, Challenge Cup Champion in S46 and S48. The wait was worth it.

~~~

There are an awful fucking lot of people to thank. I'm going to try and keep it general, so I miss as few people as possible.

Firstly, thank you to everyone on Buffalo, and everyone I ever played in Buffalo with. I'm very proud to have been a one club player. I'm going to take some time away from the SHL when it's all said and done, but I'll still be around the LR.

Thank you to everyone who was in Detroit, too. I haven't been in that LR in a while, but it was a blast.

Thank you to everyone in the S31 class. They said we'd ruin the site. They were probably right. There's barely a single role we haven't taken on- none of us are Owners, none of us have made SHL Commissioner and I think there's a couple of SHL teams we haven't yet GM'd, but otherwise, we've done quite literally everything. Hopefully for the better. Joe, you're going to be the last one from our class after S52, so turn the lights off on your way out.

Thank you to the Deplorables. You guys made the S31 SMJHL season a riot and I loved it. You were also the people who got me interested in SHL Fantasy, and imagine if that never happened.

Speaking of which, thank you to everyone who I ever worked with in SHL Fantasy. Y'all are alright. Don't burn the spreadsheet down while I'm gone. I think Hallsy has automated the last few things I couldn't, though, so it should be fine.

Thank you to everyone who ever updated my player. I've occasionally had an adversarial relationship with a couple of you, but having briefly been a backup updater (and noping out of it), I know you've got the most incredibly irritating and detail oriented job on the site. I hope that's the next thing the HO brains and development trust tackles after FHM.

Thank you to everyone who I worked in HO with. Sometimes we didn't have the right perspective on what was going on, but nobody was ever wilfully malicious or lazy up there.

Thank you to Slappy and Bonk. I'll check in on your podcast every now and then, even if I don't say anything.

Thank you to Zach. You and Pris are the reason why "y'all" has entered my vocabulary. We never got to share an SHL team, but maybe we can do it when I next recreate.

Thank you to WannabeFinn. Throughout my entire time on this site, you have been either my GM in Detroit for my player, my GM in Buffalo for my player, or the GM I've been working with for Detroit. You're the fucking realest.

To everyone in general, so I absolutely don't forget anyone, thanks for being you. I'll be back on this site one day, I hope.

[Image: Qb76FhP.gif]

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

_/ _/ _/ _/

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

You were of the first players I drafted as a rookie Head GM in juniors and you ended up becoming a mainstay of my SHL experience for over 20 seasons. Nothing but respect and love for MY Australian king.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

GG. Proud to say I was part of the same draft class as you.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Hey Avakael, didn’t really talked to you a lot, but the work you did to Fantasy and everything else on the site, lots of respect what you’ve done with the place

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

_/ _/ _/ _/

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

Congrats on the amazing career! S31 best class

[Image: lebbish.gif]

F and then some for the MM gif
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 10:28 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

1st ballot HOF and site legend. thanks for everything you have done here as a player, as the head of fantasy league and as community member.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

had a fun time with you in buffalo fren

[Image: 3.png]

The Metzler trade is the worst of the POR/SFP franchise. Congrats on a legendary career!

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

OMG this is the worst way to find out HAM won Game 5 literally ever.

Congrats on a legendary career, Ava. Metzler leaves big shoes to fill for Buffalo. If Darrow can have half the career Metz did, he'll be okay

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Congrats on a hell of a career Ava Falcons

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

_/ _/ _/ _/
A leader that i sure hope that i can follow in their footsteps,
it's been an honor and a pleasure to share a team with you
oh captain my captain

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Great career man

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]