Create Account

S52 PT #1 - The Anthology Vol. I

The earliest point of Martijn Westbroek's life would be when he emerged from the womb, umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and all. It was dark, and then all of a sudden it was light. I guess this would have been a proper metaphor for his hockey career as he emerged from relative unknown to burst onto the scene. From a young age, Martijn grew to love the game of hockey as his father would hold him in his left hand and a cold one in his right as they'd watch the team from Zurich play in the Swiss National League. The fans and atmosphere at the games began to brew a passion for Westbroek and by the time he could stand he was already carrying around his mom's spatulas like hockey sticks and making skating motions. Hockey was all he thought about and while his artist mother tried to send him to summer art camps to grow his interests, he ended up making paintings and sculptures that were hockey focused. His parents relented and sent him to a hockey academy and well... the rest is history.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Michael Scarn has always had a talent for hockey. As a kid, he was a child prodigy, skating faster than any other person on the hockey team. Scarn would have easily made it into the National Hockey League, but he did not want to play a full season schedule because he wanted to spend more time with his friends and family. Also, Scarn was a world class secret agent, battling against the evil Goldenface. When Michael Scarn finally defeated the nefarious villain Goldenface, foiling his plot to blow up the NHL All Star Game for the insurance money alongside the President of the United States, Scarn realized he finally would have the free time to pursue his passion for hockey. Joining the NHL would be a bit tacky because the league office loved him for saving them, so Scarn joined the SHL where he could start fresh and anew, shaping out a new hockey career against some of the best talent in the world.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Being born and raised in Atlanta, GA Potts would be lying if he said playing hockey was instilled in him from a young age. Instead, he grew up watching his hometown team the then Atlanta Thrashers. Although Potts loves all sports, especially football, he always had a soft spot for hockey due to the impact the Thrashers had on his childhood. Potts first picked up a stick and laced up the skates at the age of 5 where he participated in a hockey camp sponsored by the Junior Thrashers. From there SLATT never looked back as he had really found his one true love, not to mention the natural-born skill that came with his love and passion for hockey. By the time he was 16, Potts was drafted by the Lethbridge Lions of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League with aspirations to make it to his end goal of playing in the SHL. At age 18 Potts was selected with a lottery pick by the West Kendall Platoon, and his dream came true like he always knew it would.

Now it's time to officially make the Platoon's roster and lead his squad to a Challenge Cup victory!

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Alex Winters was born abroad in the suburbs of Pardubice, Czechia. Growing up, he was highly criticized in school for his very un-Czech last name, a byproduct of his Canadian father along with his Czech mother. Alex, in an effort to be less teased by his classmates, joined his local hockey and soccer teams, playing forward and goalkeeper respectively. He was quite good at both, earning tryout and signing as an academy student for FC Pardubice for three years between the ages of 10 and 13. After leaving the FC Pardubice academy by his own volition, Alex applied and was accepted to North Indiana Prep, where he attended high school for 4 years, graduating at 17 before being drafted by the Colorado Raptors in the fourth round. Despite his obvious talent which showed with almost 70 points in 40 games as a senior, there were concerns that European soccer would come calling for Winters, leading to his slide in the draft. He chose hockey in the end, the Raptors got a steal at 31, and Winters turned that into being a first round pick in the SHL draft and currently represents the Czechs as Captain of the national team. WC: 199

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Ever since before he was born Noah Andros' father knew that he wanted his son to be a hockey player, however it was apparent at an extremely young age that Noah was absolutely terrible at anything sports related. Once Noah was born his Dad put him in skates faster than he could learn to walk, despite this Noah couldn't skate on his own until he was 8 years old; He spent make hockey peewee hockey games holding onto the boards while everyone else skated by him. Noah couldn't stick handle anything, in fact, he didn't get his first assist until he was 11 and it wasn't until he was 14 that he scored his first goal. With all that said, it was obvious Noah had different ambitions. Noah had a passion for makeup, all he's every wanted to do was start a makeup youtube channel. His father denied his passion though, and to this day Noah still goes home after hockey practice every day and gets himself beautiful.
(173 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Tibuk Soonika has been in pads for as long as he can remember. It started with his father encouraging him to watch old hockey games because they had "more life to them", what Tibuk picked up from these games was that being a stand-up goalie was indeed awesome. As a boy he grew up practicing his kick saves and double pad stacks even when the rest of the goalie world was perfecting the butterfly technique. When he was put into hockey very early and as a result was absolutely stomped by everyone because they were a good year older than him. Tibuk always came back though and that endearing spirit has stuck with him through his career. While Tibuk has also mastered elements of the Butterfly his heart will always remain with old school hockey which he also continues to implement to this day. Tibuk's use of Stand-up techniques have also given him huge balls, big enough to get this post over the 150 word limit.

syndicate

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

PBE +3

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 05:21 PM by JMacNCheese.)

Growing up in Tampa, Florida Jmac NCheese watched the local SHL team, the Tampa Bay Barracuda, and after watching one game he was hooked for life on ice hockey! Now being in Florida there was not many opportunities to play hockey where he grew up, mainly soccer and football, but at a young age acquired some roller blades and learned to skate. He convinced some of his friends to play pick-up street hockey but that didn't last a long time because of their love for other sports. By the time high school came around, Jmac was an efficient skater on roller blades mostly but that helped him transition to ice skates when he would go to his local rink (that was an hr away) to practice, skating and stick handling. Moved to Brandon, Florida after his freshman year of high school to a school that had a hockey team. Quickly caught on to the game and had an alright first year, but the boy could skate! Jmac's skating ability found him playing more of a 2-way role and he loved it. After an amazing junior year of high school, Jmac started to get looked at by the US Hockey National Team Development Program where he would join them over the summer and really learn the game. Wasn't too much longer that he would be drafted 18th overall by the Detroit Falcons, a SMJHL team, and after one season was drafted into the SHL by the Minnesota Chiefs 13th overall. This was a dream come true for Jmac NCheese, and he cannot wait to step onto the ice as a professional hockey player in the SHL. But that time will come, and he is determined to run with the Falcons and win the 4-Star Cup!

Chiefs Falcons (294 words) Falcons Chiefs

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Joe K’s childhood playing career started like most kids’ from South Buffalo, NY: playing youth hockey at Cazenovia Ice Rink, just a scant 2 miles from his childhood home. For whatever reason, the cut off each age group was a June 30th birthday, meaning that Joe K and his July 4th birthday allowed him to be one of the oldest and biggest kids in his group. Already a larger child, this helped Joe K dominate in his youth, and he did the one thing he loved to do: Score goals. And he did it often. His on ice vision and positioning had him noticed by prep schools at an early age, but he didn’t want to leave his friends. As a result, he played for his club team and his high school team until he was 17. That’s when the young sniper with the quick hands had to decide what was next for his future. He chose to enter the S30 SMJHL Entry Draft, and thus began his pretty good run through the SHL. (174)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Brennan Kennedy Jr was destined for greatness in the SHL since birth. Being born to former superstar turned bust Brennan Kennedy was a big help for Jr as he was constantly around the rink before his father went AWOL on the league. Learning to play a skilled game from hois father was a big help, but Kennedy Jr looked to always be a bit bigger then his father was at the same age and he gravitated towards defense to make use of his big body. He looked like a natural the first time he stepped on the ice, and putting a stick in his hands was just like a second nature for him and it became an extension of his hands. From a very young age it looked like Kennedy Jr was destined for greatness and he has lived up to, if not exceeded all expectations that were placed on him.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

eko van otter grew up either as a river otter or as just a regular guy, and i'm not really sure which is true (i don't really care which is true) so uhhh either he grew up as an otter who never really played hockey as a child because he was an otter and otters don't know how to play hockey so he would've had nowhere to learn it from nor play it with, or he grew up as a regular human child and did the typical route of playing some hockey as a child and he had a natural skill for the game since I think at one point I said his father was a pro hockey player in the Netherlands and Norway so if this is the case then EVO grew up with hockey in the household 24/7 and he was dangling and shit from a young age and emerged pretty early as a clear future star taking after his old man.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Artemi Berezin grew up like most Russian kids, loving the game of hockey and playing it from an early age. Berezin stood out among some of his friends and moved his way up the ranks of hockey, going from House League all the way to AAA hockey in a matter of years. His skating was his biggest asset, that’s why he is still playing to this day in the SHL. And like every other kid at that level, Artemi dreamed of making the next level, and definitely would love a shot in North America, or fall back to the KHL if he needed.

Well one day, on a regular scouting trip to Russia, Roman Morenov of the Montreal Milita, and former SHLer, saw Berezin play and knew he needed to get him on the team. That next draft, Artemi was taken in the second round and began his SHL journey in the now extinct team of Montreal, and the rest they say is history!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Hockey in Great Britain is ropey, at best. It has picked up in recent years but back when Morgan was getting his start it was a different story. He got his ultimate start after skating with his family at just 7 years old and quickly picked up. He was shortly enrolled into the Coventry Blaze's youth program and made strides moving up the levels quicker almost all of his peers. Before he knew it he found himself in Great Britain junior teams. Expanding his horizons with new players enhanced his play to new and higher levels. As he approached his teens he was looking to be a serious dark horse coming out of Great Britain to perhaps even challenge the North American market. This was a key stage in his youth and he needed to keep up the pace if he ever wanted to make it big across the pond.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Mikulak grew up watching his older brother and his friends play on a pond behind his house. From a young age he had always wanted to play with them and so he trained as hard as he could, eventually he was good enough to play with them, usually subbing in for whatever position they had a hole in, whether that be a winger, defenseman, or even goaltender, though he only played as a goalie on a few occasions and never played centre due to his smaller size. Eventually his size and speed would lead him to be a winger every time he played. His skills playing against players who were older and larger than him eventually got him on his first junior club and from there he ended up being scouted for the SMJHL and drafted in the 4th round of the S45 SMJHL Entry Draft by the Vancouver Whalers. Which put him on the path of becoming an SHL Star.

So here's the issue with tasks like these when you're an Aittokallio. Everybody already knows. I've been special. I will always be special. From birth, people have projected that I was going to be a savior of sorts. People were confident that I'd be an absolute superstar. And why wouldn't they? I have a Hall of Fame father. At the time, my brother was tearing up the junior circuit and on the way to a very successful career for the Manhattan Rage winning a couple of Challenge Cups of his own.

I had no choice other than to be a superstar at a young age, hanging out with all the pros. Uncle Nurmi was a hero to me. Lucas Smith was a close friend of the family. Theo Kane was my idol. Then my brother got into the league as my dad bowed out and I became close with Wyatt Wollker, Harry Hans. I spent time with some of the greatest minds in SHL history and learned the ropes from them.

So from the very beginning, I've been destined to be special and great. And everyone has always known it.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE