Create Account

S52 PT #1 - The Anthology Vol. I

Tony Pepperoni was introduced to hockey by his Uncle Tommy Salami. Tony was extremely interested because he loved his uncle. It looked like Salami was going to be a big star and Tony often bragged about how his uncle was going to destroy the SHL. Well after a very good rookie season things seemed to fall off a cliff for Salami. His friends started making fun of Tony because his Uncle was such a bust. Tony loved hockey and was extremely gifted from a very early age. He wondered if he should just give up and if he was doomed to the same fate as his uncle. After much deliberation, Tony decided that he should continue to play hockey but he also agreed that he would never be complacent, never be happy with where he was because everyone might catch up to him if he stopped trying to get better. He even became quite jaded for a while getting upset when people would bring up or compare him to his uncle. At this point, Pepperoni has moved on from the complex and very few people would dare compare him to his Uncle.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

At a young age Atlas Rush had yet to discover hockey yet and had his focus was on Olympic Wrestling. One Day after practice Atlas saw his next door neighbor Alex getting picked on by some members of the Lacrosse team. Alex has Autism and was getting picked on because of it. Atlas quickly intervened and put himself between Alex and the bullies. Atlas did not say a word the bullies stared at him for a second before trying to move around him to get to Alex again. Atlas kept himself between Alex and the Bullies. Once the Bullies realized they weren't able to get to Alex without having to go through Atlas quickly realized that would be a losing battle and left. The Coach of the Hockey team witness this interaction and approached Atlas afterward to see if he would be interested in doing something similar on the ice.

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Growing up in Japan, hockey wasn't apart of my life until I was fourteen when I had stumbled across a hockey game by chance. I was amazed immediately. I couldn't believe people could play a game so physical and skillfully while on the ice. Right then and there I knew that was what I wanted to do with my life. When I first began I was horrendous, could barely go a few feet before falling, but I put in the work. I would spend hours everyday after school to practice ice skating and when I finally mastered it enough to effectively play hockey I began practicing my skills at that too. Initially I wanted to be a flashy forward so I practiced my shooting and puck handling first. Unfortunately I quickly began to realize forward was just not meant to me so someone had suggested I try to become a defenseman after watching me practice for a while. To my surprise that was the correct move and I began to practice my positioning, reading the offense, passing, and stick checking. The first year or so of playing real hockey games was rough but I slowly began to get the hang out of it and eventually became one of the best in my area at the age of 18. That was when I got a call to play in the SMJHL, a fresh faced recruit who quite honestly wasn't up to par with everyone else.

Early in Luke's life, he was born in the Czech Republic and he was born in a semi poor-middle class village right outside of a major city. He first played hockey when he was 3 and continued to play all of his life of course. He had old equipment that has been passed down from his older brothers, so nothing really fit luke, but he still excelled as a hockey player. As he kept on getting older, his skill grew as he played all day and all night in hockey, and his life was hockey. As he started growing up more, there were scouts that saw Luke play and wanted to get him into a higher skill playing level. So Luke played for his town hockey team then moved to a larger village's hockey team. When he was 17 he moved over to the SMJHL To play hockey to then get drafted to the SHL and thats how he grew up

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Luca was not aiming to become a hockey player in his childhood. Hailing from Milan in Italy, he grew up watching the great AC Milan years and dreaming of being a professional football (soccer) player for his favourite team. In fact, it wasn’t until he was on vacation in the Tyrol mountains (between Italy & Austria) when he was 11 that he encountered hockey. Ever so curious, Luca got to try skating and eventually playing hockey. He wasn’t a bad goalie at football and, wanting to try goaltending in hockey as well, he fell in love with the sport and position.

From that day, came 6 years of learning the sport and the position through the Italian junior leagues, culminating in a few national titles. It was never going to be a career worth pursuing and more of a hobby until the SMJHL scouts came knocking at the door. Supported by both his parents to chase a new dream, Luca crossed the Atlantic and sought out to make a name for himself in a land that he had never been to before.

(182 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Slip McScruff's journey to the SHL did not start out through hockey.  From a young age, Slip wanted to be a professional wrestler.  He practiced all the finishers with various stuffed animals around the house, much to the chagrin of his parents who had to replace much of their furniture on a regular basis.  He apparently did not make much of those dreams, as he attended a trade school and became a plumber.  However, he did idolize one particular wrestler, El Scruffo.  El Scruffo performed a lot of indie shows around where-ever Slip lived at the time but Slip was never able to catch him live.

After a controversial match inside an abandoned hockey arena, El Scruffo mysteriously disappeared and Slip McScruff started showing up on the scouting radars in men's league play.  The disappearance of El Scruffo did nothing to temper Slip's love of wrestling, but it noticeably carried over into his raw hockey style.  His over the top hitting technique caught the eye of St. Louis scouts and the rest is SMJHL history.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 04:17 PM by Leppish.)

Geoff Moore grew up in Trenton, New Jersey and he got into hockey at the young age of 6, thanks to the New Jersey Devils and his family being huge fans. Moore began to practice ice-skating first and after a year of just skating, he started to practice hockey with his dad and brothers when he was 7 years old. Moore was rough at the start, he was having a hard time keeping the puck on stick and his shots were about as hard as a wet piece of bread. Gradually he started improving, as he got more interested at playing Defense than forward thanks to his favourite player. At age 11 Moore was getting pretty good, entering a kids league and becoming one of the best U-15 Players in his area. By age 13 Moore's name began to pop up in social media and local news outlets, touted as a future superstar. Shockingly, at age 15 Moore announced he was not looking to enter the NHL, but wanted to join the SHL instead, saying that he has the opportunity to make more money and be a bigger star there than the NHL.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

When I began as young athlete in Czech Republic, my interest was not in hockey originally. My passion grew for the sports of fighting. Wrestling, mixed martial arts, anything where I could hit the opposition. When I moved to America, I became the Heavyweight Champion of the World Fighting League. However, when career there became stale, I looked for new path to take. The I wanted a new sport where I could be an elite athlete and still hit people, but be a part of a team. So much of my sporting career I was fighting just for myself, so I wanted to try working as a group. So I dedicated next year and a half to learning how to skate and use stick properly. I can check and fight and get in way of shot from other team well, but still much to learn. My love of the sport has grown since joining. Nothing satisfies urge to fight like standing on ice with knives strapped to feet, hitting another man into the boards.

Disisde Dayudie does not remember the day he first picked up a stick. He however do remember when he first picked up a sword. At the age of 3 he first picked up a Wakizashi, the smaller of the two swords in the daisho combination. Even as a little boy Disisde was very skilled in the art of waving a sharp object around. At age 6 he got his very first Katana. The longer blade did not make him less deadly though, quite the opposite. At a later date he got to try a spear, and again he was a master at his art. One day he saw some of the other kids use weird shoes with blades on them, holding sticks with curved ends. He went down to them holding his katana, wanting to join in. He was instructed on the game of "Ice Hockey", and was offered a stick and a pair of the sword-shoes. From that day he was hooked.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Peter has previously revealed that he started ice hockey as a young dane, as the kid who could skate and was athletic ush, but was never quite good enough to stand out. Think a middle of the pack pick on the pick up pond hockey games, not first chosen but never last. He was the classic roster player, playing a defensive defensman role. Third/forth pair minutes, which of course meant he wasn’t getting that much ice time to make or show improvements. He was looking likely to leave the skates behind after school and concentrate on study.

It was a chance need for a first team goalie at an exhibition game that had the “emergency” (I’ve worn goalie pads before to help with shooting practice) Peter Larson was put into the game as the team’s starting (only) netminder. The team won, with Peter having put in a decent if not spectacular game, letting three past him but also making some nice saves along the way. Along with an encouraging comment from a SHL player that happened to be watching and the rest is history. Rising star of the danish leagues for two seasons, before heading to the smjhl...

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Henrik Lundqvist Jr. was hooked on hockey forever thanks to his dad who is the Great Henrik Lundqvist. He wanted to be just like him and started as a goalie but it did not work at all, he didn't quite have the knack for tracking pucks and being really flexible. But he liked skating and being out there and trying to make a name for himself and to be remembered like the original Henrik Lundqvist was. He worked really hard to get better and soon was doing great at scrimmages. his speed on his skates was practically speed skating level and that was a gift, and he always had great hands and vision. The one goalie skill he did inherit was his reaction time, he could think fast and make the right move just like Henrik Lundqvist could in net and that put him a step ahead of the pack. Lundqvist Jr. had the genes of a star and made use of it.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

Commander Shepard did not grow up playing hockey like many of his fellow players. As many of you know Commander Shepard is from another dimension of time where he was a super cyborg and part of a special group of intergalactic special forces. Shepard’s first experience in hockey came when he was a kid around the age of 8 growing up in the slums of Vancouver where he would sometimes get glimpses of NHL games at bars or some buddies places. From then on he always wished he could be a star athlete which he channeled into his time as Captain of the Normandy. Shepard would go on to try out for the N-7 Junior Hockey Team during his time training in the N-7 Junior Academy at 12. This team competed on a intergalactic scale against other species’ junior hockey teams. Shepard loved the sport and it came to him naturally as many things did for him in his life time. However Shepard never had the opportunity to play professionally as his Navy career took over at age 18.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Kata Vilde was never destined to be a hockey player. He wanted to follow in the footsteps of his famous father Randy Macho Man Savage and become a professional wrestler. Being illegitimate however he was never really able to go on tour with his father and pick up any training. He basically only was at the wrestling matches when they came to Europe. This didn't leave alot of time and since all his friends were skaters if he wanted to fit in he had to learn how to skate. Problem was he couldn't skate for shit. he did however have pretty quick reflexes so they decided to stick him at goalie so he'd have a place to play. He quickly got the hang of it and soon his friends were asking him to join their youth team. Vilde excelled here as well and started to get a love for the game. While his heart may always be a professional wrestler like his dad, his athletic ability has led him to be a pretty darn good goalie in the SHL.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Daniel Bischoff was not meant to be a hockey player. Growing up in Davos, there was a lot of hockey all around him while he was growing up and his father used to regularly take him to the games. He hated going to watch the games though. Hockey was a boring sport and it was hard to follow the puck from one end of the huge rink to the other, especially with it moving so fast. It was also too cold. His parents however, were very insistent that he play some kind of sport outside of school. He wanted to play football but hated practising and he hated games too where he just stood around on the pitch. Instead, his father signed up for hockey and it was okay. It was a lot more fun playing the game on the ice than it was watching from the stands. And that is how Daniel Bischoff ended up playing hockey every day.

Growing up in the cold city of St. Petersberg Russia, Jakub Bruchevski showed skills at an early age that would be a precursor to the skill he would show in the SHL. Born into a family already known for their athleticism, Jakub's mom being the starting Goalie for the Russian Women's National Team, and his farther a former soccer star. Jakub combine skills from both parents that lead to him dominating the junior hockey circuit. Jakub was so good that junior coaches in Moscow tried to recruit the young Bruchevski into moving and joining their teams. Jakub's parents refused to leave St. Petersberg which lead to his team being able to compete with the big name junior teams in Moscow like CSKA Moscow's youth team. What made Bruchevski was his ice in his veins / snake like approach, he would score without warning from impossible angles, it would take 2 or 3 kids to knock him off the puck, and almost never lost a race to a free puck. Before going overseas to play professional, Bruchevski leads the countries junior leagues in game winning goals under 2 mins remaining and overtime. What made Bruchevsk a star in Russia was his ability to combine his abilities passed down from his parents with an I will not be beaten attitude.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]