Create Account

S52 PT #3 - What's Your Fantasy?

My update to add to the fantasy index would definitely be to add trolling level. I feel a lot of people on the site have a great troll game, and it's a nice factor that adds a little spice to the mix. Pretty hard to regulate, but maybe have a weekly poll on the site that everyone can vote in to vote the troll of the week. Whoever gets voted the most gets an extra ten points added to their fantasy total for the season. It's not a huge boost, but it would make it a little more interesting and create some swings in who is winning. And to kinda balance it out, add a niceness factor to be voted in addition. Both receive the same amount of points. Let's get shitty, and kind, and get those fantasy wins with the bonus of mad TPE gains. I see absolutely no issue with this suggestion and am sure it will be fair and balanced.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

my fantasy is to get raw dogged by eko van otter

[Image: 3.png]

PBE CW

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I'm a fan of the off-ice additions to a league and I'd be a fan of adding random activity based metrics to fantasy tabulations (I mean... not actually... but for fun) like how many discord emotes used per day, or how many forum posts users are making, or the average word length in their PT submissions. The obvious problem is once it's known that these things are being tracked for fantasy points, users could obviously jack up their own stats and it's no longer natural or genuine. So I don't really think anything performance-based would work. One way around this is some sort of submission plus consensus vote - for example, everybody submits one song of their choosing, everybody votes on what song they like best, votes are tabulated, whoever gets votes gets points. One week could be songs, the next week candy, the next week vegetables. Everything would be anonymized. It'd be a tough balance between submitting something you like vs. submitting something you think everyone else will like vs. submitting something you think would be unique.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I would like to see a few stats added to the list of attributes if we are trying to get closer to representing real hockey players.  The one that I think would be best would be a play maker stat.  In the game there are some players that are clutch when their team needs them.  These are the players that make everyone on the ice better when they are out there.  This stat would ideally be able to account for that by modifying the stats of everyone else on the ice in their play maker category (defense or offense).  This would allow players to have a greater impact on the game if they focus on that stat.  It could also allow some people to be 'team guys' who do not excel in any particular category but are the glue the can propel championship teams to win the cup.  I have no idea if this is possible but it would be pretty cool.

Code:
162 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Written Option #1

I have been participating in Yahoo fantasy leagues for about 7-8 years now. One of the leagues I'm in is a Dynasty league with a bunch of friends with a mix of a few randoms in there. Fun fact, the one and only Dart Guy is actually in that league (joined before he went viral). Every year we review the stats we use and do voting on if we want anything changed. Something we've always kind of discussed as something that would be very neat for Yahoo to add would be advanced statistic categories. Unfortunately, that has not been added yet, however, it would be very cool to see that applied to SHL Fantasy. Having categories for CF%, xG, WAR, and GSAA, for example, would add another layer to fantasy. Having these stats tracked would be beneficial for the league outside of fantasy as well. It would give more incite into which players, teams, lines, etc... are truly dominating.

Falcons Canada

Going into the new sim engine is going to cause a lot of chaos in my opinion in all aspects of the site. For fantasy I believe this opens up a way for fantasy to revamp itself and become even better than what it is. For me I feel like plus/minus should be added into the fantasy pool. A lot of great players on bad teams end up having bad plus or minus but nobody seems to care for it. Having a great plus/minus shows that the player is doing well on the ice and not getting scored one while on the cie. For it to be scored just make it when it goes up it’s a +1 when it goes down by one -1. It wouldn’t be the most difficult or groundbreaking add to fantasy. However, nobody seems to care for the stat to begin with so I feel like adding it to Fantasy would make more people look at it.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

As much as I love delivering big hits out on the ice, I'm not sure how relevant they really are to being successful for your team. Likewise, I'm not sure that firing a bunch of shots at the net just for fantasy purposes is really a meaningful contribution either. I'd really like to see some more accurate measures of performance on both sides of the ice added in without removing the core ideas of directly causing or preventing goals. One thing in particular that could be interesting in moving over to FHM is adding takeaways and giveaways, with giveaways causing players to lose points for the first time. I could also see incorporating something like average rating but at a per game level, where an "average" rating earns 0, anything above that earns some points, and anything below that loses some points. I think the goal should be to capture as many of these all-around categories as possible, so that fantasy is about actually picking the best players instead of the current system which (through no fault of anyone but STHS I might add) requires choosing players with particular skillsets over everyone else in order to succeed.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

I would really like to see "Creativity" added to the stat sheet. I don't know if its a feasible thing to program, but essentially the way it would work is that creativity is the likelihood that your player will try something different in any given play. Things like Michigan-style goals, maybe an interesting deke, between the legs goals, and things like that. These are "Creative Moves" that have a certain success rate based on your other stats and your success in the past. So if your player has high puck handling and high creativity, he is more likely to "dangle" players and more likely to succeed, whereas a low creativity high puck handling player would be less likely to try something crafty, but would be successful at it if he did. Finally, a high creativity low puck handling player would try stuff all the time, but would not be as successful. The players other stats impact which moves the player will try. A player with high scoring would try more goal-related moves, a player with good skating might deke someone on the breakaway.

When there's a system the player plays in, creativity would be how often the player breaks from that system AND how well the player reacts to other players doing something unexpected too. Maybe "Improv" is a better word for it. Some of my favorite players are really creative, Datsyuk and particular.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I think more position centric stats for fantasy would make for a much more interesting experience overall, since as it stands STHS only gives us a really small pool of stats to pull from and makes it so that its almost always better to just take the most offensively gifted players at any position. We already have Hits for physically-oriented players, or shots blocked for more defensive players, why not push that further? P/20 could make later round rookie picks more viable, allowing fantasy players to take chances on players they believe will be successful in their roles. Takeaways is a huge stat that would add another interesting wrinkle to how users build their fantasy teams, and even adding secondary stats that are weighted less like +/- would shake the dynamic up a lot. Do you take your chance on the guy who is gonna put up points, but plays for a middling team and torches your +/-, or do you pick the more moderate scorer because his +/- is safer? All of this could really breathe new life into SHL Fantasy

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

I'd like to see stuff such a Goals Against Average added for goalies, I think that would make me more valuable in fantasy. As it stands, I don't face many shots, so when i let in one or two goals, the save percentage is terrible. I'd like to see GAA added because I usually do only let in one or two, and my GAA is usually pretty high up league-wise. It would give a nice reward to the goalies on good teams who don't get blown out all the time. Cainer should really be a fantasy god and I am sick of people taking manhattan goalies and LA goalies when they suck in reality. Fuck those guys fr how come they get to play better with lower tpe. I swear to god if im bad in FHM imma blow up the league i dont even care am i at 150 words yet

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I think it would be interesting to see giveaways/takeaways count towards fantasy. Sure, your player may put up 60 points in a season, but if he gets the puck taken away every other possession then he should be losing some points in fantasy. It also gives the defenders another category to gain points with takeaways after a big hit, since their point totals always tend to be lower, it would give them an area to make some ground up on the power forwards that get points in every current category. Another option for fantasy tracking could be high percentage scoring opportunities, getting .5 points for a good scoring opportunity could give some lesser name players some good options for getting points. They may not be great at getting goals, but being in the right position for attempts is another feat on its own. It would really open up the field for some dark horses

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

For me, this is easy. If we want to bring back enforcers and give players a reason to drop mitts and get chippy, we need more detailed fighting stats. I'm talking in-depth analytics on fights, not just fights won or lost. We need stats for punches landed, punches taken, teeth that you've knocked out, teeth that you've gotten knocked out, this thing should be a full-blown boxing simulator. But we can go further than this, we all know that the job of a good enforcer is not just fighting, so we need more detailed stats. How many face washes did you give out in front of your net, how many scrums did you start, how many intimidating comments did you give out that made other players fear for their lives when going into the corner with you. These are the kind of stats that would make Milan Lucic's of the world relevant again.

[Image: 4bGW0Vw.png]

PBE username is Kahn

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I think adding some stuff based on pools wouldn't be a bad idea, and they add plus-minus and fights and penalty minutes as stats to add to your point total, that might be worth exploring. I would generally support a re-working of the points scale too to value goals a lot more and assists a bit more, cause the fantasy meta seems to be really hit-centric. Fantasy should be more about picking a talented team, rather than grit per 60 leaders who happen to score often enough to get by. For goaltenders I'd suggest adding assists maybe, or....... penalty shot saves? Sure, why not.

For off-ice categories, I suggest adding money earned stats, quality shitposts stats (obvious with a penalty for shitposts with a lack of quality), and flaming the least favourite team in the league stats. Also anyone with a 2000 TPE player gets an automatic bonus, and everyone who works for the maligned meme that is head office gets a minus 69 point penalty (or maybe minus 420 point penalty). All of these ideas would be well-received by approximately 2 people, which means we should totally do it Tongue

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332