Create Account

S52 WFT #4 - Make The Case

[Image: judge_jerry_photo_from_nbcu_crop.jpg]

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
Task: Choose 1 or more of the topics below. Begin your task with the word 'For' or 'Against' and then make the case for whichever side you chose! If you see somebody spouting off some BS in their response, respond to their response with 'BS!' and counter them!
Every user who responds with a 'For', 'Against' or 'BS!' that meets the 25+ word criterion will receive 1 capped TPE; 10 or so people will be chosen as Participation+ members and will receive an additional uncapped TPE for demonstrating active argumentative fervor!
Deadline: 11:59pm ET on Sunday, February 23rd

Code:
Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

Code:
An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

Code:
Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

Code:
This is the most wide-open MVP race in the past 5 seasons

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons

Code:
With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history

Code:
Peter Larson should be taking home the McBride award for the league's top goalie

Code:
The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup

Code:
Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I am FOR Peter Larson taking home the McBride on account of how I think he's really good and just generally deserves good things. trophies are good, ergo,

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

For. This isn’t very surprising, Hamilton is the team that on average has the players with the highest scoring, defense, and puckhandling while having the lowest skating and passing. They should definitely be the favourites to win again!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins

I don't think it should be goal differential either as much as ROW is a terrible tie breaker. I think simply regulation wins(much like the NHL has now) would work or even if 2 teams are tied after that to go to the head to head tie breaker. Goal differential should be like 4th down the list of tie breakers.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

#JODAN SHALL REIGN SUPREME ACROSS THE SIMULATION HOCKEY LEAGUE BY WINNING THE JEFF DAR TROPHY BECAUSE HE'S THAT GOOD
IN FACT, HE WILL WIN THE GOALIE AWARDS TOO BECAUSE HE'S THAT GOOD
CCII FOR PRESIDENT 2K20

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 10:59 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Against, that is if Hamilton plays Calgary. cause if there is ANYONE that can crack the code it is the managerial icon coach Steelhead. and Id LOVE to see that as a final STHS matchup!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Against: The Carolina Kraken will not be taking home the Four Star Cup. That is because it will instead be going to the Anaheim Outlaws. They finished in fourth place, sure, but they were just one point away from being tied for first. That’s pretty impressive. Behind excellent forward play and what hopes to be a lockdown playoff performance from Storm Chamberlain in net, Anaheim will be hoisting the “piece of metal” when it’s all said and done.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Against because as we all know Calgary will take it all at seasons end. To good of a team to let this one slip away from them. Plus they drafted me so I have to root for them to win it all.

[Image: trey.png]

Code:
Peter Larson should be taking home the McBride award for the league's top goalie

Peter Larson has been destroying this season. Having 5 shutouts and 24 wins as the starting goalie for Manhattan. It also has a 2.66 Goals Against Average and having the top save percentage. Larson is a shoo-in for the McBride award.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Code:

FOR, or rather I would consider it very likely, because I don't wanna jinx things by talking in absolutes lol. In adding Flacko Lagerfield and Knute Knurtsson via trades, plus nabbing Sophia Bennett in free agency, Hamilton bolstered an already young and impressive squad even further. Having scored the most goals in the league, Hamilton is once again proving to be a major offensive threat, however defensively the team has been very shaky, setting the stage for what should be an interesting playoffs for the defending champs.

They would obviously have an easier go of things against Toronto over likely round two opponent Buffalo, who would easily be able to go toe-to-toe with them in a 7 game series. Same can be said for Chicago or Manhattan, who have had close season series' against the Steelhawks in the regular season. As for the finals, the rock-solid defense of Edmonton or San Francisco could prove a major obstacle should Hamilton make it there and things play out as expected. SFP in particular combine great offence, defense and goaltending, so they will be a formidable foe for anyone, but Hamilton has a squad that loves the occasion of the playoffs and will be hungry for a repeat, so I will say yeah, we can get it again!

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 11:50 PM by notoriousTRON.)

Code:
The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup

AGAINST. The Kracken have a great team, yes particularly at forward but they are a bit weak on the blue line. My case against the Kracken actually has more to do with the Anaheim Outlaws. Despite several players under-performing (yours truly included) the Outlaws finished just one point out of first place. The pieces that made them preseason favorites are still there. Owens, Maximus, and Zimmerman may all be in the SHL next season and they also have additional great young veteran talent in Petrenko, Pritchard, Carragher, Bale and of course Goalie and brick wall Strom Chamberlain. This is not even to mention a crop of active and TPE earning rookies. The Outlaws are stacked this season and now that the playoffs are here, Simon will finally give them respect. (and hopefully luck). That's right, I'm predicting the Outlaws will be hoisting the Four Star Cup for the 2nd time in team history.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history:

Easeclap this is the nicest thing ive seen so far. with so many files lost as well I don't think there is any contenders in the past 51 seasons. Im so confidant, I didn't even look.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

AGAINST.

Only reason I say this is because there are 10 teams that make the playoffs. If I had the choice of taking the 9 others or HAM, I'll always take the 9 others. I do believe Hamilton has the best chance to win the Challenge Cup, but if I had to choose, I'll take the field to go up against them.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP

1000% FOR: Karrlo Kekkonen had been a monster this season, he leads points by 7 and shots by 35. In his 3 years he had increased his point total by an average of  72% each season, if you were continue that trend next year he should get 107 points. Which should not be a problem for Kekkonen.

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Quote:Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

The words Toronto and magical don't even go together. Buffalo has experience as past Cup winners and "magic" is fleeting. Buffalo in 6, mark my words.