Create Account

S52 WFT #4 - Make The Case

Im totally FOR the statement that Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons because they are a top notch team and has a lot to show. It is just pure luck if the rival team manages to beat them, because they are the best team that fans could ask for.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons.

For: Edmonton is going back to the finals baby. They have an experienced team that is talented enough to make another run. They may not win it all but you'll see them in the big show again this season.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons

Edmonton will make the finals again because the West just doesn't really have any other teams that look like they can do it over Edmonton. San Fran looks to be the best competitor and recent history shows they aren't the major powerhouse.

Code:
42 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

For. Hamilton has had yet another great season and even though they haven't won a game against the Specters this season, that doesn't really matter because the Specters won't even make it to the finals probably.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP

It's true. Detroit is at the top of the standings and having a hell of a year in large part due to Kekkonen. He's simply been a monster on offense with 29 goals and 33 assists. Nobody else can touch him in terms of points, it's as simple as that. This offensive powerhouse would probably give just about any team the best regular season record.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

02-22-2020, 11:45 PMToivo Wrote: Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

BS Wins are what matter the most, and I'm for keeping it that way. I think prioritizing goal differential would make it more about who can run up the scoresheet against the lesser teams.
Against. There is no way that you can predictably run up the score even on lesser teams. Goal differential is a more accurate predicter of how good a team really is in comparison to all the others in the league.

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

Against: Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

Mostly I'm against this because, when the rules line up with the NHL, the 95% of the league who cares about hockey in general has a much easier time remembering what the rules are. Every time we have a little change like this, you'll have people getting confused. Also, shootouts suck and are largely chance, or at most are won or lost due to the skill of a handful of players - that shouldn't count as much as a regular win, and it does in most ways so this slight differentiator seems fair.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Code:
Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

Against: Throwing aside the obvious bias from people who are mad the missed the playoffs, ROW's has been the way playoff hockey has been decided for a long time IRL and the SHL is no exception. Also if you wanted to be in the playoffs, you should have won more games. Doesn't matter if you can outscore a bunch of other teams if you can't finish when it's needed.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons

This is absolutely the case. The Edmonton roster hasn't gotten any worse, other than through regression, and many of the younger players have continued to steadily improve. Tommy Tuck continues to be a brick wall in the net, and I honestly feel that goalie play is the most important factor of playoff hockey.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Hamilton is the best team in the league and has the best chance of winning the Challenge Cup. However, anything can happen in the playoffs, and with this being the last season of STHS, I can see some classic Simon T upsets in these playoffs

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

FOR: Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

Yeah I’m on board with this one. Hamilton found a way to break SimonT and the team bought into it. I think the league is just phoning it in this season and waiting for the move to FHM, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Hamilton takes another cup in the meantime.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Sure, why not? I mean, good for them, we spent 50 seasons trying to figure out what makes STHS tick, and they found it. It just happens to be the dumbest thing ever, and fortunately we're about to put this shitbox behind us and move on. But yeah. They'll win again.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

I'm against this position but I do believe that we will see something magical and I will explain. The heavily favored Stampede will come out overconfident and underestimate Toronto who will come out hungry for blood and taking advantage of the Stampede's lethargic play. Toronto will play very physically and by repeatedly laying the body, they will tire out Buffalo's offense. Toronto's offense will also start to really click at the right time but superstar goalie Cedric Robinson will still steal a few games for Buffalo. The series will enter into an exciting game 7 with odds 50/50 on whether Toronto can pull off the upset or if Cedric Robinson can pull off another amazing showing. It will be halfway through a gritty first period when Mika Kandinsky finds himself on a breakaway charging hard towards Buffalo's net before he's tripped from behind and crashes straight into Robinson. All Buffalo fans will look on anxiously as Robinson is helped off the ice and all hope will look lost as backup goaltender Tobias Lindeman will have forgotten to set his alarm clock and will be nowhere to be found. Buffalo will have no choice but to turn to emergency backup goalie David Ayres for the final game! David Ayres will nervously step onto the ice but quickly settle into rhythm and turn away all 20 shots he faces to help the Stampede move onto the next round.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter

The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup

AGAINST!

Have you seen this Colorado Raptors squad? The line-up is injected with rookies which is why they had a slow start but they've been actively gaining that TPE and the team dominated the later end of the season. They play the best defensive hockey in the league and are the best 5v5 team in the SMJHL. They got a great goalie in the backend as well. This is easily their year.

[Image: O8HREwL.png]

Raptors Canada pride
Player Page - Update Page
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2020, 05:45 PM by MP7.)

The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup.

For: the Kraken will find back in the playoff mode like they did in S49 & S50. They will take home the 3rd cup in 4 seasons because they can do it.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page