Create Account

S52 WFT #4 - Make The Case

The Carolina Kraken will return to glory and hoist the Four Star Cup

FOR

With a solid roster and playoffs being a "new" sim, the Kraken will have their chakras realigned and put up some big playoff wins. Creller needs a 4* Cup

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy
For, while I think it'll be much tougher this season for Hamilton compared to last I still think they're the favorites to win it again and repeat.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

For; Goal difference is less fluky ROW, and better show the quality of teams. It isn't just about scoring goals but keeping pucks out of the net.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Code:

I think this is BS as I stated this earlier this season that I do not expect Hamilton to repeat. I believe that they are going to be tough but I do not see them winning it all.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Code:
An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

For, CC2 is the best player ever. The absolute goat, undisputed best player in this whole league for the past century. Even when he wasn't in the league, was the best

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons

For:

This is going to happen as they have a great core in Edmonton. They have 2 great goalies in Tuck and Spector to add to the offensive threats that the teams have.

Code:
Words: 32

Code:

Against. In my four seasons here this is the tightest the SMJHL have ever been. Four points separate first from seventh, and three teams finished on top with the same points. There is no clear favourite this season, it's completely wide open for the Four Star.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

This is the most wide-open MVP race in the past 5 seasons

FALSE

sorry but obviously the one and only mvp is none other than monkey d luffy from the buffalo stampede and nobody else is gonna come close to that YEET

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Code:
Goal differential should be the regular season tiebreaker instead of Regulation+Overtime Wins (no bias here at all)

Against. Clearly head to head is the superior tie breaker. First head to head points then head to head goal differential. In three way ties you can take average points won in head to head games between all three teams.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Quote:Sound the alarms again - Hamilton is taking home that repeat trophy

For

They can't be stopped. They won't be stopped. They have a deep team that's complete at every position. They have a sim wizard running their lines and strategies (I know, not a lot of nuance with this engine, but regardless). They have the power of a virtually solved engine. They won last season, and finished just one point back of San Francisco in the league standings. They're going to sweep the Panthers in the finals, and an incredible rush of anger from everyone else will slowly fade into optimism over the course of the season as the league moves to FHM.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2020, 09:06 PM by fishy.)

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

Lmfao yeah ok it’s too bad TOR can’t do anything successfully, all thanks to GM @ml002 . This guy can’t even tank properly, and now that they’ve gotten into the playoffs, they’re gonna be swept. Can’t tank, can’t win a playoff series, TNS needs to rebrand to get rid of the Toronto curse.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Code:

For. I don't think the bandaid was enough to stop them, despite the changes made they still have one of the largest SC/PA gaps in the league and on top of that most of their young core improved over the off season, they also made some big additions like adding Flacko Lagerfield and they should repeat barring an upset.

Code:
Toronto's magical (?) run will continue and see them upset Buffalo in the wild card round

Against. SimonT's voodoo, which has for some reason seemed to help out Toronto more than others in the last 5 seasons, always runs out in the playoffs and it should be no different this season as I'd be shocked if the Stampede don't wipe the floor with them in the WC.

Code:
An every-season staple: Cameron Carter II will take home his second DAR AWARD #JODAN

For. The only realistic challenger for CC2's crown is Andreas Kvalheim as nobody else came close to these two in 2-way play this season but even at that I really don't think that Kvalheim's season was good enough to knock CC2 off his throne and he should go back to back with the Dar.

Code:

Against. Row is always the way to go here. The objective is to win games and so a 2-1 win should ultimately help you as much as a 5-1 win in a tiebreaker unless the 2-1 win came in a shootout. Goal differential could be one of the later tie breakers but the main one should always be Row.

Code:

For. It's much closer than usual at the top this season as in the past 5 seasons even when there was more than one obvious winner, there would never be more than 2-3 contenders for it while this season there are easily 5-6 players up there who can all make a good case to take home the Mexico.

Code:
Edmonton will make the finals for the 3rd time in 4 seasons

Against. This is SFP's year, all signs point to it after the regular season and it seems that with their offseason additions they'll be able to end years of underperforming and go all the way to the finals this season where they may unfortunately blow their chance at a cup to Hamilton, but it definitely won't be Edmonton back there.

Code:
With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history

For. There have been many teams who have had a single nice in one season but the Pride have managed a double nice this season, the only way they could've possible been nicer was if they got the triple nice and had a player with 69 points but that didn't happen so it wasn't maximum nice but still nicer than usual nice.

Code:
Peter Larson should be taking home the McBride award for the league's top goalie

For. While Chris Partridge and Tibuk Soonika may give him a decent run for his money, when it comes down to it his performance will see him just edge them out for the McBride and the young Rage goalie will take home his first major award as he establishes himself as one of the league's top goalies for seasons to come.

Code:

Against. While the Kraken still have a loaded offense, their defense is a pile of horseshit and when it comes down to it, that'll matter against the top teams as other strong offenses will run rampant on them. S52 will not be the year of the Kraken, it will in fact be the year of the Outlaw who are much more balanced on all 3 fronts.

Code:
Kaarlo Kekkonen is a runaway choice for SMJHL MVP

For. This one seems to be a no brainer, Kekkonen had 7 more points than the next best player (last season's MVP Daniel Bischoff) and it almost seems that without his monstrous performance, Detroit would've come nowhere close to the Laurifer trophy which they ended up winning, easy MVP choice there.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

- With 69 points and team leader Charlie Schieck finishing the season with 69 blocked shots, San Francisco just finished the nicest season in SHL history

Between Schieck's flow, his nice number of blocks, and combined with the absolute animals on the team, it is bar none the nicest season in SHL history. This pride of players has come out and put together a president's cup winning season while racking up some great totals, ensuring to dab, and paying homage to 4:20pm every day. This team has worked to be this nice and they have been rewarded with the 69420YOLOBLAZEITSWAG

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

For. It makes more sense and is a much better indicator on well a team played during a season. Bad bounces and bad luck can happen, causing losses where a team should have won. Basing on goal differential would alleviate that problem.

[Image: danglechek.png]

Against: This is not the most wide open MVp race; there is a clear winner and his name is Nicolas Williams. The Specter is the best player in the league and when you look at his outstanding advanced stats you will see that I am right.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread