Create Account

S52 Championship Week

@hotdog , question: Number 11 says to make a poster for the season 50, challenge cup finals. Is that accurate, or should it be S52?
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 09:25 PM by Naosu.)

0. 3 TPE PBE Welfare

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
By now, you're probably familiar with the attributes on FHM, and you likely have some sense of what type of build you're going to be aiming for with your player. What one attribute are you going to focus on most? Of all the attributes in the game, what is your player going to strive to be the absolute best at? Why are you picking that specific attribute above all others?

When I initially created Ryan Shepard, Ryan O’Reilly was one of the players I had in mind as a playstyle. Thankfully with the move to FHM, I’m able to build a player who is similar. When I reach my peak TPE, I currently believe I will have checking as my highest attribute. Defensive read may be a close second. As a two way player, checking sounds extremely useful. It seems to limit what a player on the offensive team can do, whether or not they have the puck. This could potentially induce a lot of turnovers or misplays on the opposing team. I think it will be a great attribute for anyone with a team first mentality.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!

Ryan Shepard has a busy offseason this year, as he’s getting prepared to move up to the SHL. After the heartbreaking defeat against Carolina in round two he took a couple days to gather himself and say his goodbyes to the Kelowna Knights squad. After that he went back to Alberta to visit his parents and watch the conclusion of the SMJHL and SHL playoffs. Once both sets of finals have a victor determined, he will start to get ready for his final WJC tournament. He thinks he will be sticking around with Canada, as his 23&me results came back with a generic “European” background. Depending on the promptness of the WJC tournament, Shepard will start looking for a place to stay in Chicago as he transitions up to the Syndicate. If the WJC tournament starts late he could be distracted with house hunting over the course of the medal rounds. Assuming Canada gets far enough. Finally, he’ll get settled in at Chicago and start his team training camp.

Quote:8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in San Francisco and New York certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc. 

[Image: VlC1eHO.png]

Quote:10. Graphic, 2 TPE
It is well known that SHL user DrunkenTeddy has put in a tremendous amount of work to get things ready for the transition to FHM. For this task, create a thank you card/graphic thanking DT or golden_apricot - or anybody else on the transition team - for their hard work and dedication to the league!

[Image: aFXpP6J.png]

Quote:17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

Sent in

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

03-03-2020, 04:37 PMGeekusoid Wrote: @hotdog , question:  Number 11 says to make a poster for the season 50, challenge cup finals.  Is that accurate, or should it be S52?

52!! Every season there’s 2-3 typos when I first put this post up lol, sorry about that. Fixed

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 06:01 PM by TnlAstatine.)

1. Written, 3 TPE
Clearly the one true timeline that is the best of timelines and also the worst for some, is that one where buffalo won each and every season from the start of time. Sure every other team can come close but ultimately it would see the best team in the world always on top, with fhm we will see that. The rise of the heard is coming and this timeline will finally match up to the true prophecy of the era. Buffalo winning and winning and winning and honestly never stopping until luffy retires (which just won't happen). The tides rise and falls just as sure as shit as buffalo winning championships. This year was a fluke and a great end of the cheat era. Once brains finally matter, tomen will lead buffalo into a dynasty that has never before been seen here on shl. Good luck the entire rest of the league, you will need it.

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Okay well this is kind of a trap because there isnt one end all be all attribute in fhm and all the pros will know that. Lets just talk about how luffy is transitioning his game this offseason and focusing more on one point of his game, and thats becoming a dominant scorer in the shl. The main stats that are going to be foced on here are going to be getting open and shooting accuracy. Luffy is going to be a legend in his own right following the footsteps of overchkin and gonna be leading the mot goals in fhm from here on out. Finding the right spots to be in on the ice and picking top titties all day is going to be the game plan and knowing how hard luffy works day in and day out we know the results are going to be there. So the sniper is going to come around full circle and have most of his stats flatlined but a crank in the sniper attributes primarly get open and accuracy. Luffy is going to be the goalies newest nightmare fuel.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Most Generic Prompt of All Time - what is your player looking forward to in the offseason? What are they planning on doing? Training? Relaxing? Testing free agency? Whatever it is, let us know!
With the end of sths in sight luffy is going to finally take a mental break from yelling at simon through the computer screen as usual. The transition is going to be kind of annoying and kind of tiring trying to figure out each and every persons place on the team going forward with all the changes, so luffy leaves that up to the smart people while he enjoys his vacation from the tough times after losing another playoff series. Speaking of free agency luffys contract is up in buffalo and after sweating for many seasons in the green and gold does luffy have the courage to go back into the toxic locker room for another season with the buffabros? Well i guess we will see who comes knocking this offseason and luffy is joined by a lot of fellow stampederes in the Free Agent Group that wants to run away from lee.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Rage or the Pride would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?
Easily this goes to the boy under the mascot hood in luke thomason. There is not a piece of hardware this kid shouldn't take home be it the defense award or the goalie award, this kid does it all. He is the past the present and the future of the rage and as the name says he is all the rage. Hitting his prime in stride and securing infinite points this season and leading the charge into the post season finals, we see a future hall of famer in the glory days before the glory days are over. We all know he is the mascot too tho.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) 
HELL YEA THAT ACTUALLY SOUNDS REALLY COOL AND UNIQUE. As long as it is in neutral territory so all fans have a chance to attend the games equally, the only shitty thing would be there is really no home team advantage at that point but i really like the initiative to think about the environment and have a cool 2 week long party for all the championship wind down things all in one place. I know the atmosphere of playoff energy in a city and having that for 2 weeks in one place would be amazing in my honest opinion. The logistics would take a bit to figure out tho.

Code:
7. Written, 1-2 TPE
This season ended like a rather funny joke
The Stampede got yeeted and Luffy broke
slash happy we crashed and died
slash mad he lost and then cried
I'm gonna run and hide and go buy a smoke

Dermot and Dylan are both super snails
They are full of hilarious and plentiful fails
they both thick they sick
but they both have tiny dick
While Luffy dick big like a whales.

17. Casual Done +3 tpe

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

gecko

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2020, 08:15 AM by jRuutu.)

By now, you're probably familiar with the attributes on FHM, and you likely have some sense of what type of build you're going to be aiming for with your player. What one attribute are you going to focus on most? Of all the attributes in the game, what is your player going to strive to be the absolute best at? Why are you picking that specific attribute above all others?
Positioning is perhaps the one that I will work on the most, that is such a key skill in hockey and even more so for a defender who might not be as physical as some, be in the right place and use the stick well - should get the job done most of the time at least.

Not sure how likely it will be, but being top level in aggression sounds great, I want to play in the limit all the time, not necessarily with huge hits, but nothing comes for free when you play against me. Constantly doing little dirty plays with the stick, face washes in front of the net etc. (112)

Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

The number one thing on my mind right now is getting ready for regression, that is going to be a pain in the ass once again, but something that needs to be done. After the treatment is over I will relax for a week or two before the training starts again. I have been working hard after New England got eliminated, so hopefully, it won't take too much to get back into top-level condition after the regression and a short break from it all.

Other than that no huge plans, going to visit Finland briefly and say hello to family and friends, the rest of the time I´m in New England. I just finished some construction work in my place, increased the swimming pool size, cost a lot, but now I can finally bring a boat into the pool and sit there. Bit excessive maybe, but when you play hard you need to do swimming pool related activities hard as well. (159)

The SHL is taking a stand and trying to do its part in reducing its carbon footprint. One of the proposed ideas is to eliminate back and forth air travel during the Challenge Cup and Four Star Cup finals and instead hold all 4-7 games in one neutral, rotating location a la the Super Bowl. Are you FOR or AGAINST this idea? Why?

Against it, the fans will still travel there and if the distance is big it could even increase the carbon footprint when more and more fans will fly out to see their favorite team play. I doubt that many will stay there the whole time you know, stay for game or two then fly back. Ticket prices will be ridiculous when some buy a ticket and then sell them online. Could even see empty seats because of that - too high prices. On top of that, the atmosphere in the games won't be the same, I´m sure it will be loud, but not as loud if you play in one teams home arena. The risk of violence will increase when there are so many people from both teams. (128)

8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in San Francisco and New York certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

What I have in my mind is some kind of item that people can use more than once - Rage Shovel or Pride Shovel. Pretty straight forward, with 30 dollars you can buy quality shovel that will last. The materials used are some kind of metal, maybe some wood as well. The main message behind both is to encourage people to buy quality items over something that they use a few times and then throw it away.

In New York, you could use the shovel to for example clear your porch from snow, so in New York, the marketing would use that idea in their stands when trying to sell it. You can see some pictures of a smiling person shoveling away. The Rage shovel would be red to show the ´rage´ factor.

When we move to San Francisco the Pride Shovel is mainly used as a social statement, marketing focuses on the homeless issue. The Pride Shovel could be used to clean the poop of the homeless while walking home from the game. A smiling homeless person could be sitting on a sidewalk watching someone shovel their poop from the street. Ironic twist to it all is the shovel being one colored item - pure gold. Not real gold obviously. (211)

14. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

1. Head GMs JayWhy and Grapehead have been GMing for a while, whereas Co GMs Luketd and DaftRaincloud are newer to management - which team's front office staff (including coaches) do you think will provide a strategic edge (lol as if such a thing exists in STHS) in this series?

I´ll say San Francisco has a small edge purely because I think DaftRaincloud is a great username, to come up with something like that takes creativity and willingness to think outside of the box, that outside of the box thinking could help out when doing tactical changes during the games for example or when figuring out how to run the powerplay. Options are endless, but either way I think that offers a small edge over Manhattan. (76)

2. Manhattan has been rocking a pretty evenly-distributed ice time for forwards (35-33-32) whereas San Francisco is going a bit more top-heavy (40-40-15). Which approach do you think is better for a fierce Challenge Cup series?

Manhattan and their more balanced way have to be the better option, long playoffs already and if San Francisco has been rolling with a similar system for a long time, the players have to be feeling it. Then on top of that any minor injuries that could slow players down, evenly matched rotation for the win in my opinion. (59)

3. The Rage and the Pride have, in my opinion at least, two of the best logos in the entire SHL. Which team's logo do you like more and why?

Fair opinion, both are great logos. I like San Francisco and their colors bit more, purple and gold/yellow go together so well. Manhattans logo is more fierce looking, red and black combination fit nicely, but if I would have to pick just one, I´d say San Francisco is slightly better because of the colors. Got that funky feel to it. Jersey look great and I bet they are easy to sell. (71)

4. What is your favorite player name on either of these two teams and why? (not favorite player/user, just focusing on their player name)

From San Fran my favorite has to be Timothy Drunkebird, makings of a legendary name. It has a nice ring to it, feel-good name and I think if and when Simothy keeps improving as a player it will provide some funny moments when you see the name in a goal highlight or something.

Manhattan has a player called Backdoor Barnacle - I like that. Can't say for sure if it´s a dirty name or not, but that is why I like it. Backdoor is an unfortunate name to give out to your kid, but right now I salute Backdoors parents, great name. (102)

5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, © an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?

I´ll take chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, never used a chainsaw in my life, but would like to learn, could be a valuable tool in the future. Not sure what kind of lesson it will be, but if we start from the basics and move on from there, maybe use the chainsaw to do some kind of art from wood? That would be awesome. (63)[/color]

17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

Message sent

= 16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2020, 01:26 AM by BDonini.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S52 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

At the time of writing this, the Manhattan Rage lead the SHL finals 2-1 with game 4 to come shortly. We look back through all 14,000,605 possibilities for the second round to determine that the Manhattan Rage only make it back from down 1-3 to Chicago in 1 out of 14,000,605 realities, the one we're living. So then we randomly jump into one of the other realities. In the reality we randomly selected, normalcy is restored as the Syndicate end up taking the series in 6 games after losing game 5. We see little else change in this reality as the Stampede still defeat the Steelhawks, much to everyone else's pleasure. The conference final matchups in our new reality are San Francisco vs Edmonton and Buffalo vs Chicago. We see Chicago and San Francisco advance to face each other in the finals in a series where the long time cursed San Francisco Pride look to stop the Chicago Syndicate from becoming the first S45 expansion team to win the Challenge Cup.

Code:

Lallo Selman's best attribute in FHM will without a doubt be offensive read. The ability to read the play in the offensive zone and effectively control the game has always been Lallo's strong suit and it's a quality that will make him shine as he hits his prime years soon. Many players have elite shots, crafty playmaking skills, or silky dangles, but Lallo's game has always been built off his ability to read the game and his superior skating and agility. He sees the game the way nobody else does and it allows him to be effective everywhere and to essentially have the game flow through him when he's on the ice which is what makes him such a dangerous player.

Code:

This summer is going to be an exciting one for Lallo Selman. After recently signing a 3 season extension with Chicago, Lallo's future is now certain meaning he doesn't have to spend his summer making stressful decisions in free agency. His pay day with Chicago also gives him the financial freedom to do as he wishes this summer and so he has big plans for the offseason. First he plans to head up to Switzerland for a month after the World Championship so that he could visit his family at home. Then he's going to go back to Montreal where he spent his teens and meet up with some of his childhood friends. Since Lallo's still 24 years old, him and his friends don't have much time left before they plan to settle down and start families and so they plan to make this summer memorable. Lallo has chartered a yacht for six weeks, him and his childhood friends plan to fly down to Miami to take the yacht and spend all six weeks sailing the Carribean's most exotic islands, living life to the fullest to have one final unforgettable memory together before life possibly takes them their separate ways.

Code:
7. Written, 1-2 TPE
Our poetry theme this season is a limerick! Write 1 SHL-themed limerick for 1 TPE or 2 SHL-themed limericks for 2 TPE.

Head Office
to badwolf, alaska, and infidel,
the SMJHL's cartel,
ignoring me will not silence me
when you're all gone we will be free,
and i will gladly bid you farewell

Anaheim
to you i gave my blood, sweat, and tears
we worked to this moment for many years
and now we sit above them all
we are the champions on the wall
this journey has left us with souvenirs

Code:

[Image: 69qBgPw.png]

Code:
17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

pm sent

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 12:04 PM by Flowseidon.)

Task 1: 154 Words - 3 TPE

Playoffs are at an end, and things have worked out differently. San Francisco Pride star never got involved in looking into the shadow organization and the corruption of HO and their dealing to rig the league with the ever vilified SimonT. In this reality Brogen, our hero, does not have such an absence in the playoffs and continues to play great hockey through all the series. This leads to a change in the makeup of the finals and leafs to the San Francisco Pride winning the Challenge Cup. The added focus and push from the team caused fear to reign in the Eastern conference and allowed the favourites of many, the Hamilton Steelhawks to make it to the final in a classic good vs evil matchup. The San Francisco Pride take down SimonTs evil friends and usher us into a new age of FHM sim love, destroying the shadow organization once and for all

Task 2: 181 Words - 3 TPE

I think I’ll give the best odds to the San Francisco Pride. They were very close this year and have a lot of talent who will still be active and filling up their lines. The goaltending and offense will have had another season to practice, build, and get ready to challenge for the cup and they now have the added experience of having made it to a cup finals. This will help propel them from their regular season success, build on their playoff success and help take them to the next level in the cup finals. The team is itching to bring home that first cup to San Francisco, and they are in a great position to do it.
Lowest odds will have to go with the New Orleans Specters. I know what you’re saying. ‘But Flow, they’re a great team’. That they are, but their sim luck in the playoffs has been nothing short of atrocious and they just can’t seem to get over that hump. Barring some voodoo, they will succumb to the same next year in my model

Task 4: 164 Words - 3 TPE

A big piece of this offseason is going to have to be dedicated to resting. The playoffs are a long and hard grind, and Brogen is feeling very beat up, and just a bit dejected after that loss in the finals to the Manhattan Rage. Upon arrival in San Francisco, the first thing Jeff will do is order a whole bag of Chinese food and binge Love is Blind on Netflix.
Once the self-loathing and relaxation has passed, it will be time to focus on training. While it was a season of personal success in sharing the goal scoring lead for the league, and a personal best season points wise, Jeff has always been dedicated to winning team awards and bringing home that cup. It was a goal from growing up, and even further when he became a member of a cupless franchise. Brogen wants nothing more than to get to the level where he brings home that first cup to the Pride faithful

Task 14 - 5 TPE

1. I’ve gotta unfortunately lean with JayWhy and LukeTD. JayWhy has shown he has what it takes to be successful in this league while Grape is newer in terms of playoff experience. I also thing that LukeTD has a great base of knowledge and has always been someone dedicated to learning the sim inside and out and often uses it for things like predictions which has given him a lot of practical experience with the engine (75 words)

2. I think that there’s a lot to be said for both styles of management, because both are very important. I think the edge has to go for depth in the long run though. Between the injuries and cumulative wear of icetime in the playoffs, it makes it harder and harder to put the big minutes on your top line players. You still need those guys to go out and perform, but again and again we have seen that depth scoring makes a huge difference in the playoffs. (87 words)

3. I may be biased, but I definitely have to side with the Pride’s logo here. It is much more unique as it contains colours that are grossly under utilized in sports vs. the extremely common colour combo of black/red. The Lion is a great representation of their team, and they have multiple models of in to make for some great 3rd jerseys. (62 words)

4. While it may not be as crazy as some of the names out there, I have to go with Charlie Schieck. It may be that I'm just a huge Zelda fan and that it really makes it resonate with me, but I also think it's quite fitting for the player. Charlie is a very smooth skating offensive defenseman who can dangle around all people, so I like to call him Sleek Schieck (72 words)

5. I would generally want to go to a buffet with Grape, but after our loss I don't think I could submit him to that, knowing his true flavour preferences. Though I'm not a Philly fan, I think that a meet and greet with LukeTD and Gritty would be an incredible once in a lifetime option. Just to see how those two decide to torment me would be worth it, and we all know that Gritty just has that incredible charisma. (80 words)

Task 17: Hopefully 3 TPE

Total TPE Completed: 17 (in case casual has wrong answers)

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 06:15 PM by Leppish.)

Code:

Hitting is definitely one of my priorities, i want to see how many hits i can get in a season with a build aimed towards being a punishing, defensive defenseman. I wanted to try something else for my build since the first 9 seasons i've been focusing on being a point producer and a PP specialist type of defenceman, while being in regression i think it'll also be easier to regress every season when you have less attributes to keep pumping TPE into with low offensive stats. Although you still need a balanced build to be a good defenseman, having that extra addition of being a physical monster should make it more fun even if you are not scoring points.

Code:

Geoff Moore once again plans to spend a big part of the offseason back at his Ranch in rural Minnesota, he's been expanding the and building the place every offseason since the mid-S40s. This summer he wants to build an outdoor rink and a terrace next to it so people can enjoy cold beverages and watch drunken SHLers play against eachother whenever they want to. Moore will also begin a new training routine, he's focusing on his defensive and physical play from now on. He wants to finally start using his big frame and hockey IQ to shutdown the opponents instead of trying to score goals and get points.
Moore also plans on holding another end off the off-season party for his teammates at his ranch before the start of preseason. He has already planned out the catering and musical guests, and a stand-up show from Adam Sandler if he has the time on his schedule.

Code:
A. As determined by draft class, which rostered player is the oldest player in this series?
B. Name TWO players who have played for both the Pride and the Rage.
C. Among ACTIVE PLAYERS, who has the most points scored in Pride franchise history?
D. Who was recently selected as the #1 player in Rage franchise history as part of their Top 50 in 50 series unveiled this season?

PM Sent

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 10:51 PM by Budgie.)

Code:

Like most goalies, I'm a bit of a slave to the engine. Most of the literature points to the fact that Positioning and Reflexes are the absolute most important attributes for a goalie to be good at. It does make intuitive sense though, because if you can have perfect positioning as a goalie, there's a lot of saves you can make just from being in the way. In my specific case, I'm going to be trying to compete in the SHL at a much lower TPE total than I would like, so it will be especially important for me to play above my average rating as much as possible. Subsequently, I'm going to see what will happen if I boost Positioning and Reflexes as high as possible to the detriment of all other abilities.

Code:

Ian Venables plans to work extremely hard this off-season. A stagnation in his development over the past couple seasons resulted in many people doubting his potential, whether he would ever reach the point of being able to start in SHL games at all. He lost his position on the Canadian National Team, and very nearly got dropped by the San Francisco Pride, who own his SHL rights. Luckily, he was able to secure a show-me contract at minimum pay for the next two seasons from the Pride, his last ditch hope. During this off-season he has one last opportunity to hold onto his future, and the only way is to put his nose to the grindstone and work through it. He claims the personal issues keeping him from focusing completely on the game are behind him, and now that he's moving to San Francisco in hopes of making the big team, he will be the first one to the rink each morning and the last one to leave each evening. If he has to sleep in the locker room the way he did in the SMJHL rookie training camp, then so be it. The old Budgie is back.

Code:
The SHL is taking a stand and trying to do its part in reducing its carbon footprint. One of the proposed ideas is to eliminate back and forth air travel during the Challenge Cup and Four Star Cup finals and instead hold all 4-7 games in one neutral, rotating location a la the Super Bowl. Are you FOR or AGAINST this idea? Why?

I'm definitely FOR this idea. Instead of having cities bid for the privilege of hosting the finals, it should be automatically hosted by the team that previously won. That way, every team can have the chance to play for the cup in front of a home crowd, all they need to do is win twice in a row. I know it isn't technically a neutral location (but sometimes it would be), but I like the idea of wrestling the cup away from the previous team who won it. Dynasties would have a lot of weight behind them, and it would raise the stakes of defending a title.

Code:
7. Written, 1-2 TPE
Our poetry theme this season is a limerick! Write 1 SHL-themed limerick for 1 TPE or 2 SHL-themed limericks for 2 TPE.

Last night Jepox hopped in his pickup truck,
And went to his local stick and puck.
He's feeling so sore,
From an hour or more,
And forever with this meme he will be stuck.

Code:
14. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
1. Head GMs JayWhy and Grapehead have been GMing for a while, whereas Co GMs Luketd and DaftRaincloud are newer to management - which team's front office staff (including coaches) do you think will provide a strategic edge (lol as if such a thing exists in STHS) in this series?
2. Manhattan has been rocking a pretty evenly-distributed ice time for forwards (35-33-32) whereas San Francisco is going a bit more top-heavy (40-40-15). Which approach do you think is better for a fierce Challenge Cup series?
3. The Rage and the Pride have, in my opinion at least, two of the best logos in the entire SHL. Which team's logo do you like more and why?
4. What is your favorite player name on either of these two teams and why? (not favorite player/user, just focusing on their player name)
5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, (c) an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?

1. SimonT doesn't care about your strategy. SimonT doesn't care about your lineup. SimonT just wants your blood. This series is going to come down to whichever team, management, and fans have bled the most for the chance to win it all. Of course, the opposite might happen as well. SimonT is a vengeful spirit and may be looking for his last pound of flesh before we switch to FHM.
  2. People sometimes say that depth is important for the playoffs. But sometimes, you just need to sit them down and explain that if you leave your star players out longer then you'll win every time. Every member of the San Francisco Pride is a masterpiece and never gets tired or run down, so there's no need to balance the ice time. Easy Peasy.
  3. Hands down the San Francisco Pride have the best logo. Just look at it. What a majestic beast. What's he thinking about? Is he growling or laughing? These are the questions we ask ourselves in the dead of night when sleep eludes us. Of course, Manhattan has a great logo as well. But as a complete package, the Pride takes it. Their second logo is fire as well, so even just by a numbers game the Pride take it.
  4. My favourite name in the Challenge Cup this season is Leopold Lockhart. Alliterations are always cool, ditto for diphthongs. Leopold Lockhart is a name that's just challenging enough to say quickly to keep things interesting, and percussive enough to turn into a primal chant. Leo-Pold Lock-Hart! Leo-Pold Lock-Hart! 10/10 name.
  5. Since this is my fantasy, I'd like to do both (c.) and (d.) at the same time. Grape and I can eat a giant bowl of grapes while Dilk explains his filth to us, then we can all go out to watch a movie or something. Afterwards, we can get some coffees and walk around town while laughing, before going back to Grape's house and see where the night takes us. But I haven't put a lot of thought into it.

Code:
A. As determined by draft class, which rostered player is the oldest player in this series?
C. Among ACTIVE PLAYERS, who has the most points scored in Pride franchise history?
D. Who was recently selected as the #1 player in Rage franchise history as part of their Top 50 in 50 series unveiled this season?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S52 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Answers sent.

Code:
TPE Checklist:
Question 3: 2 TPE
Question 4: 3 TPE
Question 6: 2 TPE
Question 7: 1 TPE
Question 14: 5 TPE
Question 17: 1-3 TPE based on performance

Total: 14-16 based on performance

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2020, 04:47 PM by hotdog.)

PBE claim - 3 TPE

Code:

As I wrote about in my last PT (PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV), I would like to be remembered as the slipperiest player to ever lace up the skates in the SHL. In terms of an FHM build, I think the attribute that most exhibits slipperiness would probably be agility. It'd have to be a physical attribute, as my slipperiness doesn't really count as a hockey skill, so I think the combination of agility and speed is how I'll achieve it - especially agility. It's definitely imprudent to get agility to 20 so I may only do that once i'm in the last season before regression and can afford it, but that'll be a nice feather to put in my cap someday.

Code:

The arena in San Francisco is unveiling a special product for this series in honor of their associate general manager and third line sniper @DaftRaincloud - it's called the Dilkshake! It comes in just two flavors - vanilla and chocolate (with such short notice, it was too tough to develop more flavors in time!) - and it's made with fresh dilk. The marketing campaign has accelerated since the Pride's crucial game 7 victory over New Orleans, and commercials are starting to hit the radio with the special dilkshake jingle: "doo doo doo, dilkkkk shake, doo doo doo, dilkkk shake, it's a milkshake but it's made with dilk, doo doo doo, dilkkkk shake!" you probably don't have the same melody but I promise there was one in my head. There are posters in the arena featuring a big white splat in the middle that says "Come and try the brand new Dilkshake today! Only $5.95 at ANY concession stand!" People are gonna lap this one up!

Code:
17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max

Sent

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE

There once was a GM named @Ace
His team finished in sixth place
But soon we switch games
No more of the same!
And now we'll be winning the race

My player is eko van otter
he's like a mcdavid but hotter
he's swimming in poon
the points will come soon
and mothers will offer their daughters

Code:
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S52 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In some other reality, the STHS anomalies continued into the postseason as well. To be fair, Manhattan and San Francisco are two pretty great rosters, so this result isn't too offensive. But given the teams in the playoffs, there could've been much worse outcomes. The obvious team to think of here is the Toronto North Stars. Perhaps there's some reality out there where the North Stars' luck continued. Honestly if the Stars made the finals would @ml002 still be rooting against them??? ML is such a self-loather that I feel like he honestly would be lol. After a topsy-turvy regular season, the 5 squads that made the playoffs in the west were the ones we all expected, so that wound up being relatively inoffensive as well. I think the biggest joke that could've emerged from that crop would probably Calgary somehow making it again. They seem to have everything fall their way in spite of the odds, so Toronto vs. Calgary is the finals in this universe I'm describing.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 07:47 PM by Leafs4ever.)

PBE Affiliate PT

Task 4:

This off-season is going to be weird one. At my age, my skills are diminishing so I need to work extra hard to keep up with the rest of the SHL players. It's a young mans game and I need to stay on top of everything. This off-season, I'm going to change my training up a little bit. It's time to get back to basics.

I came into the league as a sniper and somewhere along the way I lost that specialized skill set. I became more of a passer and balanced my game out. This off-season, I'm going to go back to my roots. I'm going to focus my energy, once again, on my shooting. As you age in this sport, it's better to at least be great at one thing because you just can't dominate all around. I'm going to hone my shooting skills once again and become that sniper that I always wanted to be. I'm going to shoot pucks all off-season and come back hungry to fill the net.

(173 words)

Task 6:

So the SHL is throwing out the idea of playing the Challenge Cup Finals all in one location, rotating the host city every year. I just want to say that I do not like this idea and really hope the SHL does not implement it.

The SHL regular season is a grind, but the playoffs are a whole different level. As a fan, nothing beats the atmosphere inside the arena during a playoff game. If you've invested yourself throughout the season and the playoffs and your team rewards you with a trip to the Finals, you need to be able to play in front of your fans. Imagine investing all that energy as fans, just to watch your team plays the most important games in front of fans that couldn't care less. You earned the right to play in front of your fans, in your arena, and to take that away would be awful for every one involved.

(158 words)

Task 14:

I'm going to give the edge to JayWhy and Manhattan. JayWhy has been around forever and has seen and experienced almost everything this league has to offer. He's not going to be caught by surprise by another GM and he's going to be ready with every trick he's ever learned. If Manhattan loses, it won't be because they game planned wrong. (61 words)

I think you have to go with the balanced approach. The playoffs are such a grind and to expect your best players to play half the game every time is playing with fire. We always look at championship teams and talk about the depth they showed and it's because those depth players gave the star players a breather to be able to dominate more consistently. Manhattan has the better approach. (70 words)

I think the Pride's logo has a ton of great details against the Rage logo that is just nice and clean. It's two very different looks and both work. I have always been fond of the Rage's branding and I think their look just edges out San Francisco's. It's a classic colour combo and it has a clean, refined, finish. It's a great looking match up, though. (67 words)

I'm going to go with Jax Aittokallio. Aittokallio has the history behind it with some of the greatest SHL players having that name. Jax is just a cool name that's a spin off a regular name. It's a name that has a weight to it and it's fun to say. It works together and I think it's the best player name in this Challenge Cup Finals match. (67 words)

5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, © an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?

Give me the hour session with DaftRaincloud's internet history. To get inside someone's most searched desires really opens a window into their soul. I think this hour would be a lot more exciting than any of the others. The thrill of the mystery is what drives this whole thing. What will you find in his search history? It's something you need to find out. (64 words)

Task 17:

PM'd

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 11:37 PM by JMacNCheese.)

Code:
1. In this alternate reality all the same teams made the playoff but right before the playoffs, Toronto North Stars had lost 5 straight and even though they were still going to the playoffs as the bottom seed, their fans were upset, management was irate, and their veteran players went on strike. Toronto North Stars had called up all of their prospects and they with the help of SimonT, went on a Cinderella run to the Cup finals, where they ended up winning it in double OT in game 6! At one point all the veterans wanted to return because of this special run and were locked up in jail, with pay of course so they couldn't ruin the magical Cup victory. A lot of those prospects found themselves a permanent home by being paid handsomely, while some of the veterans that went on strike, found themselves on new teams once they were ran out of town!

(156 words) 3 TPE
Code:
3. Have dabbled into some different builds but believe I have found the one that I want to play and that will benefit my team(mates). One of the attributes I am going to focus on is the reads, offensive and defensive reads. To me both are going to be a vital part of my FHM build. I believe that these two attributes will be my absolute best because of how I am going to be focusing on them. I choose these two because of how essential it is for a two-way forward, need to be able to read the offensive drive as well as read what the enemy offense and your teammates are going to do defensively.

(116 words) 2 TPE
Code:
4. I am looking forward to training my butt off to get better and will do this by keeping to a schedule of eating right and working out properly. I do plan on going on a vacation to start off the offseason, maybe go to Europe or the Caribbean Islands, always wanted to go to Germany or back to Ireland! On top of training I also want to make sure that I am just not constantly doing that and make sure my mind gets relaxation too. I will do this by getting massages and playing rounds of golf. Still in the J and only been affiliated to an SHL team for a year so I will not try for free agency, like both my teams a lot and really want to stick together with boys in Detroit for a bit! Falcons But making sure that I am fit and healthy for this upcoming season in FHM, and hopefully do better than the nice season I had previously.

(165 words) 3 TPE
Code:
6. I am against this decision because the Super Bowl is one game while the Challenge Cup and Four-Star Cup can be 4 to 7 games. I re-point this out because that would ensue that each teams fan base would have to travel to this singular location. The team wouldn't go anywhere and wouldn't have to worry about the stress of traveling but both fan bases would be traveling from their respective cities. So, I do not believe that this would cut down any possible carbon footprint. Plus, the cities that both host 2 to 4 games benefit from hosting the games, financially and publicity, which in the long run can help the city grow. The cities usually go all out for their teams, because they want to see them win and host that parade!

(134 words) 2 TPE
Code:
5. Would you rather: (a) a chainsaw lesson with JayWhy, (b) a private Gritty meet-and-greet for you and Luke, (c) an all-you-can-eat grape buffet experience with Grapehead, or (d) an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?
14.1 Well I don't know if it exists in STHS, but in real life, like the NHL or AHL or etc., the front office which includes the longer tenure GMs should have the advantage. This is because they have been possibly to the point they are at, Cup finals?, before and know what to expect. While the short-timed GMs it may be a new experience and they are just getting their feet wet. But with STHS who the hell knows lol, it may just think the newer GMs have some crazy ass strat that works and that’s what it goes with. (100 words)
14.2 You would think that when the game was close if should have gone to Manhattan and when the game was high scoring or blowout it should of went the way of San Francisco, but it didn't. The reason I say this is with the heavy percentage on the first two line, which should have their best players, San Fran should have been the heavier scorer when it was high scoring game. But maybe because Manhattan was rocking more even lines, they were able to get production from all three lines and thus giving them more scoring. (96 words)
14.3 If I had to pick between those two I it would be hard, but I would pick Manhattan Rage but the San Fran Pride one is good. If I had to pick any SHL team and logo, it would be a tossup between the Tampa Bay Barracuda, Edmonton Blizzard or New England Wolfpack. But probably go with Tampa Bay Barracuda. As for SMJHL team and logo, Detroit Falcons because I am bias. (72 words)
14.4 I would probably go with Phineas Gold (@Z0REM), mainly because it sounds cool. Also, I know that their player is designed after Phineas from the show Phineas and Ferb, which is a great show. I would say a close second name that I like and find interesting is either Rainbow Dash (@Eggy216), just because it also sounds cool, and maybe Nathan Explosion (@micool132), because who wouldn't like the last name Explosion!! (68 words)
14.5 The first option (a), I am not even sure if that is a play on words, an inside joke that I am on the outside of, or an actual chainsaw lesson but I'll pass. The second option (b) may be fun to meet Gritty but who knows, he's kind of weird. The third option © I can get behind because I love food and eating lol! Lastly, the fourth option (d) I am pretty sure I will pass on because usually when that is brought up you probably don't want to view it and more than likely will be embarrassed for them lol. (103 words)

(439 words total) 5 TPE

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S52 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
Sent to PT Director 1+? TPE (Really just want the 1 for participation)

Falcons Falcons Total TPE: 16 Falcons Falcons

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2020, 08:25 PM by Rindiee.)

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
You're put in charge of making the casino odds on the Cup winner for next season. Whom are you giving the best and the worst odds to, and what's your reasoning?

We all know this league throws us for a whirlwind every damn season, unless that's been the case up to this point using STHS. However, assuming I was an idiot and would put real money on a virtual hockey league in the first place, I'd feel "safe" putting my money on the Hamilton Steelhawks, and giving them the best odds to win the Challenge Cup. Although they were unable to follow up their S51 Challenge Cup win with a repeat in S52, they still managed to finish atop the standings of the Eastern Conference with 68 points and I wouldn't be surprised if they give everyone a run for their money in S53 as well. In terms of the worst odds I gotta go with the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Although TBB is a team that could look promising for the future, they don't have any superstars that stand out to me that will take their team to the next level. Especially after putting up the leagues worst 36 pts this past season.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Rage or the Pride would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

If I were to make a bet on a player winning a regular season individual award in a future season it'd have to be Luke Thomason, Center of the Manhattan Rage. I'd bet on him winning Sarmad Khan AKA the MVP as voted by the players. My reasoning is simple, Thomason finished 6th in points this season and is continuing to improve season after season. Although this may sound strange due to both Alex Winters and Steven Moyer who both finished the season with more points than Thomason and play for the Rage and Pride respectively, I give the nod to Thomason for this award over Winters for two reasons, 1. They're line mates so their production will be based around one another, and although it's impressive the performance they both put up, the performance put up by Thomason is a more impressive one due to him playing the center position. On the other hand, Steven Moyer, Center of the San Francisco Pride should also be seen as an honorable mention as he also had a very impressive year, while playing on the 2nd line of the Pride. Overall, I see more of a future for Thomason due to his year in and year out production, as well as the situation he's been put in with his line mates that surround him and push him to succeed.

For Potts, his offseason routine never really changes. Sure, he may hit the ice a little, sure he'll lift a little weights. But most importantly he would never forget about his important drug use to stay in tip top shape. Having to live in Newfoundland for a good portion of the year means no nice looking ladies, no good weather, and too many people with weird accents. With that being said, Potts wastes no time getting straight to the beach, Miami to be specific. Not only does Miami provide the best "white chocolate" around, they also provide great looking women and exquisite night clubs, perfect for Potts' incredibly high-class taste and expectations. For many this routine would cause their success to decrease, however in Potts' case he only performs better with a little extra "push" hitting that blood stream of his. He also wanted me to forward the message that if anyone does want his offseason "workout" plan, feel free to hit his line (literally) as he's always down for some new buddies to trap with.

Although STHS may make it difficult to provide an actual strategic edge, if I had to pick a management duo that I like more I'm gonna have to go with JayWhy and Luketd of the Manhattan Rage. Not only has JayWhy been on the SHL since 2012 giving him without a doubt the advantage of knowing this league literally inside and out, but him and Luke are also incredibly sweaty SHLers with top end players. When the front office is producing at a very high level and not just relying on their players, that proves to be very important in my eyes.

I gotta go with Manhattan's evenly-distributed ice time among the forwards. My reasoning behind this decision is something as simple as momentum. Let's say for whatever reason SFP's 3rd line is performing really well, while their 1st and 2nd are lagging behind in a game. That 3rd line will not have enough ice time to carry their momentum through the game to outshine the 1st and 2nd who are not only being outshined by what is most likely worst players, but are also potentially being the result of a loss due to the excess amounts of ice team. On the contrary, Manhattan's even attack allows for all 3 lines to see very similar ice time allowing for less momentum shifts and more balance throughout the game.

Between the Rage and the Pride the logo I'm gonna give the upper hand to is the Pride. Although I have to agree with the fact that both teams definitely have two of the best logos in the league, I'm always a fan of logos that have a "lion-esque" vibe, which is exactly what the Pride's logo is. On top of that I think their color scheme fits the team really well. Given I am biased due to the fact that I'm a diehard University of Washington fan, so our color schemes are very similar. However, the Rage's logo as well as their color scheme definitely deserves credit where it's due for being badass as well.

If I'm completely honest this was a decision that was not difficult at all to make, due to both teams having boring player names, in my opinion. So, Jay and Grape, maybe consider drafting players with interesting names in the future, ya? With that being said, my favorite player name comes from the San Francisco Pride, and that being Tokek Takshak. I couldn't tell you why I like this name besides the fact that it looks and sounds stupid, unlike every other name on each teams respected roster. So shoutout to Gecko for the funny name.

None of these stick out to me like a sore thumb besides, D "an hour session where DaftRaincloud shows you everything from his internet history?" so for that reason I'm picking it. I can't say I know who DaftRaincloud is, HOWEVER considering this is even an option on this list, I gotta assume he's a greasy nerd so I definitely would have a good time browsing through his internet history.

17. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE - sent.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2020, 06:02 PM by ej27.)

In this alternate reality, the Pride and the Rage still make the finals, but round two goes a whole lot differently. Well, it goes differently for the Pride. I can't even tell you who the Rage faced in round 2, so we'll just say that series goes exactly the same in the new reality as it did in this one. Anyway, I digress. In this alternate reality's round 2, instead of taking the Pride to game seven, the Dragons get swept. It's a payback for that time they swept the Pride a couple of seasons ago, and let me tell you, victory and revenge are both so sweet. I'm not gonna lie, I'd enjoy a reality in which the Dragons didn't make it past the first round (no offense to my former team), but the Panthers took us to overtime way too many times in the regular season for me to feel comfortable with facing them in playoffs. So the matchup stands, and it ends the same way, but it doesn't take anywhere near as many games to accomplish it.

Leo Lockhart is actually extremely happy to have a short offseason this year. They've missed playoffs or been eliminated early on enough times that he's extremely excited to have made it this far. And if everything goes to plan and the Pride win the Challenge Cup, his offseason will be a whirlwind of activity instead of the same old routine of training and hanging with family and friends. If they win the cup, I'm sure there will be plenty of drunken debauchery immediately following the win. Whether or not they'll sober up in time for the cup parade and other cup activities, only time will tell. Hell, who am I kidding, of course they won't have sobered up. They'll celebrate their cup win with at least as much enthusiasm as the Washington Capitals celebrated theirs. And if they win, Leo will have his own day with the cup to look forward to, and he'll of course attend Dom Montgomery's cup day as well. I know what you're thinking, the Pride haven't won yet. And you're right, but let's put that positive energy out into the universe. As we say in San Francisco, "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't get swept by the Dragons."

I'm for it, to be honest. Anything to help the environment, right? Aside from that advantage, I think it might make things more interesting to eliminate home ice advantage entirely. Put everyone on an even playing field, so to speak. I understand that hometown fans might be upset if they can't afford to make the trek to whatever city finals are held in to watch a game in person, but on the other hand if you can afford it, what an awesome vacation that would be! And teams can host watch parties at venues around town to foster fan involvement in their home cities. Plus, it might give out of town fans the chance to see a game closer to home.

7. Written, 1-2 TPE

1)
San Francisco Pride will win
Because they will not give in
The Rage are smelly
They skate like Jelly
This is why they will not win

2)
Purple is a good color
It is bright, it's not duller
Red is aggressive
But not impressive
Purple is the Pride's Color

You've all heard of BattleBots. Well, during any home game during the Challenge Cup Finals, fans at the Chase Center can treat themselves to limited edition BattleTots! BattleTots are the perfect game time treat: Served in a mini collector's plastic Challenge Cup (but not too mini), these loaded crispy tater tots are fried to perfection and smothered in cheese plus your choice of toppings! Topping options include: more cheese, bacon, brisket, sour cream, chives, jalapenos and avocado (for a $1 upcharge, of course). And since we're in California, there's a vegan option! BattleTots can be purchased on their own for $11.99 or as a combo which comes with a soda in a limited edition Challenge Cup Finals cup featuring one of your favorite Pride players for $15.99. Different cups featuring different players will be available at different concessions stands throughout the series, so make sure to collect them all! And don't forget to be loud and wear purple! Go Pride!

Sent!

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page