Create Account

JSS 3/15
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 11:54 PM by JSS.)

[Image: Fiddler.png]

GFX eligble for 2x pay below:

[Image: Kala.png]

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]

@Jerppu

[Image: Cuddles.png]

[Image: 3.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Payday for JSS!

1)
Strengths
I'm really liking the text work here. Love how the T in Tom and D in Fiddler connect. Simple background, super clean, nice lighting. A rather basic/simple look, but you did it well.

Potential Improvements
Adding a team name as a text element .
Graders were split on the use of the added grain effect. Some graders would have preferred an SHL reference, be it a logo, a jersey, or a written name. A shadow behind the render (to match the text) would be welcome. The T and F connection is an interesting idea but it is noticeably off by a pixel.

Sig 1: 4 / 5

2)
Great color scheme and cool effects, especially those on the text. I like the half-transparency here between the render and the background. Great light control and manipulation. The outer stroke looks a little funky, but is definitely necessary in the darker parts. The gradient mapping is very well done, and the coordination of the text (and the similar texture) looks really good. Good job blending the render into the background. [Only thing missing is a jersey swap but fortunately the text covers most of the Bruins logo.]

Sig 2: 4.5 / 5

3)
Strengths
A super clean looking sig. You got the monotone colors to work well here, which isn't always an easy task and the lighting is spot on. I like how you brought the focal point to the render's head by a) blurring the background around the render and b) using color. The glowing effects of the limited color look really good. Love the blue lighting here and the blending of darker lighting on either end of the sig..really helps hone in that focal point which is the render. Blending looks great, love using that ripple effect as well.

Sig 3: 4.5 / 5

Potential Improvements
I think the text is a little hard to read, but nothing crazy. The sig could be seen as borderline too busy though.

4)
Strengths
Really great look. It's so simple yet so effective. Love the sharp render and how you've created depth with the background and the semi-transparent number. Clearly the best of the group.
Great use of color and textures. The render's gradient mapping and levels/curves work is highlighted by the distress marks. not sure if the top center highlight was necessary, but definitely appreciated. The obscured text is also a big plus.
Simple but effective. Like the number beside the render like that. Lighting is well done. Would have just gotten rid of the NHL logo, that's all.
Can I give this more than the max? This is spot on perfect. The look and feel of this one is out of this world. The lighting is perfection. Absolutely nothing I can fault.

Sig 4: 5 / 5

Total Payout: $8M (including 2x for 2, 3 and 4)

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]