Create Account

Puolivalmiste 3/22
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 02:14 PM by puolivalmiste.)

[Image: uChGBNL.png]
Sig for me to use during IIHF

Other 3 are for Texas rookies (2x for draft media):

[Image: ybHyCMi.png]
@Aephino
[Image: wkVl7Wi.png]
@EricNCSU
[Image: pno65xk.png]
@leviadan
I think I wont edit them anymore so might as well tag you.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

These are awesome! I love that font with the gold in it! :D

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

sick!!!! Smile

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Nice job, the silver letters are cool.

[Image: hudson.png]

Hi puolivalmiste, thank you for your submissions! Your signatures were assessed and commented on by a panel of 6 graders, who determined the following grade values and comments.

Small render, huge text. I like the effect on the text, but my suggestion is to play around with different formats (maybe not as wide). Make your render the main element of the sig, make it larger. Render effects are cool and allow the player to blend well into the background. Text is a bit big for my liking and if you scaled it down a bit and placed it closer to the render it would be much better; leaves the rest of the render with a lot of dead space. Give the background a small gaussian blur to make it look more faded into the background. The windy render duplication can work well to blend things together but needs to be coupled with other effects or overlays.
Sig 1: 2 / 5

This one works slightly better than the previous one, but I still suggest to try different formats (then you don't need to have the text this large just to fill the width of the sig). Bonus for the nice jersey change.
Aside from the render being a bit dark I think this is one of your better pieces. Text works well here. Perhaps using the white brush around the renders face and above the renders head can allow the render to be seen easier. Don't be afraid to add some more stocks/layers to this over the render to give this more flare. Putting a black and white render over a completely color background draws me to the background more than the render, plus the lighter parts of the entire sig are actually over to the right and away from the render. you want the render to be the main focal point of your sig.
Sig 2: 2 / 5

Here the render works much better for this kind of format and the text compliments it nicely and fills out the available space. I like your job with the jersey change as well. Great logo swap on this one. The size of this piece fits well for what you were going for. I like the cacti in the background as well. I like the texture over the render and background but feel as if the text could be behind it as well. id also erase the texture from the face. try using more layers and incorporating more images into your sig.
Sig 3: 3 / 5

Compared to your previous sigs this one fills out this kind of format best (it's a wide render, cut well). Clearly the best of the group. White brushing on top of the render's helmet could really make this sig stand out. Even if you did some gold brushing around the jersey too to match your text would be awesome! Your sigs are great but I think many of them are unfinished. I would like to see the use of more stocks and forms of lighting which I know will take you to the next level. Again the lighter part of the text draws my eye away from the render. position that part of the text closer to your render. The text gets too close to the edge of the canvas; why is the text shadowed on the left? The masking in the players shoulders looks a little soft. The gold fill looks lower resolution than the rest of the signature.
Sig 4: 2.5 / 5

Total Payout: $4.25M (incl. 2x for sig 2, 3 and 4)

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]