Create Account

S53 SMJHL DRAFT REVIEW - X2 MEDIA

03-19-2020, 12:02 PMst4rface Wrote:
03-19-2020, 11:12 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: grading rookies on TPE only isn't a very good way to grade them as a whole, as personality and activity matter as well. and i'm not hurt by any means whatsoever. just saying that the way all of the people who have said "Anchorage didn't draft well" is motivating our rookies to prove everyone wrong, and i hope they do. I'm not mad at people at all. They can say what they want to say. I just don't have to agree, and that's what I'm doing.

I already said about activity and how important that is. For GM I need is a priority to draft most valuable player. Imagine SHL draft - dude with 350 TPE and a lot of banked TPE and dude with 110 TPE. Will you pick that dude with 350 TPE, full SHL bank account, who is active on forum and discord or dude with 110 TPE and good personality and is active on dicord? 

Well, I think you now the answer by yourself. As I said, I will be happy if Sawful will prove all sceptical people wrong. All people just say their opinions and majority thinks the same - Sawful is good, but there was better players to choose. Plus, I think it's better to be more realistic and sceptical than ultra positive and say ''all teams did right choices, they all won draft, they didn't made mistakes, all these draft players will be SHL Hall of Famers'' etc.

03-19-2020, 11:46 AMCementHands Wrote: Yea.. But Anchorage didn't have multiple first round picks. Say whatever you want but they wanted him, so they got him. Jr's it's tough to scout and if you only do forum posts, tpe gain or bank account that's a good way to miss excellent folks and only focus on recreates (says the guy who just drafted 3 recreates).
All the power to Anchorage, I'll never shame a team for picking someone they like.

Tinke Jutila was selected 20th pick overall. Don't say you didn't pick him, because Anchorage didn't have multiple 1st round picks. No one had.

knights did! other than that, this is def an interesting clusterfuck. anchorage seems quite confident, and J drafts are notorious for being crapshoots. We'll probably look back on this in a couple seasons and laugh at how wrong we all were

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

03-19-2020, 02:07 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
03-19-2020, 12:02 PMst4rface Wrote:  
I already said about activity and how important that is. For GM I need is a priority to draft most valuable player. Imagine SHL draft - dude with 350 TPE and a lot of banked TPE and dude with 110 TPE. Will you pick that dude with 350 TPE, full SHL bank account, who is active on forum and discord or dude with 110 TPE and good personality and is active on dicord? 

Well, I think you now the answer by yourself. As I said, I will be happy if Sawful will prove all sceptical people wrong. All people just say their opinions and majority thinks the same - Sawful is good, but there was better players to choose. Plus, I think it's better to be more realistic and sceptical than ultra positive and say ''all teams did right choices, they all won draft, they didn't made mistakes, all these draft players will be SHL Hall of Famers'' etc.

Tinke Jutila was selected 20th pick overall. Don't say you didn't pick him, because Anchorage didn't have multiple 1st round picks. No one had.

knights did! other than that, this is def an interesting clusterfuck. anchorage seems quite confident, and J drafts are notorious for being crapshoots. We'll probably look back on this in a couple seasons and laugh at how wrong we all were
Of course! That was just my subjective opinion and we both will be happy if all players will be good in the future.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

03-19-2020, 02:02 PMst4rface Wrote:
03-19-2020, 01:08 PMAcsolap Wrote: There was only one d man better than SAwful in the draft and he went first overall.

That isnt just a fluff up for the guy, it's my tenth juniors draft and outside of maybe TML there's no one on the shl who have drafted more smjhl players than I have. First gens drafted by us now hold the head banker position, head shl pt position, head smjhl PT position and possibly shortly the head shl media position. We are pretty decent at this.

As a general rule unless a recreate is an absolutely top drawer person like Jenny, EJ or Toivo or they are an alumni I'll take a first gen over them.
There isn't anyone who have drafted more SMJHL players than you, but as we see... There are multiple dudes who got more Four Star Cups than you... I think that's more important than experience in draft.

That was my subjective opinion about draft. Your subjective opinion (and nothing more), is that Sawful was 2nd best defender in this league. It's good to be confident, but not good to be cocky. You need to understand that all rookies are rivals, but at the same time friends. We all have great chemistry in rookies discord and we are literally friends. You just need to understand aswell that it's only normal that people are sceptical. We are friends, but may be sceptical about each others activity, player etc. I may be sceptical, but if I will see that Sawful is worth of 2nd pick I will admit my mistake like a man and say that I was wrong. Humans make mistakes and we will see who of us made mistake later on this season.

Good luck in the season. Keep the same energy at the end of the season! 

03-19-2020, 01:15 PMBudgie Wrote: Hit the nail on the head. Let me add that Stratton was far and away the best goalie in the draft, glad other teams are bad at scouting so we could scoop him up at 12
Will see at the end of the season. Keep the same energy at the end of the season. Hopefully, Armada will be at least a bit better than last season. Good luck!

KEKW. Do you know which team dragged you?

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

03-19-2020, 02:30 PMAcsolap Wrote:
03-19-2020, 02:02 PMst4rface Wrote: There isn't anyone who have drafted more SMJHL players than you, but as we see... There are multiple dudes who got more Four Star Cups than you... I think that's more important than experience in draft.

That was my subjective opinion about draft. Your subjective opinion (and nothing more), is that Sawful was 2nd best defender in this league. It's good to be confident, but not good to be cocky. You need to understand that all rookies are rivals, but at the same time friends. We all have great chemistry in rookies discord and we are literally friends. You just need to understand aswell that it's only normal that people are sceptical. We are friends, but may be sceptical about each others activity, player etc. I may be sceptical, but if I will see that Sawful is worth of 2nd pick I will admit my mistake like a man and say that I was wrong. Humans make mistakes and we will see who of us made mistake later on this season.

Good luck in the season. Keep the same energy at the end of the season! 

Will see at the end of the season. Keep the same energy at the end of the season. Hopefully, Armada will be at least a bit better than last season. Good luck!

KEKW. Do you know which team dragged you?
Yeah. Team who didn't end up last season with 2nd worst SMJHL record.

Stars Stars Stars

03-19-2020, 02:39 PMst4rface Wrote:
03-19-2020, 02:30 PMAcsolap Wrote: KEKW. Do you know which team dragged you?
Yeah. Team who didn't end up last season with 2nd worst SMJHL record.

[Image: yR9goAr.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 03:08 PM by st4rface.)

03-19-2020, 02:51 PMAcsolap Wrote:
03-19-2020, 02:39 PMst4rface Wrote: Yeah. Team who didn't end up last season with 2nd worst SMJHL record.

[Image: yR9goAr.jpg]

1 of 10. I got one Four Star Cup as a player and co-GM back with my first player (S27). Was co-GM only 2 seasons - SMJHL player 4 seasons, If that's your case, then you just said that I am better GM than you. If then - thank you.

EDIT: My mistake - S26.

Stars Stars Stars

03-19-2020, 03:05 PMst4rface Wrote:
03-19-2020, 02:51 PMAcsolap Wrote: [Image: yR9goAr.jpg]

1 of 10. I got one Four Star Cup as a player and co-GM back with my first player (S27). Was co-GM only 2 seasons - SMJHL player 4 seasons, If that's your case, then you just said that I am better GM than you. If then - thank you.

Dude you know what section i never read when looking at GM apps for the J? Ya the team performance one since no one in the league cares if you win a 4*, but they do care that they have active teammates in the SHL.

03-19-2020, 03:05 PMst4rface Wrote:
03-19-2020, 02:51 PMAcsolap Wrote: [Image: yR9goAr.jpg]

03-19-2020, 03:25 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
03-19-2020, 03:05 PMst4rface Wrote: 1 of 10. I got one Four Star Cup as a player and co-GM back with my first player (S27). Was co-GM only 2 seasons - SMJHL player 4 seasons, If that's your case, then you just said that I am better GM than you. If then - thank you.

Dude you know what section i never read when looking at GM apps for the J? Ya the team performance one since no one in the league cares if you win a 4*, but they do care that they have active teammates in the SHL.
No one can still be sure if their draftees will be active when they will play on SHL, not SMJHL. He just flexed that he got 1 Four Star Cup in 10 GM seasons. I just answered with the same.

Stars Stars Stars

03-19-2020, 03:25 PMAcsolap Wrote:
03-19-2020, 03:05 PMst4rface Wrote: 1 of 10. I got one Four Star Cup as a player and co-GM back with my first player (S27). Was co-GM only 2 seasons - SMJHL player 4 seasons, If that's your case, then you just said that I am better GM than you. If then - thank you.

I am probably 10 years younger than you. I just have a bit more experience in simleagues.

Stars Stars Stars

03-19-2020, 03:30 PMst4rface Wrote:
03-19-2020, 03:25 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Dude you know what section i never read when looking at GM apps for the J? Ya the team performance one since no one in the league cares if you win a 4*, but they do care that they have active teammates in the SHL.
No one can still be sure if their draftees will be active when they will play on SHL, not SMJHL. He just flexed that he got 1 Four Star Cup in 10 GM seasons. I just answered with the same.

No he said look for the 4* Cups that the team you are on has won after you brought up 4* cups being an important metric for a J gm in an earlier post.

03-19-2020, 03:32 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
03-19-2020, 03:30 PMst4rface Wrote: No one can still be sure if their draftees will be active when they will play on SHL, not SMJHL. He just flexed that he got 1 Four Star Cup in 10 GM seasons. I just answered with the same.

No he said look for the 4* Cups that the team you are on has won after you brought up 4* cups being an important metric for a J gm in an earlier post.
I don't care how many Four Star Cups have won Raptors. Raiders had 0 Four Star Cups before I joined them and got their first in my first season, so... Keep the same energy at the end of the season, that's it. Big man cry like a baby when you spend time, make a media and just say your subjective opinion.

Stars Stars Stars

cry more Armada

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

bad fuckin look here armada

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

[Image: michael_jackson_popcorn.jpg?itok=l7zSipzh]