Create Account

Box Scores Suggestion

So I heard that the powers that be are working on getting a box score from game links. Crazy idea that someone might be able to work with, what about a system similar to the old PBPs where people could volunteer to be assigned one to make? While this may be graphics focused, it would be a nice bonus and way for people to show their artistic creativity. I know an immediate concern with this is that graphics may take time, which is the exact opposite of what people want from a box score, but still might be worth looking into. Thoughts?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020, 11:42 PM by JHS.)

03-24-2020, 11:11 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: So I heard that the powers that be are working on getting a box score from game links. Crazy idea that someone might be able to work with, what about a system similar to the old PBPs where people could volunteer to be assigned one to make? While this may be graphics focused, it would be a nice bonus and way for people to show their artistic creativity. I know an immediate concern with this is that graphics may take time, which is the exact opposite of what people want from a box score, but still might be worth looking into. Thoughts?

I think you’re right in that having them take longer to come out isn’t something most people want. Everyone just kinda wants their stats as soon as they can get them since the whole point of having a player is seeing how they do.

Plus like who gives a shit about the artistic quality of a box score? No offense but I’d rather just get my stats asap i dont really care how the thing looks

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

03-24-2020, 11:40 PMJHS Wrote:
03-24-2020, 11:11 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: So I heard that the powers that be are working on getting a box score from game links. Crazy idea that someone might be able to work with, what about a system similar to the old PBPs where people could volunteer to be assigned one to make? While this may be graphics focused, it would be a nice bonus and way for people to show their artistic creativity. I know an immediate concern with this is that graphics may take time, which is the exact opposite of what people want from a box score, but still might be worth looking into. Thoughts?

I think you’re right in that having them take longer to come out isn’t something most people want. Everyone just kinda wants their stats as soon as they can get them since the whole point of having a player is seeing how they do.

Plus like who gives a shit about the artistic quality of a box score? No offense but I’d rather just get my stats asap i dont really care how the thing looks

It's not an artistic choice for them to come out longer, it's that it's not easy to take the exports FHM gives us and to turn them into what we need. There's a ton of back-end coding going on to get us to the point where we can have the box scores on the site at all much less make them look nice

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I think this might be an elegant short-medium term solution.

Anyone got any ideas as to how it should be organised if we tried this?

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 10:59 AM by BDonini.)

03-25-2020, 03:37 AMTomasnz Wrote: I think this might be an elegant short-medium term solution.

What if we just had someone hired to post screenshots of the in game box scores in the mean time?

Something like this but obviously for both teams

[Image: unknown.png?width=960&height=161]
[Image: unknown.png?width=960&height=356]
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

03-25-2020, 03:37 AMTomasnz Wrote: I think this might be an elegant short-medium term solution.

I mean the LRs im in are posting the screenshots in their own discords. Could possibly have a site thread for each teams boxscores that get populated by the teams

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2801476

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I cannot believe they made the transition without box scores.

#noboxscorenoindex

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius