Create Account

S53 WFT #1 - Bold Predictions

03-27-2020, 12:07 AMgoldenglutes Wrote:
Quote:bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do

FOR - we all know Hamilton's going to do well. That's already a given. With a strong roster and a good goalie, not to mention a team of strong test simmers, there's a very low chance that they won't do well. And I expect the rest of the league, being the calm and collected people we all are, will applaud them on their efforts and strong roster building.

ok this is ez tpe

league no like hamilton

hamilton no like league

aaron wilson will say something dum, somebody will take it to mean he found another exploit, and we will get some juicy thunderdomes

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Code:
Puolivalmiste - TEX goalie White Goodman will be Rookie of the Year

Lol goalies winning awards. Also it seems like looking at some FHM sims goalies tend to get scored on at similar numbers to Simon and in order to shine for RoTY you really have to put up numbers that I'm not sure a rookie goalie has the TPE to put up.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Quote:Luke - Toronto will win fewer than 7 games

I really don't think it's going to happen like that. Yes they may not have the best possible season, but winning less than double digits? That seems silly. They could call up a few good prospects (myself not included) that could very well be a good 3rd or 4th line if the need arises.

[Image: armada.png] Joined the fleet, here to win it all! [Image: armada.png] 29th overall pick in S52 SMJHL draft [Image: armada.png]
[Image: eO0raaZ.png]
[Image: lowrie.png]

Quote:Fordyford - Hamilton will finish dead last in the league

From what I've heard from my short time in an SHL locker room, I think that the Hamilton players and GMs are pretty knowledgeable about FHM 6, so at the very very least, I see them finishing second last in the league.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Quote:bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do
I truly think Hamilton will do well this season since they have a team full of talented players along with a drive to win. The only reason I disagree with this statement is the second half. If Ham does well, there are plenty of people who will complain and claim they have broken the engine just because they can't accept that maybe a team with roughly 14 people over 1K TPE might be good.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Quote:Katth - Toronto will not finish last in the league

I can see that. More important than actual tpe in the FHM era, tactics and skill of the GMs and coaches will decide games. Preseason has shown that while Toronto loses high a significant amount of times, they can also beat other teams. And I bet their GMs are far from the worst in the league.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Code:
Fordyford - Hamilton will finish dead last in the league

AGAINST. There are bold predictions, and then there are the crazy ramblings of a mad man. This prediction ends up clearly in the second group. Have you seen Hamilton's team? Their players? The TPE counts? The "spend every minute awake trying to figure out the best strategy"-management team? The Hamilton Steelhawks are considered strong contenders of the cup, and rightfully so. They have won every single preseason game except one that clearly was just a fluke. There is no way, in my opinion, that Hamilton does not at the very least reach the semi-finals. And I would be quite surprised to see them not win the President’s Trophy.

Just to help us visualize just how much better Hamilton is that the the bottom half of teams in the league, I found the available shot totals for their preseason games.

Hamilton Steelhawks: 64(!!!) shots
Minnesota Chiefs: 18 shots
This alone should be enough for anyone to see that there is no single way that Hamilton will end up last. Just look at this! They had sixty-four shots on net! And that is without any overtime periods.

Hamilton Steelhawks: 54(!!) shots
Minnesota Chiefs: 15 shots
You see this? This time Hamilton only allowed 5 puny shots per period against Minnesota. Somehow the Chiefs came out on top of this one but there is no way they will be able to compete with the Steelhawks come the regular season.

Hamilton Steelhawks: 48(!) shots
Texas Renegades: 12 shots
Are you convinced yet? The Renegades only got a never before seen 12 sad shots on net the entire game. How are they possibly gonna be able to do anything with that? There is no way Texas wins a game against Hamilton in the regular season.

Hamilton Steelhawks: 49(!) shots
Chicago Syndicate: 20 shots
Now 20 shots is more respectable for an opponent of Hamilton's, but there is still no team that can stop their offense. Even against an arguably stronger opponent, the Steelhawks still manages to put up 49 shots on net in a single game!

Hamilton Steelhawks: 60(!!!) shots
Tampa Bay Barracuda: 10 shots
I wanted to save the best for last. Just look at this. Look at it! SIX(6) times more shots than their opponent. And the only reason Tampa got to a double digit shot total is because Hamilton gave up a 5-on-3 at the end of the game. Hamilton are gonna have to replace their players' sticks every period if they continue like this because they will for sure start falling apart.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Izzy's prediction about himself or Phelps winning an award is just absurd. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for each of them as players and users, but there are too many higher TPE players at this point for them to have a realistic shot.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

03-27-2020, 05:13 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
Quote:bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do
I truly think Hamilton will do well this season since they have a team full of talented players along with a drive to win. The only reason I disagree with this statement is the second half. If Ham does well, there are plenty of people who will complain and claim they have broken the engine just because they can't accept that maybe a team with roughly 14 people over 1K TPE might be good.

DISAGREE: You are clearly insane if you believe this. As the community conclusively decided during Hamilton's "cup win," a high TPE goalie is not a valid reason for winning, and neither is having high TPE star players like the fraud of a Stevens nominee they have on their back-end that only looked good because of the cheating ways of his management team. Only by drafting a team of tightly knit, active users at varied positions to build depth over time can you hope to achieve a legitimate cup win, and we all know Hamilton is not capable of doing THAT. Preseason is just preseason, when teams come to play that SCAM ARTIST Aaron Wilson will be so embarrassed because Hamilton had no good players all along.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Toronto will win fewer than 7 games

Toronto will win more then 7 games simply by accident there is no way they can win less just by sheer means of teams having an off night and possibly being fatigued they will luck ther way in to at least 10 wins. Less than 7?!? Unreal a claim like that should have gms booted they could walk in drunk all season and win at least 4 so sober I give them 10.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

03-27-2020, 05:35 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
03-27-2020, 05:13 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I truly think Hamilton will do well this season since they have a team full of talented players along with a drive to win. The only reason I disagree with this statement is the second half. If Ham does well, there are plenty of people who will complain and claim they have broken the engine just because they can't accept that maybe a team with roughly 14 people over 1K TPE might be good.

DISAGREE: You are clearly insane if you believe this. As the community conclusively decided during Hamilton's "cup win," a high TPE goalie is not a valid reason for winning, and neither is having high TPE star players like the fraud of a Stevens nominee they have on their back-end that only looked good because of the cheating ways of his management team. Only by drafting a team of tightly knit, active users at varied positions to build depth over time can you hope to achieve a legitimate cup win, and we all know Hamilton is not capable of doing THAT. Preseason is just preseason, when teams come to play that SCAM ARTIST Aaron Wilson will be so embarrassed because Hamilton had no good players all along.

Hamilton will have bad season, but not for thing mention here. Hamilton metalbirds will have bad season because they will not play Andrei. Simple. When i play, we win. When they think Andrei not worth, they lose. watch.

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

Luke - Edmonton will miss the playoffs:

First off, why Luke ;_; You cut me deep. But I am confident with our team that we can make play-offs at the very least. Might be very fair to say we are not one of the best teams right now or other teams have way more TPE in total (Wouldnt know, didnt check) but I am more than confident we will be in the play-offs with this team.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

03-27-2020, 06:26 PMClean Andrei Kostitsyn Wrote:
03-27-2020, 05:35 PMnotorioustig Wrote: DISAGREE: You are clearly insane if you believe this. As the community conclusively decided during Hamilton's "cup win," a high TPE goalie is not a valid reason for winning, and neither is having high TPE star players like the fraud of a Stevens nominee they have on their back-end that only looked good because of the cheating ways of his management team. Only by drafting a team of tightly knit, active users at varied positions to build depth over time can you hope to achieve a legitimate cup win, and we all know Hamilton is not capable of doing THAT. Preseason is just preseason, when teams come to play that SCAM ARTIST Aaron Wilson will be so embarrassed because Hamilton had no good players all along.

Hamilton will have bad season, but not for thing mention here. Hamilton metalbirds will have bad season because they will not play Andrei. Simple. When i play, we win. When they think Andrei not worth, they lose. watch.

I agree actually, call this man up

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 07:20 PM by Zomp.)

Quote:Y-man - New England will still miss the playoffs

I don't think there's a chance that New England is going to miss the playoffs. I'm pretty sure that worst case scenario Ola Wagstrom will single handily hard carry them there if need be.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 07:38 PM by KC15.)

bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do

Ummm, yeah, no. People – meaning me and at least two others – are pretty hacked at Hamilton’s over the top breaking of the sim. It’s understood that every one is looking for an advantage, because they want to win, but the premeditated way they went about abandoning any semblance of playing a simulation of real life hockey and making it completely about a video game is just too much. And not one ounce of remorse for the untold hours upon hours of extra work they put on those in charge of the transition to the FHM sim. smh

And now they are out to do it again with the FHM sim.. They would likely never want me in Hamilton, but I would immediately retire and leave the SHL altogether if I were ever traded to or drafted by Hamilton. In fact, they break the sim again and I’m likely to leave forever.

I doubt enough people disagree with me that everyone will stay calm and cool about a Hamilton success in the very next season after they almost destroyed everyone’s fun by burning down the league with their insatiable desire to win at any cost in our shared hobby.