Create Account

S53 WFT #1 - Bold Predictions

Quote: hotdog - Aleister Cain will finally take home an award (it's not bold because he's got a ton of TPE but it is bold cuz we all know he stink)

I think this bold prediction is really going to pan out because hotdog is a beautiful soul and is never wrong. though I guess I hope he is wrong this time because that's my goalie. although actually I'm still in the J so he's not my goalie yet. so hotdog wins.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

03-27-2020, 05:29 PMSegi Wrote:
Quote:Katth - Toronto will not finish last in the league

I can see that. More important than actual tpe in the FHM era, tactics and skill of the GMs and coaches will decide games. Preseason has shown that while Toronto loses high a significant amount of times, they can also beat other teams. And I bet their GMs are far from the worst in the league.

You wanna bet punk?

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

In their 19th seasons, one of either Robert Phelps or Mike Izzy will win one of the awards for the S53 season.

While I do believe both will have strong seasons, I can't see either winning any major awards with all the amazing young talent entering their prime years all gunning for those glorious accolades. 

Puolivalmiste - TEX goalie White Goodman will be Rookie of the Year

If he wasnt on a shit team maybe but Goodman won't be able to put this team on his back and win enough games or have good enough stats to win it all. A nomination i wouldnt be surprised but winning it no way.

Quote:Luke - Toronto will win fewer than 7 games

Disagree, but only cause I'm confident we'll be the backup game eater for many teams and we're just good enough to keep those games competitive. But to be clear to everyone, this is possible if I run certain tactics. I fucked around with tactics in tests and had a few sims where this happened

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Code:
Y-man - New England will still miss the playoffs

I think New England has too much TPE on their roster for them to miss the playoffs this season. I think they will solidly make the playoffs even with the unknowns of FHM.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

buffalo will not miss the playoffs. They will barely make it. They will barely claw their way into success riding a hot hand of Grok and will find success. JY silly

Code:
Katth - Toronto will not finish last in the league

This isn't bold at all. Toronto will be god awful this season and everyone knows it.

Code:
Luke - Toronto will win fewer than 7 games

This however is. I think they'll be able to compete in a few games, especially if teams are running their backups. Should be around 10 wins or something like that.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do

Since they spent a long time trying to mess with Simon and succeeded, I don't see why they can't master FHM here. GG to them if they do. However, everybody will not be calm about it, and def not very calm. A couple people will be very upset, most will be mildly calm, but only one person will be cool and that person is hotdog.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Luke - Edmonton will miss the playoffs
--> Rude, how dare you sir. Edmonton will make the playoffs twice.

bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do
--> but they cheated?!1?!!! this won't happen. *bold*

Y-man - New England will still miss the playoffs
--> I like this one. History says yes, but TPE and a new sim seeming promising. My favorite of the bunch.

hotdog - Aleister Cain will finally take home an award (it's not bold because he's got a ton of TPE but it is bold cuz we all know he stink)
--> nah he's too short. He won't be able to cover the top of the net.

Mike Izzy - In their 19th seasons, one of either Robert Phelps or Mike Izzy will win one of the awards for the S53 season.
--> get out of here grandpa. respect if they win though.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

03-27-2020, 12:01 AMhotdog Wrote:
bbjygm - Hamilton will do well and everybody will be very calm and cool about it when they do
I think it goes without saying that Hamilton will do well. They've got a lot of TPE on the roster and they've got a lot of smart people who love to test and research. Of course, however, not a single person will remain calm about it. I'm planning a series of riots that will take me across the whole country, torching cars in every province. Stay tuned.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Fordyford - Hamilton will finish dead last in the league

This is just insane. Toronto exists. Plus, it really seems like Hamilton is zigging when everyone else is zagging. I think they're going to do well, just because they've proven to be sim testing psychopaths (which is a compliment, for the record) and they want to do well. They have more than enough good players to make a run at winning the East, and the idea they'd even come close to finishing dead last just is unfathomable. They'll have the most eyes on them, for sure.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Hamilton will finish dead last in the league

No they won't, they have the legendary sim breakers Gabriel Johnson and Dale Miller. This is the same group that dominated STHS by figuring out some OP strategies/builds that would help them win games, who's saying they won't do it again? Not me!

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Code:

Let us be totally honest here. I think we all know Hamilton will do well. They have a pretty great roster of high earners so it only makes sense they would do well. However, we the masses, will not be very calm or cool about it. Hamilton has made itself the PenKnight of SHL teams, someone to loathe with a fiery storm of hate. There is a reason that the phrase "Fuck Hamilton" is still prevalent, it is because we, the masses, need someone or something to hate and Hamilton will remain that easy-button until some new scandal.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

03-27-2020, 08:25 PMml002 Wrote:
03-27-2020, 05:29 PMSegi Wrote: I can see that. More important than actual tpe in the FHM era, tactics and skill of the GMs and coaches will decide games. Preseason has shown that while Toronto loses high a significant amount of times, they can also beat other teams. And I bet their GMs are far from the worst in the league.

You wanna bet punk?

I would if I had money.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath