Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

[Image: vZjVj1h.jpg]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

A negotiator - A negotiator needs to be cunning... smart, and absolutely devious. When I think of these three attributes, I think of one guy: Dilk. Dilk is a master of deception. He can pull off some lopsided deals using his semi-illegal bribing tactics. He's a bad boy with a bad attitude.

A strategist - When i think of a man i want on the bench - they have to have a deep voice and an athletic background. Frithjofr (Darnell Johnson) is your man. He can put the fear of God into anybody - he's a truly intimidating presence.

A scout - Gabe Johnson - the man is the bob McKenzie of the SHL - he always nails his prospect predictions and he's a fantasy beast. Gabe is undoubtedly an analytical mind.

A clubhouse leader - Honestly, this is me. When times are tough, i can come through with a single three lettered word that lifts the proverbial monke off of my teammates backs. I'm like coal - pressure makes me into a diamond...... epic.

[Image: slAsZRj.png]

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

A negotiator: I think this would have to be Esa from Calgary dragons. Since I started SHL in S20, this man has been a force of nature for the dragons. Not only as a player but as a GM as well. Calgary Dragons are one of the few teams who have continuously been very strong and this is thanks to Esa. He knows how to build the perfect team.

A strategist is someone that has alot of experience with the system and thus i believe it should be none other than DrunkenTeddy. The man knows what he is doing and is a master at FHM. No wonder why Hamilton has been very strong recently.

A scout is someone that has an eye for picking the right prospects and candidates for their team. This has to be none other than Stamkosfan. He is a very engaging individual and knows who to lay his eyes on. Sweden have had good success because of him.

As a clubhouse leader, i think this is easily Wasty. Everyone loves to play for Wasty. The man is super chill and is also a god at graphics. He is willing to help beginners polish their skills in photoshop and that's what he did to me. Everything about him just makes you want to play for him.

[Image: 6c148GU.png]
[Image: 1JDgYfw.png]

simmer claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Code:
Written task: write 150+ words that relate to assembling a front office according to the guidelines below. You can make suggestions for all four positions, or focus on just one or two (or three), you can make a suggestion for a 5th position not listed below, or you can write about which of these positions you think you would personally be best at.

Personally, I think the Jets already have everything in place to be a successful franchise. We just need a little push over the hump to get where we want to be. I think that Goku Muerto is the perfect candidate to be the negotiator. He's been around for a long time and has that ability to take the Jets deep into the playoffs. It maybe look tough right now but he's done an incredible job at drafting some fantastic prospects for the future as well as making tough trades for the franchise. I've always had easy negotiations with him and feel as though when we get closer to competing, he can snag a few free agents to bolster our roster. When assembling my front office, I want none other than Nick Brain for my strategist. He has been integral in the way that I've been trying to build my player. He's done a lot of research and put a lot of time into trying to make everyone be at their best and I think it's great to have someone that's knowledgeable about these attributes because they can be quite hard to comprehend.

Code:
192 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

If I wanted to start a front office, I don't have to venture far to find my picks. I've been away from the game for over 20 seasons, but I've never lost that feeling of wanting to build up a team. I have people for some of the more integral roles, the negotiator, the strategist, the scout, and the clubhouse leader. Let's begin.

First, I'm picking myself to be both the negotiator and the strategist. In my hay-day, I was one of the best GMs this league has ever seen. My bread and butter was managing the cap, balancing my roster, and putting together the best line combinations. I was notorious for getting the absolute most out of my roster. I would definitely take these two roles.

For my scout, I'm taking Tony Pepperoni. This man observes all the talent in the SHL and the SMJHL. He's got spread sheets created and knows the personalities of almost all prospects. He doesn't just have his toes in the water, my man is full on swimming in it.

Finally, my clubhouse leader is Conor Tanner. The perfect team player and leader of the team. He can get the team to believe in themselves and motivate them when things look down. He's the guy I want inspiring my team.

That's my front office, and one that would run roughshod on the league.

(229 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

If I had the fortune of getting my own expansion team and building my own front office. I would choose the following members to lead the expansion Uganda Unicorns:

Gorlab the Negotiator – In the height of his SHL career, no one was a better a negotiator than Gorlab the great. He represented all of the best players in the SHL and got them great deals. He could pull a Mike Gillis and go from agent to GM. He would also do a great job of managing the team budget and bribing FAs with cool sigs.

Aaron Wilson the Strategist – The SHL had been going on for a long time before the legendary Aaron Wilson found out the most optimal strategy for it. Who else could you ask for to help find the best strategies?

Teztify the Scout – Tez built a dynasty in Edmonton and always had very solid drafting. He took the lead in scouting for Chicago in S46 and had very detailed spreadsheets and scenarios for the draft that ensure long-term success.

JNH the Clubhouse Leader – JNH has always been a charismatic and extremely vocal LR leader ever since I joined the league in S11. I couldn’t ask for anyone better to hold the team together!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 12:08 AM by CFJ.)

Hmm, a Front Office eh. Since my SHL Shield members are no longer around in the league anymore. That eliminates two options for picks. However if I were to have an expansion team which would be the Quebec Nordiques. Here's the following people I would have in my Front Office.

A negotiator - @Steelhead77 A great hand in terms of building team through many different situations. Even when people on the site don't believe that the Dragons are in a competitive position to compete. He comes out and surprises the league with the way he's on top of things with contracts and getting along with player personnel.

A strategist - @Wasty I'd like to get him a Cup in a situation like this. Even though he probably won't leave LAP ever, it'd be an interested way for him to win a Cup. LAP has been a team through a lot but he always seems put some solid teams together to get the inevitable Cup that he deserves.

A scout - @Zoone16 I've worked with him in Kelowna and know him well over the time on the site as I've won a Cup with him in WKP. He has a great eye when it comes to talent and he's from Montreal as well. Need some QC Flavour.

A clubhouse leader - @ByrdeMan An overall fun guy, who doesn't like Latino Heat Burd Guerrero.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

[Image: 7DQzOec.png]

My front office is made up of members of the Old Boys Club of season 47 draftees.

As the negotiator, SDCore is plenty qualified to make the big numbers decisions. Budgeting real-life decisions like engine switches and server costs, and pulling the trigger on ambitious site changes, or cutting subsidizations to inefficient site departments. He was selected as the most effective leader on the site and my front office is happy that he took the demotion.

My strategist is Hotdog, who has done a grand job managing the New England wolfpack, and consistently puts his players where they need to be in order to be successful (except for last season). In the above card graphic, you can see him about to announce the lines for the night. Surely all winners.

My scout is Carpy48. we only overlap in 2 discord servers, so he was a wider scouting breadth than me. As the all-star on the floundering Toronto North Stars, he is well versed in the young studs and coming generation (which will hopefully hold opponents to fewer than 69 shots on goal.

The clubhouse leader is Fordy. The young, fiery brit gets the boys going. The strength and conditioning coach gets the gang working hard on and off the ice.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

[Image: GABM8HU.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

04-08-2020, 02:33 AMWasty Wrote: [Image: GABM8HU.png]

Looking Sharp.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

One day, I hope to get into management in the SHL. The conversion to FHM has given me, and Darnell, a chance to shine. I'm by no means an FHM expert, but I'm familiar enough that I was able to leverage my knowledge into a coaching position in NOLA. This year hasn't been working out exactly as planned, but I've been overall fairly pleased with my performance. Looking forward, I hope Darnell one day gets a chance to manage a team after he retires as a player. Building a front office, for me, will be fairly easy as I've been exposed to lots of great guys over the year I've been here who have helped me (and lots of other players) develop.

Dream team:

Negotiator: Lots of great options here, but I can't see any of the legendary negotiators leaving their posts to come join me. I think a guy like @FuzzSHL would be a good choice. We think pretty similarly and I know we both consider long term options in the decisions we make, and that's an important quality for someone you're looking to build a team with.

Strategist: Myself, probably. If I can be a little more focused on the overarching strategy while having a like-minded guy like Fuzz to help me get there, that would be prime. I'm no expert by any means, but I've gotta do something on the team.

Scout: If time was no problem, @artermis would be my first choice. He and Acsolap together have taught me everything I know about scouting as it pertains to the J. I've also been given lots of opportunities by Joe and TDZ, but Arty is hands down the best scout I've seen, and a large part of the reason Anchorage is what it is today. If Arty's unavailable, I'd look to bring in one of the Anchorage group guys like Gabe or Dilker who helped us run our successful combine not too long ago.

Clubhouse Leader: It's gotta be @Jenny. No question. If Jenny (understandably) isn't up for the task, then luckily we've got no shortage of options. A large part of the reason I'm still active today is because of the locker room at Anchorage. Lots of great people who keep each other active and motivated.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

A negotiator - My negotiator is @Weretarantula. Stand your ground and don't get fucked. Also his Australian accent just makes people want to give up their players for us, just like that.

A strategist - I couldn't have asked for a better coGM and coach in @Naosuso I don't want to change anything here. He's been spot on with our strategy in the new sim and is front running our battle against low stamina in our stupidly packed schedule.

A scout - As head scout I select: @gordieboom. Even though he doesn't do any scouting in SHL anymore, he's doing amazing in another manager sim league that we play and has build quite a consistent team already in just his second season and maybe by tagging him he will come back to the site for a bit.

A clubhouse leader  - I want to say Linda, but our real clubhouse leader is @CFJ. Leading the DBC to rule and pwn the league.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

My tactics would be simple and just include people I like who I know are doing stuff roughly similar. My strategist would be Aaron Wilson since he was really good for the Whalers and same for Hamilton albeit includes an *

Negotiator would be Luke since he is also a successful GM who is usually signing a good amount of people and is a good dude. Could probably get some decent people in.

I would be the clubhouse leader. In this situation I would be just SHL and focus entirely on that position and I know I could do a good job with it as well. So if we're doing this sitaution I may as well get who would be the best with time.

As for a scout? I do not really know who I would get. Probably Noka if he would want that position just purely cause I like him. Maybe Tom Hanks if he would decline but this one is just way more flexible to pick.

[168 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]