Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

So I have to admit that the executive type stuff isn't my strong suit. I just like to get out there and play and let other people worry about strategy, recruitment, and all that. I'm able to do that because of the fine staff the Anaheim Outlaws have, arguably the best in the league. Therefore, when I'm thinking about a team of executives I'd build, my mind heads to those I know best.

Negotiator: @BDonini There's a reason why the Outlaws are always full of talent, lost draft picks be damned. He drafts well and has a knack for finding quality guys other teams might overlook in free agency.

Strategist: @SDCore He might be an Outlaws traitor, but I'd still trust him with my simmin' life, and not just with hockey.

Scout: OK, what I wrote for the negotiator kind of applies here too. Donini clearly wears many hats.

Clubhouse leader: @thiefofcheese was our guy until this season and really had a knack for it. He's more quiet now that he's moved onto the big leagues, but he was the heart and soul of the Outlaws for so long.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 12:52 AM by Muerto.)

If I were a GM, this would be the dream team of people who from my experience are very good at what they do and who I would recruit to run the team. They all have skills and talents that overlap into other roles beyond the ones I assigned them to here, so they could bring a real all-around aspect to the management team:

Negotiator: @Wasty is a GM who is both bold and willing to make big moves if he thinks it can help the team, but isn't always about trying to 'win' a trade or screw other people over. He puts realistic values on players, established or prospects, and targets players he wants through draft, trade, and free agency.

Strategist: @Leafs4ever was very good at getting the best out of his lines and strategies in STHS. Does he still have the touch with FHM? No doubt in my mind! Also he is hugely respected around the league and would grant instant gravitas to the team he was on.

Scout: @WannabeFinn always seems to have a revolving door of prospects coming in and aging players moving out, and gets great success in building a well-rounded team, and generally sees success in his draft picks, in terms of becoming quality SHL players.

Clubhouse Leader: @Mike Izzy brings so much enthusiasm and creates great content highlighting his team and teammates, creates a lot of pride in the players who wear his team's colors, he would bring a lot of energy and excitement!

Bonus Mystery Role: @JayWhy is the best GM I have ever seen in action, whether juniors or SHL, and truly cares about everyone on the team, so I would hire him and just let him do whatever he wanted!

:challengecup: :challengecup: :challengecup: :challengecup: :challengecup: :challengecup: :challengecup: :challengecup:

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

When I examine the different choices, it's hard to consider myself for any of them. I like to think I have what it takes to be an excellent negotiator, but when I really started to compare myself to others that I know in the game I feel as though I am not an excellent negotiator at all as I would make shitty trades and bend to the will of players when it came to contract talks. Next up is a strategist and although I know I have relative skill when it comes to thinking the game of hockey, again I am outmatched in this category. Mook is the coach of our team and the very definition of a strategist and I just marvel at what he does on a regular basis. I can see myself helping in the scouting category, there is some value I can offer when it comes to assessing SIM league talent. However, I think the best role for me would be as the clubhouse leader. I've been captain before and although I am not as active on Discord I can really bring a lot of positive energy to the room and help cheer the team on.

202 words

[Image: p82ugau.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2020, 10:39 AM by juke.)

Negotiator: @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn - One of the most aggressive players on the ice, I'm hoping he brings that fire to the negotiation table. Either that, or I'm hoping he confuses/annoys the other GMs to the point where they give in to his demands just to get it over with.

Strategist: @SDCore - This was probably the easiest choice of the bunch. SD is constantly testing out sims and new builds, as well as cooking up new strategies in FHM. Every time our team seems to have a bad day, he makes some adjustments and by the next sims we're going 2-0. He's been spam pinged 1000 times about FHM build help, and the fact that we are where we are in the standings despite being one of the lowest TPE teams in the SMJHL is a testament to his strategic ability.  

Scout: @Nhamlet - I think part of being a scout is just putting in the work, and no one works harder than him. He has detailed depth charts of every team, knows the second a team calls a player up or signs a new free agent, and probably knows every teams positional weakness for next year better than their own GM does. 

Clubhouse Leader: @Rindiee - Our current captain, a great dude, and one of my favorite people on the site. I'm pretty sure everyone is a fan of his, and he's got great team spirit while also being able to chat to everyone about almost anything.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Negotiator: For sure it has to be my SHJML gm Cassius Darrow, after all he got me really fast in Colorado. I have no doubt this man could make anyone sign anywhere for any amount of money, he's real good.
Strategist: I don't know much about strategy, I'm just a little player, but this Noah johns II guy in Colorado sure seems like he knows how to win hockey games, leads the team in goals and +/-, so you can't score when he's on the ice either, he must be doing well. I'm sure he'd fit well in that role!
Scout: Keygan, GM and Amateur scout for the Edmonton Blizzard, that guy has put together one of the best SHL teams ever and it's not even close, he saw me as the steal I am, clearly he has an amazing eye.
Clubhouse leader: I haven't met many players since joining but Sven Svenson in Colorado is probably who I'd pick, he's always there to cheer on guys when they're doing well or cheer up those who aren't doing so good. Win or Lose he's always cheering us on and believing in the team.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

the negotiator in my front office will obviously be dwight schrute. dwight is an expert at bartering and getting the best possible deal possible when he is negotiating for things. dwight is also not afraid to use force when necessary while on the job, showing the passion and drive for negotiating that one can only hope for. my strategist will obviously be ryan howard. ryan is a wunderkid, a boy genius, and he has been attending business school. ryan is way smarter than anyone else in the office so he will obviously be the chief strategist. pam will be the scout. she has a good eye for talent and is a pretty creative person, so i will entrust her to be at the front of the office, scouring out into the halls for talent. lastly, i, michael scarn, will be the clubhouse leader. i am a great manager and know how to get the most out of my troops.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Negotiator -@WannabeFinn of course. He got me for a steal so I'd want him in my front office making deals and skimming off the top for our weekend benders if you know what I mean.
Stategist - @Tomen also no brainer. There is a reason why [Image: 33e.jpg] gets spat out when you type :tomen: in the buffalo discord (or any discord if your not a non-nitro pleb)
Scout - This is also a very obvious choice with @Daco. This man historically publicly tampered myself and a number of other Buffalo prospects. While he did get caught, I feel like I need a scout with elephant sized stones to do the dirty work to bring us the best players possible even if it's against their will.
Clubhouse Leader - The only person I'd die for on this website is @Pingy Pingu. I feel with his leadership and work ethic, any team around him would play to win for him.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

The Strategist - How can one take a look at the SMJHL and not select the Notorious T.I.G. The last season in the SMJHL is clearly evident that Tig knew exactly what he was doing. Even the beginning on this season is evidence that the Detroit Strategies are working in full force. As I prepare to log off every night, I see on the side of my discord chat “Tig is currently playing FHM6”. Happy simming, or just regular simming I guess and also ANGRY simming, there is no better Strategist that TIG. As the season continues, I expect to see Tig Angry simming less and less often. 

Although just a Second year vet now, Roastpuff is definitely going to be a clubhouse leader. He is always on top of his TPE game and has the answer to most any question we can ask in the locker room. He gives a hoot about the Falcons and the game in general and you can just really tell he’s going to be a future leader in our organiazation.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

the master baiter : Steve is (after me) most popular person and people like him so he can use people to build good team. i even predict after few seasons he will be SHL GM. watch. @"NeonLime"

A strategist - Easy pick here : Andrei. i keep telling coach how ameliorate team. sometime coach listen, sometime not. so we only ameliorate team 50% of possible ameliorization. people not know i have great experience in leagues and i understand machines. i am machine.

A scout - Easy again : Keygan. Why ? he draft andrei. well he tell team to draft andrei. wise man. best scout in league @Keygan
[Image: keygan10.png]

A clubhouse leader - for be honest, all newfies are club house leader. very positive team have good humor. Example ? if i search for 'congrats' in locker room, i see names Ham, jnh, Potts, jukka, burd, patty, carpy, kluster, etc. they all congrat teammates. am suppose to choose one person, so i will name ham. he is silent hero. he keep team togeder.  @Nhamlet

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

Negotiator: He's been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but @WannabeFinn is one of the best. WBF isn't afraid to make bold moves, like making the two trades involving their first-round pick in this past draft, and he usually comes out with the better end of the deal. One needs only to look at the infamous McZehrl trade where he stole Minnesota's entire future in exchange for one player to prove this point.

Strategist: I gotta go with @golden_apricot. He's helped to smoothly transition the Anchorage Armada into the FHM era, taking them to the top of the West in the FHM engine after nearly twenty games despite the team finishing second-last in the last season of STHS. The man knows FHM inside and out and how to get the best out of his team.

Scout: Vancouver was in a tough spot last season after largely whiffing on a Reddit draft and losing their MVP-calibre starting goalie and three top defensemen in the offseason. @dmills3 and @Gwdjohnson helped restock the cupboards by adding four active drafted rookies and three active free agents with only one inactive draft pick, including the team's new starting goalie and three new defensemen. What was possibly the worst roster in the league heading into the draft has hung around .500 in a tight Western Conference in large part thanks to these additions.

Clubhouse Leader: I'm going to pick @sve7en for this one. Carolina was a team that was heavily depleted in the offseason, losing a ton of forwards, their starting goalie, and being forced to ship out their best veteran defenseman for picks. From the outside looking in, Wagner's captaincy has been marked by helping to keep a large rookie class active and engaged in a season where the on-ice results aren't necessarily the best so far, and that's very respectable.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

oooo, cool PT!

Negotiator (General Kenobi) - @JKortesi81 - Although I only had the opportunity to play with him the one season he is definitely the most dedicated and self-motivated user I've had the pleasure of dealing with. When the time came to start his own expansion squad several users were more than ready to join him and he continues to build a competitive roster each season since acquiring the team.
Strategist - @Keygan - it's no secret the Blizzard rattled off back-to-back president trophies the first two seasons keygan joined me as the co-gm. This guy knows what's up with the sim and it continues to show as we enter the FHM era. Shoutout to Salami as well, they both work hard to maximise the effort of the roster.
Scout - @"tommysalami" - I've had the pleasure of working with several scouts, but none quite as organised as this dude. He stays on top of things and is quite aware of all potential prospects.
Clubhouse Leader - @caltroit_red_flames - I was tempted to say muford, but I'll give Cal the edge. Not only is he incredibly friendly and active in the LR, he is very involved in all things SHL and is just such a tremendous resource of knowledge. His abathur game is quite polished now too.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

[Image: keygon_negotiator.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

I'm sorry @golden_apricot it's just all I could come up with in my head

[Image: E4VK3zv.png]

Chris de Siren - S52 Anchorage Armada | S53 Calgary Dragons 19th Ovr Draft Pick 

[Image: qc4SnW8.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 12:58 AM by Otrebor13.)

If I had the opportunity to build my ideal SHL Front Office, I think it would look something like this:

Negotiator: Robert Phelps @DrunkenTeddy
I think this role fits Teddy perfectly. I don’t think there are too many people in the SHL that dislike Teddy, and he would be great at negotiating deals and attracting Free Agents to any team he is a part of. This would be the perfect fit.

Strategist: Aaron Wilson @aaronwilson
None other than the man himself, Aaron Wilson would no doubt be my strategist. While a controversial figure in the SHL in his short time here, this is probably someone people might not like or want in their front office, but fuck that. I know Aaron from our days in Vancouver and he’s one of the brightest guys I’ve been around when it comes to sim hockey. And if there’s one guy I want leading the charge to make adjustments, it’s him.

Scout: Luke Thomason @"luketd"
You just have to take Luke here. I was debating as having him as my negotiator as well, but I think the scouting position is more fitting here. In his time as GM of the Whalers he scooped me up as a free agent (Dale Miller as well, but whatever) and he drafted so well and put together a team that would go on to win a four star cup right before everyone made their SHL debuts.

Clubhouse Leader: Ron Mexico
As someone who was around in the early days of the SHL, I know Mexico was a fantastic player, but also a well respected player. To this day, he remains a legend in the SHL and one many people look up to. I would no doubt have Mexico as my clubhouse leader.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

A negotiator - @dankoa - Not that I would know what it is like to be scouted by him, but from all the people I know that have been scouted by him, he must blow their mind because all they talk about is how great he is and how wonderful their contracts are. I have even heard that he controls some of his players by pulling their hair underneath their big ol hats.

A strategist - @notorioustig - I must give it to this man or woman or w/e they call themselves, it's 2020 now so anything goes. But they/them/it are always angerly simming in FHM and I know Tiggie Smalls is a master strategist because every strat I throw at em I get, "I have already tried it", which blows my mind because I come up with some dumb strats. 

A scout - @Mutedfaith - I feel like this man researches everything. Actually, I know he does! This is a man of knowledge and knows what to look for in a up and comer. They are very strongly minded on a lot of subjects and it is for the good, so if he can see that in someone, he knows that you will make it. He does not see that in me, and I am doomed...

A clubhouse leader - @Gwdjohnson - I don't know Gabe all that well but seems to be the joke of the sim sites. Which is why I think he would make a great leader in the club house. A person that would be the glue in the locker room for the players and some players would look up too. Others may learn what not to do in life since they see the example Gabe shows.

Falcons (292 words) Chiefs

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]