Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

Negotiator - I'd have to go with dankoa, my current GM. He's made some solid deals and got us some good deals over the past few seasons. He's good at getting the right thing done without selling the future of the team and keeping us in a position to improve. We haven't really regressed, we're just climbing slowly.

Strategist - I just have to look at the teams that have been consistently good lately and Edmonton is the first team I think of. So I'd have to give it to Keygan. He always seems to have his team in the mix.

Scout - JKortesi81 is another guy who always seems to be in the mix with his team. He has a good eye for talent and is good at keeping his team motivated. He seems to know who will be a good fit and what it takes to be a good player while also looking at the whole team picture.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 06:40 AM by FinnRhys.)

The best management duo that I can think of would have to be the pairing of Hans Hammersmith (@CementHands) and my alter ego when we managed the DACH team to the World Juniors Championship Gold Medal.

Hans was ever the clubhouse leader. He was focused on getting the most out of people and it showed. A consumate professional and skilled motivator, Hans was able to make the players believe in themselves and each other.

I, on the other hand, was more focused on the Xs and Os of the strategies we would use against our opponents. Not to toot my own horn, but toot toot, I spent hours poring over film and finding creative ways to get our best playmakers the puck. It worked out, clearly, as we won the Gold Medal and went down in history as one of the finest coaching duos the WJC had ever witnessed. Without Hans we would have failed to inspire greatness. Without me, we would have failed to adjust our game plan to our strengths and our opponents weaknesses.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

I'd suggest introducing an all-new position to the Front Office, a team's personal ninja. Now, I won't go too deep on the details on why having a hired ninja to do all your dirty work but you need to remember how much important was the presence of Hanzo Hattori in guaranteeing the safety of Toyotomi Hideyoshi during the Sengoku Jidai period: we wouldn't have Japan like we currently have without his efforts! Plus, in these days where people complain about things such as a lack of privacy and a lack of security, having a sharp ninja guarantees both of those with simple, clean and merciless execution. Now, who would I suggest for such a role? Why, yours truly, that's who. Do you know any other folks with such a pedigree in the league? Probably not.

Alright, fine. Negotiator @BDonini, Strategist @nykonax, Scout @Segi and Clubhouse Leader @SpartanGibbles because Outlaws, yes.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

A negotiator - This is obviously @"luketd" - The guy is a powerhouse on the site and just a generally good dude. Hard to go against that and he drives a hard bargain.

A strategist - This would be @39alaska39 - He's a hell of a coach and did so much for the Rage that there si no reason he shouldn't participate in some way when it comes to strategy.

A scout - I'd pick @hhh81 for this spot. He's got an eye for great peoples in Colorado and he's also a generally great dude to talk to. I'm sure his experience and personality would make him an excellent choice for the title hands down.

A clubhouse leader - Probably @ImShiny He's the heart and soul of any locker room he is in and has to be the nicest person on this site hands down. He would make anywhere he goes better and anyt team would be thrilled to have his presence with them.

A negotiator @39alaska39 - there are so many people who I've encountered in my short time in the SHL that would do an amazing job at this but I think I would have to go with Alaska if I had to choose. A great user with a lot of experience, can't go wrong with that.

A strategist @DaftRaincloud - though I've only been part of two teams, daftraincloud seems like exactly the kind of user you'd want for this role. This is my first SHL season and DRC has been very helpful and transparent in th LR regarding tactics. Exactly the kind of person you'd want in charge of tactics imo.

A scout @StamkosFan - although I've never charged a SHL team LR with stamkosfan, I've gotten to know him through the team Sweden channel as well as a few other channels. Fantastic user that works hard and exactly the kind of user I feel like I'd want to have in charge of scouting.

A clubhouse leader @LordBirdman - although this is a fairly new user, LordBirdman has been nothing short of awesome in every instance that I've shared a LR with him. Although it's still early, he exibits all the sign of a cornerstone user that I feel very lucky to have shared multiple LRs with.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Clubhouse leader- roastpuff
Roast was one of Detroit’s super draft class that is currently tearing it up in the smjhl. His player may not be the statistically best on his team, but he is one of the major leaders in the clubhouse and is one of the foundations that hold it all together and allows his team to succeed. He would be one of my first choices.

Strategist- LordBirdman
Bird man has become heavily involved with the Colorado front office this season and is helping management with the strategic transition to FHM. His potential on and off the ice is high, so I would make it a priority to grab him for my front office.

Negotiator- CanadianCanuck
Another S53 create who was shown high leadership potential. He has already risen up the management chain for Vancouver and It was well deserved. He has a keen eye for the strategic personnel moves that teams have to make and I believe he is an ideal pick for my front office.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

For my front office, I'm picking people who I have had dealings with in my players career. So here it is:

Negotiater - JoeK - one of my current GMs, Joe is just an all around good dude. Not afraid to make a trade or to pull the trigger on big signings. Has done a great job create a great team and atmosphere.

Strategist - Frith - Frith has been super helpful with everyone's build since we made the switch to FHM. He's always willing to answer any questions and word hard to help win us some games.

Scout - Fuzz - I played with Fuzz in the juniors and he was one of the Specters scouts at the time. I was then drafted by the Specters, so I got to be on another team with Fuzz and that made me happy. Good scouting Fuzz!

Clubhouse leader - TDZ - TDZ fits in all of these categories, he is a great GM and an amazing locker room presence. Always willing to help out with any SHL related things or just to chat. Solid guy through and through.

A negotiator - My choice for negotiatior would be my Krakens GM Fuzz. From the beginning of his career, he scouted, found, and retooled an entire team int oa cup winning team and rookies who are now some of the most active on the site.

A strategist - My choice for strategist would be Luke. This guy loves his numbers and sometimes this is all about numbers and running simulations and figuring out what works best. It also requires an in depth knowledge and love of the game which Luke has definitely grasped.

A scout - This would be myself. I am working towards being a scout and I love talking to people and learning about their goals. As captain of the Krakens and co captain of the Rage I hope to be someone that can influence and encourage others to be on top of their game. Thus scout z0rem is here.

A clubhouse leader - I would choose none other than Fitted. He is already a tried and true clubhouse leader that everyone gets along with. This guy can light up a room with random wisdom and can throw down when he is feeling salty. The Cuda are definitely lucky to have him.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

A Negotiator- This one would have to be Wannabefin. He has made a ton of incredible trades as his time as gm and I honestly do not know how he does it. Some of the most notable ones are the McZ trade which he turned around and got Dizzy and some of other pieces that set up a cup win for Buffalo. And then in the last draft he negotiated quite well and came out on top of those trades.

A club house leader- I am going to have to go with Aron Hernadivic from Buffalo for a club house leader. He managed to get nominated for assistant captain early on in his career and he is just an all around great dude to have in your locker room. He keeps our moral up and brings us together when things get tough. He also gets the hottest chicks and I can see why. @"jfisherr"

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Negotiator: I choose Michael Fitted for negotiator. No one has the world experience with the art of the deal like Fitted does, and he has been in every bathroom on wall street doing lines of cocaine, so he knows who to talk to and how much cocaine to bribe them with

Strategist: I once again pick Michael fitted, because no one knows FHM as well as fitted does. Plus, he already advises at least two teams on builds both in the SHL and SMJHL, new and old players.

Scout: Michael Fitted. Fitted has this magnetism that causes people to gravitate towards him. Using his charm, and a dash of Terry enthusiasm, he can draw any human being into this league and they will kiss his feet

Clubhouse leader: are you kidding me? Obviously it's Michael Fitted. Everyone wants to play for him. His word is scripture, his face is the new idol. All will bow before Fitted because he is the son of the one true god, Terry Bradshaw. Fitted is risen. Amen.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

down the road after Kastrba’s playing days are over i could see him being A Clubhouse Leader. during his career he has been a part of a few championship teams but knows how long and tough that road to glory can be. he's joined a team at the peak of its power only for it to take seasons of hard work to finally win it all. he’s been a part of a team that had to fight its way to the top season after season. he knows regardless of how good your team is on paper it can take time for things to fall perfectly in to place. David is also no stranger to success OR failure while representing his home country in the IIHF. those are important experiences to have for someone who will need to keep their group from getting their heads stuck in the clouds during the good times and keep them in line during the tough or heartbreaking times.

Here is my ideal Front Office for an SHL team:

My negotiator would be Teztify. Knowing Tez for years and having played for his teams for many season, he absolutely knows how to both build a team and keep players around. Tez is very good at fostering a team identity and having his players to buy into it. It is what led to many players staying with Edmonton for a long time and not wanting to leave.

My strategist would be Mook. Though he is relatively new to the coaching game, he was the man the majority of Los Angeles allowed to create our, or at the very least mold out, FHM builds. With our current success being one of the top teams in the first season, he is someone I can trust bringing us to battle each night.

My scout would be Jaywhy. JY has always had a fantastic eye for talent at both the SMJHL and SHL level. He is very good at figuring out which young players will buy into the team and will stick around. Though like everyone he has a few blunders, he is very consistent and I would rather have no one else.

My clubhouse leader would be Nike. I've been on teams before with Nike where he very much took on a leadership role and he was always someone who would pump up the team. A very calming influence, he was a hard worker in the SHL and would inspire you to also work hard to improve your player.

Code:
256 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Now I know I’m biased when it comes to my answer for this PT, but I would have to say the best scout in this league is Ace. Hell he got me, a recreate, in the late 40’s pick in the draft so that tells you something. But joking aside he’s had some of the best drafts I’ve seen in quite some time and it’s a key reason he has built the dynasty roster that the New England wolf pack have right now.

I’m going to also make a 5th position, this is called team hype man and who better then to assign this role o Wasty. This role is responsible for players repping the brand that is their team and I feel he does a great job with this. Hell, I even considered going to LA just to get one of those sick custom sigs

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

A self-promotionist: I choose @bbjygm as my front office's self-promotion expert. He's very good at promoting himself, and really puts the pro in "self-promotion". He's a super cool dude, has a business degree specializing in promotion of the self, and even puts up posters of himself in the home arena for self-promotion purposes. He has invented an entire field of yoga dedicated to meditation of the self in order to clear one's mind of everything except the self. Only when one promotes themselves in their mind can they promote themselves externally. In fact, he's here right now trying to hijack this task to promote himself. He's very convincing, but I won't be fooled for his stellar self-promotion skills. I have a black belt in his field of yoga, so I'm highly proficient at ridding his self-promotion from my mind. In fact, it's so effective I haven't once caved and mentioned his stupendous success as a self-promotion artist. So take that, @bbjygm. Your self-promotion sucks. I'd never hire you (hehehe he has no idea I'm kidding).

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

A negotiator - I know a lot of good negotiators, but the one that stands out in my mind is @Ace. Ace is a patient negotiator and seems to have dirt on most of the GMs out there considering all of the good deals he's made for the Wolfpack. Ace is a big time competitor and will make the tough decisions to needed to make sure the team stays competitive.

A strategist - For strategist I'm choosing @goldenglutes. He's one of the main strategy makers in New England and is one of the most knowledgeable people in the league when it comes to FHM and coming up with tactics that fit the team.

A scout - Another no brainer here is @StamkosFan, Stammer has a pulse on everything that goes on in the SHL, and in coming draft classes are no different. Stammer always seems to have information on the majority of rookies and right around where there are going to be selected.

A clubhouse leader - For a clubhouse leader I'm going to go with someone I met down in the Juniors with St. Louis and that's @"jfisherr". Fisherr is a great and active locker room guy and was a great Captain during in his time in St. Louis. He's a solid guy who is always willing to help the younger players out and is one of the stand up guys in this league.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]