Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

I guess since i have to do this i'll just do a rundown of the buffalo organization from top to bottom. Sometimes you don't wanna do things but you gotta to get that tpe to inject into your pp so you reach max hardness by the end of your career! A negotiator - Well for this one i have got to go with none other than myself monkey d. luffy. I will negotiate the pants off anything and anybody and could argue black and white. I have been known to negotiate a 10x10 contract (a first for this league) but i sadly had to decline that to stay with my home. A strategist - Obviously tomen is the backbone of the strats here in buffalo country and that doesn't change. Mr awil himself but actually honest and not trying to cheat or break anything. Our scout would be zombo supreme, even tho he would be drunk the entire time but thats okay because i like the drunk takes and anyone he thinks is good usually turns out good. Now for clubhouse leader i have to say mr lee, WBF or else i would get severely punished. Because he is a nazi leader and basically if you question the rule around buffalo you get killed. so ya clubhouse supreme leeeader kekw

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Building a front office, I'd take a lot from the existing Texas front office team. Starting with the negotiator, I'd tip my hat to Dan the man, the one with the plan. @dankoa is an excellent negotiator and has a way of getting players to buy into the system and stick around. Going through a rebuild, it's always hard to keep players motivated and especially hard to bring in outside talent, but he's been able to do that as Texas is climbing its way out of a rebuild and gearing up for the future. For a strategist, I'd take @puolivalmiste. He's been pivotal at running tests and trials during the move to FHM to try and find the optimal lineups and strategies in a completely new sim engine for a team that is still trying to find its identity in the first place. For our scout, I'm taking @Jearim. He was the first contact I had with any member of the Texas organization before I was drafted, and he continues to be on the front lines of scouting each and every season. I think he's done a great job of identifying players that will make a lasting impact.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Let me go over my overall idea here. We're going to put together a head office with members of all of the little cults in the SHL and see if we can get all of them to slowly tamper their best players over a short period of seasons before free agency starts each season and then we can sign them as soon as it opens.

Negotiator - Alright cult #1 is Buffalo obviously and who better than their GM @WannabeFinn? Other people have been putting him as the negotiator because he's good at trades? Fuck that, we don't have to worry about trades or draft picks, I just need him to tamper people like @Zombiewolf and @Tomen.

Strategist - The strategist I'm going to choose is @JKortesi81. Tell me he's not the guy in charge of all things NOLA. Get him and we get guys like @Nictox and @TheDangaZone. EZPZ.

Scout - I'm going with @Blastmeaway here because he's the leader of the cult of Czechia and in there we have guys like @39alaska39, @"LukeTD" and @Inf1d3l (double dipping into NOLA there). Lots of high earners.

Clubhouse Leader - Finally the clubhouse leader would be @dankoa who probably leads the most culty cult in the SHL in Texas. I'll gladly sign anyone there except Walrus.

Honestly with the short contracts that are signed in the SHL we could make a super team through our tampering within a matter of say 2 seasons? Who needs draft picks anyway?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

A negotiator (GM tbf) - @JayWhy is someone whom I have never been so impressed by than seeing how they as a GM can build a plan for 10 plus seasons, and then set out to execute and iterate and refine, but never lose patience with the process.

A strategistTactician - @aaronwilson I like me some analytics and I like them being applied to my team to gain success. I would probably be looking to kerb some of the more potentially restrictive mono-build tendencies that we have seen in the past, but for assembling a dream team it is hard not to pick Aaron for this role.

A  scout - going for and [not really that] oldie here.. @King the one and only. I remember being scouted by him back in s45, and he had a great conversational style and methods of understanding how to turn what he learned from a 2-5 minute online chat into actionable value. He also managed to do it with a huge volume of players. which was super impressive right before the moment he burned to bright and fell from the sky.

A clubhouse leader - @hotdog I was tempted to pick fan favourite gecko for this role, but I think Hotdog better exemplifies how to build a rapport with others and then turn that into easy conversation that has just the right amount of challenge, banter and double entendre to keep a locker room humming.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

My hot front office for the Slip McScruffs is as follows:

@"luketd" the negotiator / master baiter
@FuzzSHL the strategist / coach
@StamkosFan the scout / recruiter
@Scrufdaddy the clubhouse leader

Our negotiator knows literally every single trade that has happened in the SHL and can trace the impact across SHL decades.  I expect him to whip out favorable comparables for every trade we need to make, negotiating the costs down / benefits up by passing other peoples' mistakes off as the market condition.  I also expect that he has a spreadsheet for budgeting that literally just solves for contracts for you.

Our strategist has been my boy with strats and lines for my entire tenure as USA fed head as well as running his own team in the SMJHL.  I don't need to explain any further, I got my guy here.

Our scout basically knows everything there is to know about the drafts, which means he can figure out who we should bring aboard to our team.  Similar to our negotiator, I expect he can influence the drafts as well to make prospects we want fall a bit more than they should.

And I'm the clubhouse leader, it's right there in the name.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 06:01 PM by ByrdeMan.)

A clubhouse leader

Well, I've been in the SHL for a long time. 7 years in June. I've met a lot of people that try to step up to the plate a be a leader. One of the best leaders I've ever met was @Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer. The god of the Texas Lockerroom back in S14-S25. One of the longest playing streaks in SHL history before TPE inflation. But there is someone else who comes to mind when I think of clubhouse leader now a days, and that man is @TnlAstatine , otherwise known as Luffy. The man who stepped up to the plate way back in his rookie season with the Lethbridge Lions and took control of situations even though he didn't have too. This man also fought for a championship with a squad who really didn't have much of a chance after his 3rd season, but he was committed to stick around. Then the same thing in Buffalo, though misunderstood sometimes Luffy is a true captain, a true leader. A guy I call my friend and my captain.

[Image: 336.jpg]

A Negotiator: Who's a better negotiator than @WannabeFinn on the forum? Not a lot of people can say they single handily destroyed a franchise twice in a row, the second time through trade. He can make some excellent trade on the forum and know how to squeeze the most out of his player when come contract time.
A Strategist/Scout: @Tomen is the person that come to my mind with this. Mostly with STHS but he's slowly developing with FHM as well. He knew what to look for in players, who to fear and who should be an easy win. He's also a good character judge and know who to target in drafts. He know what's missing for the team and what could be improved.
A Clubhouse Leader: Picking this in Buffalo is quite hard. I would say that many of them are leader in the locker room which create a very active team. I wouldn't even be able to pick one of them over the other, but if you end up in Buffalo, be ready for a wild run.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Negotiator - Wannbefinn 
It's clear that finn is one of the best GM's out there at making sure his team is one of the best in the league every season. The Buffalo Stampede have been an elite team for a very long time thanks to him so I think he would make for a great negotiator in my front office. I've always had to sadly talk to this dude for my contract money and know how hard it is to tell him no,
Strategist - LukeTD
idk how good he actually is at strategy but with all the statistics and stuff he has I think he would make for a great strategist. He has gm expierence as well so I'm sure he has picked up somethings of whats good and what's bad.
Scout - Tomen
I know I said finn was one of the best GM's out there are making sure his team is one of the best but in reality we should give a lot of the credit to Tomen. Every season Buffalo is able to get a great prospect pool and a lot of the credit has to go to Tomen for his hard work. 
Clubhouse Leader - Gwdjohnson
kekw

I'm not entirely sure if all these guys would get along cohesively but I'll assume they do the job to the best of their ability for the sake of my fake front office.

A negotiator - @WannabeFinn This guy seems like an excellent choice, further solidified by how many other people have chosen him, I wonder how many tags he's gotten in this thread alone. It seems like no one leaves Buffalo unless they're traded and they only get traded if Buffalo wins that trade. Finn is a king of asset management.

A strategist - @aaronwilson This choice could make my fake front office receive backlash but for an SHL it seems like a no brainer. Hamilton came out with different builds than a majority of people and are a very strong team. Aaron devotes an unhealthy amount of time to helping his team out and it's something I would welcome.

A scout - @ml002 I feel like in the current SHL there's no one under pressure more to hit with their draft picks. ML is in a lot of discords passively scouting 24/7. He's done a great job with drafts that I've seen in my time here and hasn't really made any misses. I don't have insight into Toronto's LR but I can only assume he does a great job developing his players.

A clubhouse leader - @Briedaqueduc I share a couple locker rooms with this guy and he's great to have around. A true beacon of positivity, Simon is always there in the good times and the bad. I'm glad to have him around as a Knights alumni and would take him for my fake front office as well.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 06:33 PM by Keygan.)

I would keep my front office fairly similar to the one I already have to be quite honest with you.

@TommySalami is an elite level organizer and evaluator, his talents behind the computer screen with excel sheets has allowed Edmonton to become cream of the crop in the analytical side of the ice. This has allowed our management team to make excellent draft selections over the past few seasons and it has allowed us to continue excelling on the ice.

@James Truong would be my clubhouse glue, this man without ever being prompted has taken a leadership role in the locker room, ensuring the entire roster is always to the minute up to date in regards to training opportunities across the league, this has allowed us to maintain a level of excellence in our on ice production.

I will give both myself and @karlssens the negotiator role, I do not think there is a trade you could point to us as losers in since Karl and I have been on the same management team, we know when to hold them and when to fold them and it has done us well over the past ten seasons.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

A negotiator - @O4L is the perfect guy for this. Now I've had a few negotiations with him and he's a tough negotiator. He's always looking to get the best deal he can and it usually works. He was even able to sign Cameron Carter 2 himself. If we needed a second negotiator it would have to be me though, because I always get what I want when I negotiate with o4l.

A scout - @Kylrad has a keen eye for talent, proven by his wonderful selections in the S46 draft, including amazing shutdown defenseman Jules Watt at 68th overall, who has now climbed to about the top 30 in TPE for his class. Kyl is always able to make expert picks, except for the Taron pick.

A strategist - We wouldn't just have one strategist, we'd have O4L and Kylrad both stepping out of their roles as well and working together to find the best tactics, the tactics that will help us hold Hamilton to under 50 shots.

A clubhouse leader - Well I have to say myself because I'm the person holding the entire Syndicate organization together.

PT pass claim

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Not going to lie, I don't know much about front office work. But I suppose if I had to pick people to fill front office positions, my choices would be 

Negotiator - @hotdog Why hotdog you ask? Because he helped negotiate my trade from Texas to New England. So obviously he knows how to wheel and deal, as well as the backstage intricacies required to broker those deals. 

Club House Leader - @Ferda I can think of no one better to put in charge of leading a club house than my man, Augustus Wang. Wang is well experienced in dealing with both Rookie and Veteran players. He also has proven himself as leader in the Anchorage locker room time and time again.

Home Office Liaison - The Home Office Liaison, or HOL, is a new position that I would institute if I was to have to run a front office. The sole purpose of the HOL would be to act as buffer between myself and the HO. The HOL would need to be skilled in stroking the HO's egos amd blowing smoke up their asses  to keep things moving smoothly. Bonus skills would be the ability to take something stupid from HO and make it into something reasonable.

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

Let's get the Tomen-lovefest out of the way first, yes, well all love the guy and he would be perfect for all the positions mentioned here but sadly he is unavailable due to a prior engagement in Buffalo, so I guess we have to start looking for alternatives. I'm gonna list two of them right here:

A Scout - There is only one guy who I can think of for the job of Scout, the perfect candidate based on the simple fact that, well... He originally scouted me! Boy that guy sure has an eye for talent! I'm talking of course about @Gifter of Bikes, who both recruited me to the league originally and made sure that I ended up with the Minnesota Chiefs in the SHL Draft, the team he was on as well. Can't think of a better Scout than him.

A Clubhouse Leader - Uuhhhh it's really tempting to go with the Balls guy here for obvious reasons but... yeah, let's not. Instead I'm gonna go for a former junior teammate of mine and a guys who I have already worked with briefly in an informal management position: @hhh81. He has done great in his time as a junior GM, being a super respected guy in the locker room who gets along well with everyone but still doesn't shy away from a critical word or a conflict if that's what's needed to clear the air and keep the room together.

I think that an additional position of clubhouse clown would be pretty necessary to any effective team. Seasons are long, stressful and demanding on hockey players and they can be really tough emotionally and mentally on players with the ups and downs, travel, and time away from their family. That's where the clubhouse clown comes in as an important member of the front office, and contributer to the team in general. They can be used to help keep things light in negotiations or spend some time with players going through a rough streak. Laughter is the key to keeping the office and the team at the top of their game so that they can go out and bring it and be serious on the ice when the time comes and it is necessary. This will be very important for this individual to travel with the team at all times and be at all practices

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]