Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

Scout: (@Segi) - This is the easiest pick for me. Segi has been one of the most valuable assests to both teams in my GMing history. His ability to find top level talent and hidden gems in a draft is unparalleled. Segi is definitely one of the keys to success in any team I have run.

Clubhouse Leader: (@notorioustig) - Tig is a close friend and a fantastic person to interact with. He brings a certain undefinable push to a team that I would want to add to any front office. Plus then more people could see our fantastic meme sharing.

Negotiator: (@BDonini) - There's a reason I chose him as my Co when I took over in Anaheim and he has proven to be a great GM during his tenure. He is able to work out great deals to set up a team for success.

Strategist: (@SDCore) - Outside of just being a great asset in other management functions, Corey is great at looking at team composition to figure out how to get the most out of the team given to him.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

[Image: 1rFcbHV.png]

[Image: JdzXKu2.png]

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

A negotiator - wannabeFinn: I guess to go along with always having a good young player, they are able to ship out some of their older members at a very high price.

A strategist - JayWhy. For all the time I know him, we is one of the best GMs in the league. The way he thinks about the SHL is realistic and insightful, he has his plan and he sticks to it, while being able to be flexible. He is someome who Iw ould trust running and Org

A scout - Tomen: something that hasnt been bad about Buffalo is that they always get really good prospects, and it really shows as they are some of the best drafted teams in the SHL

A clubhouse leader - @ImShiny Someone who is our clubhouse leader already in manhattan. he is a great person and a great member for the Rage. Someone who does a lot of us, the rage wouldnt be the rage without him.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: wAS1poX.jpg]

[Image: CisYvmx.jpg]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

A negotiator - This is gonna be @MCP_ - you can call me a homer, sure, but I have the utmost confidence in what's happening right now in Tampa and I can't wait to see where it goes, and MCP is an awesome person to have behind the wheel. Some of the decisions you have to make as GM suuuuuck and I don't know if I could do it myself, but you know...I trust the process and I'm excited to be a part of this team for as long as they will let me.  

A strategist - This is an obvious and popular choice but it has to be @SDCore. Corey is one of the nicest people I have been lucky enough to meet here (S47 class best class) and he's obviously dedicated and knows what he's doing. He also took the time to help me out when I was completely lost in FHM confusion and is an all around good dude. 

A clubhouse leader - Me I pick me. I like to think I am mostly a pretty personable person and I am all about team spirit. I'm also willing to stick up for people if they aren't comfortable enough to stick up for themselves yet, and to call out behavior that might make people feel unwelcome in a locker room. I think it's important for everybody on a team to feel like their team has their back and I want to create a positive atmosphere for as many people as I can.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I will be touching on the two most important roles:

First and foremost, the position of clubhouse leader will be taken over by the former user, Dr Spray. In addition to being the best teammate and all around inspirational figure that he was, he was most importantly a trailblazer in the analytic-intangibles crossover in SHL history. As the inventor/creator of the "Fast/Attacking/Supportive" metrics and chart, he made it easy for anyone to look at a quick graph and see who worked the hardest and who was the best teammate. Grit/60 was an early stat tracked by him, and led to many, MANY, many, players being overpaid by their GMs. As far as I know.

The scout role will be headed up by Ace. I have never seen someone with such a vast knowledge of players and an eye for potential. This guy should be in charge of every team's development. Or, he should be if he wasn't a GM of a team already, which would probably be a conflict of interest. Anyway, he'll be leaving that role on his favorite team to be a scout in this scenario.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

A negotiator and Scout - @JNH - For this one I had to choose one person for both. Since I have been his co-gm JNH seems to pull rabbits out of hats with the deals he gets and the players he signs. We have 19/20 actives, really it's 20/20 right now in Newfoundland, and a lot if not all of this has to do with how he manages to find players. He loves signing free agents, much to my displeasure with lines and rosters, but they almost always pan out. Grabbing FAs like Kluster is an incredible skill to have.

A strategist - @DrunkenTeddy - Teddy is one of the best people I know, his skill and precision with FHM is just an added benefit. He has helped half the league with builds and tactics, for this I think he is the easiest choice for this.

A clubhouse leader - @KlusteR - Kluster is the man. He has helped rookies, vets, GMs, and anyone in between. A constant vigil of activity and fun in the locker room. We brought him in at a weird time in Leth, he helped with the rebrand to newfie and is just a genuine human. He is a leader in our locker room and we are lucky to have him.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 09:24 PM by Lime.)

Scout - @Tomen
Obviously Buffalo sees a lot of talent coming in and this is thanks to Tomen. No other SHL team drafted Steve Harrington so clearly no other scout is worthy of this position. He also drafted some other ok people.

Clubhouse leader - @Rindiee
The SLATT is Newfoundland Captain and therefore the most powerful player in the league. His mere presence has willed the Berserkers from certain mediocrity to 3rd in the J. Some say goalie Amundsen is responsible but he has never had an All Star Game nomination and is clearly being carried by his offense.

Negotiator - @JNH
Newfoundland is teeming with talent as a result of the free agency work of JNH. Our GM has a magnetic personality that attracts all the best players to our locker room. Updaters hate him.

Strategist - @"Smalinowski7"
Juke may not know the most about FHM but he keeps up with Ham's endless requests to sim him with different builds and that's the kind of dedication you want on your team. Also he smells nice.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 09:50 PM by Your Mothers Favorite Goalie.)

Personally, I think my player would be the best as a strategist. Being an enforcer is about more than just brute strength. You have to judge plays and decide when to put your foot down, who to go after to send a message, and when to maybe put a little extra into your hit. You have to have a pretty good hockey sense to be an enforcer, and it would help me in a transition to a coaching spot

I think a role that needs to be added is Hype Man. It can be seen as similar to a team leader, but it adds something extra. In Calgary people like @Steelhead77 were always not just leaders, but able to get our LR exited and rowdy with silly things like our playoff rituals, the parm cult jokes, and our hot lady drafts. Silly things like that add a lot extra to the overall league experience and help make you more invested in the team itself

If I was building my Front Office. I PICK nour as my negatitor he is know for being good in trade negotiations and he has been great in the Hamilton Management for me for suggesting trade offers. Wilson will be my coach, he is my coach for the Steelhawks. There is no one I would rather want as my coach is AARON Wilson. He is a great hockey mind and there is no one else I would rather want to be my coach than him to be honest. My clubhouse leader would be Tig. He is my good pal and he is a great GM and role model on how I want steelhawks to act. And finally Gabe would be my scout and he is someone that I felt like we did a good job on scouting him back when he selected 2nd overall. He will do the due diligence on scouting people.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 10:05 PM by Sean.)

Here is my ideal front office:

A negotiator @Keygan  - Keygan knows the right time to make trades and he knows how to get the most out of his assets. He's been able to grab multiple large pieces for the Blizzard via trade and has done a great job at retaining talent in the organization on reasonable contracts. He's been able to bring in free agents and consistently put together a contending team

A strategist @Leafs4ever - At the end of the day, I trust people who have been through it all. Leafs has more experience than any person on the site and he's seen every idea and strategy that has been thought of. New people come on the site and they think they know it all but I'll take Leafs wisdom every day of the week.

A scout - I'd take the whole Blizzard scouting department if I could but I'm going to be selfish and take myself. I'm not the best when it comes to personality scouting but if there is something to know about a prospect before the draft, I do my best to know it. I definitely need the help of my Blizzard scouts though and I couldn't do scouting without them!

A clubhouse leader @Nokazoa - I mean, at least he's active. Seriously though, I love this guy in the locker room and I think he's got the personality a team can rally around. He's been better than anything I could have ever imagined when we drafted him and if Keygan and I ever decide to announce some captains I wouldn't be surprised to see a letter on his chest!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

A negotiator - @JR95 - In my time on the West Kendall Platoon, JR has been a most excellent negotiator and general manager. He has always been fair and willing to listen in the negotiations that we have had together and in my opinion he has used those skills to create a team that has a very bright future.

A strategist - @Carbine - Carbine has been doing work with FHM for West Kendall. I know it has been a ton of work and I want Carbine leading my squad into the future.

A scout - @Zoone16 - I don't have any site related reason for this choice. Zoone and I share a common love for Korean BBQ. Someone that can scout great food can scout great talent too.

A clubhouse leader - @Thunfish - Thunfish is a super nice guy who is super active in the locker room. He definitely fits the role of the clubhouse leader. A good go between for the higher up numbers guys and the on the ice ones.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

So for my Front Office, I want to only pick people from Team Canada because why not.

For my Negotiator, I would take @Nokazoa . I really don't know if Noka is really good at trading and all, but I think he would be charismatic enough to do it. I'm sure he could get GMs to give him anything with his beautiful accent.

For my Strategist, I would 100% take @Gwdjohnson . At first I thought of picking up Kal, seeing how close he is to the sim being a simmer, but Gabe is the one who really knows how to find the optimal builds. We would win so many Challenge Cups with Gabe as the Strategist.

For my Scout I would go with @jeffie43 , he just knows so many people that he could give me good queues on who to take.

Finally for my clubhouse leader, I have to go with @Naosu . I think that Naosu can contribute very well to a good LR. He's a very chill guy and brings a lot of positive energy in any LRs he's in. I feel blessed to share two LRs with him.

This Front Office is lit

Code:
194 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

A negotiator - @gorlab The best agent in SHL history representing tons of players and star players getting them large contracts of up to 25M a great choice for  negotiations and budget tracking, he even made one of the SHLs first budget sheets, as budget director, and what a legendary budget sheet that was with ever changing tales still told about it to this day.

A strategist @aaronwilson A legendary coach, with him in charge of our teams strategy builds and tactics we'd always have a chance to win even with a team potentially inferior in skill.

A scout @teztify A former gm of some of the best teams in early SHL history, has also helped Chicago out with his great spreadsheets and draft advice and is great at identifying and developing talent.

A clubhouse leader @WannabeFinn I could've easily put him at negotiator and Gorlab here as they both would be great at either job with Wannabefinn continuously bending over multiple gms somehow in trades and assembling great rosters, but he's also just as good as a team leader.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]