Create Account

S53 PT #5 - Contract Negotiations

In my negotiations I could leverage the fact that I'm one of the prospects on the team that is up and coming and will be entering my prime soon to support the current core as they age. I think without prospects like me, Fiddler, and Fitted, this team would be in serious trouble. I think that prospects like us are incredibly valuable and useful to our team and will help to secure a strong finish to our rebuild and hopefully propel us forward from here. However, I honestly don't really want a huge raise from what I have now. I'm perfectly content with a lowish payment to just cover my weekly trainings for the season. The real thing I'm after for my contract is some length. I wanna be locked up here in Tampa Bay for a long time. This is my team and I'm gonna be here my whole career with any luck.

Code:
154 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Why do I want a raise or what would I want in negotiations? Easy. As to why I deserve a raise, its simple. I am a good guy and a good teammate and continuously support everybody on my team wholeheartedly. I never take time to bash my own teammates or flame them but only build them up. For this reason, combined with my great performance, I am deserving of as much money as a team can possibly offer. I am a budding star with a good personality, I am the Luka Doncic of this league. What would I want? Well, I would want at least 4 million to start. Not a lot, but I am a team player. In addition to this, I would want to ensure that the team would buy every dinner for me during my tenure. I am a failure at maintaining a diet or a healthy lifestyle, so they would need to help me out. Other than this I would need a lifetime supply of Blue Bell birthday cake ice cream cups and a wife. Yes help me find a wife.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

[Image: EVVPZqZ.png]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I'm getting pretty close to regression and so far I've been taking min deals to help the team, including a 0.5x3 contract when I got drafted. I agree it's time to change that and I would like to sign a 100M contract. It doesn't have to be 10x10, I'd be ok with 20x5 or 25x4, and I have no doubt that I deserve it. I'm the highest tpe forward on the team, but most importantly, I made Gabriel Johnson think that he's one of the top defensemen in the entire league when he's not even a top 5 defenseman on his own team. We should build a statue for Samuel Michaud in Hamilton because he carries Gabe in every single game and he'll probably have to keep doing that because Gabriel Johnson is simply not a good SHL defenseman. We could replace him with a literal pylon and our win % would probably improve. Hamilton management should trade Johnson, sign a 155 tpe inactive, and distribute the cap space among players who actually deserve it.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Markus just finished negotiating his new contract with Minnesota, so he feels like he got fair value for his skills and is well remunerated compared to his peers in the league. He's still pretty young, and he knows that his big payday is coming in the future - but for now, he's not overly concerned with money. To him, it's more important that the organization has enough money to surround him with other quality players, and provide great amenities both in Minneapolis-St. Paul, and away from home. He considers himself very lucky to have been able to pursue his passion and turn it into a lucrative job early in his life, so he's very careful with what he does with his money - mostly investing it back home in Switzerland, under his father's recommendation. He's not taking any chances for his after-career, whether he continues into coaching (which is something he's considering), or elsewhere (he's still working on his accounting degree at a distance!)

(172 words).

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I wouldn't ask for too many perks in my contract. Maybe if I score a game winner I get an extra 100k or for any goal I score over twenty I get an extra 100k.

I think performance incentives are important but I should also be able to give the team something as a disincentive. Say I get in too many fights or get sent to the box too much, it would wipe out any bonus. If I'm +/- is crap, I wouldn't get a bonus. If we don't make the playoffs, I shouldn't get a bonus. There should be some give and take so players or teams don't get too much power.

However, the best bonus would be to relocate a team. It could be written in my contract that if I win an MVP award I get control and location decisions for the team. Sounds reasonable.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

The following is an excerpt from the initial contract negotiations between West Kendall (WKP) and Indigo Trevino (IT).

WKP: Indigo, welcome to the Platoon. Your goal-scoring prowess has us very excited for the future. Here is our initial offer of a contract.

IT: Hmm, I think I'm worth more than that. I remind you that I scored 11 goals in 30 games as an SMJHL rookie. How about this?

WKP: How in the world did you come up with 9 million per season and all these incentives?

IT: If you don't ask, you don't get.

WKP: I mean, we could get you a parking spot and first crack at locker stalls but what's this about a team-branded Mazarati, Starbucks Elite Platinum MasterCard and a pony?

IT: I am used to a certain lifestyle and I expect to maintain that lifestyle once I arrive in Miami.

WKP: We'll give you a third of this and let you use the special coffee machine in the owner's lounge.

IT: DEAL.

167 words

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

last time i went in for contract negotiations and had the conversation of any additional perks i had a simple request for “beer”, i left that a little open to interpretation on their end but they delivered. this time when the negotiation talks came around again i wanted to build on that idea. you see... being in New York and playing hockey all of the time had really taken me away from my bar/brewery in Vancouver, The Whaler’s Wharf. with all the craziness going on in the world business was hurting and i was dangerously close to having to stop all production when it came to my precious beer. so i explained to the higher ups that i was there as less of a player and more of a business partner. i asked for some funding so i could move my operations into the city, from there i wanted my beer to be endorsed by the Rage... we could get it into any of the liquor stores still open, throw some commercials on some target networks, and i would give them a percentage of the profits. once things were normal again we could sell the beer right at the arena itself.

Wags has one thing on his mind for training camp next offseason when he flies out to Los Angeles to work with the Panthers: contracts.

He plans to ball out at training camp, show his massive improvement and talent at just 20 years old, and then head straight to the LAP management suite. The money is fine so far, but he's about to be a face of the SHL in the coming decade, and it's becoming more and more apparent as his career moves along. That level of player comes at a price, and Wags wants to help the team out before his value skyrockets even more. A team friendly long term deal, but with lots of production bonuses to ensure he still gets his due when he's tearing up the SHL. Oustide of that, a preseason tour in Europe is something Jimmy wants, just so more of his friends and family back home can see him play. The fun incentives will come once the endorsements start rolling in, can you say "signature skate"?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Kalashnikov is a unique position. With the recent move from West Kendall, Florida to Baltimore, Maryland the Platoon now have a new image, new stadium, new fans, and new income. Kalashnikov is looking to make a real splash this next season in the minors so when push comes to shove at the negotiation table, Valentine will be fully loaded. Baltimore is known to be a "friendly" place to live and in order to maintain his safety Kalashnikov will be asking in addition to a rock-star salary, access to a private armory bunker which is to be installed with a panic room access in the Platoon locker-room. This is a special place for Kalashnikov and will not be negotiated. In addition, after hearing from his old Timber teammate Indigo Trevino, Kalashnikov has chosen to also add a team-branded 2002 H1 Hummer Humvee, to his list of demands. This will only be used for "security purposes, and grocery shopping in Baltimore." according to Mr. Kalashnikov.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

Listen, listen, listen, listen. I want 5x5 and NTC. If I do not get this I will go on the strike and I will not play for team until I get negotiation. I will not be simple roadside garbage for team to deal around and as goalie my potential on free agent market is very limited and there are very few spots on team. I am not afraid to retire rather than be a tool of big bad general managing man, and I will stand up for myself as big boy because I am strong unique man who is very good at job even if this year I have been doing the underperform. I also want no cameras in locker room so I can conduct needed business and warmup routine in privacy except among teammates without interference from police enforcement and other things who interfere.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Contract negotiation is something real coming up for me shortly. My contract in Texas is coming to an end. I started thinking about it with the start of the season, should I stay or should I go? I always catch me thinking that I should stay because they drafted me with their 1st round pick on 2nd overall and it would be wrong just walk away but on the other hand it is part of the business. Of course I want to get a lot of money out of my contract and the cap space is there in Texas. But being the punching ball for the league isn't very funny at all. Should I stay and get fucked for another 2 seasons before we might are competitive again or try to get a contract by a team that is already fighting for the cup? In the end I will walk in and just say pay me good or I will walk on and hit FA.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

[Image: 9EcSYCp.png]

As a young third line Center, it will probably be hard to convince them to give me any kind of significant raise. So to get the value out of my next contract, I'll have to get creative. One bonus I can negotiate for is a no trade clause, considering it's the most popular non monetary bonus added into a contract. While I don't think I can get a total no trade clause, one that lets me choose between 5 to 10 teams not to get traded to is good enough for me. Some other conditions could include letting me use the team's jet to fly home to Russia in the offseason, or paying for my concert tickets when a band I want to see comes to Boston. I feel like these are pretty small concessions in the grand scheme of things for the Wolfpack management. If the Wolfpack management don't think I'm important enough for concessions like that then I may just have to it free agency to see if a team out there does value me.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]