Create Account

New Orleans Specters Punishment Update

05-02-2020, 07:00 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
05-02-2020, 05:58 PMnour Wrote: I hope some of the more harsher changes above addressed the concerns you've mentioned here. I addressed a lot of the points you made here in this post already but I do wanna focus on the "inappropriate language" punishment argument I've seen being made. These are two different circumstances with punishments that are dealt to an individual vs to an SHL team's management. It's really hard to compare these as a 1:1 scenario, and as I mentioned to RED in terms of why we didn't opt a player suspension, individual user and management group infractions have always had separate consequences. I hope some of the above changes helps communicate that SHL Head Office doesn't intend for this punishment to be treated via a slap on the wrist.

What if the same person breaks both those rules at the same time?  Interview

Then we'll punish them accordingly in regards to each infraction they make, but we aren't going to put more stock in one punishment or the other because there's 2 infractions, we'll treat them separately because every rule in the rulebook is different, in a lot of ways. Its easier for us as a group and for the site to treat infractions as separate instances if they are infractions of different rules. Less muddy too.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

05-02-2020, 08:29 PMnour Wrote:
05-02-2020, 07:00 PMスウェグキング Wrote: What if the same person breaks both those rules at the same time?  Interview

Then we'll punish them accordingly in regards to each infraction they make, but we aren't going to put more stock in one punishment or the other because there's 2 infractions, we'll treat them separately because every rule in the rulebook is different, in a lot of ways. Its easier for us as a group and for the site to treat infractions as separate instances if they are infractions of different rules. Less muddy too.

Soo, where the other thread at?

[Image: ezgif-6-09c631572c.gif]

05-02-2020, 08:30 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
05-02-2020, 08:29 PMnour Wrote: Then we'll punish them accordingly in regards to each infraction they make, but we aren't going to put more stock in one punishment or the other because there's 2 infractions, we'll treat them separately because every rule in the rulebook is different, in a lot of ways. Its easier for us as a group and for the site to treat infractions as separate instances if they are infractions of different rules. Less muddy too.

Soo, where the other thread at?

Hours since Sweg brought this up: 2 0

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-02-2020, 07:43 PMfrithjofr Wrote:
05-02-2020, 05:58 PMnour Wrote: Secondly, we did discuss some way of altering New Orleans from an in-sim perspective, but we all, Head Office Members and Owners alike, expressed a serious worry about the precedent it sets to deal punishments that take control away from GMs in relation to future punishments. We discussed it for a really long time but really felt it was a dangerous precedent to set going forward.

You can't be serious that you were actually seriously considering forcing us to play a certain way. There's no way that should have ever been an acceptable train of thought. Glad you guys were able to stick your heads together and think better of that shit.
Yeah I gotta be real dude, you guys as a management group are not in a position to comment on how we DISCUSS a punishment. You were the only team in the history of this site since this rule's introduction to break this rule, so we considered every avenue because we had 0 precedent or ruling to refer to on how to address this situation properly. We seriously considered EVERY route of punishment to take because that's our job. We'd be doing ourselves, and the entire site, a disservice if we didn't explore everything thoroughly.

Idk, just a weirdly antagonistic tone over an option we discussed (again because its our job to do so), and decided against. Pick your battles.

05-02-2020, 08:34 PMsve7en Wrote:
05-02-2020, 08:30 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Soo, where the other thread at?

Hours since Sweg brought this up: 2 0

Days nothing happened: 3 4

[Image: ezgif-6-09c631572c.gif]

05-02-2020, 08:35 PMnour Wrote:
05-02-2020, 07:43 PMfrithjofr Wrote: You can't be serious that you were actually seriously considering forcing us to play a certain way. There's no way that should have ever been an acceptable train of thought. Glad you guys were able to stick your heads together and think better of that shit.
Yeah I gotta be real dude, you guys as a management group are not in a position to comment on how we DISCUSS a punishment. You were the only team in the history of this site since this rule's introduction to break this rule, so we considered every avenue because we had 0 precedent or ruling to refer to on how to address this situation properly. We seriously considered EVERY route of punishment to take because that's our job. We'd be doing ourselves, and the entire site, a disservice if we didn't explore everything thoroughly.

Idk, just a weirdly antagonistic tone over an option we discussed (again because its our job to do so), and decided against. Pick your battles.

Hey don't talk to my boyfriend like that

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-02-2020, 07:43 PMfrithjofr Wrote: You can't be serious that you were actually seriously considering forcing us to play a certain way. There's no way that should have ever been an acceptable train of thought. Glad you guys were able to stick your heads together and think better of that shit.

Not gonna lie Nour. I agree that the idea should have been a non starter. However I understand and have respect for an HO that looks at everything with a level head and even keel.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Yeah I gotta be real dude, you guys as a management group are not in a position to comment on how we DISCUSS a punishment.

Why if this isnt the pot call the kettle black? because if i recall properly you have been punished and commented on how HO punished...

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

05-02-2020, 08:39 PMCptSquall Wrote:
05-02-2020, 08:35 PMnour Wrote: Yeah I gotta be real dude, you guys as a management group are not in a position to comment on how we DISCUSS a punishment. You were the only team in the history of this site since this rule's introduction to break this rule, so we considered every avenue because we had 0 precedent or ruling to refer to on how to address this situation properly. We seriously considered EVERY route of punishment to take because that's our job. We'd be doing ourselves, and the entire site, a disservice if we didn't explore everything thoroughly.

Not gonna lie Nour. I agree that the idea should have been a non starter. However I understand and have respect for an HO that looks at everything with a level head and even keel.

The fact that we decided against it is enough proof that this conversation is pointless. I've addressed where SHL Head Office's faults were in the original post, one of those faults is absolutely not doing our job and exploring every option thoroughly.

Guys, just let it fucking go.

This HO has shown that if the public bitches enough, they’ll change punishments.

Either way, we still fucked up. We were still wrong. It sucks that all of this happened, it sucks that we’re the current hot topic, and it sucks that the entire site is shitting on us. But it’s fine. We shall overcome. We made a mistake. Of course this site is gonna make it seem so much worse. It’s our time in the spotlight to be shit on. That’s the SHL, everyone gets a turn. In two weeks, someone will call someone else a racial slur and we’ll move on.

Stop making it worse guys. Please. I can’t take much more of this. Let it go.

-Joe K.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

05-02-2020, 08:48 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Guys, just let it fucking go.

This HO has shown that if the public bitches enough, they’ll change punishments.

Either way, we still fucked up. We were still wrong. It sucks that all of this happened, it sucks that we’re the current hot topic, and it sucks that the entire site is shitting on us. But it’s fine. We shall overcome. We made a mistake. Of course this site is gonna make it seem so much worse. It’s our time in the spotlight to be shit on. That’s the SHL, everyone gets a turn. In two weeks, someone will call someone else a racial slur and we’ll move on.

-Joe K.
lmao

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

-Joe K.
thats an omega lmao

-Joe K.

i can taste the irony on my tongue mmmm yummy so delciosu

05-02-2020, 08:47 PMnour Wrote: The fact that we decided against it is enough proof that this conversation is pointless. I've addressed where SHL Head Office's faults were in the original post, one of those faults is absolutely not doing our job and exploring every option thoroughly.

Dont get me twisted brother. I was not saying that you were at fault. On the contrary I was praising how this HO, your self included seems to be doing a fantastic job.
My take on Frith expressing his level of being upset at the idea was only from a position were I wouldnt have like the idea suggested either. An opinion and no more. Sorry if I came off on the wrong foot.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

05-02-2020, 08:47 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
05-02-2020, 08:35 PMnour Wrote: Yeah I gotta be real dude, you guys as a management group are not in a position to comment on how we DISCUSS a punishment.

Why if this isnt the pot call the kettle black? because if i recall properly you have been punished and commented on how HO punished...

I don't think you properly read the post you're replying to, but there is a reason why I highlighted the word "Discuss". I have been more than clear in the original post that I am welcoming of commentary on the punishments themselves, if people wanna set this HO group ablaze for shit we do, I'm NEVER going to tell someone they are not allowed to criticize a decision. I've called HO groups out in the past for poor decisions and I stand by it.

To antagonistically comment on how Head Office discusses a punishment because thats what we literally have to do? Cmon. Criticize every HO decision, I genuinely welcome to feedback to see how the rest of the team and I can make this site the best possible place it can be, but I can't imagine why anyone would take issue with HO being thorough in discussion.