Create Account

Waters Song Analysis: St4rface - Alone
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 07:57 PM by Waters.)

Hello ladies and gentlemen of the SHL community, my name is Waters and today I will be analyzing one of the great slappers of the quarantine era, the song Alone by the artist St4rface. You guys may not know about St4rface, but I, being very in tune with the Latvian rap scene, have been spamming his instagram DMs requesting an album ever since I heard this banger. Without further ado, let's get into it. Here is the song if you are interested in listening for yourself.

Ayy
Don't leave me alone
Please pick up the phone
Me and you, dark room, all night
No rules, all cool, just me and you
(X2 HOOK)

The hook is a captivating ding dong dinger of a start. This girl is trying to leave him alone, she is obviously very unhappy with their relationship, but st4rface isn't happy with her doing that. He wants her to not do that in fact, and by extent, pick up the phone, as she has clearly not been answering his many calls. Somehow though, despite her not wanting anything to do with him, he has managed or is proposing that they both stay in a dark room all night, without any rules and no heater, it will be very cold, as is the latvian custom. Also, he wants to make it clear that it will be just be them, she cant bring any friends. Clearly, st4rface is very angry and wants to lock them in this dark freezing room so that they can both freeze to death, but to entice her, he offers the possibility of there not being rules. If this indeed is a proposal and not a recounting of past events, it's hard to see why she would accept.

We spent there all night
I fucked you twice - you call it love, I call it exercise

So it turns out that she was in fact enticed by the offer, and did spend all night with him in this room. Apparently though, despite being obssessed with her to the point where he locked her in a dark room with him, the sex was only exercise to him. We find out through this second lyric that in fact, he really required exercise, but as the gym is currently closed for quarantine and it is too cold to run outside, he could only do this through sexual means. He has a very strong cardiovascular system, so he satisfied her very well, and she fell in love, but to him, it was only a way to get exercise in these trying times. Very creative from st4rface, I wouldn't have personally thought of this. Hopefully she has been tested though, it would be very difficult to keep up his intense cardiovascular regimen if he were to contract coronavirus.

Maybe I wasn't right
Don't know is it drugs or you, but I feel high

Another twist to the story - maybe he wasn't right about calling it exercise? Maybe it was in fact love? Clearly, he needed the exercise, as he believes the high to be related to drugs and/or the woman, but it is very obviously a runner's high, as any cardiovascular expert would know. Maybe he is just naturally very fit, but has been gaining weight as of late and required exercise and has never really delved into the concept. There are many reasons for which he would not recognize this staple of any expert in cardio-related exercise.

I wanna do it all again
You wanna be only friends

As many do in fact realize after achieving a runner's high, it's a very strong feeling that runners almost become addicted to. St4rface, like many others, has fallen victim to the feeling's allure. However, the woman of the story, tired of being used for exercise so much and not feeling much love at all, has decided that she actually would rather be friends. He is very sad, as he in fact wanted to do it all again.

We gon' pop these pills together
I wanna die young or live forever, yeah

Having given up on the whole exercise aspect of the relationship, he has decided to only be friends. He decides that there is no better way to solidify his friendship with someone than to pop pills with that same someone. He then says that he wants to die young or live forever. According to the current life expectancy of a latvian man, he is likely to live approximately 70 years, possibly lowered by a significant amount by his rampant drug use, but assuming he does continue to exercise, possibly with another woman, now that he has found strong motivation to do so, it is unlikely that he will die young, and there are currently 0 people on earth who have managed to live forever, though he would be regarded as a great scientific innovator if he were to achieve it.

After this, the hook is repeated, but she is unlikely to once again accept the invitation to the ruleless, cold, dark room once again now that she no longer has romantic feelings for him, so he is most likely just attempting to cherish the great memories they had in this chamber.

Just me and you, dark room
All night, no sleep, no rules

Here he is desperately trying to get her to come back to his dark room without any rules, adding that he does not require sleep and he wants to be in there all night with her. This is when she realizes that he is a vampire, which is why he does not sleep at night. She will not be goaded by his "no rules" mantra, as she is convinced that he will sap her lifeforce if she does find her way inside his dark room.

She's a burglar, she's robbing my heart
One girl, so much problems, I fell apart

The girl takes a stake and stabs him in the heart, stealing that organ out of his body to donate it to science, as he is considered the first living, proven, true vampire to ever exist. His organs could lead to scientific discoveries on how the different organs of a vampire work, allowing scientists to in essence, apply those improvements in surgical procedures to the rich, giving them much more power over those outside the 1%. This girl, by killing him, gave him many problems, so much in fact, that he fell apart upon being stabbed, making it much easier to harvest his organs. A true sacrifice from st4rface.

I can't see you, but I feel you
Besides me, no one knows real you

Having been killed, he can no longer see, but in his last moments, he can feel the stake that has been pushed deep into his heart. Unlike what we think vampires are, simply immortal, horny beings, they actually have the ability to attain a very strong mental insight upon their "dark room" victims. She had never revealed herself to be bisexual to her friends nor her family, but to attempt to blackmail her into joining him in the dark room, he threatened to expose her, leading to her murder of himself.

Can't find a difference between drugs and feelings
Don't wanna see love movies, wanna real thing, ayy

In the last two lines of the second verse, st4rface remembers his days before becoming a vampire. He often took drugs, and that reduced his life expectancy. He took them so much, they became conflated with his feelings. He wanted to live forever, as previously stated, and he also wanted to feel love, and not like the love movies, but the real thing. However, he would never be able to make her join him inside his dark room, so he sought how to become a vampire, and eventually achieved that. This last part of the song is a true insight into his reasoning for becoming this despicable creature.

After that, st4rface finishes the song with another rendition of the hook. Now that we know the reality behind the story of the dark room, that he could not feel the cold the second time around, that he was at no risk of freezing to death due to his immortality and that he could stay in the dark room all night because the dark is natural to him, the hook becomes a more sinister tale, that of him attempting to kill the woman he loved so deeply before his vampiric doings out of spite.

To conclude, Alone is a tragic tale of st4rface being regretful of treating a woman like simply exercise, but upon not receiving the response he wanted, growing full of hate, anger, spite, and turning into a vampire as to kill her in that same dark room he desperately wanted her to join him in, ending their tale as sadly as it begun.

Thank you for joining me for this episode of Waters Song Analysis. Next time, I shall review the song booty, by jennifer lopez and izzy azalea, both women with larger than average booties.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

So deep

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Fire

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

fire fire fire in the booth

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Flames

Straight heat

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Thanks for this great analysis. The second half of the song was very unclear to me but I can definitely see the vampire slant now

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Put this in media

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

BARS

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

:fire: :fire: :fire:

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

This article is a masterclass on what media could be. It is nearly as artistic and grandiose as the song it and person it is written for. If only we could all strive to one day be at the level that St4rface has achieved.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Waters Fantano dropping straight facts

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

05-03-2020, 08:55 PMMCP_ Wrote: Waters Fantano dropping straight facts
fairly certain waters fantano, the internet’s busiest hockey nerd, has given this a strong 9 to a light 10

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Thanks waters

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

promising start, then trash after that

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]