Create Account

SHL 10 Year Anniversary - Bonus PT
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 03:32 AM by NUCK.)

During my time on the SHL I have meet some amazing people and created some very great memories. I was trying to think of my most found memory on the site but really couldn't decide on just one. I have had a blast in every locker room I have ever been in! My first couple of seasons in Detroit were really great and completely hocked me on the SHL. The LR was always bumping and positive and although we never won a cup during my time, it was always a great place to be.

Getting a co-GM job was another top memory for me, the next season Kez left me in charge and in my first and last season as GM and we won the cup in Manhattan. It didn't end well and I regret it to this day but I loved working with Kez and building a great team and room. Season 30 was just a blur to me, Bubba was a beast and had an unreal season. The following season was also very memorable as I went from a league MVP season to an abysmal one. It was cool leading the league in PIM though and even sweeter when Bubba tied Mac for the Turd Ferguson award. Mac being a close friend on site, who has become an amazing friend off site as well.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Wow, this has been the most difficult PT for me to do. I've only been here for three months but picking just one memory from my short time here is difficult. I would say my favorite memory is a combination of small moments leading to a prolific feeling. Being a young blood in the SHL you really don't know much about anyone. First impressions about teams are often their questionnaires, going through all of the questionnaires were pretty straight forward; what are your goals, what would you like in a team, how serious are you, etc? I started reading the final question on the Carolina Kraken questionnaire, "What's your opinion on Terry Bradshaw?" I thought it was a silly question, I responded with something simple like "I think he's a good caster". I read someone else's response and see someone had confused Terry Bradshaw with Terry Crews, and I thought the response was comedic! 

Flash forward to draft time, I didn't think there was a snowballs chance that Carolina was even going to participate in the first 3 rounds of the draft with their first pick being the 39th pick. I figured I would get picked up by St. Louis due to their position need and pick location. Little did I know, the Kraken would trade up and select me with the 21st pick. Leading to my favorite feeling from the SHL. It is the remembrance of joining the Kraken locker room and experiencing instant blind acceptance. It has to be one of the more intoxicating feelings to experience.  

I would love to thank everyone who has made an impact on my stay here both positive and negative. If you're reading this, thank you!

Well… Many of You know that I was active user from 2012 to 2016 and recently I started a recreate. SHL always was pleasant place for me so I have ton of good memories. If I should choose I would pick a last S18 game against Renegades. That was thrilling season and we were in bottom of the conference. Amazing way we fought back and were tied for last playoff spot in the last day of regular season. We had that all or nothing game. Game was aired PBP and I remember how I was up in the night holding my PC and refreshing the game thread page, posting jokes and heroic speeches. It was hilarious to post Aragorns speech at the black gate: There will come a day when Calgary Dragons will fall and won’t play playoff… BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY! Actually whole S18 – S19 period was heartwarming. All those game nights with @cookies @Steelhead77 @O4L etc. Funny stuff we did. This actually continued for a long time. Actually till this day. Even when I was gone team was always cheering and having good time. Even now despite all tragic events in the world time with my Dragons all around is hearth warming. Junoir time with Latvians and @JNH was great too. So in the end I want to say that SHL always gave me best! Shame I disappeared but that was part of things that I had to do. I missed being here very much. It’s good to be again here. …And by the way – we won the game that night. It was not important to win in sim that night. It was important to be all together.

This is one of the best PT's in a while. I love the ones where you get to wonderdome everyone for TPE. There is one drawback though, @Kalakar doesn't get to use his PT pass. Like come on @SDCore, don't make him actually write something for TPE. (/s)
Anyways, I have so many good memories here on the site. From being drafted in S42 to St Louis to my time now as the GM of St Louis. Honestly it has been a lot of fun. There are so many memories I could talk about. One of my favorites was S44. That was a huge year for Williams. Led the Scarecrows to a Four Star Cup, got called up to Winnipeg, scored a playoff goal in my first shift in the SHL, and won the Challenge Cup. That was an awesome feeling. It is also sad, because I wanted to play one more season in St Louis but ultimately decided to start my SHL career then.
I wanted to take this section to talk about the friends I have made. I would not still be here if it wasn't for most of these guys. @SlashACM has been one of my best friends on this site for awhile. I knew he was my choice for Co right from the beginning. Plus, playing Chel with him and @cpetrella has been great. Cycle gang. Shout out to the Nug, too many of you to tag. Got to thank @JKortesi81 and @TML99 for everything they did.They were two great GM's and I am glad I am able to call them friends. Even though Ryan has left us. Shout to the players I have drafted in St Louis. Y'all are great and I love seeing young guns take over the locker room. @jfisherr and @Capt_Blitzkrieg are awesome guys who I talk to daily. Shout out to NOLA. Lots of awesome guys there. All in all, I have had a wonderful time on the site. I have made a ton of friends and a lot of memories that will be lasting a long time. Fuck Detroit. Cheers

(350)

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Well, I mean... I'll obviously echo the sentiments of @BDonini here, although obviously we have some clear differences in our stories so far. Namely, I think I've been around here for about a year or so and I actually wasn't drafted. I joined the Outlaws as a Free Agent since I signed up too late to actually participate in the draft. In fact, I was kinda surprised that, now, as I look at the stats of my player so far, I didn't realize I had actually played thirty-two games in my first season. I thought I had arrived that late. Originally, my idea was to make a Brawler, which needless to say was shot down. Suffice to say, playing hasn't exactly been my forte, although I think I've done reasonably well for the Toonza so far, even if the playoff spot eludes us like a siren in the middle of the sea.

And I do condone that the story he told about New England calling up an inactive Center did happen and it did screw up my second season there. People were pissed. Still, I do think that being pissed made us focus on improving and it did end up with us winning the Four Star Cup, so I guess that's not a bad thing in hindsight. Needless to say, the usual Outlaw loving goes here: @JNH, @SDCore, @bbjygm, @SpartanGibbles, @Segi, @chetib, @GCool, @shutdown, @tedlamotors and @DieselJ were all key contributors to our title, I like to say that I was mostly hanging on the side. But above all else, the thing I've cherished the most were the folks I've met, some of which I've befriended. Some were certainly colourful, most (if not all) were pretty nice, especially when compared to what I'm used to finding online.

Oh, and of course, the most important thing.
I got a table for an Online pinball game once thanks to this place.
Here's hoping for more!
I meant seasons and friends, although I'm not against getting more cheap pinball stuff. Big fan of that.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

I know the assignment is to write about your favorite experience, but for me it comes down to two. One individual, and one as a team. Scoring a cup winning goal isn’t something most of us can say we have done. Granted, it was in the SMJHL, but still. Vasily’s career in Kelowna was full of surprises. Two cup wins, and one of them off his own stick really made it something special. As a team, winning the S36 Challenge Cup with probably the best roster ever was amazing. It has been a struggle at times finding success like that as a team, but for that one season, everything clicked. The skill level was top tier, and the LR chemistry was amazing as well. All of those players have since retired or left the team, and many of the users have since gone inactive. That doesn’t change the memories and when, on some random night, some of those players get back together things get a little brighter in Texas. The team has struggled a bit recently, but it looks like we may be coming up to a point where the LR and the skills come close to what we saw in S36. I am just happy to be a part of it again.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Wow, it is amazing that a league has been in existence for 10 real life years, hats off to SHL for that! I have only been here for a little under two months so I do not have that many memories to share, but this will be a general shoutout. With this global pandemic and more time on my hands I decided to join SHL to create more things to do. Firstly thanks to @slothfacekilla who was so helpful in helping me create my initial build, jumping out of bed and accidentally waking up the missus while doing it. Then also thanks to @jeffie43 who I already knew from NSFL and talked to about SHL and whether I should join and as always, was welcoming and helping me out with things that I needed to do or know. Also a big thanks to @notorioustig who has been the best GM I could have asked for. He has helped answer every one of my stupid questions and provided me input on how to make the best build and never once made it seem like I was a burden (I know I probably was). Finally a shout out to the entire Detroit Falcons locker room! I came into the league thinking that I might pop into the locker room now and then and just put in the welfare PT, but with how well you guys took me in and have been taking me in as one of your own, it has made me a lot more committed to the league and the Falcons LR is definitely one of my most followed currently.

[Image: MrEjaPX.png]

[Image: M6lTFl2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 09:33 AM by Weretarantula.)

Hoo boy, very nice to see so many positive messages in here so far. Having only been a member of the site since S44 I can't say that I have too many encounters, having only enjoyed the company of the Dragons and the Armada, but those two make up for many with the people in them.
First thanks goes to my 'OG' Dragons when they first drafted me @Steelhead77 @c00kies @Mike Izzy @Slappydoodle @BarnabasCollins @JKortesi81 @TheDangaZone @mstuk41 @DollarAndADream @Thunder39 @O4L @Ohtaay @Your Mothers Favorite Goalie (I hope I got all those right, smh not using same name on discord as the site)
Second lot of thanks goes to my Dragons who I consider my cup brethren @Katth @bk1689 @Off @Eggy216 @NUCK @Rublic @xDParK @CFJ @Alex Mack 
Third lot of thanks goes to the new Dragons who make the future bright @ACapitalChicago @RaginCajun @KillaScrilla @Chrisda19 @MarlinManiac4 
And special shoutout to recent returnee Dragon @kikish18!
I love you all brothers.
Now onto that lively hive of scum Anchorage. @Acsolap @ml002 @hotdog @Fordyford @Gwdjohnson @DaftRaincloud @Tomen @frithjofr @golden_apricot @Budgie @artermis @Wiad @mdubz @SAwful @honkerrs @Frick_Nasty @"BoucherFan12" @bluesfan55 @Bongo and even the stowaways @Jepox and @goldenglutes
We miss you @Lynxfire @LonnyBohonos16 @Meursault @Insayne @ligma and @spooked
And the ones who can't be called scum for being too perfect @Tomasnz @ej27 @Jenny @.bojo
To my wonderful bankers and former bankers @Slowpoke @goilers @Ferda @Rangerjase @Rich
To @BadWolf who doesn't fit in any particular category above too
@dylanjj37 has to have his own section because it's Dylan
You are all awesome and have made my site experience incredible. Thanks again. Sorry to anyone I've missed.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

First things first, I've been here for a lot longer than I realised. I have great memories of joining the league and joining the Falcons for the first time back in S25 when Clardy was the GM. The LR was absolutely dead but I had a great time joining and hanging out, particularly with Tim Buckner (can't remember his username but he was a great guy). I got drafted to Portland not long after where I joined a new team that already had some amazing guys in the locker room, in particular @JumpierPegasus and @karlssens. The two of them have been lifelong friends to me in terms of the SHL, and in particular with JP, someone who's been super important to keeping me around the league during times when I was getting disillusioned. We went on to GM together and had some success, which really proved to me how great he would have done running Portland long term if his co-GM hadn't destroyed the team with that tampering shit. Following that, I went to LAP. It's probably known it didn't end on the best of terms but I think a lot of the bridges I burnt there have been mended somewhat, and I always have had a great time dealing with @Wasty, who was a great GM to me and a mentor for when I took on a GM role myself. I think the LR we had there was probably my favourite ever in the league, getting to hang out with guys like @WannabeFinn, @ligma, FourFour, Deener, Ragnar and 701 (RIP man) made for some legit crazy times and made me get as deep into the league as I am today. Then it was off to Toronto, where I had a chill couple seasons, and I will always be thankful to @RaiN for taking me in when my value was at rock bottom and not a lot of people were interested. I am glad that I was loyal to him for as long as he stayed GM, and would have stuck with Toronto for a long time if he'd stayed in the job. After that, it was off to Texas, where I've spent the last 20 seasons as a player, 14 of which I've spent as GM. Texas has been my team for nearly 3 years, and I've loved every minute of it. Through good times and bad, we've won a cup, come agonisingly close to winning others, finished at rock bottom and been through some rough days, but as cliched as it sounds I probably wouldn't change any of it. I'd like to shout out a few people who've made my time here what it has been; @Durden (the greatest Renegade there ever will be even if he is now inactive), @Slowpoke (one of my favourite people ever on the site and someone who's been as loyal to the cause as you could ever ask for), @iamslm22 (for being someone who was overlooked by a lot of people but turned into the backbone of our team), @raymond3000 (for being easily the best player I've ever drafted), @puolivalmiste (for the time you've spent in the sim working out how to get us out of the spot we were in last season), @RedCapeDiver (for being an absolute workhorse and doing an amazing job of making our scouting his own) and last but not least @Jearim, who's been an incredible Renegade since we picked him up in the third round of a weak draft, and has worked incredibly hard to help bring our goal we have for the team to reality. I'd like to thank everyone on our team right now for trusting in the vision, there's too many people to tag one by one but you're the best group of guys I think this team has had since I joined and I can't wait for your patience with the team to pay off in the near future. I've had some great times in the SHL, and I'm hoping for some more to come soon.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Oh man - there have been so many great memories in the SHL.    As some others have stated, I had NO IDEA what I was signing up for when I originally joined.  And then realized it's a forum based thing that reminds me of the early 2000s and I almost bailed.  But what really brought me in were the people in discord.  While I will have a lot of great memories I definitely can't ignore the fact that each memory is really just a shared experience with the people that make this a great place to waste my time.

Clearly the SMJHL and SHL drafts stick out as big ones.  For the J draft I didn't expect much and was just going to be happy to be drafted at all.  Little did I know everyone gets drafted as long as you are active and not a complete ass, but I was anxious anyway.  Then getting picked up by the Outlaws and almost immediately feeling part of the team really made things stick.  @SpartanGibbles and @BDonini were very welcoming and the LR presence was great.   @Segi seemed to know everyone and can get the answer to any question I could dream of and is a HUGE resource to the Anaheim crew.   Then as the seasons went on we picked up some amazing rookies who are now running the show over there (looking at you @notoriousTRON and @Geekusoid).   While I was clearly very happy we won the cup in my last J season, I'd still have very fond memories even if we never made it out of the first round.   To anyone here that hasn't been an Outlaw, it's time to recreate and beg to get drafted there.

Then was the SHL draft.   By this time I knew more about how things worked and it really picked up the excitement.   I talked with most of the GMs at some point in the weeks leading up to the draft and really didn't think there was a bad place to land.  I was picked up by @dankoa and @Jearim over at Texas and (hindsight 20/20) think it was the best place to land.   The whole crew over there is awesome,  Dan and Jay have been extremely easy to work with and have a crazy good eye for draftees which makes the talent pool there is extremely deep.   While we are generally still pretty young there will be some heavy hitters there and Texas will be a force to be reckoned with in just a few seasons.

I'm excited for the future here with the SHL and will surely have more to add to this list as things progress.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 10:31 AM by KC15.)

A favorite memory from the SHL? To be fair, I started in the league with a lot of enthusiasm, but I got busy with other sim leagues (including a new gig as an expansion GM in the PBE) and online OOTP leagues and that has limited my time for the SHL and diverted my attention.

However, I still have great memories – especially about how well I have been treated by my teammates and especially my GMs. @Flareon was my first GM when I was drafted by the Halifax Raiders. [It’s sad to see the rebranding even though, as a Kansas City Chiefs fan, I kidded Flareon about not being able to play for a team called the Raiders.] Anyway, Flareon was an absolute gem of a GM helping me learn the best way to build, how to navigate the forum and just about everything else you could want out of a GM.

And now I am under the great leadership of @Velevra having been drafted to the Chicago Syndicate as my first SHL team. When I thought I’d have to bow out of the league due to the additional time commitments of being a PBE GM, Velevra went way beyond the call in being understanding and presenting different options for different activity level. Has made me glad to have stayed and contribute as best I can.

I haven't been a part of the Simulation Hockey League very long. Currently finishing up my second season, but it has been a joy to be here. I started in the Professional Baseball Experience league back at the beginning of January and had seen the affiliates, but figured it would be too much of a time commitment to update multiple leagues. But after talking to a few guys in my locker room, and getting the hang of updates and PT schedule I figured another league would be perfect. I had heard a lot of good things about the SHL so decided to jump in. I may have missed the draft by a couple days, and max TPE earnage, but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as an Outlaw. I've gotten to meet some new people and learn more about hockey from people all over the World. I also got my first title across any sim league when Anaheim won the cup last year. The community as a whole has been pretty awesome. Sure there is drama from time to time, but I'm so far removed from it and my locker rooms are such a great place that I honestly never notice it. Speaking of locker rooms, these have been, by far, the best I have had. It is always very easy to jump in and out of conversations, and I'm not sure anything can ever beat the meme train during the 4 Star Cup.
Code:
244 words

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 12:16 PM by leafsftw1967.)

My favorite SHL memory has to during my time as the Montreal Impact general manager and being part of the management team from season seven until season thirteen. The Impact were the first team I was ever drafted to and a part of during my time in the SHL. During my time with the Impact I had many amazing mentors withToast and Abdeezy. As a thirteen year old at the time I learned so much from them about the SHL and life, while also helping ignite my passion for the league.

I also had the chance to draft and coach a lot of prominent SHL players such as Jordan Nugent-Hall, Caleb Reay, Josef Heiss, Roman Schultz, Rehn Miller, Carter O'Callahan, Steven Jalopski. In seven seasons with the team, the Montreal Impact were able to make five finals appearances and win three four star cups having the most successful run in the juniors ever during the NWJHL era.

Being general manager was the most fun I have had during my time on the site and was the only time I was ever able to win a championship. It was exciting to have a fresh start each season with practically a new roster every year and love how competitive and even all the teams were. I really liked mentoring new members to the site, showing them the rope and seeing all of their enthusiasm for the league. It is unfortunate the Montreal Impact are no longer a team in the juniors but hope their memory lives on.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I've been here for only about 6 months but have had an absolute blast and don't plan on leaving any time soon. This community has given me many things to enjoy such as the sims themselves, my teammates and friends i've made on the forums and of course, graphics. The implementation of graphics in the SHL was a big reason I wanted to join. I had some experience in Photoshop prior and enjoyed making little pieces of sports players which I understand now are called 'sigs'. It allows me to bring my creativity to life which I simply did not have the means to do before joining the forum.

The Kelowna locker is where you'll find me most of the time. I don't chime in too often but believe me, I don't miss a comment as I'm always staying up to date with the most recent shenanigans @GeckoeyGecko is up to. From the initial reach out of @NJBadApple and @Katth I knew Kelowna is the place where I wanted to be. @CementHands was very helpful in the beginning with the ever confusing update thread and explaining how exactly TPE works. @Zoone16, my older goalie brother has been a mentor in allowing me to not only follow in his footsteps on the Knights but prepare me for a bright future in the SHL. @RedCapeDiver and I joined the Knights right around the same time so it has been fun watching players come and go knowing our time to the be the veterans of the club is now upon us. Everyone in the KEL locker room has been great and shoutout to my friends in the SHL Graphics Community as well. @Wasty has been so helpful for me in on the Graphics side of things so I want to thank him for his ability to train/guide me in the art of creating high quality signatures. 

My most vivid memory of being in the league is the Game 7 loss to ANC in the Four Star Cup. I remember being so mad I didn't talk to anyone for the rest of the night and went straight to bed. My favorite memory is definitely being drafted by SFP by @DaftRaincloud and @Grapehead. I remember I was in a bar with some coworkers (already drunk at this point) and was paying close attention the draft all night. Once selected by the Pride I was going around telling everyone I was just drafted by a professional hockey team, the San Francisco Pride. People must have looked at me like I was crazy but it was a fun night. 

..If I missed anyone I apologize but thank you to all for making this site what it is today. I can't wait for the next 10 years and beyond!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Man this is a great idea for a thread thanks to two of my favorites @nour and @hotdog for doing this.

I want to start out by talking about getting drafted in the beginning. I was a veteran sim leaguer having been in PBE and NSFL and I think I was decently well respected and many GMs were interested in me but I wasn't picked in teh first round. I want to shout out @44 for drafting me and giving me the opportunity. That LR was super fun with @moongoose87 and Burb and many others who I don't fully remember - but it was a great old time. Those two seasons though while fun weren't super successful though my player was excellent. Then my buddy @nour took a chance and traded for me and I dominated. I was an all star and wound up being playoffs MVP and it was a lot of fun.

But that's not a ton of why I enjoyed this league. I enjoyed this league mainly because of @dankoa and Texas. This LR has been incredible my entire time. These guys are awesome. @Jearim my s40 buddy - been incredible to see you grow into the GM you've become. @Slowpoke and @Dangles13 are two of the absolute best guys I've ever met in sim leagues. @JumpierPegasus for believing in me with Dan too. Shouts too all of you. Love this team and I'm sad to move on.