Create Account

S53 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 05:23 PM by Chevy.)

Possible TPE: 18/16
Actual TPE: 16/16

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?
The teams that had early on access to FHM while still playing in the STHS era had an advantage of being able to not only learn and adjust tactics, but also in changing the dynamics of their team to better suit the system based play that FHM seems to revolve around as opposed to luck based that STHS had.  Now that the league as a whole has had the chance to learn and adapt, the top seat in Season 54 will be a tough seat to predict.  With that being said, however, since all players will be able to redistribute, I think the top seat will go to a team (like Hamilton in the SHL, or Detroit in the SMJHL) where they are able to employ a whole play system and get all of their players to adapt their skillsets to be most efficient inside of that system.  As Herb Brooks once said, "The team that will win, is the team that can take the individual players talent and harness it inside of a system.  A team cannot win on talent alone." (paraphrased obviously).

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?
Square Peg / Round Hole Award.  With the introduction of Franchise Hockey Manager into the SHL, a whole new slew of options has become available to both players and GM's alike.  Major/Minor roles as well as tactics is one of those options that has become available.  Before, in the STHS era, the main focus was to get your TPE as high as possible so you can make your ratings as high as possible.  You were then placed on a line, given some ice time and went to town as a team in hopes that you (with a little bit of luck sometimes from Simon) would be triumphant.  Now, its time for the cerebral assassins (strategists) to take over.  While I can't determine any single person whom the award should be named after, I can say that it should be given to the GM or Player who's season was overall a success despite having a series of ratings/roles that didn't fit with their team and the tactics.  They were the square peg that fit in the round hole.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?
IIHF play and organizing will be extraordinarily tough in comparison to regular season SHL or SMJHL.  As mentioned in a previous answer to this championship week, the best teams are going to be those who are able to accommodate an entire system of play and are able to get all of their players to be on board with their builds and distributions across lines.  By contract, IIHF GM's will have the incredible feat of piecing together the "perfect puzzle" out of players who will have adjusted their ratings to meet their individual team needs.  So not only will they have to find the system that works for play, but they'll have to create a working and viable subsystem (teamception?) that doesn't flaw itself to this type of round-robin, inter-team play.  The teams that are willing to go down that rabbit hole, will be the teams that brings home the gold, silver and bronze.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.
Welcome to "Simulation Hockey Gladiators", where during intermission, three lucky fans will face off against random SMJHL professionals in a series of on-ice events...without skates in a team relay format.  That's right!  First will be the Sumo check where the fans will try to hip check the professionals off their feet while wearing a sumo suit.  The second event will be the slapshot lane where the fans will try to quickly score more slapshots into the goal before the professionals before finally rounding up to the third and final event:  Speed Racer.  Both the professionals and the participating fans will have to don league official clown shoes and sprint from blue line to blue line as fast as they can.  Should the fans be victorious against the SMJHL professionals, each will receive their choice of gift of either:  free tickets to an upcoming game or autographed game-worn apparel.  Should the fans end up losing however, they get a participation trophy made of lego-grade abs plastic with the inscription "This was nothing like the simulations".

Code:
8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.
[Image: bl7rR6q.jpg]

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification Word: Stromboli
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 04:52 PM by roastpuff.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In that alternate reality, Toronto found a way to capture the essence of the best hockey players in a hockey puck that they touch. After capturing the essences of Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Rod Brind'Amour, Marian Gaborik, Pierre Pilote and Dale Hawerchuk, they would infuse these hockey legends' skills and spirit into their starting lineup, making them almost unbeatable. This Toronto team would see them demolish the New England Wolfpack in 4 games, with a +69 goal differential (nice), and then face Hamilton in the second round, demolishing them in 5 games with a +1337 goal differential, as the strategy optimization performed by the Steelhawks backfired on them and caused them to score on their own goalie. For the final round, they would go on to face the Texas Renegades, who through hook or crook, managed to make their way into the Challenge Cup finals. You would think that the power of the hockey greats would make Toronto the undisputed champions of the Challenge Cup, but the Renegades pulled out pistols and shot them dead on the ice, possibly explaining how they got to the finals in the first place. Therefore, the Texas Renegades are your Challenge Cup champions in this alternate universe!

Code:
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

This season is going to see the true order of IIHF countries shake out, now that they will all be in one big group and everyone gets to play each other. We will also see how complementary everyone’s build in FHM is as it is not as easy as it was in STHS to build a team with pieces that match and mesh with each other. In terms of teams that have a chance at the gold, of course we have the perennial favourites USA and Canada, followed by possibly Great Britain and Ireland. I think that Sweden and Switzerland could be dark horses to try and at least get into the medal rounds. Sweden, my team, is still fairly young, as we have had some turnover of the core players. We would be happy if we get into a medal round and bring home a medal, but we are not too focused on success but more on growth instead.

Code:
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.
In order to keep fans occupied between periods, the Edmonton Blizzard have decided to have two professional snowball fight teams (yes, they exist! yes, they are Japanese!) from Japan, the Hokkaido Hunters and the Sapporo Snowmen, perform a snowball fight on the ice surface. They will bring on all the snow from the Zamboni's scrapings to form into snowballs and snow forts for the fight, and then after a countdown, the massacre will begin. These teams consist of 10 players each, and to make it more fun, each SHL team will contribute two players to each side. The SHL players can be on skates so that they don’t have to get in and out of their equipment between periods, and they will be more mobile than the Japanese snowball league team players. The losing side will be lined up at center ice before the start of the next period, and then they will be forced to sing and dance humiliating songs (I’m a Little Teapot is a crowd favorite) chosen by the audience that night.

Code:
7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

I would love to have a cameo in a procedural crime show of some kind, and maybe be the villain for that episode! Magnus Liljestrom could be an up-and-coming hockey star, but embroiled in the suspicion that he killed a rival player. Maybe Magnus could have secretly interrupted a practice session and used the player’s own skates to slash his neck, and covered it up by using banana peels to make it look like the player “slipped” and his own leg came up and cut his throat as he forgot to puck on his blade covers for his skates. Or something.

Code:
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

The Hamilton Steelhawks have introduced a new combination snack/drink at their arena concession stands called the Steel Hawk Slurp! This drink is an icy, slushy mix coming in a few different flavours (including Tears Of Your Enemies, Delicious Salt, Tilted Tea, Steely Steel, and Is This Even Legal) but the crowning piece de resistance is the Steelhawk Spoon that comes with every purchase, and the bag of Steelhawk Snacks! Beware, the spoon is shaped like a Steelhawk, and has many sharp edges, making every spoonful of Slurp that you spoon into your mouth potentially life-threatening - just adding to the heightened experience. The Steelhawk Snacks are also shaped in the shape of a Steelhawk, and as hard as a Steelhawk, giving the roof of your mouth the chance of being stabbed with every bite! Band-aids are also available for purchase at each concession stand, and cotton balls to stem the bleeding are available from your friendly section usher if needed.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

tattletale

List of CW Claims:
1. Alternate universe + 3 TPE
5. IIHF + 3 TPE
6.  Entertainment + 3 TPE
7.  Cameo + 2 TPE
8.  Concession stand + 3 TPE
16. Trivia + 3 TPE

Total: 17 TPE (16 max)

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 02:45 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

With the upcoming free redistribution of TPE for S54, I am sure most teams will now know what attributes are more important than other ones. However, I anticipate that the teams we saw performing well last season should do well for S54 as well. The teams that I believe will perform well for S54 would be the Hamilton  Steelhawks , New England  Wolfpack , Buffalo  Stampede , LA  Panthers , Edmonton  Blizzard  and Calgary  Dragons . All of these teams performed well in the regular season and two of those teams made it to the finals in S53. These teams are likely to be the powerhouses of the SHL for the future and teams will look to these teams and see how their players stats are allocated and try to emulate it on their own teams. With the new sim engine, we have seen an increase in scoring and we have seen that players with higher TPE will perform better. All of the teams I have listed have some players with higher TPE and they should continue producing at a high level moving forward. 

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

The player that I would like to see win a regular season individual award in a future season would have to be the goaltender from the Edmonton  Blizzard @Emiko Emiko Spector capturing the John McBride trophy for the best goalie in the SHL. She is going to be the backbone for our net for the foreseeable future with Tommy Tuck set to retire after this season. I believe not so far in the near future once she gains more TPE, she will be one of the top goaltenders in the league and be a brick wall for us in net. The true test begins in S54 when she is the undisputed #1 goalie for us and will play a pivotal role for us moving forward with Tommy Tuck calling it a career. 

Code:

During a home game for the Edmonton  Blizzard on center ice there will be participants competing against each other to see who can consume the most amount of pepperoni in five minutes. The competition will take place in Game 3 of the finals after Edmonton returns from Hamilton for the first two games of the series. The winner will receive tickets to all home games for the S54 season. This concept was inspired by none other than leading scorer for the regular season and playoffs for us @"TommySalami" Tony Pepperoni. The  Blizzard fan base have gone all out with pepperoni merchandise from t-shirts, hoodies, hats you name it for this playoff run supporting Tony. The events team got in touch with Tony before the playoffs and asked him what intermission activity he would like to have and he suggested a competition with fans to see who can eat the most amount of pepperoni slices in five minutes. Things will get messy and some people might feel uneasy watching, but we know that Tony will be loving this. 

Code:
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

Back in my high school days I had the chance to take a drama class and my teacher said that I have an extreme talent for acting and becoming the character that I was tasked with playing. I also have always wanted to be in a superhero movie. However, my career has taken a turn and I am now a SHL hockey player. But, I would love it if I can make a cameo in the next Spiderman action movie. Spiderman has always been a superhero of mines that I adored watching when growing up and if I ever had the chance to be in a Spiderman film, that would be something that I can always cherish forever. It would be cool to take a picture with Tom Holland as well  Blush

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

A. Hands down the best player in the S54 CC finals would have to be my fellow  Blizzard teammate Tony Pepperoni. He has been playing heavy minutes and leading the playoffs in scoring thus far. He has 15 points in 11 playoff games going into the finals and we will need him to continue this production if we want a shot at avenging our S51 defeat against the Hamilton  Steelhawks . But I believe Tony will be the best player in the finals. 

B. A totally non-biased answer but Edmonton's advantage in speed and acceleration should provide them an edge in the physicality factor. The game of hockey has been evolving from big body checks and roughing up your opponent to now being quick, speedy and shifty. The evolution of this play style should provide the Edmonton  Blizzard  an edge and hopefully allow them to capture the Challenge Cup once again. 

C. F - Tony Pepperoni  Blizzard , F - Flacko Lagerfield  Steelhawks  F - Aaron Wilson Steelhawks , D - Brady McIntyre  Blizzard , D - Gabriel Johnson  Steelhawks , G - Geezus Kryyst  Steelhawks

Tony has been the leading scorer in the S54 playoffs and an all around beast in the regular season as well so he is an automatic lock for my team. Flacko while not dominating the playoffs production wise like he did in the regular season, but he has shown he can light the lamp up by having 71 points in the regular season. Aaron has been a key player for the  Steelhawks and can be an underdog for them in the series. Brady has been a workhorse for the  Blizzard on the blue line logging almost 30 minutes a game. Gabriel is the offensive defensemen any team would want to have and that is why he is on my fantasy team. Geezus would be my fantasy goalie as he gets the opportunity to play in front of a very talented roster.

D. When i was a young child I LOVED the snow and enjoyed playing in the snow with my friends during recess or lunch break at school. However, now that I am an adult I HATE the snow. It is very annoying to drive in and everyone becomes a worse driver when there is snow. I also dislike shoveling snow and it triggers me when I see sidewalks who haven't shoveled or salted their sidewalks as well. I am sure a lot of people feel the same way about snow now that they have reached adulthood. 

Code:

Verification word: Thanos

Total TPE: +16 TPE

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 04:37 PM by Fitted2106.)

#1 in this alternate world tampa bay wins the cup off the back of michael fitted and tom fiddler the dynamic duo each centered a line putting up 100 points each a feat many considered impossible until these two rookies made it happen. A deadline deal to re acquire flacko lagerfield pushed tampa well over the limit in there quest for the s54 cup and into there place in history. This was all possible thanks to the SHLS gm of the year Mcp who had this roster go through an intense off season workout regimen that saw them go from 700 tpe players to 1900 tpe players overnight. Such methods behind mcp's training were talking to tom Brady and getting his players on the Tb 12 regimen, doing circuit workouts and drinking plenty of egg nog. Cant argue with results I always say mcp sure got what he needed out of these boys and dang nabbit he sold his soul to get it.

Trivia confirmation word = fitted 3tpe

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 11:24 AM by Katth.)

Game 7 of the first round of the playoffs. Edmonton vs Calgary. After a hard fought battle Calgary is victorious and knocks out the Edmonton Blizzard in a barn burner 6-2. Hattrick for Mike Izzy, Otis B. Driftwood has 4 assists and Kata Vilde saved 34 of 36 shots that went his way. Celebrations are big in the locker room. On to face the Los Angeles Panthers in the conference finals. In the conference finals, Calgary stonewalls the Panthers to qualify for the Challenge Cup final against the Hamilton Steelhawks. In the finals the Steelhawks take a 2-0 lead in the series on home ice, but in Calgary the tables are turned. Calgary ties up the series 2-2 going back to Hamilton. Game 5 will decide which team is going to be 1 away from winning it all, but it's not even close. Calgary wins 4-0 and returns home knowing that Hamilton is on the brink. Game 6 saw a better Hamilton Steelhakws, but they were no match for the strong Calgary Dragons and the Dragons extend their reign as most succesful franchise in SHL history.

I think Karlstraße Scholz could be a future winner of defender of the year award. My former Kelowna Knights teammate is an absolute star in the making and has all the qualities of becoming one of the leagues best defenseman. He still has a few years left in him before his peak and his work ethic has been one of the best I've ever seen. He's not the most talkative person I've been on a team with, but he's very professional and down to earth. I have no doubt that he will one day win an award, I'm pretty sure of that.

My player would be awesome to play in a movie called New Kids Turbo. New Kids Turbo is a movie about a group of friends that's become unemployed and are fighting against the system. Their social benefits isn't enough for their beer drinking and weed smoking life style and bills are piling up. When a debt collector confronts them, hell breaks lose and local law enforcement and eventually military gets involved. Meanwhile the group of friends is preparing to fight a large group of law enforcers with old weapons from World War II and in the end they are victorious.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

a.
Tony Pepperoni is handsdown the best player in this years Challenge Cup final. He's been scoring like a monster this season and in the playoffs and has carried Edmonton all the way to the Challenge Cup finals. In terms of scoring there's nobody that is even getting close to be in his league.

b.
I think these advantages should cancel eachother out. Hamilton is more physical and Edmonton has more speed. So we should see plenty of physical play from Hamilton and also some nice speedy plays from Edmonton. All in all I think it should be a decent final to watch with each having their advantage over the other.

c.
F: Tony Pepperoni
F: Flacko Lagerfield
F: Robert Phelps
D: Gabriel Johnson
D: Karlstraße Scholz
G: Hamilton Steelhawks

Flacko has been a beast this regular season, being the highest scoring player in fantasy in the league. The rest has been pretty good also and should make for a very good fantasy team.

d.
Snow is nice when you're in the mountains or in the country side. Down here in the city not so much and it's just a nuisance. People start to drive terrible, public transport has more delays, sidewalks turn into ice skating rinks over time etc. So snow can be cool as long as you're not in the city.

14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
I would say that Robert Phelps is the most valuable player of the series, he's been an absolute stud this series and playoffs. While Tony Pepperoni was a beast all playoffs long, I think Robert Phelps has, as a Challenge Cup winner, the edge in this one. Can a player on the losing team ever be playoff MVP? I think we've had this question before. I would argue that it's not the case, I mean you didn't win the cup so you can't be MVP. That's why I think Robert Phelps of Hamilton Steelhawks is this playoffs MVP and not anybody else.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE
Katth

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 03:07 PM by Tate.)

This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

There is nothing I want more than to have an alternate reality when it comes to this year's playoffs. I have to admit it when I say that I was really, really excited about this year's chances. The Los Angeles Panthers are filled with key players at each position and had one of the best finishes to the regular season. Unfortunately the first round was tainted with the NOLA line mix up, which ruined the way people looked at the series. It was a situation where if LAP didn't win, everyone would have freaked out. Next up we go against Edmonton and EVERY single game went to OT with the LAP getting extremely unlucky and losing in every single game. What a rough pill to swallow, at least give us one win but a sweep!? So in my new reality we don't have the NOLA mix up happen, and LAP still beats them because we're awesome. We also destroy Edmonton in a 5 game series (at least) and go on to make sweet love to Hamilton in the finals and win it all.

183 words

With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

Well, because the playoffs are so fresh in mind I'll have to go with an award based off of our first round series with New Orleans. One of the arguments that was made about why the offset lines were so bad in game 1 and game 2 is because it gave New Orleans momentum heading into game 3. Apparently, momentum really matters when it comes to the Franchise Hockey Manager's sim engine and it is something that every team planning lines and statistics needs to be aware of. In the case of naming the aware after a player I have to go with Aleister Cain of New Orleans because the goalie was lights out amazing and nearly won them the series himself. So in this case the formal name for the award will be the Aleister Cain Momentum Award and it will be given to the player who carries his team from win to win because the FHM sim loves him so much.

163 words

In the case of trying to create some entertainment in the finals, my thought is to of course focus on the teams at hand. Now, with every sports team you have a mascot and if we were to look at the two mascots we would have a Hawk for Hamilton and either a Fox or perhaps a wolf for Edmonton. I think it's a fox but I'm not entirely sure, but it doesn't matter as it doesn't change my idea. All right, so we need to have a battle to the death (fake death) between the Hawk and the Fox. So you lower the arena lights and get some flash fun color lights in there. You have the Hawk swoop in and down at the Fox, while the Fox does some sick moves to get into a position to get the Hawk. Then at the climatic part of the performance, both the Hawk and Fox attack one another, killing each other as all the lights in the arena turn red and real blood is poured over the audience. Should be a hell of a show.

185 words

Finally, I get to write about my one true love in the SHL, the Los Angeles Panthers. So for this PT I have to think of a cameo to be in for my player, which is the goaltender for LAP, Knox Booth. Now, if you've been following my writing/story for Knox you'll know that he's involved in his own murder investigation. With that being the case he definitely needs to be on an episode of CSI. We need to see a breakdown of the murder scene and all the clues left behind so that Knox can use them to find the real killer and seek revenge!!

106 words

a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
For me there is only one true answer when it comes to naming the best player in the finals and that's Tony Pepperoni. First of all, what a name! The guy strikes both fear and love into the hearts of all those that hear it. Second of all, he's a producer. You want a player to count on? Get Pepperoni.

b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
At this point you have to believe that Hamilton is going to take it all. It's clear that the team has an amazing management team who has assembled a hell of a squad so I believe that Hamilton will have the edge when it comes to this series. Yes, Edmonton has been given some sort of luck, but all luck runs out eventually and it will for Edmonton in the finals.

c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
So right off the hop I'm going to go with Barrett Blackwood of Edmonton due to his point producing in the offseason, he's been a beast and he'll be one for my fantasy team. Next up on forward I'll select Hercules Rockfeller, also from EDM due to his offense and wicked name. To round it off on center I'mma take Jon Forty-One, why? Because I want the EDM chemistry and clearly they're doing something right. On defense I'm going with Hamilton's Tig Murphy and Jax Duggan, they're comfortable with each other and reliable. Lastly in net I want Geezus Kryyst, look, he's the lord and savior and you don't leave God on the bench.

d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?
There is one day and one day alone that I like to have snow on, and that's Christmas. The best kind of snow is that white, fluffy kind, you know- the type that is fun to play in and can be made into snowmen? Other than that snow can go fuck itself. It's a huge pain in the ass to drive in, or even walk your dog in. The only benefit to it is that it looks pretty, and the only time it looks pretty is when it first falls. After that it gets all muddy and gross. Say no to snow!

16. CW TRIVIA
1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post

- Verification word is: Yesplease

TPE = 16

[Image: p82ugau.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 03:57 PM by TnlAstatine.)

Alright so obviously the one true reality that everybody knows about isn't this one and it's the one in where buffalo wins every single year that luffy is on it. How do we know this is true? Well because its the most statistically likely thing to happen, and the fact that it's not happening is absurd. Sure it would be boring if the green and yellow took over year after year but a dynasty is a dynasty and you can't fuck with that. The one true thing in that reality is seeing the buffalo stampede going 50-0 (realistically 82-0 but i guess in SHL world thats way too harsh a reality cause fuck me) over and over would get boring, so the poor dynasty would have to lose some games to texas and toronto to keep them hungry and maybe get those 10 wins that seems way to impossible to achieve.

This clearly goes out to the Buffalo Stampede. They are fielding an entire team above 1000 tpe and they have a rising star goalie in evok chan. I know a lot has been figured out in way of daddy cheat wilson but the meta will come as we see a rise in stronger and more defensive oriented players and a lot of the winning will come from the strats of each GM. So we see Tomen as the one true leader in percentages and daddy wilson will have to crawl into the depths of his psyche and despair to find a new meta to beat the old meta and hopefully he breaks FHM too and gets a swift perma ban. You can bet your bottom dollar that buffalo will be at the top of the standings and hoisting the fucking cup next season, and probably for the next 5 seasons at least.

The only person worth mentioning for any awards on these teams is tig murphy. Not only is tig murphy a class act all around but a humble being both on and off the ice. Obviously Tigs long and hard career is coming to an end but with his prime slowly turning into the past I bet mister tig murphy will take that slow road back home and into the hall of fame sunset as he slowly ages and sees his beautiful career highlights behind him. I think he has potential to win at least one more award to put up in his retirement home, don't let me down tigothy.

Honestly IIHF is going to be a boom fest and a clusterfuck for at least this first season. I think since this post it got changed again and there are actually two groups? But the stacked nations are going to have to completely dumpster here. Canada and USA and the lieks have too much blood and too much firepower and FHM is a cruel relentless bitch to the weaker and feeble teams. Sure some teams have a lot of top end talent, but fhm really rewards depth and honestly its going to be hard pressed to beat canada or the united states of freedom. I honestly hope these guys somehow get bounced early by a fucking miracle of luck and that we see the finals have some random countries and anything can happen then. I think japan will win some games, they have really good forwards but the back end is severely lacking for anything. I think japan will have a hard time getting out of their zone, but with any hope in heck they get it out. Their forwards are so good that they might score a lot to compensate.

14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Well like I have stated above, the only person on either team worth mentioning is Tig Murphy. Long has this player been a thorn in everybodys sides that he comes to play against and playing right now at the prime of primes, the tippy top of tippy taps he has single handedly brought hamilton to yet another cum cup. Oh wait that was calgary uhh nevermind just a cup. At least this one doesnt have an asterix beside it hey tiggy? I feel like if you kept everything the same but put tig on edmoton for literally anybody, even their best player, edmonton would win hands dow.

Vword - apples

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 07:07 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:

With what ive seen from FHM, i think we may be able to pull off a defensive player of the year award using some of the new metrics we have available to us. but I wouldnt get carried away with it and create it for each position.. id say 1 award which can be given to any position. Also the metrics that goes into the tud fegerson can be changed. right now its who gets the most PIMS but that seems like an incomplete criteria with all the new data we have now..  with the birth of the FHM enforcer that can be tweaked to look at PIMS, Fights, Hits and some advanced metrics factored in. Its also possible that we may need to revisit each award and add some additional criteria to each.

Code:

This is the most excited ive been for IIHF in quite a while. The old guard of Austrians were valliant and diminutive! for 10 seasons were the 2nd best country in the world (to ireland) ... and we rocked the stadiums each tourny! but like any team we got old and guys retired.. and it left austria in a bit of a void even though weve continued to win. but this season under the great command of coach @bk1689  we are excited and ready for Austria2.0!  We have added some young stars in Alexander Wachter, Jimmy Wagner, Mega Tron, Theo Kondos and Cale Amundsen to go along with a healthy top set of players... were back to being young and fun and i suspect this new austrian groups going to surprise some teams in this seasons tourny!

Code:

https://vimeo.com/405783575

For some strange yet glorious decision by coach @Keygan ..  Blizzard  played the Calgary Dragons team video between periods during there first challenge cup home game! Edmontons coaching staff is excellent and this was an excellent decision.. and while i admit the fans werent exactly jumping around in there seats.. they did appreciate the Parm-Pigeon hovering above and quasi shitting on Robert Phelps head. #FLY-PIGEON-FLY!!!!!! (BTW Calgary did not tell the Parm-P to do that to the hall of famer!) and he will be talked too once he flies home...

[Image: Uce5zO0.jpg]

I do have to shout out Hamilton for a wonderful intermission where steelhawks legends Angelo Odjick, Nour Harrak and Dwayne Wyder did a 3 man juggling act ending with Ryder fighting a angered beaver taken away from its babies to be apart of the festivities. No word on Ryders injuries.

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: vf2jy7v.png]

@Julio Tokolosh

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
With the shift to a new era of SHL, HO has decided to redesign the championship trophy. Create a graphic of a new trophy to be handed to the winners of the S53 title.

[Image: VQOTa1J.png]

Code:

F - Tony Pepperoni
F - Flacko Lagerfield
F - Robert Phelps
D -Karlstrabe Scholz
D - Gabriel Johnson
G - Geezus Kryyst

This is a pretty damn good team and a good mix of good young talent and the skill and poise you need to succeed. The big shock to me is flacko being so good this late in his career...a tough guy to keep out was Aaaron Wilson.. its kind of crazy to leave out a 57 point player.

Mike Izzy = 16 TPE

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 11:56 PM by JNH.)

Tasks: 2 (3), 4 (3), 5 (3), 13 (4), Trivia (3) = 16 TPE

Probably Hamilton.  It's not too hard to be the best when you basically test sim until you create a league beating meta.  If some other team somehow acquires an infinite lack of a life, then maybe they'll also be able to compete and give Hamilton a run for their money.  After that, I think NEW is going to remain near the top given that FHM rewards teams that are stacked and New England is incredibly well built.  They have fantastic depth TPE wise for their roster and they're not an overly aging roster so I do not see their dominance slowing down in the future.  Buffalo will also continue to beast and feast on the league.  They just added Kholin and gave up few substantial assets.  I don't see a scenario in which they're not a cup contender in the near future.  Oh good, all these teams are in Chicago's conference and 2/3 are in Chicago's division.  Exciting times in the SHL.

I think a cool new award would be one that is given out to the person (or people) that write the best article based on FHM for that season.  I think with the advent of FHM and it's ability to track advanced stats, we're seeing an increase in what people can write about and the data that media writers can present to the people.  Groups like SJHN this season brought us some fantastic content and I think an award could serve as valid recognition for those that are going above and beyond and as encouragement for future writers to go above and beyond in search of some hardware.  It would also have a positive effect of adding high quality writing to the SHL Media area and hopefully encouraging some insightful and innovative pieces.  I'm not sure who to name it after, maybe Luke Thomason as he's churned out some of the heftiest (and more insightful) articles I've seen.  This season, I'd probably give it to Jukka Timonen for his article on which FHM attributes are correlated with individual and team success.

I think we'll see the usual suspects win in the IIHF this year given that FHM seems to be rewarding the best built and managed teams right now.  Both Hamilton and Detroit won and it's no secret that they were both built the strongest & most balanced.  (get it?).  So on that note, I think we'll see strong performances from Canada and the United States.  It's a numbers game and they're the two heavyweights.  After that, I think Japan has some strong builds so we'll likely be able to squeeze in as a 4 seed again.  I think some teams are going to get beat up quite a bit by the stronger teams as once again, FHM is rewarding the high TPE teams (as it should).  With Luffy, the Smebs, Westbroek and Ren getting even better and then some young guns in Minamino, Dayudie, Sato etc. taking up the depth roles, Japan is poised well to succeed into the future.

Kryyst is my best player in the Challenge Cup Finals. Dude is a very stellar goaltender and every team needs one to be their backbone in order to win the cup. Edmonton has a very strong team and Hamilton is going to (and did) need Kryyst to be at his absolute best to pull this out. Lagerfield is a close second as he had a hell of a season and was a superstar.

It's gotta be Hamilton's balance and strength. It's the FHM meta and finally others in the league are catching on. Speed and acceleration are great for individual production but winning as a team is all about balance and strength and Hamilton is going to ride that to the cup. Cups are about team play and you need the stats that emphasize team play.

F - Flacko Lagerfield: No brainer, dude like I said was a superstar this season and it'd be insane to leave him off.
F - Aaron Wilson: Where would our team be without our resident super brain? If we didn't have someone like him to test, we wouldn't succeed.
F - Julio Tokolosh: No team would be complete without our resident cowman. Julio brings a great scoring touch and some stellar graphics. Who knows if we'll need to rebrand?
D - Brady McIntyre: Lil annoying but like, we need some good players yeah?
D - Robert Phelps: Awe yeah, we goin all offense with some forwards on the back end. Unless he's a forward... then nevermind. Phelpsy is a stud and he'll bring the firepower.
G - Kryyst: I can't remember how to spell his name but yeah, him. Best goalie in the playoffs and he's the ideal fantasy goalie for our squad.

No, it's cold and uncomfortable. But on a serious note, while it is beautiful and I love me a good ODR, I don't enjoy it right now. I've gotta walk to campus every day and that's a whole lot harder when you're trudging through snow up to your knees. Call me when I have a car with some snow tires or don't have to leave the house (ahem... quarantine) and I'll be on board.

(CLAIM 4 TPE for 4/4)

TRIVIA SUBMITTED:
@SDCore

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 04:58 PM by Rindiee.)

2. With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season? +3

Free distributions are great for people who don't like the way their build performed, or now have a strengthened idea as to how the sim works so now they can build appropriately to their liking, or in a way that works their team, their line etc etc. However, I don't think it will prove to be overly dramatic in the sense that, the worse teams are now going to compete. If you don't have the talent to compete, a redistribution isn't going to magically make you compete. New England will still always be a top team, they have top earners, some sim league nerds who seem to know what they're doing, I don't think they'll be going anywhere soon. Keeping it in the Eastern conference, I think Hamilton will still stay relevant as well. However, I do see a team like Manhattan bouncing back after a not so great 53 point season. In the Western Conference it wouldn't come as a surprise to see LAP stay relevant, and some goes for Edmonton. With Calgary creeping into that top 2 spot as well, I'll be looking for them to try and over take next season, and same goes for New Orleans who was more so on the outside looking in. In my opinion, it'll have less to do with this redistribution, but I guess we will only know when we see.

3. Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware? +2

If I had to pick a player from either Hamilton or Edmonton to win a future award, my choice without a doubt would be Flacko Lagerfield, winning the Sarmad Khan. I know Lagerfield is regressing but based on this seasons performance, I can confidently say he would get my vote as the players choice MVP. It's clear Lagerfield has a build built to score and his total TPE only means so much, as he outperformed Wagstrom who is the top earner in the league with over 2000 TPE while Lagerfield is currently sitting at ~1400. 34 goals, good for second in the league, 37 assists good for top five, totaling at a league leading 71 points when not even in the top 10 in TOI? Did I mention Lagerfield had the best OGR at 83 also? Yeah I'd say that's a pretty decent stat line.

7. Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk). +2

At this point I'm sure you guys know my boy Potts is an absolute :cat: magnet for lack of a better word (I know you're catching my drift Wink ). So obviously you know they have Space Jam with MJ and then Space Jam 2 is coming with LeBron, and then they got Mighty Ducks and what not.... But imagine like a movie series that is like playboys ATHLETES EDITION? Right, right? Starring the one the only SLATT Potts. The name of the movie is SLATT and his 27 bunnies. Basically SLATT lives in a fat mansion with hella bunnies and they have a great time, feeding him grapes tending to his every needs. Needless to say, Potts is performing at the top of his game thanks to his 27 bunnies, shoutout to you ladies.

13a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why? +1

I think it depends what you're using to determine who the best player is in order to get your answer, and I think we'll see a variety of answers. If you wanted to use the small sample size of this seasons playoff performance you may say Tony Pepperoni. If you want to use regular season performance you may have another answer. I think to provide a variety my best player in this CC finals is Tony Pepperoni, based off of his performance in the playoffs up to this point. Sure, Pepperoni is playing a ton of minutes each game, but he is leading the league in playoff points and the next closest Hamilton player is Robert Phelps, who has 6 less points (in 2 less games, given.) On top of his league leading point total, Pepperoni has the best OGR in playoffs with 83. Knowing what we know about Pepperoni throughout his career, this is a player who is well deserving of the nod for best player in the Challenge Cup.

(Honorable mention: Geezus Kryyst, dude is playing out of his mind... again)

13c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices. +1

F: Tony Pepperoni
F: Flacko Lagerfield
F: Robert Phelps
D: Tig Murphy
D: Brady McIntyre
G: Geezus Kryyst

Forwards: Honestly, pretty easy explanation, they're all top players in their crafts who had phenomenal seasons respectively. You could argue it was a down year for Pepperoni but he still averaged over a point per game, and is in the CC soooo :shrug:.... As far as Lagerfield goes, as stated earlier I mean he should win the Sarmad Khan imo so for that matter he's definitely going on my fantasy team lol. Robert Phelps was 3rd in points this season and having to build a team with the two CC competitors only, I think taking Phelps is a pretty safe bet here. Defense: I love defensemen who stay true to their position but can also produce. Both Murphy and McIntyre do just that. Murphy finished the regular season with 35 points and 26 +/- oh and I should probably mention a DGR of 88. Yeah, he's a stud. McIntyre finished the season with 28 points a +11 and a DGR of 88 as well. Two absolute units. Goaltender: Buddy, Kryyst had an unreal stat line to say the least... A 35-6 W/L record 2.11 GA, 5 Shutties and a .915SV% yes please.

13d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not? +1

I love snow, growing up in Seattle (irl) when we got snow without having to go to the mountains it was always so much fun. Although it is quite chilly in the winter if you live east of the mountains you don't get snow every year so whenever we did get it I had a blast in it. Not to mention now living in Arizona I never see snow unless I'm going skiing which is 2 hours North from where I live, and although I love shredding the pow, it's not the same as it is to have snow in your neighborhood, and never will be. But yes, I love snow.

NSFL PT +3
16. Sent +3

16 TPE on the dot Smile

[Image: minadsslatt.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 04:11 PM by AW13.)

ignore this one

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 04:32 PM by AW13.)

Code:
One (1) welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
PBE PT - AW13

Code:

In my perfect reality, New England would have made the Challenge cup and won. The GMs would not try to take blame away from themselves and put it on their goalie prompting a trade to try and cover up any failures that they had where they were owned by Hamilton in the playoffs, straight up. Leitner would not be the 2nd or 3rd best playoff goalie and instead by number one and be the hero of this new reality and would win a cup and add to his legacy as an above average goaltender in the SHL and while he probably won't be a hall of famer, he still has an MVP trophy to his name, was just the best regular season goalie ever in the new FHM era and helped navigate through an entire New England Wolfpack rebuild. The Wolfpack always had a goalie to rely on and in my reality, they would have realized it. Reality however as Thanos says, is often disappointing. Oh well, on to bigger and better things.

Code:

Well...I know this is going to sound crazy but I have a new team and am supposed to be fired up about that right!? I did not really have a choice in the matter as it was a trade but still, got to buy in, believe, and try to help my new team as best I can! Tampa Bay has one of the young up and coming teams in the playoffs and just sent away some veteran players including their starting goaltender but in exchange got another starting veteran goaltender that can come in and hopefully help the team through a rebuild like he did in New England. With the team being young, they will be at a disadvantage but there is such a thing as sim luck right? Why not Tampa Bay? With some sim magic and great efforts by our whole team including the GM(s) who knows what could happen. Tampa Bay will be the team to beat next season! New England will be up there also but will be foiled again, and again, not because of their goalie. Wink

Code:

So, I don't know how well it would work on ice but one of the most entertaining halftime shows I have seen at multiple basketball games is Red Panda who is a lady from China that rides a unicycle and flips bowls up on to her head and catches them all while riding her unicycle. It is pretty awesome and the crowd definitely gets into it especially when she gets multiple bowls on her head and not only catches them on her head, but is also balancing multiple bowls all while riding the unicycle and flipping bowls up on top of her head. I would definitely include her as part of the on ice entertainment if possible, even if you have to lay a big mat or court down or something because I don't think unicycles work too well on ice. I would also have some form of people racing across the ice in padded suits or something to see who wins as people running on ice is always funny but of course we would want to mitigate any lawsuits or damages with protective gear. Those would be my ideas, and maybe a concert or something too because music is great always!

Code:

Barracuda

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020, 03:44 PM by CementHands.)

Code:

My top teams from the east in order are:
New England - They ran into a very hot Steelhawks team, with a stellar goalie. They addressed goaltending already with a rather large bump, and the offseason will be friendly to their team regrssion wise. Wagstrom is going to lead the way again with goals next season.
Hamilton - They are still a good team, and will play second fiddle to NEW for the East again. Will that matter in playoffs or will there be another upset is yet to be determined?
Manhatten - The rage improve with a lot of their core players not yet in regression. They don't come close to missing the playoffs this time, and they play a solid full season.
Buffalo - Oh what's this, a brand new 1st line C? (sorry Hippo and Scarn). A big acquisition in the offseason paves the road to playoffs. (and maybe not done yet?)

From the West:
NOLA - Yes, they brush off the offseason woes and decimate the West next season
LA - They drop out of first, but still finish a commanding season locked in for a playoff run
Calgary - Solid all around, they wont have any trouble finding the playoffs again.
Edmonton - Squeak into the last spot for playoffs over the Pride. It comes down to goaltending and the Pride are still a season away from their next franchise starter in Kavanagh.

(238 Words, 3 TPE)

Code:

Alright, I imagine this would be sold in the Hamilton arena concessions, but the geniuses in the marketing department have been running public interest trials and have developed the "Hawk Dog". It is a hotdog like sandwich. Crispy chicken shaped in a wiener is the "Hawk", and it's surrounded by a delicious pretzel bun. Sizes are 4" AKA the Johnson, 6" AKA the Murphy, or 12" AKA the Miller.
Pricing still would need to be finalized, but $4, $6, and $10 respectively seems to be the mark people are circling in on, $1 per inch, and a little discount for the Miller.
An excellent pairing would be to get this in a combo with the Boozeard - a 20oz lager with a lid and a straw, the combos start at $8.99, $9.99, and $12.99, really a deal for arena foods any day of the week. The idea is to get everyone enjoying these, and the lovely residents of Hamilton can show their slightly buzzed pride during the game.

[168 Words, 3 TPE)

Code:
A) Lagerfield is the best player in the finals. He put up an absolutely stunning point total during the regular season (besting Wagstrom I believe?) and he can really drive play. He puts up points from wherever you slot him and is always dangerous, perhaps even to the point of putting a shadow on him all series to try to neutralize his threat? [62 words]
B) Well purely physical I'd give the advantage to Hamilton. Edmonton has speed and that's good and all for moving quickly, but offensively if Hamilton can bully them to the outside and contain play that neutralizes the speed. Defensively unless Edmonton plans on doubling up on some players, I don't see the speed being a favorable factor, because Hamilton can maintain possession and strong arm their way to the net. [69 words, nice]
C)
G - In net we take the best goaltender, which is a pretty easy selection for Geezus Kryyst, with almost double the TPE as the 2 Edmonton keepers.
D - Defense is hard for me, usually the high points aren't great for hits and blocks, so I just go the top 2 TPE and hope it works out. Tig Murphy and Brady McIntyre
F - Tony Pepperoni, Julio Tokolosh, Flacko Lagerfield. I'm happy to get the best Center with Pepperoni, and adding the regular season points leader in Lagerfield is nothing to scoff at. Tokolosh has the ability to be a big earner. [103 Words]
D) Yes, I like snow. I like it because it presents a different season. It is synonymous with colder temperatures which allow for ice, which allows for hockey. It also allows for winter sports like skiing or snowboarding, and both are very nice winter hobbies, they get you outside, and having something to look forward to that's locked to a season helps make it something to look forward to. [68 words]

(4 TPE)

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

Pickles (3 TPE)

One (1) welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
PBE Claim
(3 TPE)

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 06:41 PM by XLeafer.)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
This is pretty easy to be honest. The one that is going be a top team is which ever team has Austin Roenick. Because Austin Roenick is a winner like no one else. His owner is also a winner and no one has ever won as much as he won. Anyways, with redistribution, obviously roenick is going to still be a pure goal scorer and try to replicate what Wagstrom did last season by having a crazy amount goals last season and Roenick is just gonna try to do that but maybe in a better way I guess and end it with a championship as well. Anyways, the top teams are the ones with the best roster and I only know the Rage roster. Hamilton will get worse with some losses and Rage will get better with better additions and improvements from all of their players. Edmonton is on the rise as well and same with NEW so watch out for those teams as well.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE
So I am not going to lie, I do not know jack shit about the IIHF as I do not pay much attention unless I win a medal and I have not which is why I do not pay much attention to IIHF. But I do not the predictions of what might happen. So USA and Canada will be at the top of the standings for a fact because those two teams are not only very popular but also a stacked roster and with FHM, a stacked roster means a dominant tournament. Then comes Czechia, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Finland and Russia and god knows the order for those teams and I want Ireland to come at the top for that to happen. Japan will come last and Switzerland along with Latvia will be close to that last place and yeah that is pretty much that. Who will win gold? Either USA or Canada but I hope it is Ireland.

Code:
13. Written, 4 TPE
a. Tony Pepperoni was the best player because he had the most points. Whoever had the most points is instantly the most contributing player and of course, when you are the most contributing player, you are the best player in the series. And that is my choice and no one can mess with it. Flako and Phelps were there but not better than Pepperoni.

b. Speed can always get away with and run away from but you can not escape strength and balance. Mainly because grit is a huge part of a team's success in the playoffs due to durability and power and so, hamilton had the edge with having strength and balance where speed and acceleration are good for scoring chances but not for defense.

c.
G - Geezus Kryyst, best goalie in the league
D - Gabriel Johnson, one of the best offensive dman in the league, how can you pass that
D - Tig Murphy, You need a puck moving dman and a smart defender.
F - Tony Pepperoni, one of the most dangerous player in the league and of course you need that type of player.
F - Flacko Lagerfield, smartest player in the league and incredible puck skills
F - Austin Roenick, I wanna play with these guys and plus Roenick can score goals.

d. fuck snow, in fact. fuck winter. you know how much i hate the cold and there is one reason why. sickness. you can easily can sick during the winter which is the main reason i hate it so much. Snow is fine for little kids to play in but for me, holy shit melt it all and bring in the bright hot sunshine.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, done
Verification word: glg

PBE PT - 3 TPE

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 04:19 PM by Sean.)

16. Sent. Word: Pepperoni

PBE Affiliation (Username is Sean over there)

Code:

a) I'm going to have to go across the board and give the best player of the series award to Robert Phelps. He may not be at the top of his game anymore but Phelps has had an amazing career and if we're looking at the best player overall throughout their career there's little arguing that Phelps is the best player in the series.

b) I think Edmonton was able to surprise Hamilton with their speed, a lot of people had Edmonton completely out of this series but in the end Hamilton's strength and balance gave the the edge. That's not to say that Hamilton was the grittier team, Edmonton played extremely tough blocking a ton of shots Hamilton put on net.

c) F - Tony Pepperoni, F - Robert Phelps, F - Julio Tokolosh, D - Brady McIntyre, D - FR Finn Rhyss, G - Emiko Spector. I like this group because Phelps and Pepperoni can do a good job generating offense while Tokolosh is a defensive stalwart. On D we have the best defensive D in the league with McIntyre followed up by the best up and coming offensive defenseman. Finally Spector is the goalie of the future who will do big things!

d) Of course I like snow, people give snow a bad rap but if it's going to precipitate than it's better snow than rain. At least you can go out in the snow without getting soaked and you can play the best sports when it's snowing. The only thing that sucks is shoveling but it's the 21st century, get a snow blower!

Code:

Edmonton will be serving cut off the Kryst (crust) Pepperoni pizza. There will be Pepperoni pizzas served (as usual) throughout the Edmonton arena but there will be a special promotion for crustless pizza because crust kind of sounds like Kryst who is the starting goaltender for Hamilton and there's no chance we're gonna let him get close to Pepperoni! There will be posters around the arena of Pepperoni pizzas where the pepperonis have been photo shopped so they look like Tony Pepperoni's head and then the crust will turn into Kryst's pads and there will be a pair of scissors cutting the crust off the pizza. Also there will be staged moments were the Edmonton mascot knocks crusty pizza out of Hamilton Steelhawk fans hands. The marketing team wasn't all that thrilled with the idea when I pitched it to them because Kryst isn't really all that similar to crust but what are they going to do about it? Tell Tony Pepperoni no?

Code:

I think I'd like to see another defensive forward award added. In STHS there were only faceoffs and hits to keep track of for defensive awards and now there's a whole lot more that we can use. I'd specifically like to see the Dar become the "power forward" award as that's how it's always seemed to be awarded in the past. I'd like to see it go to players who can contribute offensively but do a lot of hitting and intimidation. I'd then like to see a trophy similar to the Selke brought in so we can have a player who is good on the PK, has good faceoffs, has great defensive game ratings and other advanced defensive statistic supporting them be awarded a trophy. There's definitely enough stats now to justify expanding the award. It would be cool to reward people for building quality defensive players so everyone doesn't feel the need to build 60 point scorers to feel appreciated.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points