Create Account

S53 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 11:59 PM by awils13.)

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I think Samuel Michaud will win both the Stevens and the Bojo awards in the future. He's one of the top players in his draft class and he's still a few seasons away from his peak, but he was already able to make Gabriel Johnson look like a decent SHL defenseman this season. Don't tell Gabe this but I think we all realize that his player is really bad, and anyone who can have good stats despite being paired with such a terrible defenseman is automatically one of the top player in the league. Unfortunately for Michaud, he'll have to keep carrying Gabe for seasons to come, but at least he'll win some awards for it.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

I think historically the Jeff Dar award has been awarded to the best power forward in the league which makes sense because STHS didn't really have enough stats to evaluate how efficient a player was defensively, and even advanced stats didn't always work they way you'd expect them to. However, I think FHM makes it possible to be good offensively but bad defensively, or good defensively without contributing much to the offense, and it's also possible to be reasonably good at both. FHM also has new stats like takeaways/giveaways, etc. So in my opinion it would be a good idea to continue awarding the Dar to the best power forward in the league and to create a new award for the best two way player. I'm not sure who the award should be named after but I think it should be one of the retired players from the past and not a current player. Max Mauldin would probably win this award this season because he had a great TA/GA ratio and good stats overall, including the advanced stats.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

Well, I haven't looked at the rosters but USA and Canada are probably the favorites to win the tournament just because it seems like they have a lot of high tpe players. But I find it difficult to believe that Canada can win gold given the history :kekw: Maybe we will after Gabe leaves, that wouldn't surprise me at all. I imagine Czechia should be pretty good because (I think) they got a lot of S43 players who are at the peak of their careers now, I don't know how much depth they have though, if it's just a few 1.8k+ tpe players but the 3rd line/pairing aren't good, that might be an issue potentially but I think they're a strong bet to make the semifinals at least. Not sure who would be the 4th team, probably Austria or Germany. If I had to bet I'd say USA beats Czechia in the gold medal game, and Canada wins bronze.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

a. There are certainly a lot of good candidates but as someone who assisted on a lot of his goals, I have to go with Flacko Lagerfield here. He had an amazing regular season, won the points title and he's definitely one of the top players in the league. He also won MVP in the past so he seems like a good pick here.
b. I think physical skills mostly depend on the tactics and sliders the team is using. Skating attributes like speed and acceleration work better with some tactics while balance and strength work well with other tactics, but they should probably cancel each other out, and, as I'm writing this after game 4, this has been a pretty even series so far.
c.
F - Flacko Lagerfield. No brainer as he was on my actual fantasy roster this season and helped me win my group.
F - Robert Phelps. He's basically Jagr at this point but he can still score.
F - Sophia Bennett. Another S35 player who had a very underrated season as she carried our depth scoring.
D - Tig Murphy. I know Tig hates his player and can't wait to retire him but he's pretty good.
D - Gabriel Johnson. Scores a lot of PP points which is pretty much the only thing he can do well, but that'll work in fantasy I guess.
G - Geezus Kryyst. Has been one of the top goalies for a while.

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

The game awarded playoff MVP to Jax Duggan and he did score a huge goal in game 5 of the finals while playing very well in the playoffs overall, but I think my vote for playoff MVP has to go to Geezus Kryyst. He came up huge for us in cup clinching games 5 and 6 against Edmonton, as game 5 was a 1-0 win and game 6 was a 3-1 win. Let's also take a look at his playoff stats, he has a 12-3-0 record, 1.71 GAA, 941 sv%, 2 shutouts and 82 GR. This was truly a team victory and there are multiple people who deserve the award, but I think Kryyst should win it.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

wilson

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 08:10 AM by Ferda.)

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

Team Canada is destined for doom as Gone Wild “Gabriel” Johnson @Gwdjohnson manages his final season as Head of the Federation for Canada. After experiencing overwhelming failure ever since he took over as the fed head, Johnson’s resignation comes as a sigh of relief as this will be the final season where Canadians will need to keep the television turned off for when their nation embarrasses itself on the international level. Even with the additions of superstar defencemen Augustus Wang and Adam Barron, along with Cameron Carter II’s acolyte, Ryan Shepherd, Team Canada continues to ride a sinking ship with Gone Wild as its Captain. Any prior optimism from the Canadian players is long gone as their trust in management has dwindled following Gone Wild’s promotion to General Manager of the Hamilton Steelhawks because none of the players are interested in being associated with a well-known cheater in the SHL. Not only that but Gone Wild has a reputation for being overly discriminatory in his comments towards other players and members of the hockey community. Gone Wild’s damning history has and will continue to create a dark cloud of drama that follows Team Canada going into the IIHF tournament as his leadership is more than questionable to the point of disgust.

3/16

Quote:7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

5/16

[Image: Y25ZCaV.jpg]

Quote:9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

8/16

[Image: dPfkp8F.jpg]

Quote:10. Graphic, 3 TPE
With the shift to a new era of SHL, HO has decided to redesign the championship trophy. Create a graphic of a new trophy to be handed to the winners of the S53 title.

11/16

[Image: Vt5zxIw.png]

Quote:11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

14/16

[Image: JO4VmqI.png]

Quote:16.) CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

bajacumblast

17/16

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 11:45 PM by DollarAndADream.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?
In this alternate reality, the S53 playoffs went very differently. The Calgary Dragons did not lose to San Francisco in 6 games in Round 2, in fact....they won the series in 7. In these current playoffs, Calgary was up 2-1 in the series, but San Fran won the next 3 games in a row to win in 6. Not only did Calgary beat them in this other universe, every goal scored in that round by the Dragons was from Mikael Choybuk. Mikael had 21 goals against San Francisco, as his shots were all going past goaltender Chris Partridge with ease. It's hard to say what happened to Choybuk in this season, but he was just on fire. The Dragons then won the next round, and proceeded onto the finals against the Manhattan Rage, who in our current reality won the cup. In this alternate reality however, Calgary swept the Rage in 4 games, while Choybuk and Parmborg combined for 10 goals in those 4 games. It was a big playoffs for Choybuk, for sure.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?
After redistribution for S54, I actually do not necessarily think the top teams will change too much. I think New England will be up there, as well as the Edmonton Blizzard, Calgary Dragons, and yet again, the Manhattan Rage. The Rage will need to defend their recent cup, after all. Teams will a high TPE squad will now get control over a more realized FHM system, and be able to implement the attributes they want from what they discovered throughout S53's sim. It will definitely be interesting to see what teams adapted in what way of course, but I think because of some teams and their good amount of TPE, they will just stick up top by that reason itself. It's not totally difficult to figure out the best ways to upgrade your player once you have a mindset of your archetype, so with just a few adjustments, things will mainly stay the same. It remains to be seen which players will completely change because they didn't like their build, however. We could potentially see a lot of different players in the Top 10 scoring next season. However, obviously, some people who were just in the top 10 in S53 will keep their build the same to remain there, and because of that I think their teams will remain on top.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.
Well, everyone knows about the infamous loved food of the Calgary Dragons, right? In these finals, some Calgary Dragons still get the spotlight, despite not even having their team in the finals themselves. During the 2nd intermission, we would like to represent the Calgary Dragons Chicken Parm Cook Off! Some Calgary Dragons will bring their kitchens to the ice and duel it out to see who can make the most delicious chicken parms! Who will be there to judge the dishes? Well, none other than some legends from each team in the finals, and also some Calgary Dragons chicken parm legends, Esa Anrikannen and Michael Boychuk. Watch from home on TV or from the audience as your Manhattan Rage and San Francisco Pride legends try some chicken parm dishes alongside Calgary legends, while current Calgary Dragons players like Mike Izzy and Esa Parmborg, Mikael Choybuk, and Kata Vilde make their favourite parmesan plate. We will draw a number from the audience who will come down and help out one of our Dragons chefs.

Code:
7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).
Last time Mikael Choybuk was in LA, he actually did get noticed by Hollywood. The TV executives took notice that he was one of the best snipers in the SHL, and they used their influence to get him onto a film set in the CW superhero universe. Those shows film in Vancouver, so he have a brief stay over there to be the next Red Arrow. They even let him throw a little dragon on his costume to show that Calgary Dragons flair. Obviously, the CW Arrow team and Mikael Choybuk saw that there was a nice crossover between being a sniper in the SHL and being a sharpshooting sniper with a bow and arrow.

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
If I had to choose an MVP for the series, I would have to pick the Manhattan Rage goaltender, Peter Larson. He had 2 goals or less scored against him in 5 of the 6 games in the finals. Let me put it simply: Peter Larson was a stud in net. This guy saved 194 out of 206 shots, which is good for a 94.2% save percentage. You just can't ask for anything more than that out of a goalie in the playoffs, especially in the finals. To be put on the world's stage against the San Francisco Pride and boast a 0.942 save percentage is amazing. He is definitely my vote for MVP.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
boobs

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Task 1 – 170 Words

Similar to what I wrote last time, I think, the change to FHM never happened.  All of a sudden, Texas is a viable contender.  We barely scrape by in the playoffs before sacrificing a small child to the Simon.  In return, he helps us go on the run of our lifetime and Texas would be the S53 Challenge Cup Champions.  Simon is so inspired by this run that we went on that he fixes his shitty engine and eliminates the passing exploit.  His was moved to tears at our celebration speech.  All FHM talk ceases to exist.  This reaches a local media outlet in Missouri and the story goes viral.  Many SHL players become real life stars and SHL becomes a sort of “spectator e-sport.”  Texas starts a twitch stream that does record numbers and we all get awarded shares in Amazon.  We demand that the employees be given adequate break time and raise their wages 100%.  What could have been if we just stayed with STHS one more season.

Task 2 – 152 Words

I honestly don’t anticipate too much change at the top but maybe one of the lower teams can improve.  Unless there is a loss of talent with the really good teams, redistributions will only make them better unless they totally screw up their builds, but I doubt that happens.  Similar to Formula 1, until there are some drastic changes, the midfield battle will be more exciting to follow than who will actually win the Challenge Cup, which will probably be exchanged between the top two or three teams for the foreseeable future.  The good teams are too good and the bad teams are too bad.  Your finals will look fairly similar next season even after redistribution.  Unless one of the bad teams totally screwed up their builds and are sitting on a boatload of TPE, I wouldn’t anticipate any significant changes next season.  But I’m still glad we get a free redistribution.

Task 3 – 105 Words

It has to be Connor Tanner.  He’s still super young and already impressing.  He will continue to improve for a long time before regression and Edmonton is one of the better rostered and managed teams in the league.  I’d be more surprised if he didn’t start a trophy collection in the next few seasons.  Being on a good team helps but the cream rises to the top no matter how you spin it.  His output hasn’t reached the top levels yet so barring some drastic collapse of Edmonton, which is not likely, his future is very bright.  I’ve been wrong before but this is obvious.

Task 4 – 154 Words

I want to see some kind of “Clutch Player of the Week” award.  I wouldn’t name it until we have an inaugural player.  Momentum and fatigue seems to be a thing?  I’m not 100% on that.  But I want to see who the most important player of the week was.  Who put the team on his back and led the charge to victory?  It could be for a game winning goal or a shutdown goalie or defenseman.  Players seem to have a bigger impact and their overall grades reflect that.  I might just be talking out of my ass as I have never even toyed with the sim but I’ll never tell.  I think some weekly award with an actual reward would be cool, even if it’s just a few thousand dollars.  I definitely see some new rewards coming out of this though which is a plus, it’s always good to shake things up.

Task 5 – 150 Words

The IIHF will be interesting this season to say the least.  I think the historically bad teams will still be bad and the historically good teams will still be good.  The interesting part will be in the middle to see who will sneak into the medal rounds.  As for my team, I can see Finland sneaking in if we get lucky.  I think it’s a great format as some groups have been a bit top-heavy in the past that has kept them out of contention when they would do better if they were in a different group.  I think it’s a great idea and wouldn’t mind seeing the SHL try it for a season similar to the Premier League in England.  It will get interesting and I’m definitely looking forward to it.  But the strongest rosters who have more depth usually do better at these national tournaments so I’d expect the winners to be one of the usual suspects.

Task 6 – 188 Words

Intermission during Game 4 will be a dramatic retelling of the boomer debate but it will be an opera.  It will start with someone singing about how we shouldn’t use the word before the defenders come in and say it’s not a big deal.  Then there are two sides just screaming in that opera voice at each other until the music reaches its peak.  Then, someone skates onto the ice and assigns everyone to a team and gives them their line assignments.  There is some debate over this but everyone agrees and forgets what they were fighting about until someone says ‘boomer’ again and the two sides start screaming.  Then, another skater comes on and starts listing off delicious recipes that all the players should try at home.  Then a third skater comes on to talk about coping skills.  Some of the original people who were angry just shake and go home and agree to disagree.  Someone spouts a racial slur and then a figure of authority announces a suspension followed by more singing.  The whole thing goes on too long and everyone forgot why it all started.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 09:20 PM by mastersheep.)

Code:

With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite
wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who
would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

In the east, I like both Buffalo and New England as the top teams in S54.  Buffalo doesn’t have too many players fighting regression yet, they just made a trade to pick up Matt Kholin, and Elizabeth Doyle will make her debut in net next season.  New England just acquired Benjamin Blue as well and while Wagstrom and Kirkby are now both regressing, they are still going to be near the top in TPE while others are still climbing.

In the west, I think New Orleans and Calgary will be the top teams.  Calgary’s defense has a couple of years before regression and most of the forwards are still quite young so they should be up near the top again next season.  New Orleans is almost a mirror image of Calgary in this respect and I think they both do well next season.

A dark horse that I think will disrupt things is a bit of a homer pick: the Baltimore Platoon.  They are supposed to be transitioning, but this team won a great deal of games down the stretch after acquiring Geoff Moore from Minnesota and will be debuting forwards Indigo Trevino and Henrik Lundqvist Jr, who are ready to make the jump now.

Code:

Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win
a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and
what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and
take home the hardware?

I have to pick Gabriel Johnson of the Hamilton Steelhawks for this as the best defenseman.  As the current S48 class leader in TPE and now co-GM of the Steelhawks, he is clearly the prime candidate to receive some major accolades soon.  He already has terrific offensive skills and with a few more seasons, will be much more of a well-rounded defender.  Because of that, I believe he will win the Scott Stevens Trophy for the best defenseman in the league in a few seasons as he approaches his peak and could also win the Lance Uppercut Trophy as part of the best GM duo if the Steelhawks continue draft well and continue their winning ways.

Code:

With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new
awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What
kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after?
Who would've won the award this season?

With the addition of advanced statistics, I think an award for the player who is considered the luckiest player in the league should be given. Giving this to the player with the highest PDO for the season is a bit boring though and instead a player with a very high PDO and perhaps a low Corsi or even a low Corsi relative to the rest of his club would be a great candidate for this.

A player to award it to would be Rintarou Okabe of the Buffalo Stampede and as the first recipient, I would also consider naming the award after him. Okabe had 16 points this season, but much of that appears to be luck as the team faced more shots while he was on the ice than anyone on the team except Aron Hernadivic and also had the fewest shots on net than anyone else. It seemed that the netminders would step up while he was on the ice and therefore a lot of what occurred may be considered luck.

Code:

Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting
mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14
teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament.
What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do
you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think
your team will fare?

Unfortunately, I’m going to pick the boring answer here and say that the popular and high TPE teams like the USA and Canada will do very well at this even compared to before.  With the randomness of STHS gone, the big hockey powers are likely going to squash the other teams.  However, it may really come down to tactics and FHM can sometimes favor the smaller club with the better tactics and with one game per round anything could happen.

I believe that the USA this season has a very good shot at winning this season and will look to build off of their bronze medal finish last season.  Rosters aren’t finalized yet, but likely back are a terrific top line in Lil Manius, Cameron Carter II, and Nicholas Williams, with top pairing Otis B. Driftwood and Slip McScruff leading the way.  Goalie Aleister Cain who may win an award for best goaltender of the year will be in net and is the highest TPE goalie in the league and could steal a game or two.

Code:
Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write
about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to
qualify.

a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates:
Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your
choice for best player and why?

Tony Pepperoni is my candidate for best player in the finals.  He has the most points so far in the postseason racking up 3 goals and an incredible 12 assists in 11 games and is such a huge part of the Edmonton run.  FHM likes him too putting his game rating at a league best of 80 in the postseason.

Code:
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.

Tony Pepperoni, Flacko Lagerfield, Aaron Wilson, Tig Murphy, Karlstrabe Scholz, Geezus Kryyst

With this lineup I get the better of the two goalies by almost all measures and the stats back this up.  Murphy and Scholz complement each other very well.  Murphy has great balance, strength, and passing, while Scholz has an elite shot and can skate like the wind.  My forward group is just an incredible mix of talent.  Pepperoni can just about do it all and be the playmaker of the group.  Lagerfield would be the sniper and Wilson would be the one bullying his way to the net.

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

thesheep

Total TPE: 16/16

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

i did number 16 and my word is

hotdog

[Image: Hot-Dogs_8-to-1_470x500.jpg?width=&height=810]

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 03:35 PM by CanadianDuck.)

Task 1: (3 TPE) In a reality far far away, the S53 Finals saw the Calgary Dragons defeat the Manhattan Rage in 6 games to win the first Championship of the FHM era. Calgary winning added even more legitimacy to the claim of being the most historic and legendary franchise in SHL history. The series saw Nicky Pedersen Jr. dominate with 16 points (9 goals and 7 assists) against the Rage. Barret McCarthy and Luke Thomason played their hearts out, but it just wan't enough to overtake the unstoppable machine of the Dragons attack. Calgary defeated Edmonton in a tough 7 game series and New Orleans in 6 games to get to the finals. Manhattan would get by New England in a 4 game sweep and Hamilton in 6 games. Both goalies both played extremely well and stole more than a few games for their teams. The series was a close hard hitting affair which both teams will remember for a long time.

Task 2: (3 TPE) With next season giving teams the chance to redistribute there TPE, we could see teams completely change their strategies leading to some teams rising and others crashing and burning. I expect most of the top teams will continue to stay strong and some of the bottom feeders trying to rise from the depths. Teams like New England and Hamilton should stay among the top contenders, and the Toronto North Stars will stay in the deep south of the league standings. If I had to choose which team this will help the most, I believe that New Orleans will take advantage the most. I know they can take advantage better than anyone. As for my team, the Prides biggest weakness this season was the goaltending. Season 54 will see our goalies take a step forward and with our Forwards and Defenseman staying strong, I do believe the Pride can make it back to the postseason once again.

Task 3: (2 TPE) If I had to pick one player from either team to win a future award, I would have to choose Daniel Bischoff of the Edmonton Blizzard to a trophy or two. I see alot of amazing potential in the young Center. He has had a nice start to his career so far and seems to have big things in his future if he stays focused and continues on the way he has so far. His current abilities suggest to me big things in his future.The real question is if it will be with the Blizzard or another team when he finally does win the hardware.

Task 5: (3 TPE) The IIHF is just around the corner, and with it being the first in the FHM era, who knows how things will play out. Will Ireland rule the tournament, can Russia take the gold, does Sweden celebrate championship glory,or will the USA wear the crown? If I had to choose a team I expect to win it all, I'll go with the biased answer and say Canada finally wins gold. Since I joined the SHL, Canada hasn't won a tournament from what I can remember. I think they have the players in place to win in the future, but I don't see what is stopping them from claiming victory this season. I do believe the USA and Ireland are both contenders and will do well against the competition in this tournament and will likely both finish with medals at the conclusion of it. Most of the teams have legit chances at glory, but who will make it a reality?

Task 13: (2 TPE)
A. I think the best player in this championship series is hands down Tony Pepperoni. He has arguably the best skillset out of both teams rosters and can take over a game better than almost anyone in the entire SHL. He may even have the best name in the SHL, but that is just my opinion.

B. Speed vs Strength is one of the longest running debates in almost any contact sport. I think that as long as you can avoid contact with a stronger opponent you will do very well, but once you get hit once, you are going to have a tough time avoiding further damage.In this matchup, I think I will side with the strength of Hamilton.

Task 16: (3 TPE) Finals

Total: 16/16
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 02:32 PM by Zombiewolf.)

1. +3

The current reality outcome is honestly quite lame so I would love to take it back and change it all completely. In round one Hamilton does not sweep Buffalo and it becomes a closer series with Buffalo winning in game seven triple overtime. And on the west, something interesting happens. Nobody figures out that New Orleans has been cheating and they continue to cheat and actually sweep the Panthers. Everything else stays relatively the same. Edmonton beats the Dragons and the Wolfpack beat the Rage. In the Conference finals we have NOLA up against Edmonton and the Stampede up against the Wolfpack. Buffalo easily defeats the Wolfpack and they make it into the finals. New Orleans continues to cheat, and they actually end up making it into the finals. The finals are where things get interesting. New Orleans finds a new way to cheat, somehow, and they crank up their cheating to a 10 and win the Challenge Cup in six. A few days after they win WBF figures out they were cheating. This causes the whole league to spiral into chaos and the SHL ends up having to fold. It would have been an exciting reality.

6. +3

During game three of the challenge cup finals between Edmonton and Hamilton  there was a crazy intermission program. This game occurred in Edmonton. Edmonton was trying to hype up the crowd so they implemented a "Blizzard attack" between periods two and three where they hooked up a bunch of snow makers and aimed them at the crowd. I've never seen anything like this there must have been 100 snow makers just absolutely coating the whole crowd with fake snow. I do not think the Edmonton office understood exactly what they were doing because this just upset the whole crowd because they had just a bunch of fake snow on them. It got on the ice to so the clean up crew had to do a lot of work to get the ice ready for the two teams to finish up the game. Needless to say, they did not try that again in game four and I can't imagine they would ever try that again.

8. +3

The Hamilton Steelhawks are in desperate need to rejuvenate their stadium experience for their fans and one way they are doing it is through the concessions department. During the finals as a one time promotion to get fans hyped for their team they are adding "Hawk eggs" at concession stands. The Hawk Eggs are not actually eggs from hawks but they are a desert. They would be giant chocolate eggs filled with caramel, no hawks were harmed in the making of "Hawk Eggs". The Hamilton Steelhawks want this to be a high quality product for their fans so these are not hollow at all. They would be rapped in a tinfoil with the Hamilton Steelhawks logo on them. They should be a little pricy because of how giant they are so I would say about eight to ten dollars at the minimum. The Steelhawks are very excited about this promotion and they hope their fans are to!

13. +4

a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?

I think the Hamilton Steelhawks has the edge in physical skills over the Edmonton Blizzard. While speed and acceleration are certainly important without strength it really does not matter. With strength they are not going to give up the puck easily which means less turnovers. This allows Hamilton to play a better balanced game.

I think Lagerfield is the best player in the CC finals he is just too good. He had 71 points in the regular season which was miles ahead of any other player in the league. His regular season success has translated into playoff success to. Lagerfield is just a very good player.

b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?

My ideal fantasy team based on players from this series would include goalie Geezus Kryyst of the Hamilton Steelhawks because he had impressive regular season stats with a 2.11 GAA 1009 saves and 5 shutouts. He would be an ideal goalie. My forward crew would include Flack Lagerfield and Robert Phelps of Hamilton and Tony Peperoni of Edmonton. They all had very good stats and were all above PPG. My defenders would be Gabriel Johnson from Hamilton and Scholz from Edmonton.

d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

I absolutely love snow. A fresh coat of snow in the mornings looks absolutely majestic. I also really love to go skiing and you cannot do that if there is no snow. Snow also reminds me of my childhood where my friends and I would have snowball fights. So yeah, I really like snow.

16. Trivia +3

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 05:25 PM by SDCore.)

PBE PT Claim +3

Code:
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

Honestly, with free redistribution I think you aren't going to see many teams move to many slots. I think Buffalo and Hamilton will still reign supreme in the East and Edmonton and Los Angeles will reign supreme in the West. The biggest movement and shake ups will happen in the middle of the divisions. You will see teams get more "well-rounded" so Chicago could make a leap, the same with New Orleans. This will help these teams the most. It will be interesting to see what a team like Manhattan or San Francisco do as well. San Francisco was very close to the playoffs, so they could very well switch a few players and make a strong push against New Orleans. Manhattan vs Chicago, looks to be the newest rivalry as they are going to fight it out for the last playoff spot again I have a feeling next season. Hamilton, Buffalo, and New England look to be locks to me again.

Code:
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

On ice during the intermissions the Simulation Hockey League presents... Dancing with the stars, but these are not your ordinary stars no, these are your stars of the Simulation Hockey League. In the middle of the period, your favorite Simulation Hockey League stars are going to come out on the ice and instead of hockey, they are going to figure skate. Competing today, we will have from the Calgary Dragons... Mike Izzzzzzyy. From the Buffalo Stampede, the one, the only, Pooooopity Sccoooop. From the New England Wolfpack, the otter himself... Ekko Van Otter. Finally, representing the Minnesota Chiefs, COLLLLLINNN GIBBBLESS!!! So now that the entrants are introduced, we will talk about what they need to accomplish. All skaters will go through challenges to see who can perform the best. They will be skating in pairs and will have the ability to do a full dance routine. They can choose how fancy, technical, or dance it will be. They are required to be in figure skating outfits.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

Tony Pepperoni is the best player in my opinion in the challenge cup finals. He has been a top player in the league for a long time and this has continued this season. He is able to pass as well as he can score. He has been the best player on Edmonton for a long time and their success is largely because of him.

Balance and Strength are the far superior physical attribute. They allow you to stay on the puck, remove the puck from players, and also help with your positioning. They might be the two best attributes in the league, which is a crazy difference from how the league was structured before. Physicals are so important now.

Flacko Lagerfield, Tony Pepperoni, Robert Phelps, Tig Murphy, Tor Tuck, EDM Goalie.

Flacko, Tony, and Roberts are the easy choices here. They are the best 3 fantasy players in the series. Tig Murphy is the best fantasy defensemen and then I went Tor Tuck and the Edmonton goalies, cause I think they are just a bit more reliable, but you could go either way.

I love the snow, mostly because I grew up with the snow, but then left it. So now whenever it snows where I am traveling I can expect it and it doesn't really ruin anything. It is nice to have the option of snow, but you don't have to live with it. So snow is a yes, if you don't HAVE to have it.

#16 - Trivia +3 - oranges

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 09:38 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Code:
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In the parallel universe of SHL184001 much played out the same as it did in this one. However in that one the playoffs went on without any shenanigans. LAP went on to the western finals with a 4-1 record and came into the series with a hot goalie and some momentum. This caused the pucks to have a couple of luckier bounces and we managed to edge Edmonton out in a 6 game series. LAP went on to meet Hamilton in the finals and after Jagger Fouquette somehow managed to injure my player Disisde Dayudie, which caused the team to rally even more. The loss of my player wasn't terrible because i had bad stat lines anyway, so it was a win-win for the team. LAP managed to win it in game 7 after a 4-0 deficit and we all partied in the Beverley Hills for days. Such a swell time.

Code:

If i'm being honest i think we'll see much of the same in the standings really. At least when it comes to the current rosters and teams. I dont know how teams are looking with upcoming prospects and such but Buffalo is looking really nasty team-wise and i'm thinking that they will probably edge out the two other top teams in NEW and HAM. Then again HAM has VERY dedicated test simmers so they'll probably work real hard to decipher them. But with their recent trades bringing in Kholin and Vanderberg they are looking straight up nasty. In the West i think LAP will be even better despite not really adding or losing anyone. Edmonton will probably be the biggest threat again. I think it all depends on whether or not Calgary finds someone who test sims for them, as i heard that was their biggest weakness this past season. If they do then they'll be dangerous as they always are.

Code:
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I'd think Emiko Spector is the one with the biggest potential to bring home some hardware for themselves in the Honcho and potentially the McBride. Maybe not only because of individual skill and hard work but because the Edmonton defensive core is just crazy. Any goalie that has that group of defensive talent in front of them is very lucky. It's kind of like how Brett Broadway had a crazy Edmonton D in front of him 20 seasons ago on the same team, He even stopped earning TPE because he really didn't need to because the D was so good. It's a real blessing for a goalie.

Code:

I'm a little confused by this task, according to the IIHF predictions there are still 2 groups. But it really doesn't matter what type of format it is, Japan will be a force. We are really growing into a strong team and i think people will have a hard time with us this season. The only position we're having a hard time with right now is goalie but we are getting a good defensive core that will help with that as best as we can. Our top 6 forwards combines for 8500 TPE and our top 4 defensemen sits at 4100 tpe combined and we're only getting better. We got a great group of guys and even if we don't have the most vocal LR we still have a good time whenever we talk, Be it about SHL, Anime or Manga, we got no bad vibes. Japan numba wan for real.

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to Hamilton, woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

We all know that i love me some good old goalie stats, and i'm not making an exception this CW either. Geezus Kryyst wasn't the most stellar in the regular season, but in the playoffs he showed what he's made off of once again. an astounding .955% in the series and shutouts too. In a tight series he was outstanding and showed us all that he can single handedly pull off miracles, and this wasn't the first playoffs he's been an absolute madman. He also just barely entered regression so i expect us to see even more stellar play from this elite goaltender in the future.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE
Verification word: formx

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Code:

I don’t really think the redistribution will make much of a difference. There will probably be some small differences, but I think teams being more familiar with coaching strategies will be more important. We saw some teams figure it out a bit later than others, but eventually the standings looked more or less how people expected. The playoff and non-playoff teams have been pretty static for a while. I don’t see much changing. I think that New Orleans will be better, but again, more due to having a season of FHM experience under their belt. The only wildcard, to me, is San Francisco. They have a good enough roster to make the playoffs. Maybe they could be the team that will see improvements from changing up some builds. Their team is starting to age, so they need to get in gear and figure something out. I don’t think we’ll see much change in who makes the playoffs and who doesn’t, otherwise.

Code:

Flacko Lagerfield has a solid chance at some awards this season, and wouldn’t be a bad pick for the future. However, he should start to slow down at his age.I don’t know that he’ll be able to repeat that performance in the future. I think Emiko Spector could have a decent shot at some award winning seasons in the future. Edmonton has a system in place that really seems to work well for goaltenders. Spector was already one of the best goalies this season, and is still young with plenty of time to develop. I’d bet that with Edmonton’s defensive system, Spector will have a handful of McBride nominations, with a good shot at winning.

Code:

I think much like with the SHL, team roster strength will be the best indicator of how the team will do. Obviously teams like the USA and Canada are going to be quite strong. We could see those two teams dominate the group stage. I hope it isn’t too lopsided. That is no fun for anyone. I think the Czechs will also be good, as I know they’ve built a good group over time. I wish I was a little more familiar with the rest of the IIHF rosters, but I don’t really know who else will be strong. I’d really like to see the tournament come down to USA vs Canada in the final game. Like I said, I think they’re the two best teams, and I think it would be a fun game to watch. It’s also a bit selfish, because my player is American, although I don’t know if he’ll be on the roster this season or not.

Code:
12. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S53 season (on or off the ice)
- S53 playoff round-up
- S53 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- S54 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

S53 CW podcast 2 people, 8+ minutes.

Code:

I think the clear answer is Tony Pepperoni. He has been a monster for Edmonton. The thing that surprises me the most, is his shooting percentage isn’t even that good at 7.3% He could easily have 1 or 2 more goals added to his 20 points in 16 games. If Edmonton wins, he’s got to be the playoff MVP.

Code:

If this was real hockey, I think the answer is speed and acceleration. This is a video game, though. Simulating real hockey and winning in a video game are not the same at all. No other team has a roster like Hamilton, which is odd. I still go speed and acceleration though. It doesn’t make sense to me that a team so significantly disadvantaged in skating ability should be as good as they are.

Code:

Going just from playoff stats, I want Tony Pepperoni, Barrett Blackwood, and Hercules Rockefeller at forward. All three play well on both ends of the ice. Pepperoni obviously being the best offensively. On defense, I want Tor Tuck and Brady McIntyre. The two veteran mainstays on Edmonton’s blue line. Both are great in their own zone, and can provide some offense if needed. Lastly, Tommy Tuck at goalie. The decorated veteran in his final season is showing he still has some juice with a 0.951 save percentage splitting time with Spector.

Code:

In my experience, this question seems to come down to two things. Whether you’ve lived and extended period of time in a place where it snows a lot, and whether or not you like snow based activities. I have lived in places that snow heavily for most of life, and I don’t do anything that requires snow, like skiing or snowmobiling. I hate the snow. It is a pain in the ass. It makes driving a real chore. Snow removal sucks, even just a little. Snow can eat shit.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 03:55 PM by CFJ.)

Code:

Easy, I don't get why this question is kept every single CW if the answer is gonna be the same everytime.  The Hamilton Steelhawks getting booted out in the first round and getting the justice that members outside of the Steelhawk team would agree with in that they shouldn't been able to compete the season they won the Cup. And on the West side the New Orleans Spectors would get booted out of the first round just like in real life, be in a sweep considering the actions that their players decided to during that series with the Los Angeles Panthers in this universe. The Calgary Dragons would win a 7 game series with any other team in the Eastern side of the bracket, and that's how the alternate universe would go out. I'm pretty sure most people who are around the SHL who aren't in the respective teams that I mentioned earlier would agree with this or semi-agree with this as they feel their team should be winning the cup, which is fair to them as the other franchises are respectable and respected the hidden code of the sim.

Code:

That's a very interesting question actually. It does make the sim very interesting that the current contenders can become pretenders very quickly after these redistributions take place. However from the West I do see the same four teams that were competing for a spot in the Challenge Cup Finals in the Calgary Dragons, Edmonton Blizzard, New Orleans Spectors and the Los Angeles Panthers who have emerged in the pack in my eyes as they gave the Edmonton Blizzard a run for their money in the the Western Conference Finals and of course defeated the Spectors who have risen into success after expansion. But with the redistributions I can see the Los Angeles Panthers taking the next step along with the Calgary Dragons of course fighting for that spot in the final at the end of the day. In terms of the East the West Kendall Platoon as an rebuilding team can use the redistribution phase as a way to accelerate their rebuilding process and potentially enter the playoff picture as a wildcard team. As for the top I don't see it changing much like the West.

Code:
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

The Analytics Award, goes go out to the team or the league can set out for GMs only to eligible to win this award by having the best average of Advanced Stats that are new to use given in the FHM Sim Engine. Since in today's game in real life most teams rely on Data Science & Analytics to build the best team in order go for the championship whether it be at the highest level in the NHL with teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs using it to build a squad to finally get over the hump of the first round. Or at the Junior Level with a team like the London Knights and other CHL teams starting to use so it can resonate with the generation of talent coming today who are already knowledgeable about Sports Science specified in hockey. In terms on who I'd think win it that something for next season as we really get into thick of things with FHM hopefully, after the league stumbled into it. 

Code:

There are a lot of great nations in this tournament it's interesting to see all nations in one group as there could be a potential for a lot of upsets this time around. As for Germany, I think it's time for us to get another medal as our defensive core is finally set to chase for Gold, Silver or Bronze, but obviously Gold is top priority for Team Germany. It'll be tough with nations like Ireland, Finland, Canada (with their shady tactics in the past) , Austria, Finland, Sweden etc. everyone is a tough out in this tournament and now opponent should be taken seriously as with this being the first IIHF Tournament with the new engine of FHM and the potential exploiting from some teams, need to be all in and don't let up one bit during the tournament, even in round robin play as that is the time for teams to set a tone with other teams that they believe aren't on their level in the tournament and that's what Germany is looking forward to doing.

16. YE

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 03:26 PM by Baelor Swift.)

3 TPE for Affiliate PBE PT: http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=175654

Code:
In one of the games of the Season 53 Challenge Cup Finals we will have a great show in between the second and third periods where the fans in attendance will surely be entertained to the maximum! At this event we will have a presidential debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, two of the finest men we have in the world. We will hear them blabber stupidity about sexual assault being okay because nobody told them in the act they were bothered or something and they will also talk about their climate change plans, where Donald Trump will brazenly reveal his plans to invade Venezuela for oil and that Juan Guaido is just a puppet and Joe Biden will be like woah there Jack we need to act like Americans, and Americans don't quit! We are for the knocked down, beaten up left behind and we will frack for them to fight climate change to save our young boys and girls! Oh and Beau Biden.

Code:
7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)

Poopity Scoop will have a cameo in Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Keeping Up With the Kardashians is a show about the Kardashian family, a family that is very talented in life abilities in this world we live in called Earth and because Poopity Scoop is secretly Kanye West but nobody knows of course he will be on the show Keeping Up With the Kardashians because Kanye West in the husband of Kim Kardashian, social media superstar with many sister Kardashians and a brother also named Rob. In the show, Poopity Scoop will hang out with Kim and go to church with Kim where they will sing the church church songs like Closed on Sunday, I'm your Chik-Fil-A.

Code:

a. I will choose the best player as Tony pepperoni because he has been a strong player for some time and really knows how to score points for the squad and I believer he has a cup or two under that belt of his as well, which show he is a big game big type player who will mash and bash the Steelhawks.
b. Hamilton may have the advantage here because with the balance and strength advantage over the speed and acceleration attributes they will use that to knock their opponents to the ice floor many times more while the Blizzard won't be able to knock them down at all! This means less turnovers for Hamilton and more for Edmonton.
c. Ok so forward one we go Flacko Lagerfield he has many points. Forward two I got Robert Phelps he is great at two way forward activities. For forward three I select Tony Pepperoni because he is a great point scorer like Flacko Lagerfield. For defender one I go with Brady McIntyre because he just can do it all and for defender two I go with another guy who can do it all and a Stevens guy in Tig Murphy. And finally in net we go with Geezus Kryyst because he is a good goalie with great pads.
d. I really do like snow most of the time but it can just be hard when you need to shovel it out because it is hard work and you can get frostbite. But snow sets a very beautiful scene when you look outside and it is also fun to play in like you can do things like have snowball fight, make an igloo, go sledding, skiing, snowboarding, curling, snow angeling, you can do donuts in the car in the road and spin around like a top!

Code:
I vote for the one named Geezus Kryyst you know there is a reason I took this player in my All Finals Squad in the earlier task. Now why I pick Geezus Kryyst? Well, geezus Kryyst is the goalie for the Hamilton Steelhawks who won the Challenge Cup again so that has a lot to do with it! But it is not all! Geezus had a very great playoff experience this season, doing so well between the pipes. He got 2 shutouts and had a ridiculous .946 save percentage which means he was almost impossible to score on! Imagine scoring on someone like that! And I think a lot of people may want to choose Tony Pepperoni but let me just say he only had a lot of points because he played more games than the hamilton people.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE
hip (confirmation word)

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

PBE +3

Trivia verification word: noice

Code:

The idea I came up with is for one of the Edmonton home games. Since they are the Blizzard, we are going to need some sort of blizzard related intermission program. I believe that modern dance deserves an audience in the SHL, so I propose we have a group of dancers playing the role of snowflakes. Not these wussy snowflakes you normally see, some hardcore, wind-driven, gonna cause a car accident real deal blizzard snowflakes. We'll have some other people dressed up as steelhawks (which I assume is a real bird) and they are going to have a hard time with these hardcore blizzard snowflakes. We'll need a lot of fancy lighting and some really dramatic music to go along with this. I imagine this being similar in tone to Black Swan, so I'm not sure if the younger fans will be into it, but it will certainly provide a lot of mystery and intrigue, just like this series does. 

Code:
8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

Since I did an intermission show for Edmonton, I should probably help the Hamilton concession people, right? Let's do something else that gives a nod to the art community. We could get some artists to create some literal steel hawks. There are many talented artists who make sculptures out of metal who would jump at the chance to make some one of a kind Hamilton Steelhawks memorabilia. Each artist would put their unique spin on the bird so associated with Hamilton's beloved hockey team. Some might do a realistic interpretation of a hawk, while some other artists would have a more modern or avant garde take. Perhaps there'd be meaning to this beyond the animal. What could these sculptures say about society? This isn't just for any fan, it's for the true collector, the true connoisseur. Imagine how valuable these pieces of art will be after Hamilton wins another coveted championship! A quality investment for the most exquisite fans. 

Code:

a) I'd have to say Robert Phelps. He's proven to be an offensive powerhouse, getting goals at will and also proving to be a skilled passer. However, he's no slouch on defense either, and that kind of versatility is invaluable. A guy like that is a quality centerpiece to have on a championship team, so he'll be a big difference maker. 

b) This is kind of like the tortoise and the hare, I would say. Edmonton with their speed and acceleration would be a lot like the hare, coming on quickly and trying to overwhelm. However, in a playoff series you need to think about the long haul, so Hamilton, with their advantage in balance and strength, would be more like the tortoise. And in that fable it was was the slow and steady tortoise who ended up winning, so if this ends up being a long series, as these types of playoff matchups tend to be, I think Hamilton has the advantage.

c) 
F: Phelps: I said he was the best guy in the series, so obviously he's my first pick. 
F: Pepperoni: I want the best guy on Edmonton also, and this versatile player is the one.
F: Lagerfield: Sometimes you just need all offense. I picked guys who were a bit two way for my first couple of picks so now I can grab a guy who can score of the goals. 
D: Murphy: Probably one of the best pure defenders in this series. 
D: McIntyre: Another wicked good defender. We can go all defense if we went all offense with some of the forwards.
G: Geezus Kryyst: We want the best save percentage, right? Here we go. 

d) I'm okay with it in small quantities. It's a novelty if it happens once in awhile, and in real life I work as a meteorologist so it's fun to forecast. However, I'm not much for cold weather and if you get too much snow it makes it difficult to travel, so I get burnt out on it pretty quickly. I do prefer summer weather overall, though.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Code:

If there are infinite realities that would mean there are infinite possibilities, at least so long as those possibilities don't break any laws of physics, I presume. Like there's no universe where Edmonton wins the Challenge Cup AND we figure out how to travel at the speed of light. That would be rad though, minus the Edmonton winning, I guess. Anyway, any alternate reality worth imagining involves Toronto winning the Challenge Cup. Now, this would take an extreme set of circumstances so let's figure it out. Basically ml has gone completely off the deep end and taken JR95's entire family hostage. He has no financial demands. His only motivation is JR95 rigging the season so that Toronto wins. And, JR95, presumably liking his family members, would have no choice but to abide. But he also has to make it look legit or someone will know something is up and he'll get removed as simmer and jeopardize everything. So Toronto ekes into the playoffs as the last seed, which isn't entirely implausible to imagine people glossing over, given the switch to FHM. And then they win a bunch of seven games series against every playoff opponent en route to the most improbable championship ever.

Code:

If I had to guess, and guess I must, because I know absolutely nothing about the overall state of the league and its players, I would say that exactly the same teams that were good this season will be good next season, and that exactly the same teams who were bad will still be bad. Ultimately, that's probably how it should work. Everyone has more or less the same access to information in terms of what works now, so I don't think there's any competitive advantage for any team other than the one true pillar of sim leagues: TPE. The switch to FHM made the TPE gap between the haves and haves not feel wider than ever, and one would have to imagine that unless the update scale changes (it should), then nothing else will change, either. Will we see Hamilton and Edmonton square off in next season's cup? Probably not, just because probability. But I'd be surprised if either team had some kind of precipitous decline.

Code:

I guess I'm picking on Toronto for championship week this season, though I promise I do love them, especially jeffie. This post will probably be so buried he'll never see it, making it the perfect place to not talk shit about him for once. Anyway, the on-ice entertainment at the half will really get the fans interested, and I would expect it might be can't miss television. The perfect scenario is the Toronto North Stars square off against the Detroit Falcons for one period of action. Now, Detroit shellacked the SMJHL, and they're a great team for that level. But overall I'd expect relatively incompetent level of play relative to the pro teams. However, Toronto was as incompetent in their league as Detroit was good in their's, making this a matchup for the ages. It will probably physically hurt to watch, but we're all going to do it. Just to answer that age old question of whether [best SMJHL team] could beat [all-time bad level SHL team].

Code:

a. The best player in these Challenge Cup finals is none other than Robert Phelps, or whatever his player's first name is in this league. I know Teddy from NSFL now, and he is great. His rookie tight end was the top earner in his class and is absolutely crushing his first season in the pros so far. So I have no doubt that would transfer to SHL. Nobody can compete.
b. I love a balanced but bold flavored ham, so I would have to say HAM's balance and strength have the advantage here. Plus, EDM has to much speed and acceleration for me. That genre of music is honestly kind of annoying and it sounds like something that people with no concept of the future would think robots would listen to or something.
c. Well, if my only choices are F, F, F, D, D, and G, I would have to go with all six players. Quite frankly I don't know why this many people thought it would be funny or clever to name their player's a single character from the english alphabet, but to each their own. If I had my pick of the entire league, I would go with literally any other players. But I will simply justify these six choices by saying they are the only ones that I had.
d. Yes I like snow. I have always been a big fan of the winter holidays and nothing makes me feel more festive than snow. Mostly because it gives me a passable excuse to lock myself inside with coffee and a blanket and not leave the entire day while I binge watch stuff on Netflix. But if I have to be outside then snow can suck it.

Code:

verification word: hotdog

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]