Create Account

SHL 10 Year Anniversary - Bonus PT
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 05:08 PM by LarksTongue.)

My favourite memory during my SHL career has got to be when the Montreal Militia against all odds made it to the Four Star Cup finals. Way back before the great relocation of the once storied franchise, The Montreal Militia, there was one last hurrah by us in S47. The Militia had not won for a long time before and The Militia played fantastic during the regular season coming 2nd overall in the season. Our team was led by the Swedish junior superstar; Kristoffer Svensson who is sadly inactive now. Our core was rounded out by Marc Hagen, Myself, and James Truong. We also had a bunch of now inactive players who reached peak in their SMJHL careers around this time.

Everything sort of came together. Coming 2nd place gave us the first round bye but our path to the finals was not easy. We went down 2-0 against the Kelowna Knights in the 2nd round but rallied and won 4 straight to push to the 3rd round. We continued the streak winning the first 3 games against the Whalers (who would go on to win the next season) and eventually closing out that series in 6 games. Finally we came to face the first place team in the St Louis Scarecrows. It was a nail biting 7 game series where we won the first game, lost games 2 and 3, then won games 4 and 5. We in the end just couldn’t win that last game. We lost in overtime in game 6 3-2 and lost 3-2 in game 7 on a late game goal by the Scarecrows. One of the closest series I have ever played in. It was disappointing but very fun and everything a simulation league is about.

@CampinKiller , @gillon , @James Truong , @BarnabasCollins

My mentions aren't working sorry James :(

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

The best memory in the SHL came to me when Anaheim won the S47 Four Star Cup. We started as an expansion team and after only 3 seasons, we got to lift the cup before the most of us who were drafted in the first draft, the Outlaws participated in were called up to the SHL. There was a couple of us who knew the result of game 7 before the PBP took place. @Dangles13 and @SpartanGibbles because they were GM at the time and @SDCore and myself because we were in HO then. So we saw the "The Anaheim Outlaws are the Four Star Cup Champions" message live on stream and got to watch the rest of the team experience the win in the PBP.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020, 01:06 PM by Baelor Swift.)

My favorite memory in the SHL was winning my one and only Challenge Cup with the Minnesota Chiefs in Season 39. That cup represented so many seasons of sacrifice and effort to ultimately come up with and was won by a near-entirely homegrown team. I started off as Co-GM of the Chiefs in the early Season 30s, taking over as head GM in Season 33. My goal as a GM was to kind of put a re-set on things as the team had essentially been plundered of picks in a failed attempt to essentially pick up a quick Challenge Cup. So we had to start building again through the draft but also managed to keep three key players - Hall of Famers Alonzo Garbanzo, Robert Andersson, and Lord Pretty Flacko for the remainder of each of their careers. Unfortunately, Andersson retired before the cup win but Garbanzo and Flacko were on that team that won and even managed to do it with an old, returned star in Pedro Sarantez. The time leading up to that win and even after was extremely memorable - the team was an elite cup contender for a handful of seasons in a row, the goal of the team ultimately coming to fruition. Unfortunately, a change in management and the retirements of some former stars coincided with massive instability in the franchise with two former friends who had worked together to build the franchise up becoming entangled in a conflict that would become the franchise's undoing, resulting in a mass exodus that set into motion a series of poor decisions that saw the team become depleted of resources with little to show for it.

Edit: Am Zodak Pink in PBE

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

With the SHL being my first ever sim league, I didn’t quite know what to expect coming in. I was a little nervous throwing myself into a site with seemingly so many users where I had zero knowledge of what I was doing. Luckily, I was drafted by an absolutely insane Anaheim squad with a ton of experience. They helped me tremendously with my dedication to staying on top of my updates as well as teaching me about how things worked and the optimal way to accomplish the goals that I laid out for myself and my player. I probably wouldn’t have stuck around long if I came into a dead locker room and I’m so happy it worked out the way it did. In that first season, I played on the 4th line and we had talent throughout the lineup. We pushed all the way to the conference finals against the defending 4 star cup champions and had our backs up against the wall down 3-2. We won two straight to get us to the finals and found ourselves in the same situation, again down 3-2. The same result as the previous round, we hoisted the cup and celebrated our well-deserved win. This has already been mentioned a bunch of times on here and I don’t want to keep pinging the same people, but a serious shout out to them as they know who they are. Much love fellas <3

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

My SHL career  (both personal and player) has included many highs and a few personal lows. I created my account and current player almost 2 years ago, which only seems like yesterday to me. I had created my player at a point where I missed out on the SMJHL draft, and was allowed to sign with any team that wanted me. I was approached by a few different teams, but one stood out more the the others. After giving it some thought, the chance to sign and play for the team being managed by the person who helped me learn the ropes the most seemed like an absolute no brainer. @JKortesi81 @TML99 I got to share a locker room with some of the best people on the site. @SlashACM @Nictox Playing on a line with Williams, who turned out to be one of the best St. Louis Scarecrows ever (and a future Hall of Fame Scarecrow on lock) was an incredible honor. When the SHL draft came around, I was excited to go to whichever team wanted me the most. I didn't last long with Edmonton when a trade came out of nowhere and I landed with San Francisco. @Grapehead @DaftRaincloud I have enjoyed my time with the Pride so much that my dream of playing with Williams and Cain again in the SHL has faded. (but is still possible until one of us retires.) I have had 1 truly star making season where I almost lead the league in points until the final day of sims, and my team has my entire thanks for helping me make that happen. Representing Canada in the IIHF tournaments has been fun regardless of the little success we've had, but some great games happened. I have missed thanking many people and am sorry if I have forgotten you.

I hate to bring up personal things but back in late September when I lost my nephew at birth then lost my sister almost exactly 2 weeks later was the toughest thing I've ever had to deal with. I would like to believe this site helped me (even if just slightly) get through that terrible time.

I will probably never get to see my player be considered a legend for the Scarecrows or the Pride or see him be added to to any Hall of Fames because of the true stars I got to play beside who do deserve that honor. If anything, I can say I got to play with some of the best players the SHL will ever see, and that is enough for me if that's all my first player accomplishes. Thank you to all the team mates, GMs, and everyone who ever had conversations with me.

My favorite memory on my 9 years on this site has to be trading for my gud pal Gooney. Without Gooney we wouldn't have people like nour, teddy, wozy,Meg,Sleepy,waters,etc on our team. There are other people that have been on our team that i havent said that probably wouldn't be on Hamilton unless for Gooney. We had some good times with those S40 teams back in the day. and Like we wouldn't have waters either. Trading for Gooney was a real turning point for Hamilton in my mind. I feel like it was the first move that moved the dial for Hamilton for the future and to have us be able to win 2 cups in the last 3 seasons. We just had one of the best seasons in our teams history and I feel like Gooney has been one of the best friends on this site. I hope that his new player will stay active as I feel like the site will be great if he stays active as he is a great guy. There has probably been other memories that I can mention here but this is just the one that I knew off the top of my head.

I love these posts because I love saying nice things about people and seeing people say nice things about each other. Anyway, here's my bit. I have been here for a year and a few months now, and my life has changed a whole lot in that time, and it has meant a lot to me to have this little pretend hockey world to get away to. It would take me so long to name everybody that I have enjoyed talking to over the past year and a half, but I will do this in a few groups.

My main Cuda crew (and those formerly of said crew who are on other teams now) - I love this team and I love the locker room and I do believe the reason I've stuck with this as long as I have is because I have felt so welcome there. We have had a pretty broad age range in there over the seven(? I think?) seasons I've been in there but it's always felt like a big hockey family to me. I know other teams would have traded me when I dipped out for a couple months after some big life stuff happened, but they have stuck with me and I am so glad they have.

I also still lurk in the Knights locker room - I don't talk in there as much as I used to because it's hard to keep up with all my different discord servers and the craziness in my life, but I still started my SHL journey there and I will always be a Knoot at heart. :)

My Animal Crossing buds (always nice to get a good price on turnips without having to sell my left arm or my firstborn child to visit somebody's island) - this has been really cool because I've gotten to talk to a lot of people I've never shared a locker room with on the site.

Team Sweden - gets super active around IIHF time, but always a bunch of cool people who I also wouldn't get to talk to usually since we're mostly on different SHL teams.

I also want to say thank you to anybody who has stood up to some of the sexist nonsense that's happened on here in the past year. Being a woman in hockey in real life is hard enough, and it's extra exhausting and annoying when it invades my recreational time as well, and it means a lot to know there are people who have your back. <3

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

in the two years ive been on the site ive been through just about any type of situation you can think of. ive been on top of the world, hit rock bottom, and everything else in between. there is, however, one memory that always sticks out as one of my most fond. when i first came to the site in the early s40’s i was drafted to a powerhouse SMJHL team in Vancouver. we dominated during the regular season but always seemed to come up short in the playoffs. i remember one particular post season where we were a bit overly confident only to have our dreams of a Four Star Cup stripped away by our biggest rival, the Kelowna Knights. everyone on our team was absolutely crushed, some even felt the need to seek revenge. so the whole locker room got together and came up with an elaborate plan to steal the Four Star Cup from the Knights. theres even this police report about it floating around in the media.

I've got a lot of favorite SHL memories. If we've ever laughed together or had a heart to heart, that was a good memory for me. Starting with the S27 Knights - Couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the league with some nice people and dedicated GMs. Waffles 4 lyfe. Then came an SHL experience I wasn't expecting - a couple years of great conversations with people who accepted me and always made me laugh, Overwatch nights that I don't regret, and a Softpack I'll always remember with fondness.

After retiring with Dieter, I didn't know if I'd ever get anything close to what the Wolfpack was for me in the 30s, but then the Raiders took my heart for a couple fantastic seasons (what we didn't win on the ice, we won 10x off it). Early 2019 was a whirlwind of me re-embracing the SHL, and even though I'm back to keeping Dom alive just for the sake of doing so, I'm glad I stayed in the league for all the ups and downs (mainly ups for me, because I don't really pay attention to the trash fire).

I'm not sure what will happen after Dom lives out his days, but I'm glad the SHL has had 10 years of people connecting. That's the SHL at its best and what keeps me here.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 10:21 PM by Rankle.)

My most fond memory from the SHL was not too long ago. Well, looking back it actually feels like quite some time ago, perhaps an entirely different point in my life. But It was on the most recent New Years Eve. I had just gotten sufficiently wasted at a party and decided to go lay in bed and I recall having a conversation with Jepox, Noble, and perhaps a few others, in the Tampa Bay Barracuda discord for what felt like hours. I'm not quite sure how long we talked but I remember it being just such a warm feeling of happiness and comfort. Being in the Tampa Bay locker room, despite all the recent events, has always been such a positive experience and I am so incredibly grateful to be a part of a team full of such wonderful and positive people. Yeah, we might have a lot of struggles right now, but the future is bright and I am so excited that I get to be a part of the new core for the Cudas. I love every person on this roster and every person who has been there as part of my SHL experience thus far. Chomp Chomp Water Dogs, y'all.

Code:
204 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 10:31 PM by JKortesi81.)

How does one properly choose one favorite memory on this site? It’s fucking impossible for me. Getting to be part of an amazing draft class with absolute legends like @ztevans , @Pris , @Avakael , @Zoone16 , @JayWhy , and of course @ToeDragon84 just to name a few. When @TML99 asked me to be the Co-GM of St. Louis was just the most amazing feeling. Mailing @Allen the USA Captain’s C in a frame that I made for him when I said “If you win us the gold, I’ll mail you a C”. He did, so I did. Winning that first Four Star Cup in S39 with my St. Louis Scarecrows after so much playoff heartbreak was one of my favorite feelings. My S39 Crow Bros like @Blastmeaway , @caltroit_red_flames , @white cornerback , @Loganjj21 , @Dude , @Slappydoodle , @Chris_mczehrl , and @esilverm just to name a few. Season 40 with the Calgary Dragons, winning the Challenge Cup and the MVP was the greatest feeling in the world. All the work I put in just was amazing. My Dragons family like @Steelhead77 , @Mike Izzy ,  @Mook , @Ghost , @dizzyDC , @Insayne , and @mstuk41. Still amazed I was only second team All-Star though lol. Probably should’ve won the Razov too, haha.

Then of course, I got my own franchise, that I could build in my own imagine, to build a place that’s full of some of the best people on the site. There was only one person to have as my Co-GM, and that’s my best friend on the site, @TheDangaZone . Being able to go to Florida to be at his wedding to @BadWolf was the best thing that’s happened to me from this site. Going on a slightly drunken wine run with @Evok was just as fun. I’m so glad I got to meet some real life friends. I went to a Bills game with Allen and @Phobospwns , and my lovely Chicken Wing dates with @Bonk have been so cool. I look forward to meeting more SHL people as soon as I can. But back to New Orleans. I’ve been lucky enough to add some people right away to the team that have become real life friends: @Nictox , @slothfacekilla and @FuzzSHL (the two greatest picks in S46, hands down), @SlashACM , @frithjofr , @[serpe x 13] , @Huck24 , @Paq , @Bruins10 , @TomHanks , @Jiggly_333 , @JuOSu , @prettyburn , @bluesfan55 , @MrPrime , @majesiu , the recently acquired @Jenny , and all of the other Specters who have come through this locker room. I’m just lucky. I know that. There’s so many good people I’ve come across in the SHL.

It’s been awesome. Here’s to the next 10 Years.

-Joe K.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 12:22 AM by Briedaqueduc.)

Ok so I would have so many shout outs to give, but I don't wanna ping the entire league, so I'm only going to talk about one of my favorite locker rooms, Team Canada.

Team Canada came in clutch in a time were I was about to go IA. There was no real fun anymore, nothing was really happening with my teams, never got to win anything, and my player was terrible. Honestly, even the Team Canada LR was dead then, I barely payed attention to it. But about when the NHL season started, discussions about the Habs started popping here and there in the lr with a couple of Habs fan, namely @Gwdjohnson , @Kalakar , @Otrebor13 and @charlieconway . Being an Habs fan, I started talking (I wasn't really talking in Canada at that time) with these people that I barely knew and I really enjoyed it. We would watch the game at the same time and go nuts every time we scored. We eventually had to make a separate channel just for habs fan cause we were spamming general too much. Then later on in the year we started playing Rocket League with many people in the LR. I think first time we played was with @Kalakar , @Gwdjohnson and @Naosu . Then we started more games with more people, like @Nokazoa , @Ferda , @dmills3 , and we've had a bunch of fun. Also later this @jeffie43 guy came along I guess. Now we play games like Valorant with a bunch of people in the league, and it's really fun. Canada LR is a LR that changed my SHL career, and I very much like all of the guys there.

Also quick shoutout to @Snoopdogg , I 100% think you'll have some sort of GM job at some point, you're super dedicated to the league and you ask soooo many questions to make sure that you know everything. More rookies should do like you, asking questions is super important at the start, not everything is clear at the start and it's completely fine. My dms are always open man, I really don't mind the questions at all, I'll always be around to help you out if you need anything.

Also another shoutout to @Zoone16 who took a gamble on me in the SMJHL draft, I probably would not be around if you were not there.

ALso quick shoutouts to Kelowna and LAP. Knights Panthers

Sorry if I missed people :(

(sorry for double pings, I made a typo lmao)

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

So, I was curious and decided to do some research on how long I had been a member of the site. Thinking, oh maybe it's been two years. But no, it's been 3.5 since my first season in Montreal. It's really crazy to think about all the fun I've had with a ton of different people and teams, even though I have definitely been a player who never sticks around for long enough. From coming into my first drafts bright eyed and bushy tailed, to doing draft streams with @Nobody and @galatix.

One of my favorite moments was winning the cup for @artermis my first season on my second player. The locker room in PGF that season was insane, and I feel like a ton of people have stayed around since then and made the locker room the driving force it is today. Theres a reason that I always want to go back to Anchorage when I recreate, and it's that locker room with everyone in it.

I think I've finally found my SHL home in Toronto, with people like Ursin and ml and carpy. Squally, blitz and jeffie are also a great part of that locker room, and I'm excited to see it continue to grow.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

Man i am now a member of this page for nearly a year. And now i realize the shl is 10 years old :O Congrats SHL community you are great!

Now my most awsome memory has to be the win of the 4 Star Cup in S52 with the Anaheim Outlaws! Man the LR was insane in this period and it was allways nice to get into the LR!

Another milestone of my career was when ML drafted me to Toronto! What a bunch of awsome guys we have there! I love everyone on this team! Getting up everymorning and talking to the guys is awsome! I am really proud to be a part of such an awsome team and i hope one day we get to lift the cup into the sky!

I want to give a shoutout to @Segi for being one of the biggest reasons to keep me on the site! If he hadn't told donini and gibbles to draft me and helped me get around the site I wouldn't be here! You are awsome Segs! Cheers

I also want to use the chance to give thanks to all the guys who work their asses of on this site! Without you this expirience wouldnt be that awsome!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

My favourite memories is about the SMJHL and success of both my players - Justs Sirmais and Gvidas Kazlauskas.
Justs Sirmais was the best goal scorer in season 30 playing in Kelowna Knights. He scored 28 goals that season. It is 5th best all time goal scoring result of Kelowna Knights. Justs Sirmais also was named as a Kelowna Knights Most Valuable Player and won Laurifer trophy that season.It was a great season for me because Justs Sirmais was my first player in this league.
Gvidas Kazlauskas also had a great career in SMJHL. He won Four Star Cup with Kelowna Knights even before being drafted in SMJHL. He was selected only with 65th pick in S42 SMJHL draft but then he proved how underrated he is winning Esa Anrikkanen Trophy as a top rookie. He was also 3rd best goal scorer and 5th best point scorer among all players in his rookie season. But it didn't change anything in SHL draft. SMJHL best rookie was drafted only with 43rd pick. Gvidas Kazlauskas felt very underrated the rest of his career. His talent wasn't spotted and appreciated so he stopped training and left the league without official announcement.
Today I manage one of the most promising, young talents Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind. I hope his career will be great not only in SMJHL but also in SHL.

(228 words)

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]