Create Account

S53 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 12:50 AM by raymond3000.)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?
In general, I think the top teams from this season will continue to be the best teams in S54. The Wolfpack and Panthers are still young and improving, and were already the top teams in their respective conferences. The Steelhawks and Blizzard will be hit hard by regression, but it would be foolish to write off the Steelhawks given their coaching staff. The Blizzard will probably be hit harder, but in a weaker Eastern Conference they should still make the playoffs. The one team that will benefit the most will be the Manhattan Rage, a team with a ton of TPE but couldn't get their builds and lines together this past season. With another off-season of testing and optimizing builds, I expect them to be among the best teams in the league next season. A dark horse is the Texas Renegades who might have an outside shot at the playoffs if luck is on their side.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?
It would be interesting to see a SHL award for the league's best power forward. With STHS, this role was included within the consideration for the Jeff Dar Trophy as the league's top two way forward, but with the switch to FHM, I feel like the awards committee will switch to analyzing other stats such as Corsi rather than just looking at hits and points to analyze a player's two way effectiveness. There are several historical SHL power forwards who are worthy of having their name on this award, but I would name the award after Nathan Russell, the legendary power forward for the New England Wolfpack. Russell was the premiere power forward in the SHL throughout his career, and finished with over 2200 hits and 600 points. This season, the frontrunner would probably be the veteran Mike Izzy, who had a resurgent season with 40 points and 185 hits. Another contender would be Michael Scarn of the Stampede.

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.
[Image: sI50zjw.png]

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
Flacko Lagerfield of the Hamilton Steelhawks is without a doubt the best player in theses S53 Challenge Cup Finals. Lagerfield led the league in points during the regular season with a mammoth 71 points. The veteran forward has been among the game's best for a number of seasons now, and his offensive prowess is second to none.

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: YfPPSjS.png]

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Done

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

(3 TPE) PBE PT Claim

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

You know, every single season when this question comes around I like to imagine a reality in which New Orleans finally has some playoff success and wins a Cup. This season shall be no different. There will come a season when I can't simply just do relatively the same exact thing as I did the season before, but that is not this season. In an alternate reality, I will have to write about some other team that isn't New Orleans winning the Challenge Cup every single season. But alas, here we go once again. It was a rough, tough fought series between NOLA and Los Angeles. In the end, NOLA would come out victorious instead of the Panthers. They would then go on to face the Edmonton Blizzard in the second round, faring much better than the Panthers did, being victorious in that series as well. Then, in the finals, they would face the Hamilton Steelhawks and come out victorious, laying their claim to the Challenge Cup. (167 words)

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
With everyone getting a free redistribution this offseason, S54 is quite wide open at the moment. Before those redistributions take place, who would you anticipate being the top team(s) for next season?

Well, I have to start off by saying that I think Hamilton will remain a top dog in the SHL considering their incredible success this season. Additionally, I expect that the New England Wolfpack will also continue to have a considerable amount of success next season. These two teams both had remarkable seasons during our first venture into FHM, and I expect that both of these teams will be at the top of the table in the coming season. In addition to them, I think that in the West, the Los Angeles Panthers and the New Orleans Specters will be the top dogs over there. Los Angeles had a good season last season, and they certainly have the pieces to continue to drive success for themselves next season. New Orleans has been drafting exceptionally well, and additionally have one of the best goalies in the league. Sooner or later New Orleans is going to find success. (157 words)

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I fully expect that Flacko Lagerfield will win a regular season award at some point in the future. I know that he's nearing the end of his career, entering regression, but I think he still has enough gas left in the tank to pull together a few more seasons of dominance in the SHL. I remember watching him back in the day when I was just a prospect of the Barracuda, man the way he would skate around just in practice was incredible. I hope that one day I can be as great as Flacko, and know that he'll still be a great in the SHL even a few seasons from now. (112 words)

(2 TPE)
Quote:13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
a. Who is the best player in this CC finals? Plenty of good candidates: Lagerfield, Phelps, Kryyst, McIntry, Pepperoni, Scholz, etc. Who's your choice for best player and why?
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?
c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

B. Personally, I think that the amount of balance and strength that Hamilton possesses will give them the edge in the finals. It's great to be speedy and be able to get away or catch up to your opponent, but if you can't even knock them off the puck in the first place, you're not going to get very far. (59 words)

D. Yes, yes I fucking love snow. Snow is good and everyone who says it isn't is a coward. In the winter, there's no spiders or anything, no creepy crawlies in your house to fucking ambush you. Additionally, it's way easier to keep yourself warm with more clothing in the cold than it is to cool yourself off in the heat. (60 words)

(3 TPE) CW Trivia Verification: gimme

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S53 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in that reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In this alternate reality, we seed in four more teams for the wildcard lower bracket and all imaginary showdowns play out OPPOSITE from their regular season series. 

For the East, we have Chicago and West Kendall seeding in.  Buffalo and Manhattan fall to the lower bracket instead of being straight out eliminated.  Buffalo's seed earns them West Kendall, while Manhattan gets Chicago.  West Kendall takes their match up in 7 because Buffalo had the better differential in their split season series.  Manhattan takes their match up in 7 for the same reason.

For the West, we have San Francisco and Winnipeg seeding in.  Calgary and New Orleans fall to the lower bracket.  Calgary earns Winnipeg, while New Orleans gets San Francisco.  Calgary takes it in 7 because they split the regular season series but one of their wins was in OT while Winnipeg got all theirs in regulation.  New Orleans sweeps their series after being dominated by San Francisco in the regular season.

That leaves Manhattan and West Kendall in the East with Calgary and New Orleans in the West.  They play each other to shrink the lower bracket to match the upper bracket.  Again West Kendall takes their match up in 7 because of the goal differential tie breaker.  On the other side, New Orleans gets another sweet revenge series in 5 after being spanked by Calgary in the regular season.

Back to the upper bracket, New England and Los Angeles fall.  In an outstanding showing, West Kendall sweeps New England to move on to the lower bracket semis.  They are joined by New Orleans who beat out Los Angeles in a hard fought 6 game series.  In an exciting 7 game series, New Orleans advances to the lower bracket finals.

They are met by Edmonton who fall to Hamilton in the upper bracket semis (formerly the real finals).  New Orleans knocks Edmonton out in 5 and moves up to the finals against Hamilton.  In the regular season, Hamilton won one game in regulation and New Orleans won one game in a shootout.  So in these finals, New Orleans is victorious after double OT game 7.  Congrats to the Specters.

Code:

I would predict New England continues to be dominant in the East while Hamilton less so.  New England had 4 skaters over 50 points and 1 is just entering regression.  Hamilton has 3 skaters over 50 points and one of them is already in the 18% tier of regression.  Although with the redistributions, I'd have to give it to Hamilton to come up with a good strategy to stay up there.

In the West, it was a lot closer.  New England had 32 points on the 4th place team while Los Angeles -30 covers everyone except Minnesota and Texas in the West.  With regression hitting Edmonton, San Francisco, and New Orleans harder than us, I am going to stan Winnipeg for making a big climb in the standings.  I think we would be on track to be a top two team with Los Angeles, although we would need to shore up our goal differential a bit for that to happen.

Code:
With new tools at our disposal in FHM, we may eventually see some new awards enter the fold. Create a suggestion for a new SHL award. What kind of achievement is the award given for? Who's the award named after? Who would've won the award this season?

I want a Slip McScruff award before I fade into the sunset, so it has to be something that I'm good at.  Luckily, defensive defensemen is a really ambiguous category where I can carve out a specific niche.  I'm thinking the Slip McScruff award is for being a brave boy that dishes hits and blocks shots.  However, I'd want something to round it out so it's not just a goon award.  For that, I think it has to be maintaining low PIMs while playing brave and aggressive.  For example, this season I was third in Hits (261 behind 312 and 286) but my PIMs were around 1/4th as much (38 vs 178 and 145).  If the defensive award considers Hits / PIMs, then I'd be compared against Perry Morgan at 171 Hits over 18 PIMs which is slightly better but then he only has 90 SBs to my 177. 

The other defensive stat where I did well was Takeaways but it wasn't phenominal.  8th top defensemen with 37 while true American Geoff Moore had 49.  I'd be ok for that to be considered as part of the overall Slip McScruff defensive brave boy award, but it's definitely secondary to the clean hits.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

I'm biased to think the USA is going to take home my third gold as federation head.  We are able to spread our skill pretty evenly down the line up.  Seven of our forwards are in the top 50 point scorers of the regular season, five are in the next 50, then Joe is a couple points shy of that.  We've got three of the top four shot blockers.  We've got two of the top three GR skaters.  Both our goalies are in the four way tie for second in GR, and Cain has five shut outs.

I don't know Canada's players well enough to check those stats for them, but I have a feeling they will also be pretty dominant based purely on TPE.  Using number of players >350 TPE as a proxy for average TPE, Canada may be in the easier group.  In group A, we have USA, Ireland, and Czechia as three of the four most populous countries.  Although, Ireland is a bit of a wildcard with a fresh federation head this close to the tournament start.

Code:
7. Written/Graphic, 2 TPE (100 words min. for written option)
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

Slip McScruff would be a WWE celebrity guest appearance at Wrestlemania.  He'll get to play that bit of just being in the audience when the heel goads him into getting into the ring.  He's big and tough so he can take and give a few bumps to make it all look authentic.  However, as he starts to get into regression territory, he'll be playing a constant will they won't they game with the WWE.  Rumors will circulate about the end of his career and being spotted around the training center.  El Scruffo will start to make some TV appearances to stir that rumor up again.  Then one day, Slip will fade into the sunset and El Scruffo's career will take off again.

Code:
8. Written/Graphic, 3 TPE (150 words min. for written option)
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

Edmonton tried to make a food themed around mocking the Hamilton Steelhawks but each iteration backfired spectacularly.  The first iteration was the Steelhawk turkey leg which was marketed with large posters of the Steelhawk being roasted over a fire.  To differentiate between the Steelhawk turkey leg and the regular turkey leg that is sold at all home games, they dressed up the drumstick with elaborate tin foil holsters.  In the back, the cooks were getting all cut up trying to mass produce the foil art, and out in the stands, fans were ingesting a bit too much of the foil.  The FDA caught wind of this fiasco and quickly shut it down after one game.

They tried to quickly pivot to the HAMilton special which were hamsteaks with frowning faces cut into them.  They reused all the same posters, but put a pig nose over the Steelhawk along with a curly tail.  The immediate blowback was when fans started to put the hamsteaks over their own face to taunt the players.  Although Edmonton got the win here, the pictures are totally unusable with a bunch of pig faced weirdos streaking up the glass with their juices.  The less immediate blowback was the scene in the bathrooms when people mixed too much ham with too much beer.  I think you can see where that one went.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 08:54 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

Code:

With the first season of the FHM in the books, we have to already start looking to the next season. I think with FHM we will not see any drastic changes for teams like we could with Simon. I think the West will largely look the same overall with the last playoff spot being a race between San Fransisco and New Orleans. Calgary could possibly be in that race depending on how well they play, but I think Los Angeles and Edmonton are almost locks to make the playoffs based on what we have seen. On the other side of the league I think we will see Manhatten, New England, and Hamilton remain on top of the East. I think the last playoff spot will come down to Chicago and Buffalo battling it out. I think Toronto and Tampa Bay will continue to be at the bottom of the East. This is all assuming we continue with a 4 team per conference playoffs.
(163 Words)

Code:
Just like everything else in S53, IIHF is going to be an exciting mystery for us all! We've seen the introduction of a new format (all 14 teams in one group) and it's bound to be a very exciting tournament. What are your predictions for IIHF this season? What team or teams do you think have the best shot at taking home the gold? How do you think your team will fare?

I think the change to FHM will drastically change the IIHF scene for international SHL hockey. I think we will see more teams struggle to fully compete on the same level as nations like the United States of America and Canada. Some outside contenders we could see making a run for the gold would be Germany, Sweden, and Czechia in my opinion. I think many other nations will not be able to achieve the level of success found under STHS. Those nations will have to really learn how to work with the team and player tactics to get the most out of their rosters. I think some might be able to go deeper in the medal round than expected if they can put together a winning strategy. The biggest hurdle will simply be fighting against the level of TPE present on some of the larger national teams. I think teams that have to pull from SMJHL players  will find it a lot harder to be effective.
(166 Words)

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

I think the best entertainment we could get for the first finals would be a look back at the last 52 seasons of SHL hockey in the Simon T Hockey Sim Era. Using the modern technology offered by the league, we could have many great players from past and present appear to talk about their favorite memories of playing, coaching, managing, and simply living through the era. We could possibly hold a small skills competition for some of the hall of famers to see who has still got the skills and who has declined in retirement. We could poll fans across the SHL prior to the event for questions to ask the various legends on their experiences. We could also do a small showcase for each franchise to celebrate the highlights of their history with the league, culminating in the two teams competing for the Challenge Cup this season. I think the history we could share would be astounding.
(159 Words)

Code:
Even though the Panthers fell short this season, the LA influence has been felt around the league and execs in Hollywood are paying more attention to the SHL with the hometown team making waves. If your player could have a cameo in any tv show or movie, what show/movie would they choose? (for the purposes of this PT you may choose a show/movie that already exists just uhhh pretend they re-shoot it with your cameo or something idk).

It's a little known fact that Collin Gibbles will actually be featured in an upcoming film in a cameo role with his now wife Anna Kendrick. While kept under wraps during filming, Gibbles will play the new lover interest for Kendrick's character Beca in the newly announced sequel Pitch Perfect 4: Winter Wonders. The pair will unite as part of a joint a cappella group with their respective college clubs to perform a show for a town in Minnesota that has recently been struck with an economic downturn. While critics were initially curious as to Gibble's singing ability, the first trailer that premiered as part of the Challenge Cup Finals blew away all doubts.
(114 Words)

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
b. Based on player ratings, EDM has the advantage in speed and acceleration and HAM has the advantage in balance and strength. Which team's physical skills will give them the edge in this series?

I think that Hamilton's physical traits will prove to be more valuable in the Challenge Cup Finals. While Edmonton has a faster overall squad, I think the fundamental nature of Balance and Strength with prove to be the better edge in this match up. Hamilton has done well this season by controlling the puck and that will help them continue to dominate.
(62 Words)

Code:
d. Blizzard... snow... ok debate time - do you like snow? yes or no? why or why not?

I personally love the snow. Winter is one of my favorite seasons as I love the cold weather. If the snow didn't end up melting I would love it even more. The only thing I hate about snow is having to shovel it. My childhood was filled with making snow forts, sledding, and snow ball fights so it also carries a nostalgia for me.
(64 Words)

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Yoop

16/16 TPE

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

PBE Affiliation (Username: Etsuko) +3

3. One of the players i expect to be be able to win an award in the future is Jon Forty-One - @C9Van. They're currently developing into a great player and they still have a long time to gain a lot of tpe. The user is one of the best i've met in the league as well. I think they can win a MVP for the playoffs at some point as they're a big game player and they've been able to help us a lot in the overtime games which as anyone knows are the make and break of any good player in the playoffs. Now this is like 1 of like many on this team that could become a star player and award winner.
Code:
Words: 123
+2

9. [Image: New_Project.png] +3

11. [Image: New_Project1.png] +3

a. Pepperoni is one of the best players in the league and has been a killer player for the blizzard. The reason why he's the most important player in this playoffs is that he is able to have a game changing ability that many other players do not have and in my opinion he brings so many different that some do not.
Code:
Words: 61

c. F - Tony Pepperoni - Leadership, Scoring and overall great pressence on the ice.
F - Flacko Lagerfield - Consistant play, great teammate and overall great player!
F - Julio Tokolosh - Great player good at assisting and helping other teammates. Falls back on the play for defence if needed.
D - FR Finn-Rhys - Great Two way player. Brings a big presence on the back end and reliable.
D - Tor Tuck - Right handed shot who can put them in the back of the net from time to time.
G - Emiko Spector - Reliable, dependable and uses size to her advantage.
Code:
Words: 92
+2

16. Swoop +3

16/16
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 05:50 AM by Kylrad.)

My favorite part of CW where I write every season about how Chicago and New Orleans would meet in the finals for a hype expansion match with Chicago winning in a game 7 of course. In recent seasons this has actually been possible since both teams were pretty competitive but this season there wasn't ever a chance with Chicago being in the playoffs and New Orleans being out in the first round, so instead i'll write about reality i predicted which almost nearly happened anyways. In the east nothing will change as Hamilton will beat Buffalo easily and have a decently close series with New England but still win to make the finals. In the west Los Angeles and Edmonton will meet in the conference finals but instead of getting bamboozled in multiple OT's Los Angeles would win the series closely and go on to lose to Hamilton in the finals.

While I believe the free redistribution will make things closer between the top teams i don't expect much to change regarding who the top teams are, In the west just like this season I expect all of Los Angeles New Orleans, Edmonton, Calgary and San Francisco to be fighting it out,if I had to pick who'd miss out on playoffs i'd probably go with San Francisco again.  I also think Texas will be improved but will it be enough to move up in the standings im not sure. In the east i expect New England, Buffalo and Hamilton to be the top dogs again but this time i think New England and Buffalo will be much more competitive with Hamilton, especially Buffalo. At the bottom I expect Tampa Bay will be worse but thats kind of hard to picture with how bad they already were this season and as a result maybe Toronto will move up a spot in the standings.

In the end I think IIHF ended up going back to the 2 groups but no crossover, regardless I'd still predict Team Canada to win IIHF as stacked teams are received much more kindly in FHM compared to STHS and Canada has many elite players and players with good builds compared to other teams. I'd expect USA to also be pretty dominant along with Czechia, not exactly sure the state of Germany, Ireland and Great Britain but i'd expect them to be pretty good too. As for my team, Team Japan I think we can do some damage and make the medal rounds as I don't think we're the worst team but I'd be surprised if we won it all, I'd expect teams like Latvia, Finland and Russia to struggle. It's also still a Bo1 however though so anything still could happen even if major upsets are less likely now in FHM.

My choice for the best player in these CC finals is Tony Pepperoni, TPE wise he probably is the best forward in the finals although i'm not 100% sure, but individually he's had some great seasons recently and will probably continue to have some more in the future, also Pepperoni tastes good.

Based on physical skills I believe Hamilton has the edge in the series as based on certain players and teams success I believe balance and strength will be more useful than speed and acceleration. Although early on in the season i would've been surprised to have said that and would've sided with speed.

c. Assemble your ideal fantasy team out of players in this series - F, F, F, D, D, G. Explain your choices.
My finals fantasy team would be

F Flacko Lagerfield
F Aaron Wilson
F Tony Pepperoni
D Gabriel Johnson
D Tig Murphy

I think the chemistry and synergy the Hamilton players have together as they dominated the league is too much to pass on and theyre all good players individual too, as for Pepperoni he's also so good that he's worth including, although now that I think about it is this like fantasy team to score fantasy points or who i'd put out on the ice.

I actually like snow a lot, all nice and fluffy and I also like cold weather better than hot usually. But what I don't like is when the snow freezes and hardens or it rains and then its just ice and slush everywhere, that's when snow sucks and becomes a problem and dangerous.

@O4L

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 07:21 AM by Jerppu.)

US and A will be the strongest team out there. Their depth is just so good it's unbelievable. They will so hard to beat but I think Canada and and Sweden will have something to say about this. The round robin will be a dog fight about who takes the top spot coming to playoffs. So many good team and there are bound to be some upsets and cinderella stories. Really exciting times indeed! My team (Team Sweden) have huge expectations towards this tournament. We have a great goalie in Peter Larson and a superstar offensive threat in Ola Wagstrom. Ola and Peter will carry Team Sweden to glory and medals this year while our depth is strong and balanced. The only question is that how bright that medal will be. If asked about Swedish players and their fans the objective will one hundred percent be to steal the gold medal under USA's nose and hoist the trophy as world champions. 

Come up with a program of intermission entertainment for one of the games of the finals. What's the between-period on-ice entertainment the fans will enjoy? The goofier the better, go crazy.

Good old mascot fight. In this case maybe mascots. Bunch of wolves and steelhawks going at it during intermission. I'm thinking 5v5 on ice with fists and hockey sticks, no skates though that would be too scary and fast paced. Also you could add some objectives to the teams like flag steal or scoring a goal with soccer ball. Full contact and everything goes with given equipments. Of course this would be pegi 18 so the kids has to go away from the stands during this event, maybe go to the stadium corridor to have sodas and hotdogs, which would be on the house of course. During playoffs this event would go along and after every event there would be a winner. After playoffs the mascot team who would have collected more wins would be crowned as a SHL BadAss Mascots Champion. I see this growing even bigger than the hockey it self. Maybe even challenging UFC after couple years. Who knows right?
The arenas in Edmonton and Hamilton certainly don't need any gimmicks to get people into the stadium for the series, but the arenas want to make sure they're pulling out all the stops on the big stage. Help the concessions department of one of these two teams develop a new product, with marketing specifically pertaining to this finals series, to be sold at the arena during the finals. Describe the product and the marketing in 150 words or create a promotional poster showing the product, its name, the price, etc.

Edmonton should sell viking like head products. The head wear should be like an wolf head what vikings and other warriors did wear in the northern parts of the world when people were still fighting with swords and bows. It would be aggressive and mean looking, but also warm and nice to wear. Coming playoff time, the crowd should wear these and do a wolf chant: "AAuuuuuu!" to taunt the visiting team. The name of this product would be Blizzard hat and the cost of this thing is around 20 dollars. I'm sure this product will be mega fun way for the fans to show their loyalty to their team while creating real fear to the visitor team and their fans even. By the way the would not be made out of real wolves because that would be too mean and not right. Just a fluffy nice wolf head made out of cotton and other soft stuff.

It's a close battle between Toni Pepperoni and Geezus Kryyst. Two amazing players with amazing names. On the other hand my love for the goalies want's to to give it to Kryyst, but Toni Pepperoni has so nice ring to it I can't pass on it. So the MVP goes to Pepperoni!

In modern hockey you automatically go to speed speed and more speed. But since playoffs are long and hard road the balance and strength can give you an edge. So I would give this one to Hamilton Steelhawks. They are gritty and physical team who will work hard and slow Edmonton down.

G. Geezus Kryyst, man is a brick wall, awesome name.
Ds. Finn-Rhys and Gabriel Johnson, a well-rounded defensive pair who can do it all in both ends
Fs. Flacko Lagerfield as a scoring winger, Dale Miller as a two-way winger and as a center who can do it all I pick Toni Pepperoni
And there you have it. A ultimate line-up!

Snow is the best! It's nice to look at and it brings light to dark winter times. Everything is so beautiful and fresh coming snow time. When it's snowing it has to be cold. If the weather is too warm snow is annoying since it is wet and ugh..  Also snow fights and snowmans are the best plus all the activities you can do. 

dog
------------------------------------
3+3+3+4+3=16 TPE

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 09:59 AM by Henrik.)

I have a feeling that the LA panthers will continue to improve and become one of the better or best teams in the west for many seasons to come. They have an incredibly solid core of players so for me, thats an obvious pick for a future juggernaut. I also want to pump my own teams, SFP, tyres. Lots of talent coming up for the team to build around even though there is quite a lot of regression. I think the team will have another couple of seasons to seriously challenge for a cup run which is exciting. Hamilton I think will continue to be a favourite, partly because of their strong core but I think mostly due to shrewd coaching and gming. Finally, Texas is the final team that I think will really be able to push through.  Maybe not next season, but in the near future. They have so many hot players coming up.

Obviously this season and next is going to be incredibly exciting for a number of reasons and IIHF is no exception. You may have teams that top this season and bottom out in the next season due to player retools. Very strange but very interesting. I think it really opens up the opportunity for some underdogs to go on crazy runs. I still think that Canada and the USA have the strongest teams just because they are so much deeper than everyone else. You can pick and choose and create a really solid lineup based on role chemistry, something that most other teams just cant do while staying competitive. My own team, Sweden, I feel like has a very good chance this year. We are deep and were lacking some particular roles that the rebuild really helps fix. I think Canada will end up with the gold, Sweden with the Silver and the USA coming in third.

While not appearing in the playoffs at all, there were rumours floating around that the San Francisco Pride had planned to release and ACTUAL pride of lions onto the ice, following the incredibly success of the recent netflix show Tiger King. The club vehemently denies these claims. Anyway, if I was to create an intermission program for the finals I would definitely like to include something that references one or both of the teams. So, with fingers crossed for a game seven, I would have Obama (yes, he has these kinds of weather control powers) create an artificial blizzard inside of the arena that the teams happen to be playing in. In the middle of this insane whiteout, I would have handlers release 53 hawks (one for each SHL season) into the stadium. These would fly around, blindly, until Obama increased the power to the storm in order to tear the roof off of the stadium. This would allow for the hawks to leave the arena if they so choose but more importantly it would make the rest of the game a semi outdoor game.

Oh this one is tough but it would definitely be an Arnie movie. I love me a good old classic action movie and I think those really make great films to include cameos in. It would either have to be predator (perhaps as one of the guerilla soldiers or a handsome young european mercenary that gets to utter two words before being killed by the big man himself) or The Last Action Hero. That movie has so many cameos already and its one of the reasons I think its so great. Its a lot of fun to see all these old characters pop in every one in a while. If I couldnt choose an Arnie movie it would probably have to be Zoolander. One of the all time greats and another movie that is just filled to the brim with great cameos so I think it would fit the theme. Maybe have me posing in an advertisement or something with Derek.

To me its Lagerfield. That guy is just such a beast. Although he is due for some serious regression in the coming years he has been a staple of the league for so long and everyone knows about his physical and aggressive game. I’m glad he got some extra spotlight this year as I very much believe he deserves it.

I absolutely love Snow. I grew up with it and we usually had snow for 4-5 months a year. As a kid I loved playing in the snow and I loved winter sports. Skiing and skating were obvious favourites and we would take long skating trips as a family when I was real small so I have very fond memories of the cold in general. Having to scrape the ice off of your car window is never fun but I still largely enjoy snow as an adult.

13/16 + Trivia sent in.

Confirmation word : Rum

16/16

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 11:28 AM by mxman991.)

Code:

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or the Blizzard would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I think Samuel Michaud will win both the Bjo and the Stevens awards in the future, it is only a matter of time. He has plenty of time to keep building his player, but he was already able to make Gabriel Johnson look like a decent SHL defenseman this season. Gabe is probably the reason that Samuel is being held back a bit, but that is to be expected with his current build. Given some time to not have Gabe holding him back, it will be possible for Samuel to win both awards in the future. Calling it happening in 3 seasons.

Code:

Code:

I think that we need a two way player award. I understand that in the old engine it was nearly impossible to have such an award due to the lack of viability of such builds. However now that we are in a new sim engine, we are able to have takeaways and steals, and other defensive plays instead of just hits and fights. I think this opens the door for us to add a great new award for players who want to play a Kopitar like position on their team. I think as we continue to develop strategies for the seasons that these sort of players will be discovered to be more important than we currently expect. As such we need to incentive players into building these out and a great award for them will make them feel more important than they likely currently do when compared to just players who score.

Code:

Code:

Well, I haven't looked at the rosters but Sweden and Canada are probably the favorites to win the tournament just because it seems like they have a lot of high tpe players on Canada, and Sweden pulled a huge upset last season. But I find it difficult to believe that Canada can win gold given the height of competition.  I imagine USA should be pretty good because I think that they have a very good roster of high TPE  players who are at the peak of their careers now, I don't know how much depth they have though, if it's just a few 1.8k+ tpe players but the 3rd line/pairing aren't good, that might be an issue potentially but I think they're a strong bet to make the semifinals at least. Not sure who would be the 4th team, probably Austria or Germany. If I had to bet I'd say Sweden beats Canada in the gold medal game, and USA wins bronze.

Code:

Code:

a. There are certainly a lot of good candidates but as someone who assisted on a lot of his goals, I have to go with Robert Phelps here. He had an amazing regular season, won the points title and he's definitely one of the top players in the league. I think he is a rapidly rising star in the SHL.
b. I think that speed and acceleration is a bit overpowered in the new simulator. Skating attributes like speed and acceleration work better with some tactics while balance and strength work well with other tactics, but they should probably cancel each other out, and, as I'm writing this after it is all over though, this has been a pretty even series so far.
F - Flacko Lagerfield. No brainer as he was on my actual fantasy roster this season and helped me win my group.
F - Robert Phelps. He's one of the best players in the league, easy pick.
F - Karl Krashwagen. I drafted him and won with him. I believe in taking new players when you can!
D - Tig Murphy. I know Tig hates his player and can't wait to retire him but he's pretty good.
D - Gabriel Johnson. Scores a lot of PP points which is pretty much the only thing he can do well, but we dont care in fantasy.
G - Geezus Kryyst. Has been one of the top goalies for a while, an a super easy pick.

Code:

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I haven't followed the series at all because I was out of town, and since I am too lazy to try to look up any more information about how it all went, I am just going to go off of who had the highest points per game. Toni Pepperoni carried his team to the finals where it ended with a loss, I think that just shows that his team let him down and he was a stud. EDM likely only made the playoffs because of Tony carrying them so hard. Comparing scoring to Hamilton which spread out their scoring over all lines, there was no clear standout. Toni is the star of the series who was on a losing side, next season he should request a trade to HAM.

Code:

Code:

Verification word: lastsecond

[Image: sfOMki5.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 12:14 PM by GoonerBear.)

Accidental duplicate, please don't count

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 12:59 PM by Steelhead77.)

Alternate Reality the Dragons would have won game 7 against Edmonton and faced off with LA Panthers. A classic match up and one that Wasty dreads but this time he'd have his new FHM expert Coach Mook by his side and Esa is somewhat of an FHM noob, so the odds would be in LA's favor. That being said it's CGY/LAP so Calgary would clearly prevail, much to the dismay of Wasty would who let us know in his podcast he loved us as people but hated our team. All would be back to normal. After this the Dragons would go on to face New England in the finals, who would have beat Hamilton because I think it would be good for potential league shit storms to not have Hamilton in the finals in the 1st season of FHM. Against New England in the finals, the Dragons would get their rematch of the S33 cups finals in which they lost to New England but this time they would win, hoisting the 9th cup in Dragons franchise history and everyone would hate them again for winning too much. The end.

Thanks to @kenvald for this suggestion; kenvald may claim 1 uncapped TPE by linking to this post.

This is an interesting idea, haven't thought about it too much but one thing in FHM that seems important and reflects a player's true performance in many areas is Game Rating. There's offensive, defensive and then overall game rating. I could see some type of award that recognizes game ratings, like the top handful of players with the highest overall game ratings and then maybe offensive and defensive. It would be rewarding those players who performed best in their roles over the course of the season according to how FHM values their contributions. This would be devoid of all personal influence and bias which could be nice also. An award that straight up recognizes how well your player performs in the sim according how FHM calculates the game ratings. I don't know who this award would be named after but taking a look at overall game ratings this season Lil' Manius had the highest overall game rating at 83, so let's just call it the Manius Award for now and he would win it. The league could potentially do one for offensive and defensive ratings as well. Would need more thinking around it but maybe something there.

Between periods is usually a fun time for fans, I think a fun idea for on-ice entertainment during a finals game would be an eating competition at center ice while bikini ice girls shooting pre-packaged chicken parm sandwiches into the stands with one of those t-shirt cannons but it's turned into a parm-cannon. The eating competition at center ice would obviously be chicken parm sandwiches. Five fans would be chosen based on how much it looks like they can eat when they entered the arena during ticketing. They'd match up in 5 minutes all you can eat parm competition. I haven't really thought this all through, but seems exciting. While the eating competition is going on, there would be bikini ice girls skating around shooting parms into the stands. Anyone who catches one in their mouth gets season tickets. The winner of the parm eating competition also gets season tickets along with a special voucher for free food at all home games next season. This seems exciting or maybe it's a dream I had, not sure.

[Image: articparm1.jpg]

I do like snow, yes. I like being snowed in because then you have a good excuse to just sit inside by the fire and eat, watch tv, play video games, etc. It also looks nice outside on the trees and when I was younger I would go sledding and shit but now if I tried that I'd break a hip. Snow also coincides with ice freezing which means pond hockey and ice fishing so that's a bonus for me. I hate shoveling though, obviously.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer.

Completed. Verification Word: parm

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Well, it’s quite obvious to me that we’re in the darkest timeline. What really should have happened is Abed should have grabbed the die before it fell, preventing all of this darkness. In the preferred timeline – the one where Jeff is a conniving son of a bitch – obviously New England would have won the Challenge Cup. They would have steamrolled the opposition through the playoffs, going undefeated. Wagstrom would have scored more goals than have ever been scored before. As it stands now, Van Otter is making felt beards for everyone to wear because of the unfairness of it all. Wagstrom lost an arm. It’s utter pandemonium. Dick Clapper even put a streak of color in his hair.
In the alternate reality – the good timeline – the Wolfpack would currently be having an Ovechkin-style celebration. Jackbox would be played late into the night, and laughs and merriment would be had by all. Even lowly prospects who did nothing to contribute to the team. But, alas, we are stuck with what is real. – 175 words

I think it’s likely that most of the top teams stay relatively close to the top. Everybody gets a free redistribution, but I think that roster builds and sim tactics are worth more in the long run.
I think the top two teams in the east will again be New England and Hamilton, but for different reasons for each. New England has a stacked roster with perhaps the most TPE in the league. With the addition of Ben Blue at goalie, their roster got better. They have the likely MVP in Ola Wagstrom, and he should prove to be dynamic again next season.
For Hamilton, it’s all about their tactics. While their roster might not be as impressive on paper as New England’s, they know how to play the game and how to win. Their management team has extensive sim experience and they use it game after game to make opponents look foolish. – 153 words

Intermissions are only 18 minutes, so we would have to fundamentally change the rules of the game for this entertainment, but boy, you won’t want to miss it! During each intermission, a full stage will be set up at center ice. The sets will be beautiful and resemble colonial America. Just when you know where you think this is going, it happens. Lin-Manuel Miranda skates out to the stage, takes his skates off, and stands up. He announces that as between-period entertainment, the musical Hamilton will be performed in full. He goes on to say that this is not just between two periods in one game. This will happen for every single game and every single period of the final. Fans are literally getting the game and TWO showings of the former hottest show on Broadway for the price of one. The beats start and the actors come on stage, rapping about whatever they rap about in Hamilton – I don’t know I haven’t seen it. But it’s pretty dope. – 170 words

Sasha Dangelchek – like all good people all across the world – loves the show Community. Sasha would appear in an episode largely featuring Pierce Hawthorne, played by Chevy Chase. The episode in question revolves around playing Dungeons and Dragons with a portly fellow named Neil. Pierce constantly berates and insults Neil about his weight, and Neil is already more than a bit depressed. Sasha’s cameo would be simple. When Neil finally admits that he’s going to be ok despite Pierce’s dickishness, Sasha would walk into the room. He’d kick Pierce right in the balls, give Abed a high five, and walk out again. And the world would cheer. – 109 words

B. I think HAM has the advantage. Strength and balance are important once you have the puck. It makes it much harder to be knocked off or to lose it. Once HAM gains the puck, it’ll be damned hard to get it back from them. EDM might have the speed and acceleration to get around the HAM defenders, but when you play that style, you open yourself up for a lot of giveaways. And, like I said, once HAM has the puck it’ll be hard to get it back. – 88 words
D. I love snow, it’s one of my favorite things. It makes the world so peaceful and quiet when it’s snowing and everything is really pretty when it’s all white. There are few things nicer than sitting in on a snowy day with a beer and just watching tv. And then, getting everything together and hopping in the car and going snowboarding for a few hours. Winter rules, summer drools. – 69 words, nice

CW Trivia – 3 TPE
Verification: CW done

[Image: danglechek.png]

This was probably the craziest playoffs that I've personally taken part of as a player, just due to the amount of crazy shit we ended up going through. Obviously the first round with NOLA was batshit crazy with everything that went down. The scandal with illegal lines, the talk of 'momentum', and then going down 3-0 in game 7 only to come back and win the game 4-3 to take the series. But it's not any of that I would change. In my alternate reality, we would have taken one of those first two, or even 3 OT's against Edmonton. We got swept in that series 4-0 with EVERY game going to overtime or even double overtime. I think if we managed to take one of those first two games, or maybe even game 3, it could have been a different series. Who knows if we would have beaten Hamilton in the finals, but I think this is the best team we have had in some time and losing 4 straight OT's has definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

I expect it to largely be the usual suspects in terms of the top teams, I don't see many of the rebuilding teams being ready to really push for a playoff spot just yet. Out east I would still have NEW, HAM, BUF and MAN being the top dogs, with Chicago potentially pushing for that that 4th playoff spot. I could also see HAM taking a slight hit due to the regression of some of their players as well as some guys stagnating in their progression.
In the West I think it's roughly the same picture as last season. EDM, LA, CGY, NOLA are the top dogs with SFP right on the bubble. However I think the bottom teams in the west are closer to competing than the bottom teams in the east. WPG, TEX, and MIN should all see improvements in their record this season and get closer to competing for a playoff spot.

The best thing about IIHF is that historically almost any team can take home gold in any given season. I think now with the switch to FHM we will see a bit of a shift towards some teams being more dominant than others, but there is still some pretty good parity. USA is probably the top team if I had to pick one, but Canada, Czechia, Austria, Germany also have very strong squads, and you can never count out the previous years winner, currently being Great Britain. Being an Irishman, I think we have been on a bit of a decline the past few seasons due to the some of the regression and retirements of our forward core. We've lost some big name players the last few seasons that haven't really been replaced up front. Our D core is still reasonably strong with Murphy and Kennedy at the helm, solid 2nd pairing guys in Toner and Tanner as well as O'Callaghan on the bottom pairing. We also have a talented young goalie in Doyle who will be interesting to watch. I think we still have a shot at gold but everything will have to go well for us.

I would say that Edmonton has the best two players in the series in Pepperoni and MacIntyre. Pepperoni has been an offensive dynamo the last few seasons and MacIntyre has been an absolute rock and workhorse defensively all season long. This is no insult to Lagerfield who had a huge season with Hamilton, but I think he is more a beneficiary of a strong team than the other two.

(Basing this off hockey in general cause I really don't know shit about FHM). In the regular season speed and acceleration are king. We've seen a shift to fast hockey over the last decade, however, in the playoffs things tighten up and get much more physical, which leans towards Hamilton's strengths. I'll call it a draw between the two physically.

F - Tony Pepperoni: Consistently a top 3 forward over the last 5 or so seasons and the highest TPE player in the series.
F - Flacko Lagerfield: Top scorer in the regular season, had a huge year offensively for the Steelhawks
F - Robert Phelps: Aging Phelps had one of the best years of his career. He can still bring the offense and has plenty of experience to boot.
D - Brady MacIntyre: While not necessarily being an offensive dynamo, he is one of the top defensive players in the league.
D - Karlstrabe Scholz: Emerged this season as a two way force on the blueline.
G - Geezus Kryst: Still in the prime of his career and a top goalie in the league.

It's fine. Growing up in Canada I'm plenty used to it and it really has it's pros and cons. I love snowmobiling, and sledding is always fun. However I hate the cold, shoveling is the worst, and snowbanks and whatnot around roads always get nasty looking after it's been sitting there for a while. I would say I don't hate snow and tolerate it for snowmobiling and the initial beauty of a fresh snowfall, but I wouldn't be that upset if I never saw snow again.

Verification: Championship

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 02:34 PM by Faelax.)

Before redistributions take place, Buffalo looks to be in a great spot to compete for the S54 Challenge Cup. Even with their already strong forward core in place, they made a big move to acquire center Matt Kholin, who should give them the push they need to make a deep run. All nine Buffalo forwards should be over one thousand TPE to start off the year, along with their top four defenseman. This means that, on paper, Buffalo will have the strongest group of skaters in the league. In addition, Buffalo will have the hyped goalie prospect Elizabeth Doyle between the pipes next season. She has been tearing up the SMJHL in St. Louis, and looks to be ready to make the jump to the big leagues. If I had to pick an early favorite for the cup in season 54, my money would be on the Stampede. As of right now, they have the most complete roster in the league. 

Trivia Verification: Ashe

1. My pick for best player in this series is Hamilton winger Flacko Lagerfield. It’s hard to not pick the season's leading scorer for the best player. Hamilton’s offense runs through Flacko, and when he is scoring, the team looks unstoppable. He is an excellent passer, but you can’t leave him alone either, because he also possesses a lethal shot. 
  2. I think Hamilton’s advantage in strength and balance will prove to be more important. Those attributes seem to lead to better puck possession and defensive stats. It turns out it’s hard to score goals when you don’t have the puck.  Hamilton should be able to grind down the smaller Edmonton team with big, physical play. 
  3. My Ideal lineup for the finals:
LW- Flacko Lagerfield- The leading scorer in the league comes on to drive the offense
C- Tony Pepperoni- The veteran center brings a strong two-way game
RW- Aaron Wilson- Another strong two way player who is one of the best passers around
LD- Brady McIntyre- A strong defenseman who already has 2 cups to his name
RD- Gabriel Johnson- An offensive dynamo who put up almost a point per game 
G- Geezus Kryyst- One of the top goalies in the league and definitely the best in this series
  1. I love the snow, something about it is really soothing. Sitting with a hot beverage and watching the snowfall is a great way to relax at the end of a long day. Plus, all of the snow related outdoor activities are great. Snowboarding, skiing, and ice skating are all fantastic ways to get outside and get some exercise. 

In an alternate reality where Buffalo wins the opening series against Hamilton, a lot changes in these playoffs. Obviously, the big change is that the eventual champions got removed. Buffalo beats Hamilton in a thrilling seven game series. They move on to play New England, whom they matchup much better against then they did versus the Steelhawks. The Stampede take the series in 5, finishing with a clutch OT goal from star defenseman Poopity Scoop. Things also change out in the west where New Orlreans wins the series vs the Panthers in a crazy game 7, going to double OT. Lil Manius scores on a crazy breakaway goal to end it. Alister Cain pops off in the conference finals to make the Challenge cup matchup Buffalo vs New Orleans. Unfortunately for the Specters, Cain's luck runs out there. Buffalo overpowers the Specters with their superior depth and win the series in 5, with the Stampede winning another cup on home ice.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 07:31 PM by shutdown.)

Code:

Ah, what could have been for so many teams who were close to the cup. In a close alternate reality, Edmonton got a few bounces to go their way and took home the cup in 7. In the alternate reality I want to focus on, Chicago actually made the playoffs and absolutely roflstomped their way to an easy sweep in the cup finals, not dropping a single game in any series. Nick Connolly was the hero and scored every single goal for the Syndicate. He was the first player to do so in the entire hockey universe. He also broke every single playoff record ever created for SHL. His teammates were so impressed with his skill and tenacity that they just fed him the puck every possession, most of which were goals. Now that’s a great alternate reality. Maybe this upcoming season that alternate reality will become this reality and Connolly will get his head out of his ass. Doubtful though.
+3

Code:

Even though we’re getting a free redistribution, I don’t see the top teams in the league changing too drastically. We all know by now that Hamilton’s analytics department makes them a contender no matter what and they have the players to back it up. New England has a ton of talent spread across their lines and so does Buffalo. These three teams will really run the East for the next few seasons in my opinion. The West is a bit more open. I can still see Los Angeles and Edmonton being towards the top of the standings. Calgary will compete for the top 3 spots as well. I think New Orleans might fall back a bit and get bumped down by San Francisco. I like San Fran’s team and think they will be competitive sooner rather than later. They just need to make that final leap to get them to that top tier of teams.
+3

Code:
IIHF is always a fun time of year due to the seemingly crazy outcomes that the tourney provides. With the switch to FHM, I think it’ll be a little more standard but with SimonT, the knockouts games were always a toss up. As usual, I’m sure we’ll see the big dogs on top as they just have the most players to choose from each season. The US and Canada always have a solid core of players as well as a bright future of young talent waiting in the wings. They should realistically always compete each IIHF tournament as long as they manage everything correctly. The rest of the competition rotates a bit more frequently. As a recent US transfer to Switzerland, I’m hoping our team can do some damage in the tournament this year and upset some of the favorites. We’re still a pretty young team so our future is bright and we have a lot of up and coming stars.
+3

Code:
A.    Oof, this is a tough one. I think all of these players are phenomenal choices and you can make a case for any of them. I’d lean towards Lagerfield and Pepperoni though. If I had to choose one, I would take Lagerfield. The winger just produces at a fantastic rate both on the power play and even strength.
B.    Playoff hockey is a different animal that regular season. Everything tightens up and people play extra safe in their own zone. Certain entries that would work in the regular season with just speed don’t work in the playoffs because of this. I think that Hamilton has the right idea in terms of balance and strength.
C.    G- Geezus Kryyst is a stud of a goalie. He can steal wins that your team doesn’t deserve.
D – Gabriel Johnson is not afraid to put his body on the line and block shots and make hits when needed.
D- Karlstrobe Scholz is extremely talented and led his team in points. Definitely a great QB on the PP as well.
F- Tony Pepperoni goes into the dirty areas to win the puck back for his team. Those types are invaluable to their line mates.
F- Flacko Lagerfield is dangerous from anywhere on the ice. You always have to keep on your toes when he’s on the ice.
F- Aaron Wilson is a great all-around player who can make his line mates much better.
D.    Snow is AMAZING. I love snow and I love the winter. Firstly, who doesn’t like sleeping in an ice cold room with the blankets pulled up to your eyes? Those are the best nights. Secondly, if you don’t snowboard or ski you really need to. Snowboarding is such an awesome activity that gets you out and about in the snow and the winter. People who don’t like snow have never been.
+4

verification = yuh
+3

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland