Create Account

SHL 10 Year Anniversary - Bonus PT

Its been almost two years since I joined the site while sitting in a hot slow moving bus in Sicily and while I have many good memories from places all over the site and site related discords there is one place that tops them all.

Honestly it is impossible to go past the Anchorage locker room and all the people that make up the wacky cacophony of opinions and personalities in that room. From the random voice chats, to the stupid memes that have persisted long past the point of really meaning anything anymore (7 foot yard, I went to the dick and fuck), to Tomas' terrible spelling mistakes (thats a nice analorgy) and all the nice late night and early morning chats that are constantly going on 24 hours a day.

When I joined the locker room I knew fuck all about the SHL and wasn't sure i'd ever stick it out but the original gang of @ml002 @Tomen @Waters @spooked @mdubz @formx @JayWhy and @artermis (who also helped me GM for so many seasons) made it a place I wanted to hang out in and shoot the shit.

@ej27 and @Weretarantula who were my first rookies even though I didn't draft them and who put up with me blundering and crashing about in my first season in charge when I had no idea what I was doing.

My incredible crop of draftess @Jenny @Tomasnz @Fordyford @hotdog@Gwdjohnson @frithjofr @DaftRaincloud @KenitohMenara @Toivo @rangersbruinslightning @Ferda @golden_apricot @"toirekari" @bluesfan55 @LairdButler @Chrisda19 @SAwful @honkerrs @Frick_Nasty

and last but not least these couple of stowaways @Jepox and @goldenglutes

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I haven’t been in the league for long but I’ve been in the Steelhawks server for around half a year. The lads in there have been nothing but supportive and really awesome to talk to. They’ve welcomed me with open arms and have been a blast to get to know. From their movie nights to Animal Crossing to League of Legends I’ve had so much fun getting to know them. I’ve never been apart of a group of majority guys that’s accepting of me and it’s been nothing but a positive experience. The best part I think has been able to pick up on the inside jokes the server has and be apart of that humour. Sometimes evening being a part of the inside joke. I’ve been able to run a D&D campaign with some of them also and it’s been the most fun I’ve ever had. 

I hope to get closer to them and others on the site! You all so far have been so nice and I look forward to meeting many more of you. So far everyone has been incredibly sweet, accepting and generally a good human being. Looking forward to many more memories, shenanigans, and absolute chaos.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 12:56 AM by caltroit_red_flames.)

I have a lot of great memories that have to do with the SHL. I guess I could point to winning my first cup, the Four Star Cup, with St. Louis. @JKortesi81 @Rancidbudgie @Dude and everyone else there. But after realizing that this isn't quite about the sim anymore I have to say my favorite moment is really a collection of moments. It's being in voice chat with my friends that I've made on here.

Czechia has become everything I've wanted it to become and every time there's a great conversation in there it's my favorite moment on SHL. @39alaska39 @"LukeTD" @Inf1d3l @Off @ImShiny @"cpetrella" @GeckoeyGecko @StaticShocked @artermis @FleshBagSoup @Ben @efiug @"jfisherr" @Esso2264 @TomHanks @CptSquall @Citizen of Adraa @hewasajazzman @JHS @Grapehead you guys make SHL a great place to be every day. I'm stoked for our first FHM tournament, we're going to kick ass together and finally celebrate our first gold medal.

Saving the best for last. @Muford and @Blastmeaway you guys are by far my best friends on SHL. The time that I've spent shooting the shit with you guys, playing HOTS, Warzone, minecraft, Risk of Rain, etc. is by far my favorite memory. Love you fellas <3

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Wow.. 10 whole years of the SHL. That’s simply an incredible number achievement for a simulation league. Now I haven’t been around that long but I absolutely respect those who have been. I have only been around for about a year and a half but I have never regretted signing up and playing along with the league.

Both of my players have been undrafted free agents (I really need to learn the timings of the draft for that) and both have been picked up by the Anchorage Armada. I will never forget that locker room when I leave because it has been one of the funniest locker rooms I have ever been a part of. At the heart of it all is a GM and Head Coach that wanted nothing but the best for me and their players. So my first thanks go to @Acsolap and @golden_apricot for helping me through every single struggle and making me players respectable.

But my favourite experience? It has to be the Anchorage Generation of Rookies, the lads that came together when Anchorage needed hope and proved a lot of people wrong with their tenacity and their play. The Season 48 Class of myself, @Tomasnz @Fordyford @hotdog @Gwdjohnson @frithjofr and @DaftRaincloud… you guys are awesome!

Thank you for everything SHL! Let’s go another 10 years!
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 08:50 AM by juke.)

It's only been about 4 months/2 seasons since I joined the site, so I don't have as many memories to tap into as most people, but I've still had a great time so far and have met some awesome people. I think one of my favorites memories is the few weeks leading up to the SHL draft. Almost every day or two there was new messages from GMs, and it was a fun process trying to piece together where I'd be drafted. Which all accumulated up to the day itself, watching the picks until my name via the live stream. To cap it all off in the end, I was super excited when @"luketd" and @JayWhy drafted me to the Rage, and it was one of the top teams I was hoping to go to.

My other favorite memory is more so a collection of memories, which is the time spent in Newfoundland's locker room. We have an incredibly active locker room, and it's been great to see it grow even more active since I first got here. I definitely would not be as immersed in the league if it weren't for it. We play games together, random VCs, we drink together, and everyone is friendly and entertaining. I'd say the best single memory from the locker room is the day that we won games 3 and 4 to tie up our STL playoff series. It was mayhem, and just about everyone who's on the roster (and a few people not even on the roster) was there having a good time, chatting, and some drinks were had. And that was only for tying up a series we didn't even win, I can only imagine what it'll be like when we win it all next year. We have a great core of people that have been here since I arrived, who helped keep me excited and involved in the league: our fearless leaders @JNH and @SDCore, captain and future Twitch celebrity @Rindiee, my great draft class buds @Nhamlet, @"NeonLime", @Patty, @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn, and some of the vets that still hang in the LR and help make it a great place, @ByrdeMan, Sweg, @KlusteR and @Carpy48

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Trying to decide which memory to use for this PT was tough. I've been a part of the SHL for over a year now and I've had so many great times here. Should I write about my time in the juniors? Where I learned everything I needed to succeed in the SHL from guys like @Nictox, @FuzzSHL, @gordieboom, @esilverm.

Or how about getting drafted to NOLA by @JKortesi81 and @TheDangaZone and then meeting my new NOLA teammates who were and are so amazing. Finding out @Blastmeaway was a phan of one of my all time favourite bands was definitely pretty alright.

Then there's playing for Team Canada and meeting a lot of my fellow Habs fans like @Gwdjohnson, @Kalakar and @Briedaqueduc and being able to chat about good ol' Montreal hockey. Which I can't wait to do again with you guys!

I could write in depth about all of those experiences, and do so happily but the thing I really want to write about is something that changed in my real life not too long ago. A few weeks back, my wife and I had our first child, a little girl. I was and still am overjoyed. When I posted a picture of my little one in the NOLA locker room I felt like I was in the Lion King, showing off the best thing I've ever helped make. With everything going on in the world right now, it's been tough to be able to share this new experience with family and friends, my little girls grandparents have yet to be able to hold her and that's hard for all of us, really hard. 

But if there was one thing I knew, it was that my teammates, my friends from all over the map,  that I have never met outside of the site or discord, would be there to share in my joy. You guys made this feel a bit more normal, people can connect this much without having ever actually met or touched, this helped me realize that my little girl not being able to get held by the rest of her family isn't the end of the world. There are other ways to be able to get to know someone and have that relationship grow. 

So thanks to my teammates, my friends, thank you for letting me share my experience with you, thank you for always being around and thanks to the parents who came before me, who have offered their support and help (@prettyburn, @CptSquall, @Nictox). Let's keep posting pics in our pets-and-kids channel, both of those things really make me happy. So, I guess this is my favourite memory on the site, so far...

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Woah, it's been like 14 full months since i joined this site already. That's a long time for me to somewhat commit to anything, but what a wild time it's been.

Starting out in the crazy world of the S47 class, met some pretty cool people who all despise me, @Julio Tokolosh , some irrelevant loser called @SDCore, best Mum @sköldpaddor, worst SHL player @SecondSucks22 , Requiescat in pace @Wibbly McButternutz, what a good time we had.

And then some random guy called a complicated system of levers and pulleys drafted me and i met all the cool peeps in Anchorage, @Jenny @ej27 @Tomasnz @ml002 @artermis @Tomen and of course my draft class buddy @hotdog . Not to forget the ones we lost along the way :( (Johnny sins and karhunen being the big two). Then some later classes arrived and everything got out of hand....

And then i got drafted to the SHL, despite a short time in WKP i got to hang with @.bojo he's pretty cool, and then i got traded to LAP and got to hang with a whole new gang, @Wasty giving me cool sigs, @JT3 , some people i always forget the usernames of, but basically just. abunch of cool dudes,

It's been a pretty wild ride so far, let's see where it goes from here...

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

i'm not gonna do the shoutout method that many people have done because there would be too many people for me to shout out and I don't really feel like doing that right now ya know. so i'll reflect back on two interesting memories I have that stand out when I look back. the first is my SHL draft night; signing up for the league in February I really had no idea what I was getting into, didn't know if I'd stick around, but eventually I did. I was a pretty late pick in the SMJHL (shoutout to @Acsolap) but I established myself as a decent prospect during that first season and was bound to be a higher pick in the SHL draft. I had a bunch of great talks with @Ace and was pretty set on being a Wolfpack - they even traded into the top 10 to have a shot at me - so I was pretty sure it'd happen, but I was still excited heading into the day. My excitement was building in the pre-draft days and was peaking on draft day, but on draft night I was out of town and had plans to hang out with a friend I hadn't seen in a few years so I couldn't even really be online during the draft lol, kinda lame. I popped in Discord to be welcomed into the NEW LR when I could, but i just sent a few drunk & excited messages about how happy I was to be there and sorry i couldn't really talk much now. I wonder if they were like "wtf we just traded up to get this guy and he's not even talking here on draft night."

Another standout memory is when dude i went to a dick and fuck yesterday for like an hour and i'm so sore @Jepox @DaftRaincloud @frithjofr @Budgie easily the #1 moment in ANC discord for me (with slimmy snail a close second for me but can't describe that one here)

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I've definitely got some good memories and my year here, and I have quite a few friends to thank for that.

To all my Scarecrow bros:

I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to introduce me to the SHL. Top to bottom, our entire team was great. Even though it was sad that we didn't get to win a Four Star together, we were a very successful team, and I feel that a lot of that had to do with the camaraderie we had. It was an absolute honor serving as your Asscaptain as well as setting some team records, which definitely belong as much to my great teammates, as they do to me.

@Nictox @TML99 @Mika_Kandinsky @Huck24 @FuzzSHL @"jfisherr" @acdangel @fever95 @BrewskyBoy @JaytheGreat

And now, to my current and former Blizzard teammates:

This is one of the teams where I assumed I would be drafted. I knew quite a few guys on the roster from other sim leagues and it just seemed a common sense landing place based on that knowledge. Even though I was correct about that, and thus thought I knew what I was in for joining the team, boy was I wrong. Being a member of the Blizzard has been a completely different sim league than I've ever had, definitely in a good way. Not only have I gotten to meet a lot of great guys that I wouldn't have met anywhere else, but I've also landed on one of the most solid, helpful teams out there. Not only that, but some of you gentlemen are gifted with a level of funny that I only wish I had access to. I love this team, and I love my teammates. You guys are great. Let's bounce back next season and get that cup.

@Keygan @"TommySalami" @Nokazoa @karlssens @ErM @caltroit_red_flames @ckroyal92 @"cpetrella" @Julio Tokolosh @dylanjj37 @James Truong @Muford @C9Van

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

This site has been absolutely great to me and there's a bunch of people I'd like to thank in my time being here. I'll start from the very beginning. Thanks to @JR95 and Kai in Vancouver for drafting me in my first season. Had an absolutely great time there and I was in way too much of a hurry to get to the SHL. should have hung out and won a 4-star with you! Thanks to Detroit for trading for me twice (Salami and Pepperoni) and giving me two shots at a 4-star. I was never able to do it but maybe the third time will be a charm. Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @InciteHysteria for bringing me to Colorado. That locker room was a blast and I will always love messing with @Good_Ole_Kimmy and telling everyone I don't believe Salad exists. Thanks to all my great Colorado teammates: @hhh81, @39alaska39, @RomanesEuntDomus, @Troy_McClure03, @wumaduce, @Tomen and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I'd also like to Thank Buffalo for drafting me 4th overall in S33. I know I royally screwed them over but I'm glad they've been able to find great success without me and build one of the greatest locker rooms on the site in large part of the work of @WannabeFinn and Tomen.

Finally my Blizzard boys. @karlssens, @Ace, Thank you for drafting me to the Blizzard, I really wanted to make a great player and help an organization to make up for ditching on my previous one. Thanks for giving me that opportunity! @Keygan, Thank you for selecting me as your Co-GM, it's easily been the most fun I've had on this site. Let's win a couple more challenge cups and keep the good times rolling.

Thanks to @James Truong, @caltroit_red_flames, @Julio Tokolosh, @Leafs4ever, @Muford, @ErM, @Nokazoa, @MrStennett, @FinnRhys, @Emiko, @dylanjj37, @"Cpetrella", @lukejm37, @sarmo, @"thecanadiancanuck", @ckroyal92, @CB2212, @CampinKiller, @Mack and everyone who I've played/GMed! You guys are the best!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I guess it might be a little sad to admit, but my favourite two experiences in the SHL thus far came in the first couple of months: namely, the two drafts I was taken in.

In July 2019, I remember really warming up to the idea of a site where I could mix pseudo-RP with my love of hockey and statistics. Joining the S50 LR and the Anchorage rookie combine was a blast and I'd like to thank my S50 draft-mates and the folks that welcomed so many of us at Anchorage and in the S50 LR.

Come draft time, I was taken late in the second round by @Flareon and the Halifax Raiders, and I remember feeling like I should have gone higher. That lit a fire under me, as I'm competitive and don't like being overlooked. But I can't thank Flareon and COA enough for taking a chance on me, and I hope I turned out to be a good selection, even if we didn't really win anything in Halifax during my three-year stint as a Raider.

The S50 SHL entry draft was wild. I remember everyone in the S50 LR being excited, and rumors that I would be taken first overall. I'm aware that I had a leg up just from being a defender, thus making it more likely that I'd be taken first over one of the highly touted forwards (Shepard, Lane, Maximus, etc). Getting drafted by @StadiumGambler and the Jets was a blast, and I have to thank SG for not only trusting me enough to draft me first overall, but also taking my opinions and commentary into account on the management and scouting side.

I've grown to love a lot of the people on this site, but in particular, I can think of a couple that really stand out, and I want to shout them out in particular.

@CementHands (Karl Krashwagen) was one of the other draftees in the S49 SMJHL entry draft, and we wound up being the two actives taken for Halifax in that draft. Pretty much every step of the way, he's been kind, friendly, competitive, and helpful when needed. I couldn't ask for a better draft partner and forever SHL friend than krash, and though I wish we could've found more success in junior, I'm thankful to have been able to share the ride with him.

@Gwdjohnson (Gabriel Johnson) was there from the very beginning in the Anchorage rookie combine, giving advice on the league and recommendations for my build. Later, when being pulled into the Canada LR, I got to see him create a great atmosphere where people could just shoot the shit. It's insanely active, and I think he's no small part in why, especially after he became Canada's Fed Head.

Speaking of Team Canada, I'm blessed to have created for such a great nation and great group of teammates. Just a taste of the great people in that LR: Gabe, @Naosu, @Ferda, @Briedaqueduc, @Nokazoa, @Kalakar, @5ympathies, @DrunkenTeddy, @jeffie43, @Ace, @Otrebor13, and anyone else I'm forgetting (I know there are at least one or two).

I'd like to thank the vets in the Halifax Discord from S49-S51 who no doubt got sick of me asking so many damn questions about the league. You guys helped me get my bearing and I'm not sure I'd still be taking part if it wasn't for the environment you guys fostered. That includes, but is not limited to: Flareon, @Citizen of Adraa, Kalakar again, @slothfacekilla, @BadWolf, @FinnRhys, @JR95, @TheDangaZone, @Rublic, @Steelhead77, @Leoben, @bilbo, and @ztevans.

Credit to my Winnipeg teammates for keeping the LR active, especially the prolific newer players and users that have led me to believe the team has a bright future: @Wallflower, @roastpuff, @reid_sutherland, @jason97, and @Geekusoid, to name a few.

Then there's the people I've worked with in the past, whether that's with the SMJHL awards committee or the SMJHL all-star committees. Especially @hhh81, @FuzzSHL, and @ErM for always being understanding and dependable when it came to PbPs.

Also, thanks to both HOs for being shit on by everyone any time there's a punishment handed out. Part of the conceit of a sim league is that everyone plays on an even playing field, or else it all falls apart. It's not an easy job, but it's necessary, and I thank you for putting yourself out there to be whipped and prodded. ■

[733 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

My favourite memory for sure was time when I had my first player. It was from S26 - S35 when I was more active. Greatest memories in general was winning Four Star Cup with Halifax Raiders in my first SMJHL season. It was amazing, just because of fact that I was helping with strategies and lines and played a small co-GM role. Raiders locker room had great chemistry and that was sick!

Same about SHL. Great memories was around Dragons, Blizzard and Admirals. These three teams made me feel good. About Dragons - great locker room, they drafted me, gave me a chance as co-GM and all the people there was so damn nice to each other. Blizzard - I spent most of my career playing for them and it was cool as well. Helpful team coaching stuff, my best seasons statistics wise. In general - amazing franchise and ton of great memories. About Admirals - they was my favourite team, because they were underdogs and had greatest branding of all time. I had bad season there from looking at statistics, but in general I loved my time there.

So short resume could be that my favourite time and memory was for sure playing with my first player from S26 to S35 when he was at his prime. He wasn’t greatest player, but he was pretty decent and I love that I made him. @vbottas17 made my SHL road much better! Thank you!

243 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

awwww shucks Smile

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

My first go on this site was a bit of a quick explosion. I came in really hard, but just took on too much and burnt out before leaving for some personal reason. However, there were a lot of good times during my intro to the league with that Halifax Raiders team that went on to win a Four Star Cup and the great rookie class we had. The stories that were written about the locker room and the banter between the players was just super memorable as we really fleshed out a universe with that group. Some of the most memorable moments came from @daBenchwarmer's stories about the bus trips, the twitter chirps, and just the all-around atmosphere that that team had started up. Being able to develop that into a Four Star Cup win was like the icing on the cake, and while it wasn't a long held character, Flower to me holds a lot of good memories and a lot of fun times and left a legacy on the Halifax Raiders through his seasons there. He got to raise the cup, he took over the franchise points lead, and he definitely was able to leave an impression, though short-lived. I know my career with Brogen is already longer, and it is already been filled with some awesome moments and a great SFP team to be around

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

It's horrifying that it has already been 3 years since I made Dwayne Wyder, maybe almost to the day. since then i've graduated college, got a job, etc. etc. I remember having a lot of fun getting to know people here, especially in that rookie class. getting drafted to the raiders, then going to the steelhawks with sleepy and nour. Eventually I left and went inactive, split between "simon t hockey simulator is incredibly boring" and the fact that I was getting too toxic. But while i was here in my last stint i had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. I guess it's not really league related but playing pubg and other games with teddy, qc, jr, crutch and everyone else was probably my favorite experience back then.

i don't think i'll mass tag since i'll get too embarrassed, and i talk to a lot of the people i'd tag anyways, so i'll just mention a few people who it's been a minute since i've talked to. @vbottas17 @QuantumCowboy @DrunkenTeddy @JR95 i know there's probably a lot more people i could tag but i don't recall all the usernames, but thanks for making this place fun. hopefully now that i am active again it will feel like back then.

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat