Create Account

New England Wolfpack Punishment

05-19-2020, 06:47 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:44 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: This isn't the first time they've done it. Unless one of them is actually punished for it, it won't be the last time it happens.

Name and shame. Hit me with names and ill make sure they never end up on one of my teams at the very least.

Don't worry, none of them will leave Buffalo anyways.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

05-19-2020, 06:48 PMSegi Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:44 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I would love if that was true, but we have been told several times to not rely on it. Which is...weird, arguably, but it's a GMs fault for not knowing about his picks, not pick trackers.

The reason for that is so everything can be double checked. We've actually had situations where a team used a pick, they didn't actually possess in a draft. Cleaning up a mess like that is not fun. If GMs actually kept track of their own picks, they can tell the pick tracker and HO if it isn't up to date and a slacking pick tracker can be reprimanded or replaced. If everyone blindly trusts the pick tracker, no one realizes when he stops updating and terrible messes happen.

Thanks for bringing back the nightmares...

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

05-19-2020, 06:50 PMVandy Wrote: Imagine being so drunk and not knowing you traded 3 picks but are still able to log onto discord on time for the draft, talk coherently, make 3 trades and still have people defend you with the line "hE wAs DrUnK"

So so drunk.

no one is using that as a defence, the issue here is that this one extreme offence, as opposed to two seperate ones

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

[Image: 689687299096707303.png?v=1]

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

05-19-2020, 06:50 PMJNH Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:41 PMml002 Wrote: I don't get why everyone is up in arms. Appeals exist for a reason and our current ownership group is as active it's ever been. Calm down and wait for the appeal response

Uh, no one's really that up in arms.  It's just Buffalo memeing, 90% of people asking for a thread team and then some surprisingly measured takes.

Like people are going to meme in any thread like this one.

05-19-2020, 06:51 PMFlareon Wrote: dankoa with the single worst take I've ever seen
this just isn’t true

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I think the conversation that needs to come out of this needs to be "What constitutes as an offense?" Because what I am seeing is that there is enough divide on the subject for it to be defined.

Now, should he be suspended for a while? Absolutely. Drunk or not, he traded the same pick 3 times and that should be punished.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

05-19-2020, 06:49 PMdankoa Wrote: Posting recipes in big threads is easily the worst trend I’ve seen on this site since I joined
I guess it just gives you another reason to be glad you didn't draft me

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

05-19-2020, 06:41 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:23 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote: There will always be a certain subsection of any population online that exists only to stir the pot and rile up drama. The best way to deal with it is always to ignore it because ultimately they don't know what they're talking about.

I agree, and as much as I want to ignore it, I can't. To watch a certain group of people only come in here to dunk on a guy at his lowest with zero repercussions is yet another glaring error in the way the site conducts itself. And the worst part? These people don't care, don't think there's anything wrong with what they're doing, and will continue doing it since they "aren't actually breaking the rules."

I feel bad for Ace losing a job he clearly loves and are very dedicated about. The rule is pretty freaking clear and there's precedent.

That being said, stop playing the victim. Almost all teams on the site does this when it affects someone that's not in their clique. Minny trading for McZ, McZ not getting any more chances at being a GM. Hamilton STSH shit. The list goes on and on. Everyone piles on if the right person/team is on the receiving end.

Get off your high horse.

RETIRED

05-19-2020, 06:49 PMdankoa Wrote: Posting recipes in big threads is easily the worst trend I’ve seen on this site since I joined

should start a recipes thread instead i agree with you recipes in announcement/spicy threads are stupid as fuck

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

05-19-2020, 06:48 PMSegi Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:44 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I would love if that was true, but we have been told several times to not rely on it. Which is...weird, arguably, but it's a GMs fault for not knowing about his picks, not pick trackers.

The reason for that is so everything can be double checked. We've actually had situations where a team used a pick, they didn't actually possess in a draft. Cleaning up a mess like that is not fun. If GMs actually kept track of their own picks, they can tell the pick tracker and HO if it isn't up to date and a slacking pick tracker can be reprimanded or replaced. If everyone blindly trusts the pick tracker, no one realizes when he stops updating and terrible messes happen.

The double checking argument is one I really don't like. It ends up causing everything having a full blastback at GMs rather than tagging along the parts of the process that fail when something like this occurs, simply because the eventual investigation can just point a finger at GMs head and say "You were supposed to be the last to check". Obviously I am biased as fuck, but I do really not enjoy the whole concept.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

05-19-2020, 06:50 PMKatth Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:41 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I agree, and as much as I want to ignore it, I can't. To watch a certain group of people only come in here to dunk on a guy at his lowest with zero repercussions is yet another glaring error in the way the site conducts itself. And the worst part? These people don't care, don't think there's anything wrong with what they're doing, and will continue doing it since they "aren't actually breaking the rules."

While I've posted an offtopic comment myself I do fully agree with this, but I'm glad to read that Ace isnt alone in this and has good support.

Off-topic comments weren't what I was mentioning, just so you know. Repeated attacks on Ace are. People can come in here and post recipes, talk about their days, other sports, idc. That, to me, isn't an issue.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

05-19-2020, 06:51 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:47 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote: Name and shame. Hit me with names and ill make sure they never end up on one of my teams at the very least.

Don't worry, none of them will leave Buffalo anyways.
Are you this upset about some memes being posted? My goodness

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-19-2020, 06:52 PMFrostbite Wrote: [Image: 689687299096707303.png?v=1]

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

12 pages already. Is this peak offseason?