Create Account

New England Wolfpack Punishment
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2020, 02:27 AM by Wasty.)

05-19-2020, 09:36 PMJHS Wrote:
05-19-2020, 09:24 PMjfisherr Wrote: It’s been confirmed in this thread that the pick tracker was updated before the draft so that clears that part up. The two trades that were done on draft night that included the S55 NEW 3rd were done within 45 minutes of each other, not sure how you forget what pick you traded 45 minutes prior.

Tough for Ace but this isn’t on the pick tracker, and the rule is pretty clear cut on this issue.

where has it been confirmed that the pick tracker was updated? ive only seen people saying it wasn’t.

That third trade there’s no question about but that should be the one infraction and shouldnt lose him his job, if the tracker wasnt updated with the pick
The entire time I was making offers during the draft NEW's S55 3rd was under LAP's column so the Pick Tracker WAS updated before the draft, I know it was. I actually I "think" offered it in a trade during the draft because I saw it on our list (I checked I didn't offer the NEW pick but I offered our S55 LAP 3rd and I saw the NEW one right next to it everytime.)

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

05-20-2020, 02:05 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Recipe time. A bit late to this one since I was asleep when it all started but back to provide a recipe nonetheless. This time I'm following up to @BarnabasCollins coney sauce recipe with my own family one(Also tagging @Nictox as a fellow Michigander). I promised to get him this back when we were both GM's but I never got around to writing it down. My familes style is more of a Flint Style sauce compared to Barnabas. I don't have any pictures for this one as I haven't made it in a while. This one requires a bit more equipment to make than expected, but it's stuff we have always had since we pass down the recipe. It makes a decent amount of sauce that we usually freeze for a while.

Gibbles Family Coney Sauce

Ingredients:

8 oz Kogels Beef Hotdogs(Gotta be all beef and Kogels is just the brand we always use in Michigan)
16 oz of Ground Chuck or Chuck Steak
8 oz of Beef Heart
1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
1 1/2 Tablespoon of Cumin
1 Tablespoon of Salt
1/2 Tablespoon of Black Pepper
3 Tablespoons of Paprika
1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
1 Large Sweet Onion
1 Cup of Beef Tallow(You can use Lard or Crisco here as well, it just isn't as flavorful)
1-2 Cups of Water

What You Need

Cutting Board
Chefs Knife
Meat Grinder(You could do it in a food processor but it wont be nearly as good. Since we do this in my family we always had one.)
Measuring Spoons/Cups
1 Large Bowl
Large Saucepan or Pot with cover
Stove/Heating Element

Instructions:

1.  Put your Beef Heart/Chuck Steak/Beef Hotdogs in the freezer for roughly 40 minutes to 1 hour prior to starting. We want it to be firm so it can be ground easily.

2. Use your Chef's knife to finely chop or mince your onion. You want this to be pretty small pieces. Once minced, set aside while we prepare to grind the meat.

3. Take the Meat out of the freezer and cut any larger portions into 1 inch slices or cubes(This will depend more on what type of meat grinder you have, be sure to figure this out before starting). Use your meat grinder to grind the Beef Heart, Chuck Steak(If you didn't just buy pre-ground chuck), and Beef Hotdogs(You can also just mince these by hand or use a food processor if you want, we have always just ground them with a meat grinder to get smaller pieces) into your large bowl.

4. Add the Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder to the Meat Mixture and mix well to incorporate. I usually use my hands to do this part, so either grab some gloves or just dig in. Be sure to wash your hands after to avoid cross contamination.

5. Add your Beef Tallow to the large saucepan/pot and begin to heat up. Add your minced onions to the Tallow and cook for a few minutes on high. Let the onions really start to sweat and turn translucent. You could also let them caramelize if you have extra time, but normally I don't.

6. Once the onions are cooked add your meat mixture to the saucepan and mix. We are not looking to brown the meat like you would with tacos or something similar

7. Add your Cumin, Chili Powder, Corn Starch, and Paprika to the pan. Add water until it is almost covering the meat and mix everything well. Let this simmer on medium-low heat, covered, for roughly 30-40 minutes, stirring every few minutes to make sure nothing is burning on the bottom of the pan.

8. As the sauce is cooking we are looking to reduce it to a pretty thick consistency with a more meat based appearance. That's the best way I can describe it, I will put an example of what I mean below at the end. You really just want almost no lose liquid in the sauce.

9. Once the sauce is cooked you are all set to serve on top of some Kogel Hotdogs(You want the stuff with the natural casing that has a snap when you bite into it) with some mustard and fresh onions. It's not unheard of to also add some shredded cheese as well.

Thanks for following along with one of my favorite family recipes growing up. Coney's are a bit of a tradition in Michigan and it's something my family really like to make.

Pic below is not my sauce but just one for a reference to how it should look when reduced and ready to serve.
[Image: angelos-coney-island-sauce-83197bad2e15248c7e000862.jpg]

best comment in this thread!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

05-20-2020, 02:05 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Recipe time. A bit late to this one since I was asleep when it all started but back to provide a recipe nonetheless. This time I'm following up to @BarnabasCollins coney sauce recipe with my own family one(Also tagging @Nictox as a fellow Michigander). I promised to get him this back when we were both GM's but I never got around to writing it down. My familes style is more of a Flint Style sauce compared to Barnabas. I don't have any pictures for this one as I haven't made it in a while. This one requires a bit more equipment to make than expected, but it's stuff we have always had since we pass down the recipe. It makes a decent amount of sauce that we usually freeze for a while.

Gibbles Family Coney Sauce

Ingredients:

8 oz Kogels Beef Hotdogs(Gotta be all beef and Kogels is just the brand we always use in Michigan)
16 oz of Ground Chuck or Chuck Steak
8 oz of Beef Heart
1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
1 1/2 Tablespoon of Cumin
1 Tablespoon of Salt
1/2 Tablespoon of Black Pepper
3 Tablespoons of Paprika
1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
1 Large Sweet Onion
1 Cup of Beef Tallow(You can use Lard or Crisco here as well, it just isn't as flavorful)
1-2 Cups of Water

What You Need

Cutting Board
Chefs Knife
Meat Grinder(You could do it in a food processor but it wont be nearly as good. Since we do this in my family we always had one.)
Measuring Spoons/Cups
1 Large Bowl
Large Saucepan or Pot with cover
Stove/Heating Element

Instructions:

1.  Put your Beef Heart/Chuck Steak/Beef Hotdogs in the freezer for roughly 40 minutes to 1 hour prior to starting. We want it to be firm so it can be ground easily.

2. Use your Chef's knife to finely chop or mince your onion. You want this to be pretty small pieces. Once minced, set aside while we prepare to grind the meat.

3. Take the Meat out of the freezer and cut any larger portions into 1 inch slices or cubes(This will depend more on what type of meat grinder you have, be sure to figure this out before starting). Use your meat grinder to grind the Beef Heart, Chuck Steak(If you didn't just buy pre-ground chuck), and Beef Hotdogs(You can also just mince these by hand or use a food processor if you want, we have always just ground them with a meat grinder to get smaller pieces) into your large bowl.

4. Add the Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder to the Meat Mixture and mix well to incorporate. I usually use my hands to do this part, so either grab some gloves or just dig in. Be sure to wash your hands after to avoid cross contamination.

5. Add your Beef Tallow to the large saucepan/pot and begin to heat up. Add your minced onions to the Tallow and cook for a few minutes on high. Let the onions really start to sweat and turn translucent. You could also let them caramelize if you have extra time, but normally I don't.

6. Once the onions are cooked add your meat mixture to the saucepan and mix. We are not looking to brown the meat like you would with tacos or something similar

7. Add your Cumin, Chili Powder, Corn Starch, and Paprika to the pan. Add water until it is almost covering the meat and mix everything well. Let this simmer on medium-low heat, covered, for roughly 30-40 minutes, stirring every few minutes to make sure nothing is burning on the bottom of the pan.

8. As the sauce is cooking we are looking to reduce it to a pretty thick consistency with a more meat based appearance. That's the best way I can describe it, I will put an example of what I mean below at the end. You really just want almost no lose liquid in the sauce.

9. Once the sauce is cooked you are all set to serve on top of some Kogel Hotdogs(You want the stuff with the natural casing that has a snap when you bite into it) with some mustard and fresh onions. It's not unheard of to also add some shredded cheese as well.

Thanks for following along with one of my favorite family recipes growing up. Coney's are a bit of a tradition in Michigan and it's something my family really like to make.

Pic below is not my sauce but just one for a reference to how it should look when reduced and ready to serve.
[Image: angelos-coney-island-sauce-83197bad2e15248c7e000862.jpg]
i appreciate ur recipes

05-20-2020, 02:11 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:49 PMdankoa Wrote: Posting recipes in big threads is easily the worst trend I’ve seen on this site since I joined
Yeah, people need to stop doing that.
I don't plan on stopping so.... Outlungus

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Hoping New England remains resilient during this calamity and rebounds stronger than ever

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

If cheating in the playoffs wont get you fired - Ace should not get fired in this situation either. Some kind of punishment is in place though, if I understood the case correctly: short period between the trades during draft hours + little drinkie winkie = mess. No sympathy for alcohol related ´accidents´, perhaps this was a honest mistake, but when drinkie winkie is involved, this is exactly what you expect to happen.

Would still like to say that during my time in New England everything has been fine, Ace and the management run the place well, in my eyes getting fired now would be harsh, especially if comparing this to some other cases where no firings took place.

What the cinnamon toast fuck is going on with the shitstorms these days.

You've all turned into Betty fucking Crocker or something?

05-20-2020, 04:06 AMMac Wrote: What the cinnamon toast fuck is going on with the shitstorms these days.

C’mon Mac you’re really showing your age here, atleast update with a more recent chef. Bobby Flay, Gordon Ramsey, Anthony Bourdain (RIP), hell even Emeril Lagasse? Wolfgang Puck? Tongue

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

05-20-2020, 02:20 AMWasty Wrote:
05-19-2020, 09:36 PMJHS Wrote: where has it been confirmed that the pick tracker was updated? ive only seen people saying it wasn’t.

That third trade there’s no question about but that should be the one infraction and shouldnt lose him his job, if the tracker wasnt updated with the pick
The entire time I was making offers during the draft NEW's S55 3rd was under LAP's column so the Pick Tracker WAS updated before the draft, I know it was. I actually I "think" offered it in a trade during the draft because I saw it on our list (I checked I didn't offer the NEW pick but I offered our S55 LAP 3rd and I saw the NEW one right next to it everytime.)

It's possible that the tracker was updated in your column, but not in NEW's. Unfortunately I've seen a pick being in there under two teams before.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

05-20-2020, 04:06 AMMac Wrote: What the cinnamon toast fuck is going on with the shitstorms these days.

i respect this response

Page 21 and counting...

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

05-20-2020, 05:14 AMKatth Wrote: Page 21 and counting...
Im only on page 7. Fix your settings.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

05-20-2020, 05:20 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
05-20-2020, 05:14 AMKatth Wrote: Page 21 and counting...
Im only on page 7. Fix your settings.

I bet he doesn't even use dark mode for the forums either

05-20-2020, 01:51 AMMutedfaith Wrote: getting caught using RL incentives to get players to sign with him doesn't really help his case here either.

bro did i miss a drama

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

05-20-2020, 01:31 AMAvakael Wrote:
05-20-2020, 01:12 AMMazatt Wrote: "It's okay for people to openly mock a bad situation and call them out for it"
Gets called out for people not liking it
Gets upset about people calling them out

Bruh I think you're fighting both sides of you're battle here.

Honestly, I'm mostly just astonished at how sheltered some people are to think that the scattered image macros posted over the last 30 hours or so constitute something diabolical. This is all quite tame for the SHL. The entire punishment thread has been quite tame. Things have been gradually getting tamer over the years, and that's a good thing, because it used to be pretty vile when I started playing. Nobody on Buffalo has anything against Ace. Given that the draft he was trading in has already happened, I'm not sure he can win his appeal- I hope he does, though. But you can't convince me this isn't funny.

if this thread is "quite tame" maybe you should stop doing it.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]