Create Account

S53 SHL Awards Show

05-26-2020, 10:24 AMKeygan Wrote:
05-26-2020, 10:09 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: With that being said, these are still the SHL Awards and 90% of the things we vote on are exclusively SHL-related. There is only one Award where non-SHL contributions are even a factor and due to that, I think it is completely fair that "being super knowledgable about all things SMJHL" is not part of the job-description for the SHL Awards Committee. After all, there also are the SMJHL Awards specifically for all things SMJHL, with people who dedicate most of their time on the site to this aspect of it do their best to come to the best possible decisions in their are of expertise. Every SMJHL contribution be it player or member wise is already eligible for that so you essentially get to double-dip for your SMJHL contributions which, yes, might make it a bit harder to get recognition in the SHL Awards for something that you already got an SMJHL Award for. This hasn't factored into my personal decision but I know that it did for some other people who thought very highly of Kalakar.

If the people at be in the SMJHL are so concerned about the SMJHL being hard to recognize as an SHL awards team maybe they should create a new award in the SMJHL for the most dedicated in that league. I mean hell, how many times do we even see a person nominated for their juniors work in the MAJORS award show. It is really uncommon.

You guys did great, keep it up.
The SHL =/= The Site

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

05-26-2020, 10:34 AMthecanadiancanuck Wrote:
05-26-2020, 10:24 AMKeygan Wrote: If the people at be in the SMJHL are so concerned about the SMJHL being hard to recognize as an SHL awards team maybe they should create a new award in the SMJHL for the most dedicated in that league. I mean hell, how many times do we even see a person nominated for their juniors work in the MAJORS award show. It is really uncommon.

We do have a Most Dedicated award in the SMJHL, called the Zach Miller Trophy.

big yikes on who they named that one after

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

i just want to say i'm proud of shl for having the Littleton be the most controversial award this season, while still recognizing all the nominees as good (except Luketd womp womp)

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

05-26-2020, 10:34 AMthecanadiancanuck Wrote:
05-26-2020, 10:24 AMKeygan Wrote: If the people at be in the SMJHL are so concerned about the SMJHL being hard to recognize as an SHL awards team maybe they should create a new award in the SMJHL for the most dedicated in that league. I mean hell, how many times do we even see a person nominated for their juniors work in the MAJORS award show. It is really uncommon.

We do have a Most Dedicated award in the SMJHL, called the Zach Miller Trophy.

Why aren’t we giving Kalakar the Zach Miller award and calling it a day? What’s the big deal?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

05-26-2020, 10:57 AMKeygan Wrote:
05-26-2020, 10:34 AMthecanadiancanuck Wrote: We do have a Most Dedicated award in the SMJHL, called the Zach Miller Trophy.

Why aren’t we giving Kalakar the Zach Miller award and calling it a day? What’s the big deal?
Zach Miller is most dedicated player, not user
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 11:23 AM by Ferda.)

05-26-2020, 10:34 AMthecanadiancanuck Wrote: We do have a Most Dedicated award in the SMJHL, called the Zach Miller Trophy.

So what you're saying is that him not simming 1 out of the other 3 sims pushes him out of contention for the SHL award and should be given a (albeit, subjectively) less important award in the SMJHL? We only have 4 official sims that occur on this site, the SHL, SMJHL, IIHF and the WJC, if you did not know that already. It's a slap in the face to be given an award from the "juniors" because it belittles someone's work when Kalakar simmed, actively improved the sim and poured his soul into receiving the Littleton, an award that recognizes MAJOR contributions to the site.

Does he need to sim the entire site for you and the select members of the awards committee to recognize that he sacrificed so much of his personal life for a simulation hockey site and received no official recognition of his work?

Also, if you're thinking of the SHL, then you need people like Kalakar to put in the extra hours to make the experience better for those in the SMJHL. Without people like him continuing to push the quality of the entire site for the better, how would we further increase our player growth (and retention) on the site without making their initial experience on the site as good as it can be? There have been a multitude of people who cite that the SMJHL sim and streams have been extremely enjoyable and are one of the main reasons they choose the SHL/SMJHL as one of their favorite leagues to follow. You can't just ignore one's contributions to the entire site as a whole and simply package it into the lesser of the 2 awards just because it wasn't "the SHL" or the "major" league.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

05-26-2020, 10:46 AM.bojo Wrote: i just want to say i'm proud of shl for having the Littleton be the most controversial award this season, while still recognizing all the nominees as good (except Luketd womp womp)

:(

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-26-2020, 11:10 AMluketd Wrote:
05-26-2020, 10:46 AM.bojo Wrote: i just want to say i'm proud of shl for having the Littleton be the most controversial award this season, while still recognizing all the nominees as good (except Luketd womp womp)

:(
<3 I love your dedication brother, you were a well deserved nominee too

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

It was requested to be recipe time so here we go. This one is less home friendly, it's something I did on my last day working in a restaurant because I could. I'm sure you could do it at home with a lot of prep but the prep would basically mean you already made the stuff for like 2-3 regular meals.

I present the Abomination Pizza

Ingredients: Most of these will just be listed without amounts, I made a pizza by throwing stuff on top. The right amount is however much it takes to get some good coverage on the pizza. All the meats are already cooked, and other stuff is prepped like you would find in a restaurant.

2 14 inch pizza dough balls(You could do it with 1 but it's gonna lose some structural integrity)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Sliced Provolone Cheese
Sliced Pepperjack Cheese
BBQ Sauce(Our house sauce was similar to Sweet Baby Rays)
French Fries
Onion Rings
Pepperoni
Sausage
Bacon(cut up into small chunks)
Shredded Beef w/Taco Seasoning
Diced Green Bell Peppers(You could use jalapeno's here if you like more spice, I prefer the bell peppers taste. )
Caramalized Onions
Melted Garlic Butter
Diced Oregano/Basil/Cilantro Mix
Flour for the pizza paddle

What you need:
Pizza Oven(You could do it in a regular oven like any pizza, it just wont be as good. If using a home oven, I suggest using a pizza stone)
Pizza Paddle
Pizza Cutter
Big spoon/rubber spatula for smoothing out the ingredients

Directions: Most of this will be assembly

1. Start heating the Pizza Oven(or regular oven if you are at home). You want it hot and ready to cook the pizza fast. In the restaurant we were around 700 degrees F, at home you want something like 450-500. Going to take a bit longer at home just due to the difference in the ovens.

2. Take your 2 Pizza dough balls and combine to form one bigger ball. Stretch out to roughly a 16 inch circle but put some extra dough on the edges. This is to act as a bit of a guard on the ends to keep it all in. Takes some time to get used to stretching the dough out, but fresh dough makes a much better pizza.

3. Flour your pizza paddle and put the dough on top. We are going to build it on the paddle because it's going to be a chonker.

4. Take your Garlic Butter and apply it to the edges of the pizza crust.
Then lay down a layer of Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese. You want everything but the crust covered here.
Now get the BBQ Sauce and spoon/spread a thin layer over the cheese.
Next layer is going to be the Caramelized Onions. Make this layer more spaced out, gaps are okay.
Next layer is Bacon, liberally sprinkle it over the Onion layer.
Layer 5 is French Fries. You want to try and make a pretty decent coverage of these, but only like 1 fry heightwise since we have a ways to go.
Cover all of this in the Shredded Cheddar Cheese. We want a good coverage
Next up is the Taco Shredded Beef. Since it is shredded you should be able to almost spread it out to cover.
Sprinkle the Diced Green Bell Peppers for out next layer.
Next cover it up with a layer of Pepperoni. Gaps are fine here as well.
Cover this with a layer of the Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Remember to try and keep each layer somewhat level as we go.
Now add a layer of Sausage on top of the Mozzarella.
On top of this will be the Onion Rings. I didn't use too many just a few scattered over the top honestly.
Sprinkle the top with your Diced Oregano/Basil/Cilantro Mix
Cover the top with sliced Provolone Cheese just like you did on the bottom with the Pepper Jack. You want almost complete coverage.

4. Take your pizza paddle and carefully insert the pizza into the pizza oven. We used 2 people to do this as my pizza was roughly 10 lbs before it went into the oven.

The pizza should cook in roughly 10-15 minutes(Longer times in a regular oven in home obviously). Open the oven every 3-4 minutes to rotate and make sure the dough it not burning we want a nice golden crust here.

5. Remove the pizza from the oven with your pizza paddle and allow it to cool for roughly 4-5 minutes. It's going to be hot and heavy. You want time for the cheese to cool slightly to help bind things together as well as not burn the roof of your mouth.

6. Cut with your pizza cutter into the normal pizza slices, one slice was good for a single meal from my recollection. The taste was actually a lot better than expected. It was a glorious combination of a taco, burger, and pizza all in one.

I really don't expect anyone to try this one out but I offered it to the person who wanted a recipe so here it is. This was also basically my going away gift on my last day at the restaurant. Normally they would have charged $30-35 bucks for all the stuff used, but I only paid like $12-13.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Because Kal doesn’t have a SMJHL player and that’s the eligibility requirement.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

05-26-2020, 10:24 AMKeygan Wrote:
05-26-2020, 10:09 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: With that being said, these are still the SHL Awards and 90% of the things we vote on are exclusively SHL-related. There is only one Award where non-SHL contributions are even a factor and due to that, I think it is completely fair that "being super knowledgable about all things SMJHL" is not part of the job-description for the SHL Awards Committee. After all, there also are the SMJHL Awards specifically for all things SMJHL, with people who dedicate most of their time on the site to this aspect of it do their best to come to the best possible decisions in their are of expertise. Every SMJHL contribution be it player or member wise is already eligible for that so you essentially get to double-dip for your SMJHL contributions which, yes, might make it a bit harder to get recognition in the SHL Awards for something that you already got an SMJHL Award for. This hasn't factored into my personal decision but I know that it did for some other people who thought very highly of Kalakar.

If the people at be in the SMJHL are so concerned about the SMJHL being hard to recognize as an SHL awards team maybe they should create a new award in the SMJHL for the most dedicated in that league. I mean hell, how many times do we even see a person nominated for their juniors work in the MAJORS award show. It is really uncommon.

Ilike

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4518867]

mfw i don't get the award. But congrats @Bonk you seriously deserve this one!

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48