Create Account

S54 PT #1 - A New Focus

I tweaked my build a little, which I'm sure most people opted to do, but I didn't make any drastic changes. I started last season with about 900 TPE which really isn't all that much, just enough to start a SHL skeleton build. Now that I'm a little over 1100 it's starting to flesh out. The plan was to be a two-way forward, and that appears to be a solid FHM archetype. The biggest thing I used my redistribution for was my physical ratings. Going into last season it seemed like they were all good choices and I ended the season with 15 in everything aside from fighting. However after having seen how stuff played out, I decided to lower my acceleration, agility and speed to 12/12/13 for the time being. With that TPE along with the extra earned from my initial build I improved my passing, checking, stickchecking, and defensive read to 17 each. As a center I've always believed in improving my defensive stats first in order to be more helpful to the team.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Despite having had a completely garbage first season with FHM, I didn't change my build too drastically with redistribution. Mostly because I have over 1900 TPE, so there's plenty to go around and only so many places to put it. The one semi big thing I did was pull a bunch of TPE from screening, which I think I had all the way up to 18 and I put that TPE into the one physical stat that was lower than the others. Hopefully that'll help a little, but I'm honestly not holding my breath since I feel like my old build did fine in IIHF, so it's probably not a build issue and is rather a usage issue. And there's not anything at all that I can do about that except cross my fingers and hope things are a little less shitty this season, right? Anyway, HFM sucks. Change my mind, ssn 54. Or don't, whatever.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

This offseason I worked to solidify my offensive talents. I worked on getting my front of the net presence up so that I could work with my teams long range shooting abilities.  My team likes to shoot, but they do not have a solid finisher so that is where I come in. Last season I was definitely not at my best. I took a lot of shots but with my limited range I wasnt shooting with the accuracy that I wanted.  So this offseason I also worked on range a lot.  I think I slotted into the perfect role of a garbage collector last season and I look to build on it this season. I am going to be getting some top line PP minutes which is a huge improvement from last season where I played second line.  This season I am going to be using my time on ice to train my defensive talents.  I had a lot of giveaways this past season and I want to reduce my defensive liability and strengthen my second linemates to become a better 1 2 anvil that crushes the teams before us.  Keep the pressure on and rage on.

[Image: seamsu_500.png?ex=66b438d3&is=66b2e753&h...96a382d50&]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Coming off of last season’s championship, the coaches wanted me to work on the mental side of my game. Getting better at reading the play on the defensive side of the puck as well as my positioning in both ends of the ice. Was was given the encouragement to succeed in my new training regime and I feel that I have successfully reached the goals the coaching staff has put fourth.
I’ve been reading a lot of books. Because books make you smarter. So I have that going for me. With all these books and training I’m hoping to get on the second pair. I think I have shown that I can be an offensive asset with all of my breakaway goals, but with all these word books? The sky is the limit I think. Therefore I am...
Holy shit. You see that? The books are working.
My read must be leveling up.

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

With the disappointing ending to the season that the St. Louis Scarecrows had, I talked with my coaches about where to focus my off-season training. I spent the majority of my rookie season working on my speed and defense, which hindered my offensive capabilities. I was given time on the penalty kill because of this and worked hard to make sure I performed well there. However, the coaches asked me to add more offense to my capabilities to round me out as a player.
During the off-season, I hired a new trainer to help me round out my abilities. We realized I could continue to use my speed and agility to help out offensively if I practiced the right skills. To accomplish this, we worked on my ability to break from defenders and a strong first pass. After seeing that I was performing adequately, we then incorporated shooting exercises. The goal was to help transform me into a mobile defenseman who was comfortable with the puck and what to do with it. The hope, is that these training will allow me to push for more ice-time as well as be a secondary scoring option on the power-play. This season will determine if that training paid off.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

I wanted to be more of an offesnive threat. I felt like Kaspars had and was good at the end of the season, especially in the playoffs when he had enough stamina in his build. I noticed that my Defensive Ratings were good every game. We came up short which is the bad part, but I felt like I had done my part from the beginning to he end of the season. There was progression in my defensive play but I finished with like 17 points which was very disappointing. The Specters as a season was very low scoring and we relied a lot on Aleister Cain and to me, I think we need to help him out. We have a goaltender like that holding the fort down and the 5 guys infront of him had a tough time to really help him and put the puck in the opposite net. If we can get some help from the defensive players with them snapping the puck up the ice and really generating offensive chances, that would make us win more games in my opinion. Thats why I worked mostly on Getting Open and Offensive Read and Positioning. The hockey IQ will help me help the guys and help the Specters be more effective this season.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

I worked on a pretty balanced improvement over many stats this offseason. In my meeting with the coaches at the end of the last season, we went over the season and where to improve, and the consensus was pretty much I'm on a good path so far, let's just keep working and improving those areas. So together with the training staff I worked hard to get a little more muscle, work a lot on my core power and balance, and spent 2 hours every day working on shooting. I should be able to put the puck into the back of the net this season with higher frequency.
I did start to work on my checking and hitting a bit as well, generating more power and work on my tracking ability. I ended last season pretty healthy in the hit number category, so I need to work on my positioning and ability to actually strip the puck when I do hit.
Through the season I want to work on my strength and speed a little, as well as shore up any defensive gaps I might have, because I should be seeing some decent amount of PK time.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Curiously enough, I ended up not needing to actually use the redistribution, despite being in a spot where I was going to fill whatever Carolina needed on the first line with what our other players were building. I mostly wanted to do this just so that everyone could have the player that they wanted to build, but it turned out that everything came together to let me do what I wanted to do from the beginning. I kept Wagner's iconic speed where it was already tearing up the SMJHL and providing ample opportunities on offense and defense, but also pumped his strength and offensive prowess to really amplify the threat that the athleticism provided to the first line.

With the 91 banked TPE available after the update, I chose to bump a number of attributes: Get Open, Passing, Puck Handling, Shooting Range, Offensive Read, Checking, Hitting, Stamina, and Strength.

With the number of opportunities Wagner was creating on a weaker Carolina team, I wanted to turn these play by play appearances into more points, and those felt like the best way to get that done, while hitting being the lone defensively focused attribute I was bringing up with the last of my TPE. Strength seemed to be a big weakness given then number of contested pucks that we were losing, and it was low to begin with so that made a lot of sense. It also allows for more fleshing out of the "physical force" character and player I like to draft in sports games and that I imagine Wagner becoming.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 02:11 PM by StamkosFan.)

After being shutdown in the playoffs by a more physical, gritty team, Ron Mexico winner Ola Wagstrom has decided to play a completely different role. Rather than being a screening sniper who hangs around in the slot, he is moving further out and getting tougher. The primary changes were upgrading his balance and strength, in order to help him stay on the puck and reduce turnovers. He needs to be able to stand up to pressure when hounded by opposing defensemen. He is not sacrificing his shooting prowess or his magnificent speed to achieve this upgrade, but he is simply modeling his new and improved style on the successful strategy employed by the Hamilton Steelhawks. If you can’t beat them, join ‘em, they say, and thus Wagstrom has been eager to adapt their ways into his existing skills and to mix things up. Postseason success counts more than impressive numbers or hardware, and with his drive to win a Cup unwavering, he is willing to do whatever it takes.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Well going into this season, being currently unsigned, I haven't had a chance to sit down with any coaches to discuss what they wanted me to work on and focus on. Instead I decided to really work on my offensive game, especially after a low scoring season last year. I would like to really improving my scoring and speed to really provide a lot better push on the attack. I know that if I put in the time I could truly add some secondary scoring to a team that needs some depth, especially if I continue working. One other area I would like to improve is my defensive side of the puck, last season I finished the season as a -8, I would really like to turn that around this upcoming year and end up on the positive side.

I don't know where I will be this upcoming season and not sure what my role or lineup pos. will be, but once I figure that out I will adjust from there.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

I’ve been working on getting a bit more of an all-around game than last season. I’ve been talking to my coaches in Carolina as well as some from the Panthers, and they’ve been helping me with some of the workouts and drills I should be doing this offseason. Last season I tried to get by with just my agility and puck handling, and it seems like that kind of limited me as a playmaker. I’m still working on those things, because they’re the cornerstone of my game, but I’ve been trying to build up some things to complement that. In particular, I’ve been bulking up since I was getting pushed off the puck a bit too much last season. Same reason why I’ve tried to become an all-around better skater. I’ve also been working on my shot, so I can become a bit more of a scoring threat rather than being just one-dimensional on offense, and studying a lot of game tape to be able to contribute better on defense.

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

Given the fact that Olivier was traded from the Tampa Bay Barracuda to the New Orleans Specters as part of Tampa's complete desecration of their roster in the name of rebuilding, his focus in the offseason was on getting to know the Specters organization and what the coaches wanted from him. He had a pretty abysmal season, in part because the entire team had an atrocious season, but no professional hockey player is going to slack off after that kind of performance, and Olivier is no different--he really wants to come in and make the assets New Orleans traded for him worth it. He didn't change too much in his approach to hockey, though. He's always going to be that small, speedy player that focuses on getting pucks to the back of the net rather than playing any kind of aggressively physical game. He'll dig around in the corners and get pucks deep, but he a sniper, snip snip.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 02:55 PM by .bojo.)

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

My player did quite well last season. He actually had his best year statistically. With that in mind I wasn't eager to tweak too much, but I did however move a few things around so to better gel with the rest of the team and cleanup a few attributes I may have weighted too heavily the first time around. I thought the new sim engine would be similar to the previous in that speed is rewarded over strength, but it looks like the two are more evenly weighed in the new sim. As a result I took some points out of acceleration and agility and placed it in strength and balance. My guy may not be as agile now, but he's more solid and I'm hoping he'll be able to set new career highs again in S54. Outside of that I didn't tweak too much. My player is still going to be a shooter and an offensive threat from the blue line. With the latest big update I also buffed up my defensive play, most notably defensive read, to match what a lot of the elite defenders in the league have. I'm hoping that will help my player have a better all around game so he isn't reduced to a 1 dimensional role. I'm excited to see how everyone's builds fare in S54!

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

For the upcoming season my coach was telling me to work harder on my skating. The organization was quite happy with my gameplay overall, especially on the defensive side of the puck, but we all thought that I could get my skating to another level for the upcoming season. So, all offseason i have been training hard and putting in the work to improve my skating. I've been doing a lot of strength training on the legs and doing a lot of drills that will help me in game situations when skating through tight areas and in and out of traffic. I think I'm going to be a lot harder to push off the puck this season because I have been mostly working on my balance and puck handling in tandem with each other. Through all of that I've also improved how quick I am on my feet. I think that's going to give me a little extra of an edge this season. I'm really excited to put all the work I've been doing this offseason to the test and see how I can improve on last season for my team.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]