Create Account

S54 PT #1 - A New Focus

This off season the Head Office was kind enough to give everyone a free player redistribution. My player Corey Kennedy, took this opportunity to make himself a bit stronger and a bit more balanced. I was also able to give him a more of a puck moving role and a bigger checking role. This allows his to play more offensive and more defensive. We saw a lot of players do this, so it was not something special, but definitely needed. The balance of defense in all the roles is something different in Franchise Hockey Manager, then it was in Simon T. In SimonT we saw people using Defense as positioning and in Franchise Hockey Manager, there is a whole skill called positioning. Instead checking looks to be the most important for keeping the puck on your stick and forcing the puck off the defenders. Which is good, becuase than you can focus elsewhere and have a better idea of how effective you are as a player.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Like many if not basically all the other users in the simulation hockey league I decided that after a season of relative mediocrity that parts of my build definitely needed alternation coming into the new season. Despite having higher tpe than any other defenseman in the league and having genuinely good all round stats across the board I was fairly poor offensively and only decent defensively. Therefore with regression biting into my total I decided to spread a lot of my tpe out, removing the 19s and opting to boost some of my 17s up to 18s. Probably the biggest area I focused on would have to be physical. I increased the level of everything but speed which I dropped slightly especially targeting physical presence stats. As well as this I boosted getting open although really last season it wasn't a lack of shots that cost me rather than just not scoring on the ones I took.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I changed up my build, not a whole bunch but I wanted to optimize Pepperoni a bit more. Last season I didn't know exactly what would be good and what would be bad stat-wise. I know in STHS there was a lot of stats that didn't do what you would think they do. I figured we'd go through a similar learning curve with FHM so I didn't want to accidentally cripple my player by not putting stats into what seemed like something insignificant but ended up being crucial for success. This resulted in me making a very even player build. It was quite successful and resulted in me being a second-team all-star but with a season of experience and seeing what worked well for other teams I was able to get a better idea of what stats were important for personal and team expense.

The major changes I made were lowering a few of my defensive stats and some less than desirable physical stats to make Pepperoni a bit better offensively. With the changes Julio Tokolosh made to his build, we're hoping we can gain some good chemistry!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

The Coaching staff told me to tear up the league next season, so naturally, Im putting more effort into some offensive production, to strengthen being one of the strongest defenseive defensemen in the league last season. Hopefully gone will be the days of shooting sub 10 % and I can get some more goals, more production on the power play and generally help LAP to claim their rightful place near the top of the league. Who knows how successful it'll be, but im optimistic that I can make the most of this season and truly brake out into the top echelon of SHL players, marking my name down as a true elite, who will contend for the hall of fame. It may be a long road, but finally Im going to embrace the style that has always suited my player best, of just being an all out dickhead, because that's the best way.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

The last season for the San Francisco Pride was not one that will be remembered fondly. Personal performance was fine, but it seemed that I was really lacking in the goal scoring department for what my role was to be on the team. Over the summer, the Pride held extensive training sessions with the crew, and moved people around the lineup in order to best fit the direction of the team. Personally, I focused on hammering home my accuracing, and other shooting skills so that I can be that reliable goal scorer for the Pride. We have a ton of people who have the ability to set up, so I really needed to focus to ensure that when the puck found my stick in front of the net, that I was able to nail it home. I think this will go a long way for the Pride this season, and I am hoping to help lead the team back to the playoffs and work towards the first championship in team history.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Hello here! Is poopity scoop! The winner of the Scott Stevens trophy from last season! You should be proud of me for my achievements. I did very well last season in my performance on the defence for the buffalo stampede. I was the best defenseman in the entire simulation Hockey League. I did everything! I scored many points. And I did very well on the defence side. But now it has come time for the dreaded regression. Do you know regression? It is a bad thing man. I must adjust and do what I must. So how are you doing it is that I will go more defensive decision. May not see the big scoring assist man poopity scoop this time around! But I will still be a great player on the ice. I will be exiting my big buddy on these opponents. And I will be punishing them with hits and nice stick checks and using all the correct methods to help our rookie goaltender Elizabeth Doyle be a very good player and win some award this season.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Player's perspective: I changed a lot of things about my game this off-season. Going into the SHL from the SMJHL, I got to better utilize my hours and put them towards my actual performance on the ice. My coaches wanted me to develop my body physically, so something I did this summer was just improve the canvas of my body to get faster and stronger. A lot of guys in the league are at the top of their game's physically, so it made sense for me to catch up. Another thing that my trainers made me work on was solidfying my defensive ability just a little. I used the off-season to work on my ability to try and score the puck and then hustle back on defense. I worked on being able to hit and wear down the other team, but I didn't do that great of a job at it. This season my goal is just to have the best rookie season possible. Being on the second line in Winnipeg will give me a chance to do that.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

For Bobby Sharp most of this offseason was staying the course. Sharp has been growing as a strong counter-attacking forward that's bringing both a solid defensive and offensive game. Most of his efforts this off season had him focusing on that so that management and coaches at Buffalo could utilize him in potentially all facets of play - 5 on 5, PK, PP, final minutes time, you name it. Sharp's training regiment had him focusing on both his brains and his brawn. Hours of tape was reviewed to better hohne his read of the game. Sharp also had a very intensive strength training regiment to add some muscle to his body. The hope his he'll be stronger on the puck and have a better eye for where it needs to go when he has it and where it's going when he doesn't. Coming off a Gold medal win with team USA over the off season, Sharp has is eye on his second cup win this SHL season.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

EVO: I aim to disgust more on this topic in more detain in a blog post of mine, but it doesn't hurt to explain the teaser. Alright then, so to begin with, after the IIHF ended for another season, I needed to travel abroad. There, I caught up with family, but I also spent a good chunk of my time on ice rinks throughout the country. Honestly, each different ice rink was like seeing a different part of me. But to me, it was more than that. It was changing how I played. In Colorado, I was free to snipe at will, with little consequences. Now, I can't really get as much as a look in there, and that exposes my lack of defense. I guess it was a frustrating knowing that I fail to score whilst my opposite number does so with ease. So my time abroad was to break down everything I knew and start again. I won't be sniping as much......but maybe I'll pick that up again another time. But for now, I'm just going to work on my physicals and my defense. And I guess I can also say that I'm not alone, but again, that's for a later post.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

The only thing that I really changed to my build this offseason from last season is put more points into offensive attributes. Other than that I added some points here and there to both my defensive and physical attributes. It wasn't that drastic of a change overall though since I'm still at a relatively low tpe. After quite a disappointing rookie season that saw me only get 8 points and playing mediocre defense, these changes will hopefully help me reach my goal of a defensive playmaking defenseman and to actually help out my team. As for what I learned from last season's pilot season was how important some stats are compared to others and how some attributes can cap out their usefulness at certain points. Also learned that having a lot of stats that are relatively at the same point/same number is important to keep your player well balanced and useful. Overall the stats combine together to create the payer that you are striving for so putting the bulk of your tpe into one area won't necessarily get you the result you are looking for.

So how did I adjust my player this past off-season? Well it was mostly based off regression of my player and my player’s move from center to wing. I am still trying to figure out the sim and extent to the FHM sim engine, being a user without FHM it is difficult, primarily due to the limited information being available on the site. Due to this lack of an availability of data to was had to determine how thing work in FHM. I still do not know how the lines were run last season, other than the base lines. Although I had even less information available to me before the first FHM build which I fumbled my way through that build but I must have done, something right as the FHM engine selected my player as it MVP for last season or at least that was what the screen shot I was in discord said.

Word~155

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

I definitely had a great first season with the Carolina kraken. I established myself as an integral rookie role player and dominated the league in the fight department. Now that the league knows my presence and knows my name, I’ve decided to train and focus on quarterbacking the defense rather than being a punishing presence. Of course my fighting statistics may remain high above the rest, but this is simply a supplement to my deep two way game. Last year, Carolina was full of rookies looking to prove themselves and get drafted into the show. - I was taken 2nd round - I believe I now have a chip on my shoulder; something to prove. Precious to signing in Carolina, a notable SMJHL general manager who will remain unnamed, called me “dead weight”. My entire career will be devoted to proving that son of a boat wrong. Adam Friedland is coming for blood.

This offseason, my coaches asked me to prioritize my defensive game and puckhandling. As my offensive ability has waned to a degree where every time i touch the puck i feel like i have to violently smash it into the boards, ive become very comfortable with my role as a checking 3rd liner, and i legitimately believe i provide unscored value to the team. While I do hope to once again become the offensive phenom I once was in my youth (72 points baby smjhl record never forget it), more than anything else, I want to contribute to the team that has done so much for me, and the best way to do that, for now, is to be the guy who you put on the ice against the scary players. If I ever do become one of the scary players, my defensive game will be forever helped by the offseason work I put in.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

This season will show a different Ivan Maximus than last season.  My rookie year I was 1C and while we didn't have much success I was able to snag a ton of ice time with some serious contenders.  This season I'll be lining up at 2C and believe I'll better be able to serve my role in that capacity.  As far as build goes - I completely relied on the Texas management team to direct my build.  @puolivalmiste kicked ass and helped mold the whole team and put us in the best position possible.   My role went from playmaker to a more balanced build, but I think that is a good thing all-in-all.  Using the lessons learned from last season we are working a better line chemistry and with some higher TPE players on the first line it better allows me to compete in the second line and can really show some improvement.   We looked at teams throughout the league to determine what worked well and what didn't and I think we found a good balance for making our line chemistry work while still allowing individual players to shine.

With Texas bursting out of the gates and achieving half the wins of the last season in just the first 7 games or so is a great thing.   Watch out all - Texas is going to be coming for you soon.   With this young group we'll be a real force in the coming seasons.  Hope you took the over!

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King