Create Account

Poll: Read the writing again ;)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Payment Change
0%
0 0%
Grade the articles!
0%
0 0%
Keep it the same!
0%
0 0%
I'm on the fence
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sorry, Another Poll

Additional point I wanted to make. Twitter awards an uncapped TPE each week for three sentences. Are you saying a 1,500 word original story with images isn't even worth a million? I just don't get it. If anything Media doesn't pay enough for some of the creativity that's been displayed here.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

what is there to PM?

last week i had a 1.9k word article and got 1.65mil for it.

now you're saying if i were to write 1.5k words and im getting 750k and that's IF it's a top notch article

you are essentially cutting payments in half AND forcing us to improve the quality

so not only do we need to improve the quality to get full payments but we even have to take a pay cut

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 21 2012, 07:25 PM
Additional point I wanted to make. Twitter awards an uncapped TPE each week for three sentences. Are you saying a 1,500 word original story with images isn't even worth a million? I just don't get it. If anything Media doesn't pay enough for some of the creativity that's been displayed here.

But Media is not meant to be a PT, hence why it shouldn't be compared.

Also, it pays far too much, it used to be 25k per 100 words, all article which is damn tough.

Like I said, this is a test week, we'll see how it goes and move ahead accordingly.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 21 2012, 07:26 PM
what is there to PM?

last week i had a 1.9k word article and got 1.65mil for it.

now you're saying if i were to write 1.5k words and im getting 750k and that's IF it's a top notch article

you are essentially cutting payments in half AND forcing us to improve the quality

so not only do we need to improve the quality to get full payments but we even have to take a pay cut

I'm just saying I'd rather discuss this over pm.

And no, that's not if it is a top notch article, thats a decent article at 8, if its top notch, all 10s and that gets you 1.5 mil. I'm not asking you to improve, I'm rewarding guys that are putting up the really good articles.

well you could say us jr's need what extra coin we can get in attempts to not be a career NWJHL player/scrub. If we are doing the work... why change it up...

us newbies need every chance we can get Smile lol

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

and you SHLers think you're doing something good you really aren't

it's gonna make it harder for us to become top players, eventually the current top players will re-create and also have to go through the huge junior cuts eventually by S15+ the quality of players in this league will go way down

and recruitment drives will be much longer. Nobody wants to be on a league that you need to be on here 6+ hours a day to be a decent player and maybe even more to be a top player

Quote:Originally posted by DaveSmith@Sep 21 2012, 07:30 PM
well you could say us jr's need what extra coin we can get in attempts to not be a career NWJHL player/scrub. If we are doing the work... why change it up...

us newbies need every chance we can get Smile lol

You don't need that much money. You can gain money through doing PbP's too.
And really, unless you go inactive you're not going to be a career NWJHL, if you have enough money to do training each week you will be fine.

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 21 2012, 07:33 PM
and you SHLers think you're doing something good you really aren't

it's gonna make it harder for us to become top players, eventually the current top players will re-create and also have to go through the huge junior cuts eventually by S15+ the quality of players in this league will go way down

and recruitment drives will be much longer. Nobody wants to be on a league that you need to be on here 6+ hours a day to be a decent player and maybe even more to be a top player

Hey, the guys that started in S1-S5 all had to deal with harsher working conditions than this by far and they did fine. And 6 hours a day is a way over exaggeration, you get on here for 2 hours a day and you're perfectly fine.

We did fine then, we'll do fine now. The only reason you feel like this is we've been spoiled and alright. We're doing this as a trial week and seeing how it goes okay!?!? Then we'll decide what to do from there.

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 21 2012, 07:35 PM

You don't need that much money.  You can gain money through doing PbP's too. 
And really, unless you go inactive you're not going to be a career NWJHL, if you have enough money to do training each week you will be fine.

no you won't....SHL training prices are very high

the work i put into a 2,000 word article 2 weeks ago and the work i'd put into it next week didn't change....why should my pay change?

this is the kind of stupid logic that i really am not seeing here

you can say anything you want but we are being taken advantage of atm and it's pissing me off tbh

I do think reducing the Media payments hurts activity. By asking people to double their efforts you're forcing out those that may be semi active (which is still in short supply and very much needed) and really only rewarding the super active who has time to crank out 4k articles constantly.

No Media isn't a PT, but it does take time and effort. At least I try to put time and effort into it, but there really shouldn't be all these changes every day around here. Not just in the Media section but across the League. We shouldn't be changing so many things all at the same time, and whenever we want.

I think you've done a great job as Media Director Jordan, its a time consuming job and you've done it as well as anyone can. But I just don't like the changes that keep getting made every day because it leads to different rules for different people. Some Draft classes get this or some get that. You do Media one week and get paid $100k do it the next and you get $50k. Do a Graphic one week get 4 TPE do it the next and get 2 TPE. We change too much. We need stability not randomness.

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 21 2012, 07:42 PM

no you won't....SHL training prices are very high

the work i put into a 2,000 word article 2 weeks ago and the work i'd put into it next week didn't change....why should my pay change?

this is the kind of stupid logic that i really am not seeing here

you can say anything you want but we are being taken advantage of atm and it's pissing me off tbh
One mil a week, if you literally write 2 or so 1500 articles a week and do one or two PbP's you're literally set for a year and a bit. Do more and you're living it.

And how are you being taken advantage of? I don't see that happening here and this is getting us nowhere okay?

So just literally wait 10 days, watch what happens and if the general consensus doesn't like it, it'll come back to hw it is now. How are we supposed to have evolution of we only have tunnel vision. I get it, this is what you're used to in this league but you've got to see it from multiple perspectives.

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Sep 21 2012, 07:46 PM
I do think reducing the Media payments hurts activity. By asking people to double their efforts you're forcing out those that may be semi active (which is still in short supply and very much needed) and really only rewarding the super active who has time to crank out 4k articles constantly.

No Media isn't a PT, but it does take time and effort. At least I try to put time and effort into it, but there really shouldn't be all these changes every day around here. Not just in the Media section but across the League. We shouldn't be changing so many things all at the same time, and whenever we want.

I think you've done a great job as Media Director Jordan, its a time consuming job and you've done it as well as anyone can. But I just don't like the changes that keep getting made every day because it leads to different rules for different people. Some Draft classes get this or some get that. You do Media one week and get paid $100k do it the next and you get $50k. Do a Graphic one week get 4 TPE do it the next and get 2 TPE. We change too much. We need stability not randomness.

I respect your position and I'm trying to work with this so all I'm asking of you guys is waiting one week and checking your viewpoint on this then. You never know...

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 21 2012, 07:49 PM

One mil a week, if you literally write 2 or so 1500 articles a week and do one or two PbP's you're literally set for a year and a bit.  Do more and you're living it.

And how are you being taken advantage of?  I don't see that happening here and this is getting us nowhere okay?

So just literally wait 10 days, watch what happens and if the general consensus doesn't like it, it'll come back to hw it is now.  How are we supposed to have evolution of we only have tunnel vision.  I get it, this is what you're used to in this league but you've got to see it from multiple perspectives.

So I'll just keep my articles on my computer and post them the following week and double my money.

That's the point I'm making Jordan, there's too much change and it leads to mischief around here. One set of rules and one standard. That should be the philosophy.

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 21 2012, 07:50 PM

I respect your position and I'm trying to work with this so all I'm asking of you guys is waiting one week and checking your viewpoint on this then.  You never know...

And you're going to have an easy week with no Media to grade if you're saying you're going to change it again in ten days. :lol:

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 21 2012, 07:49 PM

How are we supposed to have evolution of we only have tunnel vision.  I get it, this is what you're used to in this league but you've got to see it from multiple perspectives.

but that's the thing, this isn't progression/evolution this is taking a step backwards

like you said the league was like that S1-S5, they moved on and changed to this....going back to that isn't evolving....you've been a great media guy so far don't ruin it