Create Account

SHL Community Giving Back
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 12:24 AM by Sean.)

06-01-2020, 10:21 PMScrufdaddy Wrote: [Image: 5nciOsD.jpg]

Gojets

I'll match another $500 combined from any of my teams Jets Usa Scarecrows

This one is local to me, but I'll take suggestions on the match.  Someone tag me in when it's time to pay up.

That's absolutely amazing Smile

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 12:28 AM by hotdog.)

if people are overwhelmed with options and don't know where to give, here's a link to easily split a single donation among several different options (including some of the ones already donated to by SHLers)

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I've donated $25 to Northstar Health Collective and $25 to Campaign Zero, which was suggested on a post on the SBA forum. Contributing on behalf of pride.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

I am Singlefather and need the money ... can I share my Paypal bank account? could need help in this corona mess

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 02:29 AM by overdoo.)

Like @"cpetrella" mentioned, I'll be able to cover the 19USD (more so $26 of my sweet, sweet CAD) for the 19 goals we scored prior to his vow. I wish that I could do more right now but I'm so happy to be able to help!

Shoutout to @Ace as well for matching Trella, it will be a big help for whoever we decide to donate to.  Kraken

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 02:34 AM by Mayuu.)

Donated some Swedish (Not 500 dollaridoo's) money to Columbus Freedom Fun on behalf of the Buffalo team.

[Image: unknown.png]

RETIRED

06-02-2020, 01:43 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: I am Singlefather and need the money ... can I share my Paypal bank account? could need help in this corona mess

There's a lot of people struggling right now, it's not a good look to beg for money in a charity thread.

RETIRED

06-02-2020, 02:53 AMMayuu Wrote:
06-02-2020, 01:43 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: I am Singlefather and need the money ... can I share my Paypal bank account? could need help in this corona mess

There's a lot of people struggling right now, it's not a good look to beg for money in a charity thread.

hey ... you know who I am!

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

Really not the time or place for this

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

06-02-2020, 04:49 AMdankoa Wrote:
Really not the time or place for this

[Image: GgTAfB.gif]

so fuck over singles with kids? idk if that is the best reply to this topic! but hey ... have fun!

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

06-02-2020, 05:11 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:
06-02-2020, 04:49 AMdankoa Wrote: Really not the time or place for this

[Image: GgTAfB.gif]

so fuck over singles with kids? idk if that is the best reply to this topic! but hey ... have fun!
As has been pointed out above, there's a lot of people out there who are struggling bc of the pandemic. I'm sorry that you personally are in that situation, but co opting a thread aimed to raise donations for a specific social cause with a comment asking for people to send you money just looks shitty, especially when it's an issue so important at this moment. I hope your situation improves, but in the mean time I don't think this is appropriate; if you're struggling to a severe extent financially then there may be charitable funds that you are able to have access to, but this isn't the way.

Not gonna say any more on this as I don't want to derail the positivity this thread has brought otherwise

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 05:39 AM by HanTheMan_.)

This is not intended to come off as hostile in any nature, but "this corona mess" is still affecting those who are fighting for literal human rights. Protesters are putting their life on the line, from not only covid, but the unfortunate hostile retaliation of police, for rights. Small businesses are being lost to people taking advantage of the riots to cause destruction. Over 4000 protesters are being wrongfully detained and or arrested for standing up against the system. While I sympathize with you, please consider the timing and where abouts you're posting this.

As @dankoa said, consider local services if they're available to you and your family. Again, I sympathize with you and I hope your situation betters but again, be considerate of the message the SHL is spreading. Also as dank said I don't want to dampen this thread of amazing community efforts and positivity so I'm not gonna post again about this.

bump

It's wild to wake up to even more kindness! Heart We broke $2500 over night between the thread and some PMs I got. Not to mention the end of S54 pledges we have from some folks. Just incredible!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

06-01-2020, 05:11 PMLoco Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

sure, consider it from the berserkers. this was from the mass bail fund link (https://secure.actblue.com/donate/bail_f...orge_floyd). i also had tossed in 20 to mmf before they got swamped.

Amazing! Love seeing this community coming out and showing so much support.

I can't match loco's generosity but have contributed another $50 to the mass bail fund. Berserkers

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]