Create Account

I´m not donating

06-03-2020, 08:26 AMjRuutu Wrote:
06-03-2020, 08:09 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Again, it is to be heard because peaceful protests ultimately never did anything at all. Yet even peaceful protests were demonized.
I´m listening, don´t agree with it. Those funds that go to rebuilding could have been used to something else. If people took interest in politics and local politics, maybe they could feel there is a different way to make a difference than riots.
You bring up yet another really tragic aspect. People have tried. And the government has deliberately attempted to silence the votes of marginalized people. Some things that have been done include gerrymandering, which is when local political districts are deliberately changed to silence certain views and artificially inflate others - this may be a difficult concept to understand at first but here is a link, a refusal to declare voting days national holidays, which disproportionately impact poor people who have to work multiple jobs with ridiculous hours to provide for their families, sometimes even making voting become a choice of whether or not to be able to afford rent and food or to vote, and purging of voter rolls. However, there is a lot that people do try to do on a local level, which is actually one of the major points of these protests - to hold local police forces accountable when they are not currently doing so. However, addressing some state-level or national laws is something that also needs to be done which needs cooperation beyond the reach of local politics.

06-03-2020, 08:09 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Actually, many community members are voluntarily cleaning up the morning after riots and protests all over the country. So that is a start.

And we will see what happens. I don't think most people want to destroy things for nothing. I would imagine that people will rebuild their communities, especially if actual changes are made to address an inherently racist system.

That is nice, I saw some pictures. Did not see that many African-Americans in those pictures, but then again did not spend too much time looking. I hope those who could leave are still going to stay and rebuild.
Hopefully.

06-03-2020, 08:09 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Not all police officers are white and, while I know it may be unpopular, I very much do believe black people can and do act in a prejudiced and even racist manner towards black people and hold racist beliefs against black people/people of color. When we live in a world where people of color have had to play by different rules for centuries, people begin to internalize these rules as the norm and begin viewing the world as if everyone has been on a level playing field. As a result, they believe that certain people are inferior because they do not achieve at the same level as others, without acknowledging/realizing/accepting that the deck is still so stacked against people of color in today's world. And this mentality is something everyone can believe and even act on, regardless of race. Mental slavery is real and yet another damaging effect of institutional racism.

That is what I would like to hear more, now I at least get the feeling that this is mostly about white police officers when in reality black and other officers do just as horrible things.
It's true and also plenty of white people are also victimized by police brutality. However, let me share this with you to explain a bit more about why the attention is so heavily placed on black victims right now.

[Image: blm-not-alm.jpg]

06-03-2020, 08:09 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Obviously so. People have been protesting these issues for decades. Finally, white people and people in power have no choice to remain wilfully ignorant and pretend that people of color are not systematically discriminated against. And this inability to ignore this issue or act like it doesn't exist is a daily reality for people of color.

And this type of scenario it would do a lot of good to hear about the community also fighting to eliminate black on black crimes, and hear about black police officers for example. When that side is ignored or seen important, it is easy to look the other way when white police officers are put on blast when talking about police brutality and racism.
The issue is, these black on black crimes have a lot to do with institutional racism and are inherently driven by it.

06-03-2020, 08:09 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Gang violence (which I assume is what you are alluding to when discussing black on black crime) is a real issue. However, much of it is a result of an environment created by a system that victimises black people constantly, a system that makes it extremely hard to escape where you come from. If you didn't know, zip code of birth (essentially the town/area of a city where you were born) is one of the best predictors of one's future education level and wealth. And it is because of a system that makes it so extremely difficult to escape poverty, leaving generations upon generations stuck in a cycle of poverty that many families have literally never escaped since their ancestors were stolen from Africa because they've never had a fair chance. It's an extremely complex issue we're talking about when it comes to gang violence that is 100% perpetuated by systemic racism.

I understand that there is no easy solutions, glorifying criminal lifestyle is where a lot of people go wrong. Many could have the potential to escape, but they get sucked into that lifestyle. In my opinion it´s not just on the system, but also on the people who live in those neighborhoods, there is not enough positive role models.
The problem is the system is not affording people the same opportunity to succeed and become role models. And you're right - there is so much wasted potential and right now, what is needed is that marginalized communities are afforded more support and attention to address some of the contributing factors to all these unnecessary deaths and wasted potential - the legal system disproportionately arresting, charging, sentencing, killing black people compared to white people, the exploitation of poor people by not enforcing a living wage as a minimum wage, the fact that health care is not considered a right in the United States, a $23 BILLION funding gap between white and nonwhite school districts despite serving about the same number of students, grossly overpriced university education, etc. All these things disproportionately hurt poor people and you know who are disproportionately poor in the United States? People of color.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

06-03-2020, 08:36 AMMayuu Wrote: The Swede's were certainly atrocious towards Finnish people and other immigrants and minorities, and still are sadly enough..
If you want my personal apology you can have it, I'm not blind to the wrong doings of my country.

Thank you, I accept your apology.

06-03-2020, 08:40 AMJR95 Wrote: heya buddy jruutu, we don't really know eachother but I have a simple request for you and I hope it's not to much to ask..

could you kindly fuck off and never come back?

sincerely

the SHL
That is nice.

06-03-2020, 08:41 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: How about you never post anything again? If you are so kind and trying to appease me, let's go all the way, allright? Besides, you clearly missed the point of PUBLIC forums if this is your defense, but I guess it's hard for you to grasp social clues if you can come up with the pile of shit you talk about here.

I´m not going to stop posting, but I will meet you halfway and promise to send my thread idea with the first post to you before posting, then you can say if it´s good enough. Is that fair?

for me its disgusting that Trump is bringing up Army now to Washington D.C.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Why is this forum the place you want to have this discussion? It's a Sim league. You and some others in here need to keep their atrocious takes to themselves.

Fucking hell.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

06-03-2020, 08:56 AMZema Wrote: Why is this forum the place you want to have this discussion? It's a Sim league. You and some others in here need to keep their atrocious takes to themselves.

Fucking hell.

it looks like you would jump out of the window of a skyscraper from the 50th floor or so!? a community and a forum is there for discussion!? you wouldnt discuss to jump out of the window? just would do that?

oh my ... so intolerant! only follow the own words and opinions. there is a reason that the humans arent the same. it would be horrible if all would be the same.

if @jRuutu is having his opinion why other must attack him or discuss with him? you have always two sides of a coin!

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

06-03-2020, 09:04 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:
06-03-2020, 08:56 AMZema Wrote: Why is this forum the place you want to have this discussion? It's a Sim league. You and some others in here need to keep their atrocious takes to themselves.

Fucking hell.

it looks like you would jump out of the window of a skyscraper from the 50th floor or so!? a community and a forum is there for discussion!? you wouldnt discuss to jump out of the window? just would do that?

oh my ... so intolerant! only follow the own words and opinions. there is a reason that the humans arent the same. it would be horrible if all would be the same.

if @jRuutu is having his opinion why other must attack him or discuss with him? you have always two sides of a coin!

What in the god damn fuck are you even trying to convey here?

Besides, once again, JRuutu posted his opinion publicly, it's publics right to ream his ass for it if they don't like it, which they clearly don't. Stop defending it when you don't understand what you are defending

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

06-03-2020, 08:52 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: You bring up yet another really tragic aspect. People have tried. And the government has deliberately attempted to silence the votes of marginalized people. Some things that have been done include gerrymandering, which is when local political districts are deliberately changed to silence certain views and artificially inflate others - this may be a difficult concept to understand at first but here is a link, a refusal to declare voting days national holidays, which disproportionately impact poor people who have to work multiple jobs with ridiculous hours to provide for their families, sometimes even making voting become a choice of whether or not to be able to afford rent and food or to vote, and purging of voter rolls. However, there is a lot that people do try to do on a local level, which is actually one of the major points of these protests - to hold local police forces accountable when they are not currently doing so. However, addressing some state-level or national laws is something that also needs to be done which needs cooperation beyond the reach of local politics.

That sounds terrible, no wonder people are angry and don´t see a way to make a difference. You would think with how important politics are in America that everything about the system is ´perfect´, or certainly at least getting people to vote would be priority number one, but by the sound of it - that is not the case.

06-03-2020, 08:52 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: It's true and also plenty of white people are also victimized by police brutality. However, let me share this with you to explain a bit more about why the attention is so heavily placed on black victims right now.

[Image: blm-not-alm.jpg]

That is a telling picture, thanks, shame if and when things truly are like that in most of the cities and neighborhoods.

06-03-2020, 08:52 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: The issue is, these black on black crimes have a lot to do with institutional racism and are inherently driven by it.

Also terrible, still especially rest of the world needs to hear about it or certainly it should the responsibility of the media over here to paint the real picture, not just blast one angle.

06-03-2020, 08:52 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: The problem is the system is not affording people the same opportunity to succeed and become role models. And you're right - there is so much wasted potential and right now, what is needed is that marginalized communities are afforded more support and attention to address some of the contributing factors to all these unnecessary deaths and wasted potential - the legal system disproportionately arresting, charging, sentencing, killing black people compared to white people, the exploitation of poor people by not enforcing a living wage as a minimum wage, the fact that health care is not considered a right in the United States, a $23 BILLION funding gap between white and nonwhite school districts despite serving about the same number of students, grossly overpriced university education, etc. All these things disproportionately hurt poor people and you know who are disproportionately poor in the United States? People of color.
Sounds like the system you have over there is far from perfect. I don´t know what to say - tragic. Like you said there is so much potential going wasted, that is the worst part of it all. Having potential and not being allowed to even try and fulfil it.

06-03-2020, 09:08 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
06-03-2020, 09:04 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: it looks like you would jump out of the window of a skyscraper from the 50th floor or so!? a community and a forum is there for discussion!? you wouldnt discuss to jump out of the window? just would do that?

What in the god damn fuck are you even trying to convey here?

Besides, once again, JRuutu posted his opinion publicly, it's publics right to ream his ass for it if they don't like it, which they clearly don't. Stop defending it when you don't understand what you are defending

also this is intolerant! why I cant defend someone I want to defend? why all must be done like you or someone else want it!?

you are not my boss or something else and we live in a democracy or not? this Intolerance in the SHL is the biggest poison!

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 09:27 AM by Leoben.)

Credit to @Baelor Swift for actually trying.

While I'm pretty sure this is an attention grab post at this point, I don't think people dismissing him and telling him to fuck off and leave are right either.  It's still marginalizing.  I'm not saying he should be provided a platform either.  Site admin can decide what to do there. There are other forums for that.

I live in an area where the majority of the population believe what Jruutu is saying.  It's wrong and kind of fucked up.  But, if you dismiss them, tell them they're stupid and ignorant, fuck off and die, whatever, then everyone just retreats back into their beliefs and nothing changes.  Everyone has their own beliefs and experiences which helped form those beliefs.  Not saying they're right but you can't eradicate a group of people, but maybe eradicate the idea and belief over time.

It's just funny because this thread has emulated so many conversations I have been a part of and witnessed in my daily life.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Fucking hell.
Forum is a forum, as good place as any.

06-03-2020, 09:08 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: What in the god damn fuck are you even trying to convey here?

And I welcome you to comment if you feel like doing so.

Jesus christ ruutu. I know you get a kick out of riling people up over shit you deem hypocritical or otherwise deserving of mockery, but this is the worst one for sure.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

the racists really are stepping out onto the streets yelling they're racist and they're too dense to realize it

L

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Time for GM's of the league to put their money where their mouths are, racism doesn't have a place in SHL.

RETIRED

06-03-2020, 09:26 AMMayuu Wrote: Time for GM's of the league to put their money where their mouths are, racism doesn't have a place in SHL.

this 1000%

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs