Create Account

I´m not donating

06-03-2020, 09:41 AMjRuutu Wrote:
06-03-2020, 09:37 AMteztify Wrote: “So-called oppressed”

We know what we need to know, to know you are, in fact, a racist.
If someone would truly be oppressed, nobody would make it out. However not denying the fact that America and the system(s) in place could and should be better.

Fucking hell, at least Y-man knew to stop doubling down.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I don’t condone the rioting and violence. That said, the police have been making unprovoked arrests against peaceful protestors and the press, and when everything they’ve tried in the past in terms of peaceful protests hasn’t allowed them to be heard and affected any change, and the pandemic means they have nothing to lose, I get why they’re doing it.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

If someone would truly be oppressed, nobody would make it out. However not denying the fact that America and the system(s) in place could and should be better.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4732497a8f564685efe8...=giphy.gif]

RETIRED

CLOWN OF THE MONTH

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

This is ridiculous. Racism and oppression manifests itself in many ways, some big and some small - all evil. We don’t need to see genocide to recognize oppression.

And it’s not an American problem. It’s a global one. As you’ve demonstrated.

I'm not racist, my sister-in-law's baby cousin Tracy got a brother and his girlfriend's black

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Saying it's not really oppression if some people make it out is like saying it's not really genocide unless they all die.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

06-03-2020, 09:38 AMSamee Wrote: funny because damn alot of this thread gives me "im racist" vibes.
Maybe you refuse to look things from my perspective?

06-03-2020, 09:39 AMMayuu Wrote: Then don't say racist shit.

I have not. OR certainly it was not my intention.

06-03-2020, 09:40 AMsköldpaddor Wrote: you're right, we don't know you. What we know is what you present of yourself here, which at the moment, looks pretty damn racist. It's GMs prerogative to avoid personalities that they think would affect their team negatively. I already wouldn't feel comfortable in a locker room with you after your weird need to defend misogyny, and while I'm white, I'm pretty sure your presence doesn't come off as very welcoming to people of color either. This is a reputation you're giving yourself here, no one is doing this to you.

And still it could be entirely possible that I´m not a racist. Not denying the importance of GM´s making locker rooms and teams a friendly place to spend time in. Just in case it interests you, I don´t really like the discord LRs, I don´t spend that much time in there compared to forums for example, so I don´t think you would have anything to worry about.

06-03-2020, 06:47 AMdankoa Wrote:
06-03-2020, 06:45 AMjeffie43 Wrote: I got your back homie. Write me up for a dollar for every goal you score this season.

I’ll match this - who else is in to get the JRuutu BLM fund as high as possible?

Ill match this as well.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-03-2020, 09:45 AMteztify Wrote:
06-03-2020, 09:41 AMjRuutu Wrote: If someone would truly be oppressed, nobody would make it out. However not denying the fact that America and the system(s) in place could and should be better.

This is ridiculous. Racism and oppression manifests itself in many ways, some big and some small - all evil. We don’t need to see genocide to recognize oppression.

And it’s not an American problem. It’s a global one. As you’ve demonstrated.
Absolutely, but still asking questions and sharing my thoughts on what I see should not automatically lead to me being labelled as the worst of the worst.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 09:54 AM by sve7en.)

06-03-2020, 09:48 AMjRuutu Wrote:
06-03-2020, 09:38 AMSamee Wrote: funny because damn alot of this thread gives me "im racist" vibes.

Maybe you refuse to look things from my perspective?

Maybe you refuse to look at anything from a perspective not your own.

Scratch that, I forgot your response to Baelor.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

06-03-2020, 09:08 AMjRuutu Wrote:
06-03-2020, 08:52 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: You bring up yet another really tragic aspect. People have tried. And the government has deliberately attempted to silence the votes of marginalized people. Some things that have been done include gerrymandering, which is when local political districts are deliberately changed to silence certain views and artificially inflate others - this may be a difficult concept to understand at first but here is a link, a refusal to declare voting days national holidays, which disproportionately impact poor people who have to work multiple jobs with ridiculous hours to provide for their families, sometimes even making voting become a choice of whether or not to be able to afford rent and food or to vote, and purging of voter rolls. However, there is a lot that people do try to do on a local level, which is actually one of the major points of these protests - to hold local police forces accountable when they are not currently doing so. However, addressing some state-level or national laws is something that also needs to be done which needs cooperation beyond the reach of local politics.

That sounds terrible, no wonder people are angry and don´t see a way to make a difference. You would think with how important politics are in America that everything about the system is ´perfect´, or certainly at least getting people to vote would be priority number one, but by the sound of it - that is not the case.

06-03-2020, 08:52 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: It's true and also plenty of white people are also victimized by police brutality. However, let me share this with you to explain a bit more about why the attention is so heavily placed on black victims right now.

[Image: blm-not-alm.jpg]

That is a telling picture, thanks, shame if and when things truly are like that in most of the cities and neighborhoods.

06-03-2020, 08:52 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: The issue is, these black on black crimes have a lot to do with institutional racism and are inherently driven by it.

Also terrible, still especially rest of the world needs to hear about it or certainly it should the responsibility of the media over here to paint the real picture, not just blast one angle.

06-03-2020, 08:52 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: The problem is the system is not affording people the same opportunity to succeed and become role models. And you're right - there is so much wasted potential and right now, what is needed is that marginalized communities are afforded more support and attention to address some of the contributing factors to all these unnecessary deaths and wasted potential - the legal system disproportionately arresting, charging, sentencing, killing black people compared to white people, the exploitation of poor people by not enforcing a living wage as a minimum wage, the fact that health care is not considered a right in the United States, a $23 BILLION funding gap between white and nonwhite school districts despite serving about the same number of students, grossly overpriced university education, etc. All these things disproportionately hurt poor people and you know who are disproportionately poor in the United States? People of color.
Sounds like the system you have over there is far from perfect. I don´t know what to say - tragic. Like you said there is so much potential going wasted, that is the worst part of it all. Having potential and not being allowed to even try and fulfil it.
I'm really glad I took a leap of faith and decided to address your OP point by point. I honestly was not expecting you to be so willing to hear me out and gain a better understanding of the issue but I'm glad you have. If you have any more questions, please do ask but I hope I've explained the situation to you well enough about why people are protesting and rioting, why, this time, it was not just limited to peaceful protests, and how the system in the US is truly racist in its current state and is in dire need of reform.

If anything, I would love to see you make a donation to one of the many organisations people in the league are supporting - I will match you up to $20 if you do so.

To everyone else - no matter which side of the issue you are on, I really do urge you to read through this back and forth. Admittedly, this was rather exhausting but it is important for people to be open to dialogue and, in this case, both jRuutu and I were open to dialogue. And I think positives were able to be taken from it and it was an opportunity for him to be more educated on the situation and the facts and feelings that led to what is now going on. I understand approaching this post with hostility and don't blame, don't fault, don't condemn the many who did. That OP was extremely inflammatory. But if you're ever up to it, I urge you to try to take a breath and attempt to open up some form of dialogue with people who are expressing racist/discriminatory views. Many times it won't work but sometimes, you may just strike a chord.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Please just stop. There is still a way back from this

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

People need to stop looting tho fr.

Gives shit heads a narrative to stick to.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

06-03-2020, 09:51 AMsve7en Wrote:
06-03-2020, 09:48 AMjRuutu Wrote: Maybe you refuse to look things from my perspective?

Maybe you refuse to look at anything from a perspective not your own.
I have, Baelor Swift for example kindly offered information to me and I at least tried to understand.