Create Account

UrsinZ Toronto North Star Co-GM AMA
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 12:50 PM by UrsinZ.)

Ready for grading

Hey guys as a lot of you already did, i thought now is the time to do an AMA as well!
I will awnser the questions over the day (am working so maybe it takes an 1 or 2 hours sometimes)

06-05-2020, 12:47 AMGeekusoid Wrote: Eyyy congratulations Ursin!

From Outlaw, to rookie year past in Toronto...to now Toronto Co-GM, what do you attribute your continued success to? How does it feel to go from player, to player/gm?

Thanks strom!

Well as I joined the site I had never been on such a site neither did i know anything which was like this, so first of I was pretty overwhelmed by all the new things I had to learn. If there weren't people that awsome in our ANA locker room i wouldnt have stayed on the site. When I joined TOR I liked all the guys in the LR from the get go, they were awsome! Sadly we werent a really big team yet. So I tried to do my part and help the team to keep new faces active on the site to grow bigger and bigger. As the season went on I was amazed how ML was doing all these things alone wihtout any help. So jeah we (the non gm guys) offered him our help sometimes which resulted in ML looking for a CO-GM. I loved the team and the plan / mindset the team had so I applied. ML resulted in picking me which was a big honor!
So to make it short i think i would say my "success" has a lot to do with the guys I met on the site, they kept me interested in the site and showed me how I wanted a team to be. Also I tend to get super invested on things i like which probably is another reason.

06-05-2020, 12:47 AMCptSquall Wrote: How is life across the pond?
Favorite brand and type of cigar?
Favorite hockey player of all time?
Why do my GMs only like the Rivals of my team?
If you do drink, what is the rarest liquor you have had?

1. Currently it's getting back to normal, all the shops are back open after this weekend and group sports are allowed again. Also the football league (which is straight up shit) will be starting soon.
2. As I haven't smoked that much yet i guess my favorite brand is villiger, my favorite cigar i don't really know yet tbf. As I am not that used to smoking cigars I prefere some light ones.
3. Currently it's Roman Josi, in my opinion there are not many players which are better on the defensive end than him. All time it's probably Mark Streit because thanks to his career a lot of young players tried to go to the NHL and he was a big leader in the Swiss Nation Team.
4. Probably because we aint such band wagon guys like you and tron are Scrub
5. Hm pretty hard to say i dont really drink rare alcohol because i can't afford it. I've drinked some beers from local breweries which were only sold in my town or just given to friends. I have also drunk some fruit schnapps(dont know a good english word for it) which are made from local farmers.

06-05-2020, 12:48 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: Which kinds of Swiss chocolate do you recommend?

Tea or coffee? What kind?

What is your favorite color?

If you had to take one of the Toronto players on vacation with you, who would you pick and where would you go?

I would recommend you to try Lindor chocolate. They have some chocolate balls which are filled with creamy chocolate. I personaly dont really like Toblerone but it's also great chocolate i think. I also like the white Galak chocolate from Nestle.

Definetly Tea! I don't drink coffee (more for carpy) because I don't like the taste.
Favorite tea depends on the day, sometimes it's fruit tea on other days it's mint. We have a tea with alp herbs which is awsome!

Favorite color is probably blue (matches torontos color nice). But considering my clothes it would be black, grey or white lmao.

I always wanted to visit Norway, Finnland, Sweden and Island. Considering Carpy has been to Finnland he may know some helpful things about the other countrys as well so I would take him with me.

06-05-2020, 01:40 AMCarpy48 Wrote: How much has your experience changed since you've seen the "management side" of the SHL? What are some new things you've learned since you've been able to see the league from a (Co-)GM perspective? What is something you definitely didn't expect and maybe something us regular players don't know about? Positive or negative.

During the beginning of a new season there isnt really a big change for me, what changed the most is the end of the season and the offseason. We have to do all the scouting for the draft during this time. And after the draft signing the new prospects and also sign some FA's (mostly done by ml) I also get some money for doing the job which is great. I also learned that Gwdjohnson is "bad" thanks to the gm chat.
Well what i had to learn are some parts of the Rulebook. I also think that the scouting process is something i had to learn, I don't like to just ask the basic questions we need to know because i wouldn't get to know the player I am talking to. Thanks to this seasons draft this got a lot better! I guess these are the most important things.
Well for me it was the scouting I thought the whole thing won't take that much time. Also the draft can sometimes process really slow and a few moments later the picks will come pretty fast.
One of the biggest positives is that you get to know a lot more people from the league! TBH I cant find a negative thing currently but there probably are some which I cant remember currently... (If something pops up in my head i will add it Wink ) Hmm

06-05-2020, 01:56 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Your start to this season is already considerably better than last seasons', but you're still near the bottom of the league. How do you motivate yourself to keep going as a GM, and what would make this season a success in your book?

Well for me it's not that hard to keep myself motivated. When I applied I knew that we are in a rebuild and we were fully commited to keep the rebuild going. Soon our seasons will look better and better! Our prospect pool is awsome and is still getting better from day to day! Our locker room also is a really cool place to be in, which helps everyone to stay motivated. Well to be honest i didn't really set a milestone for this season.  Not finishing last and then stealing the 1st OA from TBB? Playoffs would be awsome.

06-05-2020, 04:53 AMSegi Wrote: Fondue or Raclette?
Emmentaler or Gruyère?
Ski or Snowboard?
Coop or Migros?
Car or train?
Gin Tonic or Gin Lemon?

Definetly fondue!
Gruyère i dont like the emmentaler really gross cheese
Ski for sure
Migros! (sometimes coop because they have good GF noodles and beer)
Depends tbh. I use the car more often just because it's faster (if you get me a trainstation i will reconsider my choice Wink )
Gin Tonic for sure!

06-05-2020, 05:31 AMdylanjj37 Wrote: dylan?

No it's me Ursin.

06-05-2020, 07:30 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: hey there friend

thoughts on switzerland's future?
any toronto prospects that you think will surprise people?
any expectations this season?

hey there bloos  Towel

Our future looks awsome! Stacked team maybe a bit lacking on the defensive end with tedla gone. But we look promising on paper!
Jeah i think Tayjay will surprise a lot of people on the site! Flying a bit under the radar but very active! I hope e can break his curse of not scoring goals at the beginning of the season :D.
tbf i just watched us loosing in the SO against HAM we can go nuts now. Challange cup will be ours at the end of the season! No as I said to muted I am pretty happy with not finishing last and seeing our team perform good against comparable teams.(not tbb lmao)

06-05-2020, 10:15 AMCementHands Wrote: Hello fellow S50 member Smile
what has been your favorite management moment in your less than 1 year on the site?

Hey there Krashwagen  Cheers
Well favorite moment from my whole career gotta be the 4 star cup with ANA. Favorite management moment is a bit harder. First off probably getting selected as co-gm by ML! The other isn't really a moment, it's more of a time period. Which is the growing of our LR! The locker room gets bigger from season to season and all the new guys are awsome! Also everyone is helping everyone and sometimes chirping eachother. Just glad we have an awsome bunch of guys gathered in Toronto!
And last but not least gotta be the talks we hear about our team. That our future looks bright and we could/will be one of the very good teams in the league! Just makes me proud to be a co-gm of such a great team!

06-05-2020, 11:36 AMhonkerrs Wrote: Which sorceress did you pick for Geralt in the Witcher 3 and why was it Triss?

Well currently i haven't picked one yet. But it will definetly be Yennefer. Why not Triss? I dont know man sometimes you gotta make sacrifices to get what you want.  Surrender
Also our lord and savior ML picked Yenn so i had to.  Bowdown

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Eyyy congratulations Ursin!

From Outlaw, to rookie year past in Toronto...to now Toronto Co-GM, what do you attribute your continued success to? How does it feel to go from player, to player/gm?

How is life across the pond?
Favorite brand and type of cigar?
Favorite hockey player of all time?
Why do my GMs only like the Rivals of my team?
If you do drink, what is the rarest liquor you have had?

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Which kinds of Swiss chocolate do you recommend?

Tea or coffee? What kind?

What is your favorite color?

If you had to take one of the Toronto players on vacation with you, who would you pick and where would you go?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

How much has your experience changed since you've seen the "management side" of the SHL? What are some new things you've learned since you've been able to see the league from a (Co-)GM perspective? What is something you definitely didn't expect and maybe something us regular players don't know about? Positive or negative.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Your start to this season is already considerably better than last seasons', but you're still near the bottom of the league. How do you motivate yourself to keep going as a GM, and what would make this season a success in your book?

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Fondue or Raclette?
Emmentaler or Gruyère?
Ski or Snowboard?
Coop or Migros?
Car or train?
Gin Tonic or Gin Lemon?

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

dylan?

hey there friend

thoughts on switzerland's future?
any toronto prospects that you think will surprise people?
any expectations this season?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Hello fellow S50 member Smile
what has been your favorite management moment in your less than 1 year on the site?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Which sorceress did you pick for Geralt in the Witcher 3 and why was it Triss?

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Alright imma call it a day thanks for all these awsome questions!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

"Jeah i think Tayjay will surprise a lot of people on the site! Flying a bit under the radar but very active! I hope e can break his curse of not scoring goals at the beginning of the season :D."

I've got one so far, so you could say I'm killing it lol.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]