Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition

Best at graphics: Wasty

With no disrespect to the other talented artists of the SHL, I think Wasty is the best at graphics. I know he puts a ton of time, effort, and pride into his graphics, and it shows.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

In all honesty, I’d love to talk about most of these awards, but I suspect the meaningfulness of my answers might be lost if I focused on all of them – like how lucky I feel to be managed by the Buffalo Stampede, who trash talk like none other. I do also feel as though there’s a bit of a controversy around “most dedicated” – so I’ll also most certainly be avoiding that.

My task will focus on two users in particular: my boy @GeckoeyGecko and, of course, the immortal Wasty. First, our Treecko-loving lizard friend and League of Legends/Galio/bird enthusiast Geck. He’s beloved across the site for his easy-going and down to earth nature – which isn’t really captured well by ‘funniest user’ – honestly, I think humor is just a small bit of his personality. Geck was one of the first users I was introduced to outside of my own SMJHL team as he flitted between the VHL and SHL communities (though he only has a player in one). And I think this is demonstrative of how he can serve as a bridge between communities: he takes jokes in stride, even (or especially) at his own expense, makes killer pixel graphics, and doesn’t even mind being memed. I’m not sure if the ‘funniest user’ is perfect for Gecko, but I do think he needs some recognition for the value he brings to a community.

The second is @Wasty , who also needs no introduction but whose praises I could sing well beyond the length of this point task. My first night in the SHL was a hectic one, to describe it lightly. The draft was literally two hours after I made my player (Emilia Bergman), and suddenly I was thrust on to an Anaheim Outlaws team that mercifully had some familiar faces. But I’d barely had time to complete the interested prospect and rookie point tasks before I was suddenly an actual player on an actual team with all of these things to do. I wanted to have a clear-cut image for my player, opting to make my render Zoe Hickel – even if I knew women’s hockey wasn’t extensively published unless your name is Hilary Knight. I asked my locker room for recommendations on a good sig maker, not knowing how sim leagues tend to work (i.e. paying for a signature).

The recs were more or less unanimous and effusive in favor of Wasty. But as a brand new member with relatively few connections in the league – and especially with ZERO to Wasty, he had no reason to do me any favors. Within literal minutes, he responded and asked for a team and a render/player. Within a few days he had everything done, and when he asked for payment (I’d just done a large media article, my first bit of SHL money), he said not to worry about it. His graphic now sits in my signature and played a role in getting me to stick around in the SHL. After all, if there were members like Wasty – someone who’s willing to produce absolute quality work without any expectation of payment for a brand-new SHL user, he’s an absolute winner in my book. I could not agree more with Wasty - both in terms of graphic quality and using his abilities for a purpose beyond earning money.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Code:
Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

Wannabefinn is obviously hands down the best trash talker on the SHL this was such a no brainer for first place. Every thread where you know dudes are poppin off in, you can bet your ass Finn is up in there droppin some heat that stings like a bee but with the grace of a butterfly. Gotta give big ups to the finnster on this one.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

I'm against this. I would feel like the team that has won 2 out of the last 3 Championships and have one of the deepest prospects pools in the league right now. They are still a young team and growing and getting better every season.

next league poll should have awards(?) for "Most Drama" and "Consistent Clown", i know thats a bit negative and highly unlikely now that i think more about it. thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Now why would you want to drink with that simp @Acsolap. Rediculous if anything you would want to drink with the CHAD of all CHADS @Frick_Nasty. Now that dude knows how to fucking party.

[Image: lazer2.png]

Funniest User: .bojo

For!

Bojo is a riot whether on the site or in the locker room. That man has thrown down some of the funniest shit I have seen in ages in the BAP locker room.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

HAHAHAHAHHA, this is the dumbest thing i’ve ever seen. My farts are a better shit talked then WBF. If you think WBF is the best trash talker on SHL then you’re all bitches. Don’t get me wrong, love the guy and am forever #LeeIn but he’s so soft and loveable, he ain’t talking shit to nobody.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

My argument against is the Toronto North Stars. I know before you laugh, ever since ML had taken over the team, the rebuild is going strong and a couple more season till success

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Wasty is absolutely the god of graphics. If he ever offers to make you a sig, jump on it. I think I've been graced by one Wasty sig. While many people are good, he's great.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

As a somewhat newer user to the league I haven't had much interaction with most of the people on the list, so on the subject of "which user would you most like to drink with" I would probably choose Simon or Noka just because I know them the most from other leagues. Ass clap is a funny name though.

[Image: snail.png]

Wasty indeed deserves the title of best graphic maker, I mean, just look at the stuff he dishes out. And i'm not saying this because he is my GM, but I truly love the look of the signature he made for the team.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Funniest SHL user: Against

Modern-day its possible. All-time I'm against because I was on the site for idot and prime stud trolling which was some of the best stuff I've seen on any forum I've used. The commissioner leaked photoshop email thread is still one of the best in SHL history.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

I really would agree with Acsolap being the user I would most like to get a beer with. In fact, I can't imagine a single situation in which I wouldn't get a beer with him if given the chance. In fact I think that if I was made aware of any person that had an opportunity to get a beer with him and declined to do so I would lose all respect that I previously had for that person. Also DaftRaincloud should be the funniest SHL user.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 04:51 AM by hockeyiscool.)

I would have to disagree about the best run organization being Buffalo. They just happen to be peaking in TPe and involvement at the time of this question being asked. They are essentially the S54-558 version of the S60-64 Texas Renegades, so I just consider them to be a cyclical success. The best run organization should applaud consistency. In my book, this award goes to the Edmonton Blizzards. Looking back through the  past 15 seasons they seem to be one of the teams in the League that continues to churn out playoff performances year after year. They have made the playoffs every season since S43 and don't look like they will be stopping anytime soon. In this time period Buffalo missed the playoffs twice.  Edmonton drafted Daniel Laforest with the #9 pick in the draft so that's an auto win. Put Respect on his name.